Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10231 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

From a press release:

January 4, 2013 - Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).

#10232 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's 80 percent off. If a game is 75 percent off and over a decade old, you can generally just view it as a two week long daily deal.

#10233 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

For anyone looking for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition it is 75% off at gamersgate today.

Just the regular version is 75% off. The Ultimate Edition looks like only 20% off.

#10234 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Not much to the "complete edition" though. The only DLC to ever come out for the game was a costume/weapon pack that cost like $2.

The complete edition comes with the first game as well.

#10235 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

From a press release:

January 4, 2013 - Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).

So essentially they'll be rerunning the same sales they've been running over and over during the last two weeks?

I guess that's good if you missed the one-off flash deals.

#10236 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Is this it?

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3032613

Yep, thanks. Uh, actually, they have some games on that list with metacritic scores as low as 35. Hidden gems?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10237 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Not much to the "complete edition" though. The only DLC to ever come out for the game was a costume/weapon pack that cost like $2.

And the original American McGee's Alice.
Posted Image

#10238 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

From a press release:

So that means a weekend of repeats, huh? Maybe I'll get another crack at the Dead Space bundle. I'm assuming Recettear won't be a "most sought-after title".

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10239 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Well, picked up Ignite, I think I am done. Betting on a weekend sale on the Fallout series this weekend.

#10240 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Is this it?

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3032613

This thread is legit. It has Bad Rats and Vegas Make It Big as gems :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10241 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Having just met and heard Chris Huelsbeck talk about the music for Giana Sisters (and his career in general) throwing the game my vote (despite already owning it) because he's awesome and more people should be aware that he's awesome. Told me he hopes that one day Turrican can get rebooted in much the same way Giana Sisters has and that would be pretty sweet. So yeah, a vote for Giana Sisters could maybe also be a vote for Turrican in a certain round about stretchy sort of way.

#10242 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Was I the only person to be a bit dissapointed with the Crysis sale? When I saw Crysis Franchise -75% $9.99 I thought "oh yeah, Ill bite at $10 for the series" only to find out that's just for crysis 2.

#10243 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well here's the big news.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Encore weekend

#10244 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

From a press release:

That explains the 48 hour timer for today's deals then so hopes of new deals are dashed. Thanks for that information!

#10245 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Everyone asking for what was on sale previously should take a look at KaOTiK's generous Anandtech thread.

Thanks for this. Doesn't look like I missed anything I really wanted. Only picked up the DoW Franchise pack.

Still waiting for Freedom Pack to be 75% off.

#10246 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I wonder if all the other games that are not encores will remain discounted until the 7th as well.

#10247 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well here's the big news.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Encore weekend

Translation - they missed their sales projections.

#10248 Nimrod4431

Nimrod4431

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Was I the only person to be a bit dissapointed with the Crysis sale? When I saw Crysis Franchise -75% $9.99 I thought "oh yeah, Ill bite at $10 for the series" only to find out that's just for crysis 2.

Same thing happened to me. What a joke.

#10249 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just the regular version is 75% off. The Ultimate Edition looks like only 20% off.

balls, I swore it was the UE. Gamersgate is screwing with me I say!

#10250 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Total tally:

Sine Mora
Far Cry 3
L.A. Noire
FTL
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Castle Crashers
Hotline Miami
Scribblenauts Unlimited
CS: GO
Rage
Dishonored

sale was a bit underwhelming, since I got half of the games outside of Steam, but satisfied.

666277.png

#10251 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

This thread is legit. It has Bad Rats and Vegas Make It Big as gems :lol:.

Indeed, thanks for the link. I picked up Silverfall Gold and Ignite and added Defender's Quest to wishlist in case it drops to 75% off.

Still on the fence about Runespell Overture and Elven Legacy pack.

#10252 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Translation - they missed their sales projections.

I certainly hope so. My theory is this sale was an experiment to gather data hoping it would work. Hopefully the sales were lower and the experiment is considered a failure so they go back to better sales.

#10253 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

To me, it seems clear that they had this planned -- which explains the sale not being scheduled to run through the weekend.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10254 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1, which adds the long-worked-on options page to the extension, where you can set which colors you want for highlighting games, as well as enabling / disabling the "Total spent" tally on your account page.

Posted Image

The settings use the Google Chrome Storage Sync API, so if you have multiple browsers signed in at multiple locations, your preferences should sync to all of your clients.

Now to add more features! :)

#10255 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1Now to add more features! :)

I just tried installing this for the first time and after clicking the "add to chrome." (and clicking okay) The yellow warning banner says "Manifest File is Invalid" [okay].

Edit: worked on the 4th try. Maybe I tried installing before the files propagated fully.

Edit2: Looking good =)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10256 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I just tried installing this for the first time and after clicking the "add to chrome." (and clicking okay) The yellow warning banner says "Manifest File is Invalid" [okay].

Edit: worked on the 4th try. Maybe I tried installing before the files propagated fully.

Okay good to know it's working now. Chrome can sometimes be a little wonky with it's webstore, sometimes just shutting the browser down completely and opening it back up works. :D

#10257 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

It's a great game. I'd easily recommend it. CAG Duty: it's been cheaper on GMG. (I paid $13.60 in Nov, it was much cheaper recently). I still think it's well worth it at the current price.

Thanks for the info. I would rather pay a few bucks more and use my steam credit then wait and use gmg or another site to get 3 dollars of and have to pay cash.
Posted Image

#10258 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1, which adds the long-worked-on options page to the extension, where you can set which colors you want for highlighting games, as well as enabling / disabling the "Total spent" tally on your account page.

Spoiler

The settings use the Google Chrome Storage Sync API, so if you have multiple browsers signed in at multiple locations, your preferences should sync to all of your clients.

Schweet!

#10259 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Spoiler

Now to add an updated version of the Greasemonkey script* =[

Nah, just kidding. Damn those limitations. =/

I'll never switch over to Chrome, though. I can't stand it.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#10260 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Now to add an updated version of the Greasemonkey script* =[

Nah, just kidding. Damn those limitations. =/

I'll never switch over to Chrome, though. I can't stand it.

Where's Motoki at with his DO IT!!!!! video???