Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10681 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

i can't get that steam sales site to work (i tried the replacing the numbers in the url thing)
can someone check the sale history for brothers in arms hells highway/ the brothers in arms collection for me please?

#10682 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

The Gaming Gods are firing back at me. After buying loads and loads of games I finally set aside some time this weekend to get started on all of them. So I wake up, realize I'm 5 hours away from the 1st playoff game so I got really excited to play Hitman Absolution, so I turn on the computer and...

Computer fails out of no where, power supply is broken.

http://t2.gstatic.co..._pi-ST-E7yhA7bG

#10683 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just installed this ... man, Steam could really benefit from implementing some of these features.

I'm just glad people like the changes! :)

#10684 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

The Gaming Gods are firing back at me. After buying loads and loads of games I finally set aside some time this weekend to get started on all of them. So I wake up, realize I'm 5 hours away from the 1st playoff game so I got really excited to play Hitman Absolution, so I turn on the computer and...

Hopefully it's just the power supply.

#10685 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

i can't get that steam sales site to work (i tried the replacing the numbers in the url thing)
can someone check the sale history for brothers in arms hells highway/ the brothers in arms collection for me please?

Brothers in Arms Pack
Lowest was $9.99 on two occasions. Last time it was $9.99 was on May 28 2011. $12.99 or $13.39 seems to be the sale prices over the past few years.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Lowest was $5 on two occasions. Last time it was $5 was on May 28 2011. $6.49 or $6.69 seems to be the sale prices over the past few years.

#10686 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

I feel your pain. I've had computers/components die on me during three Steam sales now. Last time was Summer Sale 2011 when going for the Hoard cheevo for tickets. That game runs hot, especially in July, and it was suddenly new power supply time, all along with the feeling that I'm racing the clock.

#10687 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

It looks like Star Wars (LucasArts) in general went to 75% off during last years winter sale. I just picked up The Force Unleashed at 50% off however, as I don't have a warm and fuzzy about Disney dropping the prices anytime soon. (Let alone keeping them on Steam.)

This is my concern too so I might just grab the bundle now ensuring that it will go down to 75% off before it is removed from Steam. :)

Thanks everyone for your responses to my question!

#10688 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

One of the things I'm wanting to add to the Enhanced Steam plugin (to follow with my love of color coding things) is highlighting games which you have coupons for.

#10689 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yes it's the last day, well really last hour now.

There will be a 'best of' sale today and tomorrow but no one is exactly sure which games will be on it so if you aren't sure, or want something that wasn't a flash or daily you better get it ASAP.

Greatest hits sale, so the sale isn't over today. I wanted Deadlight but I held off at 50% twice... maybe I should bite the bullet if it comes up again.

I felt this sale was really disappointing but like others it was probably mostly due to the fact that I already bought everything I wanted in prior sales. It could have been a great sale for people who are new to Steam, I don't know. A lot of the prices were worse than recent deals from Amazon and Greenman though.

#10690 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

It looks like Star Wars (LucasArts) in general went to 75% off during last years winter sale. I just picked up The Force Unleashed at 50% off however, as I don't have a warm and fuzzy about Disney dropping the prices anytime soon. (Let alone keeping them on Steam.)

Considering they still have Split Second on Amazon and it's on sale no less. I'm not worried.

Last I checked, Disney isn't out to play Nazi with the Star Wars brand. They certainly didn't do that with Marvel or any other brand they own did they?

#10691 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Gabe is going to troll everyone who bought Kingdoms of Amalur bundle at Amazon by making it Monday's daily.

#10692 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Also, is the Witcher 2 worth it at $7.50? I have a big backlog so I won't get to it right away, could wait if needed.

Alright, thanks!

Is it worth it? Absolutely. Will it be hit $2.50 to $5.00 during the next Summer/Thanksgiving/Holiday Sale? Almost guaranteed.

My vote: wait if you're definitely not gonna play it anytime soon.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#10693 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Brothers in Arms Pack
Lowest was $9.99 on two occasions. Last time it was $9.99 was on May 28 2011. $12.99 or $13.39 seems to be the sale prices over the past few years.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Lowest was $5 on two occasions. Last time it was $5 was on May 28 2011. $6.49 or $6.69 seems to be the sale prices over the past few years.

thank you
looks like i'll go ahead and grab the pack for $12.99

#10694 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Is it worth it? Absolutely. Will it be hit $2.50 to $5.00 during the next Summer/Thanksgiving/Holiday Sale? Almost guaranteed.

I'm fairly confident that Witcher 2 is going to be $7.50 on sale at best through this year. On the Steam storefront, anyway. It would take a change to the game's base price to get it lower and they seem to be doing pretty well as it is.

That said, I'm waiting. Still haven't played the original.

#10695 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Good man, I feel better not being the only one that picked this up.

It was my New Year's resolution to be more fiscally responsible, given the times and what not. I saw the demos and videos, saw 25% off and bought it and the phone app.

So far it's working. I decided to use savings and pay off my CC debt (was already almost there) and this allows me to better follow my spending. The free classes on the website are great, too.

I highly recommend it why it's still on sale. After two classes, I finally had everything sync'd. Felt good.
Posted Image

#10696 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm betting in future sales it'll be more like $7.50 for Witcher 2 + Witcher 1. I truly doubt it will get much lower then that.

#10697 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Dammit, knew there was a 4-pack I forgot to get in on. One more purchase! (I think that's the Sale equivalent of One more turn)

Sad thing is... I don't know what the game is about, I just saw the 4pack and went "sure, why not" so that's one of the clearer examples of me just spending money, I guess I should get that budget software as well D:

fs_pc.png

#10698 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Spent $0 in real money since I got Steam money from trade-ins:
Spoiler

I got all my big purchases from other retailers:
Spoiler

Overall, the Steam sale was disappointing because they couldn't match their own previous sale prices. The Star Wars games and Sonic Generations never hit 75% like they had in other sales. But the DoW pack was an incredible deal.

fs_overall.png

#10699 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Could be the publishers though for all we know.(Yes I know some stuff went for sale for less on other sites, but who knows how that all works. They could have specific deals or something IDK)

#10700 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Just noticed but - why exactly is this thread tagged "pokemans?"

#10701 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Gotta catch(buy) 'em all.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10702 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Gotta buy 'em all?

#10703 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

lol kinda makes sense. I guess if Steam games were Pokemon, the ultimate legendary would be Kingdoms of Amalur

#10704 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

as did i
(got it on amazon with an editor's choice coupon though)

What? How many other games work with the coupon than are on that list?

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B00A4MWX04

#10705 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

What? How many other games work with the coupon than are on that list?

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B00A4MWX04

All of them.

Prices have changed and will change throughout January. Price matching yields the best results. Max Payne 3 was $10, some of the bundles were $5, SpecOps $2.50, etc. The Walking Dead will be $7.50 with the price match (and is also scheduled for that deal on Sunday).

76561197971332172.png

#10706 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

lol kinda makes sense. I guess if Steam games were Pokemon, the ultimate legendary would be Kingdoms of Amalur

So all the lost games (James Bond franchise etc.) are those timed Pokemon events you only get over Wifi

fs_overall.png

#10707 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

alright steam update already

#10708 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

im really tempted to buy the collection for $80
im really worried it will get removed before it goes on sale

#10709 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Think the sale ended today there's no more updating I could be wrong tho

#10710 Cojack426

Cojack426

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Um...I just bought Sleeping Dogs for $4.50 at 91%. Anyone else just do that?