Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#991 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I wonder how many "a game on your wishlist is on sale" emails I will get at 1pm?

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to turn this off the other day when it was mentioned, but got distracted. Did it now.

#992 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Important new thread discussion in the BGCQ, folks.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#993 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

In the reviews for Pint Size, someone said they called Amazon and they said that it is Paradox that decides whats in the packs.

That's true but Amazon can give input and make suggestions. The Pint Sized pack came along in the first place because some people bought an earlier less comprehensive pack that included a lot of the same games and the bigger Plethora (I think) pack and complained so Tony suggested it to Paradox as sort of a supplemental for those who already had the earlier pack.

#994 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to turn this off the other day when it was mentioned, but got distracted. Did it now.

You can only do this in the client, right? I'm out and won't be home again for hours. I'm guessing my box will be flooded. :P

#995 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

So less than 20 minutes now?

#996 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

You can only do this in the client, right? I'm out and won't be home again for hours. I'm guessing my box will be flooded. :P

You can do this from the web. Select "Account Details", then "Configure Your Email Preferences"

#997 richyanks

richyanks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I wanna buy Hinterland today but dont have the money

#998 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Steam says I have 728 games. Anyone know how many total games are on Steam?

I thought, "Hot damn, that's a lot of games!" But then I checked Steam and it says I have 734. I don't think there's a true way to tell how many what with all the bundle keys and serials for games that have been removed. I've seen a user with over 6,000 games before.

I'm loading up stuff in my cart for a sale initiation glitch. Hoping some of these coupons that are still active will stack...

#999 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Why so exclusive? =\

#1000 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I thought, "Hot damn, that's a lot of games!" But then I checked Steam and it says I have 734. I don't think there's a true way to tell how many what with all the bundle keys and serials for games that have been removed. I've seen a user with over 6,000 games before.

I'm loading up stuff in my cart for a sale initiation glitch. Hoping some of these coupons that are still active will stack...

Mine says "318 Games" until you click on it then go to the "All Games" section and it says I have 187.

#1001 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, total games differs greatly between games owned and DLC - the larger the library, the larger the spread. I have 1155 actual games and 1998 in total.

#1002 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Mine says "318 Games" until you click on it then go to the "All Games" section and it says I have 187.

Yeah I've noticed this too. In my profile it says "Games (986)" but when I go to "All games" I have 728. I think the rest are because Steam identifies every user as "owning" all of the Free-To-Play games.

Yeah, total games differs greatly between games owned and DLC - the larger the library, the larger the spread. I have 1155 actual games and 1998 in total.

Ahh you're probably right. :)

#1003 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

10 minutes, people! Get ready for the lag of a lifetime!

#1004 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Troll

#1005 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Because of that difference, I briefly thought I had just passed the 300+ mark for games owned, but I actually only own 186. It's that damn Dungeon Defenders DLC! Oh and Magicka's. And with this sale, I'm hoping to artificially inflate my game count even further with some SR3 DLC :P

#1006 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

WOW that is a lot of games lol I think i'm doing pretty good considering I started Steam shopping in July of this year.

#1007 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

I want to give everyone one last :grouphug:.

I don't know what will happen in 9 minutes but I am ready.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1008 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Because of that difference, I briefly thought I had just passed the 300+ mark for games owned, but I actually only own 186. It's that damn Dungeon Defenders DLC! Oh and Magicka's. And with this sale, I'm hoping to artificially inflate my game count even further with some SR3 DLC :P

All versions of Magic: The Gathering with Foil Conversions and extra shit added 100+ "games" to my library.

#1009 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Been waiting all year for this. I hope Fallout GOTY, and the Capcom DLC is on sale again.

#1010 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

its been interesting just refreshing the main Store page and watching the number of logged in Users grow like rabbits
Posted Image

#1011 ozl

ozl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Where is my Winter Sale? ¬¬

#1012 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

I feel like I'm missing out of something, but I don't know what. :-(

#1013 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

I will pray for everyone's wallets.

#1014 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

The Mayan apocalypse is actually the beginning of the Steam sale. First, the servers blow, which begins a chain reaction across the entire networked world. Soon, we're all dead.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1015 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

A source inside Valve just leaked today's deal to me. It's everything. Everything will be on sale. Except Kingdoms of Amalur.

#1016 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Been waiting all year for this. I hope Fallout GOTY, and the Capcom DLC is on sale again.

Yeah the Capcom stuff is mostly what I'm after this sale if any hits 75% off. Also after Towns, Doctor Who, and a few of the Lego games.

#1017 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

A source inside Valve just leaked today's deal to me. It's everything. Everything will be on sale. Except Kingdoms of Amalur.

:applause:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#1018 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

They're saving that for a Daily Deal 80% off the day after the sale ends.

#1019 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

The sale is almost upon us!

Posted Image

#1020 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

4 minytes left
Will be picking up some stuff but holding off on terraria and Dungeons of Dredmor JUST incase they are added to the new humble bundle next week.