Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#9361 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

When you're a digital hoarder, how do your friends and family know that you need help?

God where did 45 minutes of my life go? That hit home. ;)

#9362 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

My wife asked me this a few weeks ago. Along with do you buy digital games so she doesn't see them. Lol

What they don't see, won't hurt them. Heaven forbids she ever gets the upper hand on "You've got enough shoes!"* argument :lol:

* - for avoidance of doubt, the correct answer is "You can never have enough!"

#9363 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I generally browse the Steam forums for any unknown game before I consider buying it. A few angry rants here and there is normal but if you have the bulk of the natives restless that's a problem.

You know it's bad when you see a thread entitled "Random Frustrations Topic". ;)

I played the demo with no issues at all. It was fun, though I sucked at the game. It looks like the devs are trying to fix all the issues the game apparently has but maybe its best to wait for the summer sale :/

I'm still planning on buying MDV on the last day though :P

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#9364 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

My wife asked me this a few weeks ago. Along with do you buy digital games so she doesn't see them. Lol

You know, as sad as it is, there definitely is less guilt associated with adding to your Steam library as opposed to coming back from Half Price Books with 10 boxed PC games trying to explain what a great deal they were and how you will totally play them all.

#9365 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Painkiller 50%-75%

Public Service Announcement: Save yourself some money. This is the only one you want. The rest are cheap knockoffs.

I just talked myself out of impulse buying the rest of the Magicka DLC that I don't already own. Looks like I am missing some item packs, robes and LIC. Anything worth the purchase?

Magicka: Mega Villain Robes

Most of that other stuff is very very minor. Having said that, I did pick up the Mega Villain Robes this time around. Love me some villains.

I've been telling my wife that "Steam" is our water company.

And that they bill me twice a week.

Damn that's good. :applause:

76561197971332172.png

#9366 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

#9367 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I just talked myself out of impulse buying the rest of the Magicka DLC
Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack
Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack
Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack
Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack

Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes
Magicka: Mega Villain Robes

That's a good point, there are new robes I haven't picked up....

I also got a Darkness 2, which I would have never considered ordinarily, but y'all gave it some good reviews and I don't know what else I'll do with these Amazon EC coupons...

#9368 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Legend and Underworld are the most recent games from the series. If you aren't nostalgic I suggest only getting those two.

Anniversary came after Legend. Anniversary and Underworld are the two most recent, not including Guardian of Light.

#9369 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ugh, I just got burned for buying a console game and it got cheaper a week later. About a $10 difference since it was from Amazon and Amazon discounts their games a bit but still.

Thank god for Steam where with digital gaming (with any retailer such as Steam, GMG, Amazon), I don't have to worry about losing $10-15 a game because I buy games when they are $10 or less :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#9370 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

For those who still do not have it
70% off :bouncy:
http://www.getgamesg...-magic-crystals

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#9371 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Updated the Enhanced Steam Chrome plugin again. This time it will highlight all of the DLC in the game page that you own. Just in time for Magicka! Update to version 0.7!

Install Here

Posted Image

#9372 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

cheaper on steam, for the achievements: http://store.steampo....com/app/45100/

#9373 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I love that game, got it in a bundle and played the heck out of it

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#9374 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Anniversary came after Legend. Anniversary and Underworld are the two most recent, not including Guardian of Light.

Technically you are right, but since Anniversary is only renewed Tomb Raider I and the story from Legend is continued in Underworld, I consider those two as the most recent.

#9375 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I've been telling my wife that "Steam" is our water company.

And that they bill me twice a week.

I love this.

Also, I somehow never picked up KOTOR 2 on Steam, so that's my 2nd purchase of this sale so far. I decided to hold off on anything that looks like future Indie Bundle components (FTL, looking at you, bud).

#9376 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Would anyone recommend Tomb Raider if I love Uncharted. If so, which single game would you recommend out of a pack?

#9377 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

cheaper on steam, for the achievements: http://store.steampo....com/app/45100/

lol, didn't even look there, Getgamesgo had it in their email.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#9378 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Updated the Enhanced Steam Chrome plugin again. This time it will highlight all of the DLC in the game page that you own. Just in time for Magicka! Update to version 0.7!

Install Here

Wow this extension just keeps getting better. Thanks for continuing the work. I've always wanted something like this to keep track of what I already own, especially the DLC.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#9379 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Install Here

Posted Image

And this is exactly how I easily found the packs I did not own! Still haven't looked at my total $$$ spent though. :lol:

#9380 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Install Here

Is there an updating version for Firefox? I'm still on the original .1.

#9381 TheOffice

TheOffice

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

What are peoples opinion on LA Noire the complete edition? I have been tempted to purchase it for a while and just wanted to know if it is worth it or not.

#9382 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hmm... Unless the Dawn of War 1 stuff will come at 75% or there will be something else cheap & amazing, I think this sale is over for me.

SRT3 Complete: €7,50
Dawn of War GOTY: $1 from a fellow CAG
THQ Bundle for Darksiders & Red Faction Armageddon (traded for my spare HiB 3 key... did it for Darksiders though. I owned the rest except RFA)

And that's it... lol[FONT="]
[/FONT]

Edited by Therapy, 02 January 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#9383 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Well went ahead with Magical Drop V, and ran through the story mode twice with no issues, aside from my own being terrible at the game of course. Looking at that "Random Frustrations" thread, it looks mostly like cosmetic complaints, art style/portraits and complaints about some mechanics with arguable validity. As far as the few technical complaints I saw there, I had no slow down and the load times were as fast as I'd expect on a non-SSD and no crashes. I haven't tried any on-line play modes or anything but so far it works great for me and is a solid non-emulated Magical Drop game. Had more issues with Hotline Miami and Magic 2013 so far.

#9384 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Is there an updating version for Firefox? I'm still on the original .1.

Here is a copy of the 0.7 code:

http://pastebin.com/6RQsAnyX

If you're using Greasemonkey or Ninjakit, you should be able to open your existing script, and paste this over the top of it.

#9385 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

You know, as sad as it is, there definitely is less guilt associated with adding to your Steam library as opposed to coming back from Half Price Books with 10 boxed PC games trying to explain what a great deal they were and how you will totally play them all.

Get out of my head.

Spoiler

Someone should post a link to this man's wishlist.

What are peoples opinion on LA Noire the complete edition? I have been tempted to purchase it for a while and just wanted to know if it is worth it or not.

Writing and acting is great; gameplay is shaky (do not expect GTA); pace is slow; port is subpar (fps cap); facial animation is incredible; atmosphere and art direction outstanding.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9386 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Someone should post a link to this man's wishlist.

Speaking of wishlists, that's what I'm going to try to implement next. Rather than highlighting in green the games that you own, I'm going to try to highlight items in your wishlist with a different color. Purple maybe?

I'm also going to try to build an options page for the extension where you can set what color you want it to highlight as and an option to enable or disable the "total spent" portion. Firefox / Greasemonkey users will have to do this manually though, or install Chrome. :)

#9387 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Writing and acting is great; gameplay is shaky (do not expect GTA); pace is slow; port is subpar (fps cap); facial animation is incredible; atmosphere and art direction outstanding.

LA Noire was one of my favourite games I played in the last year. It's got significant flaws; the large open world is largely wasted, though incredible, initially the "lie" button was going to be called accuse, or something, so sometimes your character flies off the handle when you just want to point out you think people might be lying

BUT: The atmosphere, writing, animation, attention to detail and overall feel of solving crimes is fantastic.

I played it on PS3, so I can't comment on port issues.

#9388 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'd recommend a light/pastel blue for wishlist personally. Turning off total spent is also an option that I'm sure plenty of us would appreciate :lol:
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9389 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Would anyone recommend Tomb Raider if I love Uncharted. If so, which single game would you recommend out of a pack?

Speaking in terms of the more recent Tomb Raider games, IMO the old games haven't aged that well, and the movement will fell clunky and awkward.

It depends on what you enjoy out of Uncharted. Uncharted to me is much more about the action and story telling in some amazing environments. But the Tomb Raider games are much more about the exploration and puzzle solving, and maybe this is why they don't pull off well paced stories. Story is where most of the Tomb Raider games fall apart, IMO, and the shooting isn't as solid (but Uncharted would also be better if it had less shooting). I think the exploration and puzzle solving in the recent Tomb Raider games is more interesting than those elements in Uncharted, but Uncharted is still the better overall series. I would pick up Underworld, the most recent Tomb Raider game if I was going to get one of them, then maybe Legend or Anniversary. They refined a lot of the gameplay in Underworld.

#9390 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

That's funny, my wife doesn't like games on the shelf but it's only because of the space they take up. I don't think she realizes how many downloadable games I have, but money isn't a concern so she probably wouldn't care. She would probably ask if I can get all my games that way.