Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#9751 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'm really looking to get it, but maybe I'll wait till next big sale. I smell a bundle with it in the meantime.

Good luck with that, Carpe Fulgur didn't like the idea of bundle inclusions ever since they let Valve add Recettear to the Story pack. It's possible, but chances are low that Carpe Fulgur games will be in bundles.

#9752 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

oh balls

Forgot the GMG coupon expired today, was going to pick up the Fallen Enchantress DLC grrr

I heard that map DLC was lame and not worth it, if it makes you feel any better. I was pondering it but I kept reading from people over and over saying it wasn't worth it so I passed.

steam_sig.png

#9753 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

So from what I hear, it looks like Painkiller Hell & Damnation is a supershiny remake of the original Painkiller + Battle Out of Hell (- a few levels) ? I was working under the assumption that it was yet another brand new Painkiller title.

Anyway, if it's a shinier remake of the original then I'm thinking the $5 pricetag may be worth it for some good ol' fashioned FPS fun. Do any of you CAGs have thoughts on the matter?

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#9754 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Most people seem to say just stick with Painkiller Black. I'm content with just that at least.

#9755 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I want I Am Alive and Deadlight, but only at 75% off or less. Just shorter xbox live arcade games so I don't want to pay more than a few bucks for them.

#9756 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Good luck with that, Carpe Fulgur didn't like the idea of bundle inclusions ever since they let Valve add Recettear to the Story pack. It's possible, but chances are low that Carpe Fulgur games will be in bundles.

Nice to know. Never read any complaints from them about bundles.
Anyway, we'll have at least one numbered HIB before Summer Sale, maybe even two. I'm sure I wouldn't have time to play it, so I'm waiting.

#9757 Meowser

Meowser

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I can find no logical reason to not buy these game's I have not played but probably never will.

Posted Image
That's a lot of money. I always have a hard time with GOG because in general I feel they are way to expensive for 20 year old games.

Let me tell you a short story.

There is a guy on eBay called "AllVideo" who does nothing but sell older titles with a cheesy DosBox installer.

I bought a few games from him few years ago. To my amazement the games were replicated. So I complained to eBay. He refunded me.

I talked to a place that does replication from masters for educational titles and did Global Stars replications, actual creation of the CDROMS. I sent the CDROM off to them (Ultima Collection & X-Com). They told me I was right, they are in fact pirated.

Writeable CD's can be bought that look "silver" just like CD's that are out of the box per se and can be printed on. The printing they said appeared to be done with a high quality thermal printer.

I told eBay this. They asked for a statement from the replicator. So, they sent a statement. In fact, they sent it over and over. eBay refused to respond back to them. When I inquired again they said unless I am the VERO authorized person they will not act on it. I told them then just BUY one and send it out or have someone at eBay just heat or take a solvent and wipes off.

Wanted no part of it. Yet, best I can figure he makes between $3000-$5000 a month minimum and they do ZERO about it. I gave up which is exactly what eBay wanted me to do.

#9758 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

So from what I hear, it looks like Painkiller Hell & Damnation is a supershiny remake of the original Painkiller + Battle Out of Hell (- a few levels) ? I was working under the assumption that it was yet another brand new Painkiller title.

Anyway, if it's a shinier remake of the original then I'm thinking the $5 pricetag may be worth it for some good ol' fashioned FPS fun. Do any of you CAGs have thoughts on the matter?

Reviews say: it's missing like 20 levels (including missing the awesome final level). The AI is also very dull/bad. Yes, it's shinier (UT3). Advice is still stick with Painkiller Black Edition.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9759 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I heard that map DLC was lame and not worth it, if it makes you feel any better. I was pondering it but I kept reading from people over and over saying it wasn't worth it so I passed.

Yeah I heard it was so so, but I love giant ass maps. I play my games till I own the entire map and have tons of cities lol.

#9760 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Let me tell you a short story.

There is a guy on eBay called "AllVideo" who does nothing but sell older titles with a cheesy DosBox installer.

I bought a few games from him few years ago. To my amazement the games were replicated. So I complained to eBay. He refunded me.

I talked to a place that does replication from masters for educational titles and did Global Stars replications, actual creation of the CDROMS. I sent the CDROM off to them (Ultima Collection & X-Com). They told me I was right, they are in fact pirated.

Writeable CD's can be bought that look "silver" just like CD's that are out of the box per se and can be printed on. The printing they said appeared to be done with a high quality thermal printer.

I told eBay this. They asked for a statement from the replicator. So, they sent a statement. In fact, they sent it over and over. eBay refused to respond back to them. When I inquired again they said unless I am the VERO authorized person they will not act on it. I told them then just BUY one and send it out or have someone at eBay just heat or take a solvent and wipes off.

Wanted no part of it. Yet, best I can figure he makes between $3000-$5000 a month minimum and they do ZERO about it. I gave up which is exactly what eBay wanted me to do.

What about, like, contacting the FBI or whichever agency is the one that puts all those "Don't copy that floppy" messages on every home movie rental.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9761 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Derpy sales fit this derpy winter.

#9762 Lazy_Bum

Lazy_Bum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm thinking of modding oblivion and I was wondering if the community could help me out and give me and idea of where I should begin and what mods if any are essential?
dieboltdesigns.wordpress.com

#9763 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Dammit, Steam! Stop redoing deals and give me Little Inferno already!

#9764 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm thinking of modding oblivion and I was wondering if the community could help me out and give me and idea of where I should begin and what mods if any are essential?

http://morroblivion.com/
http://www.overclock...nd-and-oblivion

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#9765 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

THIS.

Also really hoping we see Iron Brigade as a flash.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#9766 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

THIS.

Also really hoping we see Iron Brigade as a flash.

Ditto on that. Just waiting for that 4 pack price to double dip. Rather play it on PC than on my 360.

76561198014930049.png

#9767 rirath

rirath

Man, I was around when Hotline went free - but was debating if I wanted to use my coupon on that or Mass Effect 3, then missed it. Oh well...

Picked up Gamemaker Studio: Standard while it was on the flash sale. Pro's ability add various output plugins is nice for growth, but just being able to output to Windows is a good start. If I end up really liking the software and wanting more export options, I won't consider the $17 a large loss if I need to rebuy Pro and a plugin or two some day.

Also picked up RPG Maker VX Ace earlier in the sale; these software deals have actually been some of the most exciting deals on Steam this year for me. Titles I think I'd like to mess around with, but wouldn't want to pay full price. Almost bought Artrage too, mostly for the interface, but I've got plenty of art tools. Just nice to see some creative software instead of just another game. Really happy Steam gave this a go.

Now if only we could see a Humble Software Bundle or something. :)

#9768 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

I Am Alive.. is alright. Good setting, decent story. Fairly short (6-8 hours). Ending kinda stunk. I hated the endurance/stamina mechanic and actually DL'ed a trainer/cheat to turn it off (which is something I never do). Basically I spent 45 minutes climbing a building and got stuck up there because I had no food to replenish stamina. Didn't feel like redoing all that, grabbed a cheat - enjoyed the game a lot more from there on out.

Edited by glennfrank, 03 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#9769 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I want Walking Dead back to $12.50

#9770 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think I just got ANOTHER DotA2 gift. Is there anyone out there still looking for these things?

#9771 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Man, I was around when Hotline went free - but was debating if I wanted to use my coupon on that or Mass Effect 3, then missed it. Oh well...

Spoiler

Just use your coupon on whatever you'd buy at that price, then it's just a straight up $5 savings. Hotline Miami hasn't dropped less than $5 and it's a great game (and unlike anything in recent memory).

#9772 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Do I remember correctly that last summer Steam did away with the recap day? In other words, is tomorrow likely to be new deals or recaps?

#9773 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

The entire sale has been recaps. The flashes and votes make it so there's no need for a recap day anymore because most stuff has been repeated multiple times already.

#9774 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Do I remember correctly that last summer Steam did away with the recap day? In other words, is tomorrow likely to be new deals or recaps?

Every day feels like it's been a recap, but yeah, pretty sure there wasn't a full recap day in the summer.

edit: ninja zing'd!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9775 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I hope new deals, and 1/5 is a recap.

OR

1/4 and 1/5 have new deals, and 1/6 is a recap :D

Either way I want FC3 back on sale.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#9776 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

The entire sale has been recaps. The flashes and votes make it so there's no need for a recap day anymore because most stuff has been repeated multiple times already.

Yep, now that we have 3 different places to pick up all the deals AND dailies are actually 48 hours now there's no reason to have a recap day. AND steam even emailed me when a game in my wishlist was a flash deal. So, there's no reason to have missed a deal that was offered. (unless it was a voted on deal that didn't get enough votes....)

I hope new deals, and 1/5 is a recap.

OR

1/4 and 1/5 have new deals, and 1/6 is a recap :D

Either way I want FC3 back on sale.

It says through 1/5 because deals update in the middle of the day. So tomorrow will be our last new set of dailies. With all the rest of the deals set to end around midday on 1/5.

#9777 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

This sale ended a long time ago for me. It's been pretty lackluster from the get go, but there have still been a few gems here and there. I didn't get much from Steam, but I'm still happy with what I did pick up.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9778 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I bought that on the Wii U* ... I don't know why I had so much fun with it. There really isn't that much to it ... at all. I don't know I just couldn't stop burning things! Over and over again ... all day ... burning things ... over and over again. :hot:

*Nintendo made me in order to activate the Deluxe Digital Promotion. :hot:

#9779 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Did anyone notice that the 2-pack of KRATER is already 75% off? So if you're waiting to pick that one up, might as well do it now with someone else. Comes out to $3.37 a piece. I'll be waiting for a bundle personally.

Speaking of bundles, I wish games that have previously appeared in bundles would be exempt from appearing in the dailies. Flash sales or community votes is okay, but I'm tired of seeing the daily deals full of games that people have likely gotten cheap either from some other site or in a bundle.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9780 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think I just got ANOTHER DotA2 gift. Is there anyone out there still looking for these things?

If nobody else bites, I've been wanting to try it but do not have it yet.