Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#9301 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't even think you can get TSW added to Origin if you wanted to (unless you buy it there of course). Has anyone been successful in getting EA to add it to their Origin account?

I can confirm the keys from Amazon, which is for the version published by EA, do not activate to Origin either through the normal or legacy links that I have gotten other EA games to activate there with.

Thanks.

#9302 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Is anyone able to get Spec Ops: The Line for 2,50 for me from Amazon? (If it is a steam version?) Or does that require some kind of coupon I don't have? I wouldn't want to waste anyone's coupons. If it is no big hassle and possible, it would be greatly apreciated :) I don't own a creditcard so I can't buy from Amazon.

Its steam DRM and $2.49 if you have the $5 off for the Editors Choice. Valid the month of Jan. only.

#9303 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Is anyone able to get Spec Ops: The Line for 2,50 for me from Amazon? (If it is a steam version?) Or does that require some kind of coupon I don't have? I wouldn't want to waste anyone's coupons. If it is no big hassle and possible, it would be greatly apreciated :) I don't own a creditcard so I can't buy from Amazon.

It requires a coupon that you got by buying anything digiitally from amazon before the first of the year. You might try checking the steam trade and group buy thread, perhaps someone buying the bioshock 1/2 + spec ops $10 bundle ($5 after coupon) doesn't want spec ops and would sell it to you for $2.50-3.50, that's how I got mine a couple of days ago.

Guardian_owl.png

#9304 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

It requires a coupon that you got by buying anything digiitally from amazon before the first of the year. You might try checking the steam trade and group buy thread, perhaps someone buying the bioshock 1/2 + spec ops $10 bundle ($5 after coupon) doesn't want spec ops and would sell it to you for $2.50-3.50, that's how I got mine a couple of days ago.

I see! Thanks for clarifying that :) I'll check if I have any luck there.

#9305 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

It's steam. "Steam account required for game activation and installation."
The coupon required you to have bought a Digital Download game in Nov/Dec of last year.

#9306 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

[Razor2]'s terrible do not buy it, please.

I had it from an Indie Gala so I pulled it up to see if it's worth two bucks.

It's not. Clumsy controls, very cramped and narrow game play space (I couldn't get it to run in widescreen, and the HUD is on the left and right sides of the screen, making it even narrower). Very generic ships. Weapons are boring. It's not even as fun as those DOS Freeware shooters I used to play as a teenager.

Sine Mora, Gundemonium, Jamestown -- there are some very charming SHUMPS out there to play instead. Skip this one.

BTW if there's some especially good Amazon deal can someone please repost it here? I'm finding that thread pretty insufferable these days.

Yes please. I feel like every time I venture outside this thread, I discover other parts of CAG are the typical internet cesspools of abuse and mean-spiritedness.

Does anybody know if or when War of Roses will go on sale?

It's on sale right now on Steam. It's also on sale on Amazon, where if you ordered another digital game in November or December, you'll have a $5 coupon, bringing the price down further.

Just remember that there's a standard and a deluxe edition.

#9307 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

My internal debate over war of the roses continues. I bought a chivalry 4 pack a few days ago and gave them to friends. War of the roses looks similar but some say its better some worse. The amazon price is hot but I'm not sure ill play it having chivalry and having friends who will be playing chivalry as well.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#9308 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I know this has been asked before but is Tropico 4 worth it if I own Tropico 3 and haven't spent much time with it? I played the demo for 4 and became interested but wanted to get the opinions of all of y'all who have spent some significant time with the game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9309 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

War of Roses does look fun, but it seems like something I'd never get to just like Mount & Blade.
Spoiler

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#9310 Bulkoth

Bulkoth

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

WTF happened to Skyrim? It was set at $40 before the community vote as a base price and so people voted assuming we'd get 50% off the base price, not for them to jack the price up to the equivalent of 25% off. Steam is causing me to lose alot of faith in them this sale.

#9311 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hey everyone, I just updated the "Enhanced Steam" plugin to show you the actual amount saved when looking at a bundle. New update version is 0.6.

For now, you may have to load the bundle page, let it find out which games you own, then refresh the bundle page, which will show you the actual amount you'll save for the bundle. This is calculated by adding the cost of all of the items you do not own and subtracting the bundle price.

#9312 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

WTF happened to Skyrim? It was set at $40 before the community vote as a base price and so people voted assuming we'd get 50% off the base price, not for them to jack the price up to the equivalent of 25% off. Steam is causing me to lose alot of faith in them this sale.

It was never $40 as a base price.

#9313 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

#9314 Bulkoth

Bulkoth

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

False, it was $40 as a base price as the voting was going on, I checked before voting.

#9315 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

False, it was $40 as a base price as the voting was going on, I checked before voting.

I think you're confusing "base price" with "sale price". When it was up for vote, it was already on sale for $40 (33% off). The 50% off vote was not for 50% off the already discounted price, it was off of the base price ($59.99, which hasn't changed)

#9316 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

False. It was discounted 33% off to $40. The base price was still $60.

#9317 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Never played any Torchlight games...anyone recommend them? Should I play the first one before diving into the second one?

#9318 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Never played any Torchlight games...anyone recommend them? Should I play the first one before diving into the second one?

Most people say no, Torchlight 2 improves upon 1 and there is no multilplayer in torchlight 1.

My internal debate over war of the roses continues. I bought a chivalry 4 pack a few days ago and gave them to friends. War of the roses looks similar but some say its better some worse. The amazon price is hot but I'm not sure ill play it having chivalry and having friends who will be playing chivalry as well.

Comparison by the guy who does the WTF is... videos

Guardian_owl.png

#9319 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

If you like Diablo then get Torclight as it's made by ex Diablo devs. I recommend going straight to the second game. First game is fine, but the second has online co-op.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#9320 fore1337

fore1337

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

You rock. I'll try this out when I get back home.

On an unrelated note.
WTF, the Skyrim DLC isn't even discounted. Geez.

#9321 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

You could've bought the discounted DLC the other seemingly 70 hours the game's been on sale this winter sale.

#9322 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Wish it'd been Sleeping Dogs instead of Skyrim, but that's just karma for all the votes I was laughing at earlier, I guess.

The good news is, gamersgate finally refunded me for the beth packs they took away.

What's the thought on Tropico 3 vs 4? 3 is on GMG for 1.75 (fake edit: I guess 3 isn't steam) GMG does have Jet Set Radio for 2.38 after coupon (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831)

Also, all kinds of end-of-sale stuff going on over at GOG today.

#9323 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

4 is probably the better game simply because the engine is a lot better/easier on computers. 3 is not very well optimized. 4 doesn't really look any better, but I can't say that bothers me in those types of games.

#9324 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Tropico 4 is quite similar to 3. That said, 4 is an improvement in most ways, graphics, gameplay, bugs, story, etc. There is also the Modern Times expansion that adds another large campaign.

I'd recommend 4 over 3 if you haven't played much of 3. If you have played 3, then you probably already want 4 for the improvements and new missions.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#9325 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Agreed. You know it's bad when even the normally unflappable Tony states that the thread is "sucking his soul." Sigh.

That depressing thread, like Amazon's PC gaming indexing, is a complete clusterfuck.

Re: DoW Franchise. I've said it numerous times since blind buying it last week: excellent value. Putting in an hour or so for a mission, not doing any crazy marathon gaming, is the way to go, IMHO. Accumulated 13 hours in DoW's 11 missions, about 2 hours into Winter Assault which has 6 or 12 missions. At this rate, the hours of entertainment will be worth the $9.99...

Multiple edits as auto-spelling is shaq-fuing me in the ass.

#9326 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Magika finally showed up

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#9327 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Tropico 4 is quite similar to 3. That said, 4 is an improvement in most ways, graphics, gameplay, bugs, story, etc. There is also the Modern Times expansion that adds another large campaign.

I'd recommend 4 over 3 if you haven't played much of 3. If you have played 3, then you probably already want 4 for the improvements and new missions.

I have nothing to add to the Tropico 3/4 discussion but just at this very moment realized that my holiday Trailer Park Boys marathon on Netflix has finally educated me on the identity of your avatar. :lol:

#9328 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Magika finally showed up

Really surprised at how long it took for that one to go on sale lol

#9329 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Damnit Steam, put Crusader Kings II as a daily already so that Amazon can price match it for me!
Posted Image

#9330 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Painkiller 50%-75%
Magika 75%
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 75% $2.50 each
Dark Souls 50% $20
Sniper Elite 75%
Tomb Raider 75% (all nine for $15)

Its a good deal but I know I would never play all nine Tomb Raider games, are there 1 or 2 of them which are stand outs?

Guardian_owl.png