Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10021 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Wasn't Guns of Icarus in a bundle?

Spoiler

thx for skyram
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#10022 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Every time I think of racing games somehow I think of Asheskitty now.

I swear of all my Steam friends you probably own the most. Well maybe AnarchyOblivion but that's kind of a given.

^_^ Zoom zoom!

@Motoki
But, Asheskitty doesn't have Test Drive Unlimited 2 on Steam... ;)

@Ashes
Do you have TDU2 outside of Steam?
Also, how's Ridge Racer Unbounded? Any thoughts on it yet?

Well, some quite negative reviews had turned me off to TDU1&2 (including lousy vehicle handling physics) until I decided to give it shot due to recommendations on CAG (mostly/only you I think). But since then it hasn't gotten back down to $5 on steam. Amazon ran TDU2 @ $5 once but I was expecting it's regular appearance on the steam Winter sale. Grr. At this point I might just pick up it up next time it hits $5 on Amazon. There has been very little love for racers this winter sale. I hope it hits Gabe right in the financials.

I have more NFS games off steam than on Steam. Also GRID (non-steam), and Split/Second (Disney, never on Steam). Re-bought Burnout Paradise on Steam. Don't even get started on my PS2 collection...

I'll post more thoughts when I get some time with Ridge Racer. I only played the demo for like 20 min (to verify it wasn't crap) before buying it. As I said kinda interesting, inspired by BP & SS. It wasn't easy at all, two or three full first race attempts only netted me with 9th place. (That's a good thing. I like challenging.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10023 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Don't they usually go through Sunday and end Monday at 1:00 EST?

Looks like this one ends on Saturday, right?

Yeah it's a strange ending time.

#10024 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Already have it on consoles so it's irr-elephant. But Rocksmith is 37 bucks in NZ :/

#10025 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

i would guess it ends saturday 1pm eastern

#10026 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Unvarnished opinion time: Little inferno is crap. Don't buy it... ever. It's a not-so-2-deep-4-u morality play about how you shouldn't waste time playing video games (irony, no?). Bundle fodder.

God, that sounds horrible. I just might boycott whatever bundle that turd ends up in.

Spoiler

#10027 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Holy crap, deals we haven't seen before!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10028 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Just finished Spec Ops. Well worth the $5. It's a little odd doing a story about the horrors of war and then require that you kill literally hundreds of people, but hey.

That's exactly the point - by having the player DO all these HORRIBLE acts, the player FEEL HORRIBLE about it and actually thinks about everything.

Then let's just throw on top of it the entire deconstruction of the military shooter genre and Walker's on-going issues...
Spoiler

...Yeah, I think you get the point.

#10029 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Freaky. Grimlock went from 75% off to 50% for a few minutes for me. Back to 75% now.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#10030 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Waited so long for Rocksmith and the dlc doesn't drop :(
Anyone recommend I am alive?

Same here. I'm kinda stunned.

#10031 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Wasn't Guns of Icarus in a bundle?

Spoiler

Be Mine 4. Groupees aren't good with communicate.

#10032 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Guns of Icarus and Guns of Icarus Online are different games. The former was the one bundled.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10033 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Well, some quite negative reviews had turned me off to TDU1&2 (including lousy vehicle handling physics) until I decided to give it shot due to recommendations on CAG (mostly/only you I think). But since then it hasn't gotten back down to $5 on steam. Amazon ran TDU2 @ $5 once but I was expecting it's regular appearance on the steam Winter sale. Grr. At this point I might just pick up it up next time it hits $5 on Amazon. There has been very little love for racers this winter sale. I hope it hits Gabe right in the financials.

I have more NFS games off steam than on Steam. Also GRID (non-steam), and Split/Second (Disney, never on Steam). Re-bought Burnout Paradise on Steam. Don't even get started on my PS2 collection...

I'll post more thoughts when I get some time with Ridge Racer. I only played the demo for like 20 min (to verify it wasn't crap) before buying it. As I said kinda interesting, inspired by BP & SS. It wasn't easy at all, two or three full first race attempts only netted me with 9th place. (That's a good thing. I like challenging.)

I own A LOT of racers.

I don't think that's all of 'em, but here's a bunch I own on the PC:

NFS: Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover, ProStreet, Hot Pursuit 2010, Shift 1, Shift 2, and The Run.
Test Drive Unlimited 2
GTR2
Blur
Split/Second
FUEL
GRID
DIRT 1 + 2
TOCA RACE Driver 3.
Midnight Club 2
Burnout: Paradise - TUB

#10034 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Quick question...is there a page on steam listing all the packs/bundles?

#10035 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Here: http://store.steampo...C&category1=996
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10036 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Quick question...is there a page on steam listing all the packs/bundles?

You can search by "packs".

#10037 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

How about Spec Ops the Line? Did you get that? Finished that 3 days ago and it's still on my mind.

The choices you make have an effect on you, and you alone, which is the case of most choices in life, whether I run down a random pedestrian or give a homeless man a sandwich isn't going to change the fate of the world, yet so often it does in games. You make a split second choice, sometimes a wrong one, and like the character you have to live with it as it instantly saves.

In the case of the big "decision", you do have a choice; you can do what needs to be done to continue the mission, or you can try and do it the conventional way (the game lets you do this) and inevitably you will fail before making a dent in the attacking force. You will fail, because in this situation of stacked odds, there really is no alternative if you wish to proceed, as much as his squad mate (and you the player) may cling to the belief in the contrary.

There is also an option C, HUGE SPOILER

Spoiler

Anyway, if one has finished the game and wants to read more about the genesis of the game, and lots of little touches which are there that you might not notice, start with this and if you want more there is a list of more material here.

Thanks for the links! I've read one of them before, but it's always enjoyable to see a little more into stories where an obviously large amount of thought and effort went toward. I did enjoy Spec Ops' story, though I suppose the word "enjoy" may not be the most appropriate given the context. I thought the writers had a vision for the game, and surprisingly they were given the means and the funding to see it through. Although the gameplay mechanics are a bit lackluster (I don't really like playing FPS games in general), it's probably the only FPS I'd recommend to my friends. I know someone else earlier compared it to Max Payne 3, but I thought the story had much more scope and ambition than MP3's ever did.

Anyway, good stuff. I heard Hotline Miami has a pretty similar vision in some ways too, albeit more subtle.
Posted Image

#10038 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I confused Guns of Icarus Online with Air Buccaneers, which was a Greenlight title that came out in early December.

Also, can't decide if I should use one or both of my $5 amazon coupons on Darkness2, Spec Ops or both. Want both but also kind of want to see what other EC2012 titles on on sale this month.

#10039 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Just catching up with the thread...

These were all flash sales:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $4.99 75% off
Need for Speed Undercover $2.49 75% off
Need for Speed Shift $4.99 75% off

Well that sale sure disappeared in a flash! It would be nice if they went on sale again to make up for the early finish the first time.

Only a CAG would people get outraged over the 9% difference between 66 and 75 percents. ;)

Because a CAG would realize that the difference in the final price between those two discounts is 36%, worth a bit of outrage surely!

#10040 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'd get GuitarSmith, just need a guitar. Probably a pretty fun way to learn.

#10041 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Guns of Icarus and Guns of Icarus Online are different games. The former was the one bundled.

They were both in Be Mine 4. Oldschool was in the basic bundle, If you beat the average you received the beta for Online, but not the final product.

That's exactly the point - by having the player DO all these HORRIBLE acts, the player FEEL HORRIBLE about it and actually thinks about everything.

Then let's just throw on top of it the entire deconstruction of the military shooter genre and Walker's on-going issues...

Spoiler

...Yeah, I think you get the point.

Despite not being a shooter fan, you're making me think that I'd like to play this game...

#10042 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Looking for some RPGs or cheap games. Any recommendations on Sacred 2 Gold or Drakensang?
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#10043 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

I own A LOT of racers.

I don't think that's all of 'em, but here's a bunch I own on the PC:

NFS: Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover, ProStreet, Hot Pursuit 2010, Shift 1, Shift 2, and The Run.
Test Drive Unlimited 2
GTR2
Blur
Split/Second
FUEL
GRID
DIRT 1 + 2
TOCA RACE Driver 3.
Midnight Club 2
Burnout: Paradise - TUB

NFS: Underground 1 (PS2), Underground 2 (PS2 & PC), Most Wanted (PS2 & PC), Carbon, ProStreet, Undercover, Shift 1, Hot Pursuit, Shift 2, The Run.
Dirt 1, 2, 3
GRID
RACE07: (all expansions, from the Summer's RACE On bundle)
RACE : WTCC, Caterham
GTR Evo
GT Legends
Xpand Rally Extreme
Mad Riders
GTR2
Blur
Split/Second
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Crash Time 1, 2, 3 (as well as Alarm for Cobra 11 Nitro)
Driver: Parallel Lines, San Fransisco
Flatout 1, UC, 2
Midnight Club 2 (PS2 & PC) ...I swore I had MC3, but I'm not seeing it on my shelf
Gran Turismo (PS2): 3, 4, Tourist Trophy
Burnout (PS2): 1, 2 Point of Impact, 3 Takedown, Revenge, Dominator
Burnout: Paradise (Retail & Steam)

I'm omitting anything from the last century.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10044 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Is this where the epeen flexing contest is being held? Is it too late to join in?

#10045 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

So RACE 07 for $1.20, yea or nay?

#10046 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Looking for some RPGs or cheap games. Any recommendations on Sacred 2 Gold or Drakensang?

Got the Breath of Death and Cthulu Pack?

#10047 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Ooo, Little Inferno on sale. Mighty tempting!

#10048 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

So RACE 07 for $1.20, yea or nay?

Definitely give it a try at that price. It's a racing simulator not an arcade racer, it'll feel slower, braking is as important as IRL (as is traction management). And the AA/AFoptions are broken (I had to force from the Nvidia panel) -- road markings were looking pretty bad w/o AF.

#10049 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Any CAG'ers do any multi-player for magica? Heard that is where the meat of that game is at.

#10050 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Seve - you message me? what's up? I haven't actually been up on Steam lately lol

chapnis - nice avy.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4