Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#9331 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I have nothing to add to the Tropico 3/4 discussion but just at this very moment realized that my holiday Trailer Park Boys marathon on Netflix has finally educated me on the identity of your avatar. :lol:

Haha! I love that the pic I'm using has him holding a rum and coke - as always.

Watch out for samsquanch monsters and shithawks!
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#9332 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Got Spec Ops: The Line from an awesome CAG named stupidproz1

Thank you sir! I love this community ^^

#9333 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Steam aren't event trying now, are they?
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#9334 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Its a good deal but I know I would never play all nine Tomb Raider games, are there 1 or 2 of them which are stand outs?

Legend and Underworld are the most recent games from the series. If you aren't nostalgic I suggest only getting those two.

#9335 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Vote for Doom 3 so that Doom Rails might mistakenly go back on sale for 74 cents again. :lol:

#9336 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I love how the Painkiller franchise is 50 to 75% off... except it's really 33 to 75% off since the new one is only 33% off. Good job Steam!

#9337 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I noticed that this time around on the Skyrim sale the DLC is only 33% off (was 50%).

Vote for Doom 3 so that Doom Rails might mistakenly go back on sale for 74 cents again. :lol:

Done!

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9338 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Damnit Steam, put Crusader Kings II as a daily already so that Amazon can price match it for me!

Amazon isn't matching everything so if it does go up, you might have to pick it up on Steam...

At least this game goes on sale all the time and everywhere so it shouldn't be too tough to track down.

(Amazon hasn't matched Steam's Total War Grand Master Collection).

#9339 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Really wanted to pick up Shogun 2, but not at 66% off. It has been 75% off in the past don't know why it is 66% trying to milk more money out of sales I am guessing.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#9340 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm thinking about picking up SW-KOTR 1&2 off the new deals for today (I know it's been on sale previously, but am just now considering picking them up). Any thoughts on how well the games looks on PC?

I am also wondering for Max Payne 1 & 2 (still on sale from yesterday). I have both on PS2 in my backlog, but if they would look better on PC, I would go that way...

#9341 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I love how the Painkiller franchise is 50 to 75% off... except it's really 33 to 75% off since the new one is only 33% off. Good job Steam!

The new one is half off.

#9342 yayamo

yayamo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Steam aren't event trying now, are they?

What do you mean? They put KOTOR on 75% off...

...for the 974th time.

#9343 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Posted Image

Guardian_owl.png

#9344 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm thinking about picking up SW-KOTR 1&2 off the new deals for today (I know it's been on sale previously, but am just now considering picking them up). Any thoughts on how well the games looks on PC?

I am also wondering for Max Payne 1 & 2 (still on sale from yesterday). I have both on PS2 in my backlog, but if they would look better on PC, I would go that way...

The KOTORs hold up well today. The graphics are decent enough that they don't take away from the game. Make sure to check out the Restored Content mod for the 2nd game since Obsidian had to rush the ending when releasing it.

Absolutely worth the $5 for both, as they each hold 20+ hours of gameplay.

fs_overall.png

#9345 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Amazon isn't matching everything so if it does go up, you might have to pick it up on Steam...

At least this game goes on sale all the time and everywhere so it shouldn't be too tough to track down.

(Amazon hasn't matched Steam's Total War Grand Master Collection).

Well, if they don't, it means at least one of my $5 certificates will go to waste. That's really the reason why I want it to, because options are limited for me. That, and I have a lot of credit on Amazon.
Posted Image

#9346 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

The first one didn't run all that well for me, but I am replaying KOTOR2 right now with the new content mods, and the game holds up pretty well. I'm no graphics-whore though.
Posted Image

#9347 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

So I think I'm probably going to do my "last day" purchases early because I think we've probably already seen all the sales one way or another and I don't want to forget while I'm at MAGfest for the weekend.

So, if Magical Drop V somehow hits a flash or daily, you're welcome.

#9348 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Really wanted to pick up Shogun 2, but not at 66% off. It has been 75% off in the past don't know why it is 66% trying to milk more money out of sales I am guessing.

If Steam had made a 'Shogun 2' bundle consisting of:

Shogun 2 + DLC & Shogun 2: FotS + DLC for around $15

I would have bit.

#9349 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I was looking forward to grabbing The Longest Journey until I played the demo. After I ini tweaked in windowed mode so it wasn't stretched I found out that windowed caused my windows fonts to change, the game to freeze and require hard quit on scene changes, movies to play in a different location than the window was located, and other issues. I'm sure it's a great game but I can't put up with all those issues to play it.

#9350 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

So I think I'm probably going to do my "last day" purchases early because I think we've probably already seen all the sales one way or another and I don't want to forget while I'm at MAGfest for the weekend.

So, if Magical Drop V somehow hits a flash or daily, you're welcome.

Read this before you buy that horrible piece of trash: http://steamcommunit...60/discussions/
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9351 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

How's that Dracula Origin game? Seeing as it's $2.49, that might be my only last minute purchase of this sale.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9352 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Read this before you buy that horrible piece of trash: http://steamcommunit...60/discussions/

I generally browse the Steam forums for any unknown game before I consider buying it. A few angry rants here and there is normal but if you have the bulk of the natives restless that's a problem.

You know it's bad when you see a thread entitled "Random Frustrations Topic". ;)

How's that Dracula Origin game? Seeing as it's $2.49, that might be my only last minute purchase of this sale.

I own it. I wish I could tell you but...well you know how it goes!

#9353 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I was looking forward to grabbing The Longest Journey until I played the demo. After I ini tweaked in windowed mode so it wasn't stretched I found out that windowed caused my windows fonts to change, the game to freeze and require hard quit on scene changes, movies to play in a different location than the window was located, and other issues. I'm sure it's a great game but I can't put up with all those issues to play it.

To be fair, the game is 13 years old. That being said, I had no issues running it on my current rig, but I don't have a widescreen monitor and I played it full screen.
Posted Image

#9354 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Demos are often version 1.0 (unpatched) or some versions behind, so it's hard to tell actual buggyness of the game from the demos.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9355 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

When you're a digital hoarder, how do your friends and family know that you need help?

CJSce_Haf3o

#9356 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

To be fair, the game is 13 years old. That being said, I had no issues running it on my current rig, but I don't have a widescreen monitor and I played it full screen.

I may try the demo again on my old XP laptop which has been retired, but I won't be getting to it before the end of the sale. It's something I want to play, but backlog.

Demos are often version 1.0 (unpatched) or some versions behind, so it's hard to tell actual buggyness of the game from the demos.

While I understand devs not wanting to devote resources towards updating demos, it reflects poorly on the game and in this case (at least temporarily) has cost them a sale.

#9357 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I generally browse the Steam forums for any unknown game before I consider buying it. A few angry rants here and there is normal but if you have the bulk of the natives restless that's a problem.

You know it's bad when you see a thread entitled "Random Frustrations Topic". ;)

Yeah, totally understand. I still haven't gotten around to Wanderlust to give you a review yet. (you asked over a month ago lol) :cry:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#9358 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

When you're a digital hoarder, how do your friends and family know that you need help?

CJSce_Haf3o

My wife asked me this a few weeks ago. Along with do you buy digital games so she doesn't see them. Lol
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#9359 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I just talked myself out of impulse buying the rest of the Magicka DLC that I don't already own. Looks like I am missing some item packs, robes and LIC. Anything worth the purchase?

Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack
Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack
Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack
Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack

Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes
Magicka: Mega Villain Robes

Magicka: Lonely Island Cruise

#9360 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

My wife asked me this a few weeks ago. Along with do you buy digital games so she doesn't see them. Lol

I've been telling my wife that "Steam" is our water company.

And that they bill me twice a week.