Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10651 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Is this the only thing missing from Civ 5 GOTY + Gods and Kings?

http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

supposedly YES
that is what i bought and am under the impression i have everything

#10652 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Also, is the Witcher 2 worth it at $7.50? I have a big backlog so I won't get to it right away, could wait if needed.

supposedly YES
that is what i bought and am under the impression i have everything

Alright, thanks!

#10653 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I came oh so close to pulling the trigger on Evochron Mercenary. In the end, I passed on it because I'm want to wait until there is a base price drop before I buy. With all this hubbub over the keys though, I'm glad cheapness made me wait.

Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Sacred 2 situation on you.

The developer has been great about it and is even handing out keys for the direct download version from their website. (I'm sure that their internal keys cost them nothing but I don't want to take from them over Valve's screw-up kinda thing)
sudo mklove

#10654 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Also, is the Witcher 2 worth it at $7.50? I have a big backlog so I won't get to it right away, could wait if needed.

definitely worth it
deserves to be moved up the backlog

#10655 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Alright, thanks!

Considering the age of the first one and it goes on sale for 2.50$. You may be able to wait for a larger discount. Though Personally I felt that 7.50$ was a great price and I bought it at that price directly through GOG a week ago or so.

#10656 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to those who recommended I get "To the Moon." I finished it last night and it was really excellent. Such a good story.

#10657 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I wanna play World in Conflict... does anyone think it will ever get cheaper? I don't think I have ever seen it at $5.

For what it's worth I bought it at it's current price during the summer sale and had a blast with it. Put 20 hours into it and it was worth every penny to me.

#10658 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Today is the last day? I didn't even buy one thing! I got a Shank 2 code from humble bundle off someone, that's it.

#10659 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Considering the age of the first one and it goes on sale for 2.50$. You may be able to wait for a larger discount. Though Personally I felt that 7.50$ was a great price and I bought it at that price directly through GOG a week ago or so.

a big reason for the huge discount on the first is the fact that there is a second
and it will likely be a LONG time until witcher 3

#10660 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Alright, you knew/feared that it was coming. It's "post your haul" time.

Spoiler

I'm not going to bother doing the math on it. There's also some incidental $1-$2.50 purchases I made while randomly gifting people cheap stuff off their Steam wishlists that I didn't bother to track.

#10661 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Today is the last day? I didn't even buy one thing! I got a Shank 2 code from humble bundle off someone, that's it.

Yes it's the last day, well really last hour now.

There will be a 'best of' sale today and tomorrow but no one is exactly sure which games will be on it so if you aren't sure, or want something that wasn't a flash or daily you better get it ASAP.

steam_sig.png

#10662 n0id

n0id

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on cladun x2?

I've wanted it since it released on steam, but the lowest its been is 11.99.

Is the game good? worth $12?

#10663 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on cladun x2?

I've wanted it since it released on steam, but the lowest its been is 11.99.

Is the game good? worth $12?

Good game. They are overcharging though. On sale it should really be ~6$ at the most IMO. Though considering regular Japanese prices for games in general. They probably think 12$ is a GREAT deal! /sarcasm.

#10664 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

You guys basically DDoSed Jakenome

NO ONE PM PM PLEASE.
Im not taking any more orders.
I gotta fulfill all the current orders first.
If I didnt respond to your pm, sorry. It means I cant take your order yet.

So much for those Strategy First and Simulation Gaming packs for me. Not like I need MOAR GAMZ anyway. :-P

steam_sig.png

#10665 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Purchased it awhile back.

Haven't finished it yet, but what I've played I've enjoyed.

Enjoy the creepy atmosphere...

Wow...just searching for something interesting to buy on the last day, I came across this!

http://store.steampo...esFilteredDLC_7

The Dream Machine! It's a point-and-click adventure game that brings so many awesome memories of The Neverhood back in the day. The best buy seems to be all 5 Chapters for $5.99...note only Chapters 1-3 are currently released.

#10666 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Good game. They are overcharging though. On sale it should really be ~6$ at the most IMO. Though considering regular Japanese prices for games in general. They probably think 12$ is a GREAT deal! /sarcasm.

From the Steam community Forum

Why is this game 20 bucks?

They misplaced a decimal.

:rofl:

steam_sig.png

#10667 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Not sure whether to grab Battlefront 2 and Republic Commando at 50% or wait and hope Disney doesn't pull them before the summer sale

fs_overall.png

#10668 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Well, since sale is about to end I just did my last minute purchases and here's my haul:

Coconut Queen (just had to...)
Dead Pixels
Hack, Slash, Loot
NBA 2K13
From Dust
Castle Crashers
The Sims Medieval
A Valley Without Wind
Dynamite Jack
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Civilizations V Gods and Kings
Thirty Flights of Loving
FTL: Faster Than Light Retail
Devil May Cry 4 comp
Football Manager 2013
Tropico 4
Tropico 4: Modern Times
Borderlands 2 Game and Mechromancer Pack DLC WW
Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Lord of the Rings Retail
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
XCOM: Enemy Unknown WorldWide
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

I wasn't planning on spending any money D:

Still thinking about Thomas was Alone and probably going to bite on TWD on amazon, but yeah, I need this spending to be over, no idea when I'm gonna play all this

fs_pc.png

#10669 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Haha. Oh no. Poor guy.

BTW - which game was it in the Strategy First pack that was compared to Animal Crossing?

#10670 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Haha. Oh no. Poor guy.

BTW - which game was it in the Strategy First pack that was compared to Animal Crossing?

Wandering Willows.

#10671 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Haha. Oh no. Poor guy.

Wandering Willows. That's 80% of the reason why I want that pack. It's $15 and never goes on sale. :-P

steam_sig.png

#10672 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Holiday Haul:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#10673 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

https://chrome.googl...mbecghcbfknbfhg

Also in my sig...

Just installed this ... man, Steam could really benefit from implementing some of these features.

ach.png

#10674 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Last minute question - Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection is 50% off at $9.99 for five games. Are they worth the price? Has the pack been cheaper?

#10675 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Pack has been cheaper I think. But for the Price, HOLY SHIT YES. The games are worth it IMO.

Jedi Knight II alone is worth 10$ (to me at least)

Just so you know though, Dark Forces II doesn't include the redbook audio in the steam version(Typical of older game releases) there is a thread that has a download for the CD images on the steam forums for it. So if you get it, make sure to get those CD images.

My last Steam purchases:
Thief™ Gold

|

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club

|

Dark Void™

|

Red Faction II

#10676 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Last minute question - Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection is 50% off at $9.99 for five games. Are they worth the price? Has the pack been cheaper?

It has been $5 a few times. See here:
http://www.steamgame...ight-collection

Probably not often enough if you really want to play it though.

ach.png

#10677 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

They are a little older graphicswise, but the Jedi Academy games are great. Dark Forces is one I would personally skip because it hasn't fared well. Outcast and Academy are top-notch for their age though. I picked it up for $10 a couple sales ago and it is well worth it. That said, I believe it was 75% off last winter sale.

fs_overall.png

#10678 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

It looks like Star Wars (LucasArts) in general went to 75% off during last years winter sale. I just picked up The Force Unleashed at 50% off however, as I don't have a warm and fuzzy about Disney dropping the prices anytime soon. (Let alone keeping them on Steam.)

#10679 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Just installed this ... man, Steam could really benefit from implementing some of these features.

With such a dedicated community I'd love to see a plugin API for the Steam client. I can envision all sorts of great features. Like this, a database of save locations so you could right click and sync with dropbox/skydrive/etc for non-cloud enabled games, notifications when a game you own gets new DLC, highlighting games in your wishlist in a common color if they belong to the same publisher/indie pack, etc.

#10680 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well, since sale is about to end I just did my last minute purchases and here's my haul:
A Valley Without Wind

Dammit, knew there was a 4-pack I forgot to get in on. One more purchase! (I think that's the Sale equivalent of One more turn)

Holiday Haul:

STEAM
You Need a Budget 4 (yes, thanks Steam)

Good man, I feel better not being the only one that picked this up.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus