Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10981 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

wow
you should probably get in on 4-packs and get both
or chivalry i guess
do you want a multiplayer game that is different because it has melee combat or different because it is asymmetric?

No one is buying 4 packs, and I don't have enough $$$ to buy both.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#10982 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

It's using intellectual property that the creators don't have the rights to. Unequivocally no.

No doubt. Poor use of sarcasm on my part. :error:

Fuck yeah! (excitement, not greenlight)

...mind you I also enjoyed Arcana Heart.

I was thoroughly let down by Naughty Bear, so this title may fuel my childlike desire for destruction. Next we need a My Little Pony X Care Bears... 8-)

#10983 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Everytime I see Anno 2070 I die a little inside. I can put up with uplay, but not tages.

#10984 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

T@GES!? /me shivers

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#10985 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Everytime I see Anno 2070 I die a little inside. I can put up with uplay, but not tages.

i was extremely tempted to get it, but the 3 limit thing is out of the question. ive also read many reviews on metacritic about hot its not all that in depth or challenging once you get a few hours in

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#10986 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Is any of the Hitman:Abs DLC worth it?

#10987 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

T@GES!? /me shivers

i was extremely tempted to get it, but the 3 limit thing is out of the question. ive also read many reviews on metacritic about hot its not all that in depth or challenging once you get a few hours in

+3. I really want it but Tages with a 3 activation limit is just an absolute no unless it's $5 or less.

I did however buy the retail disc of Anno 1404 from Amazon recently. That game if you install the latest patch (retail only) on top of the game after you install but before you run it for the first time will deactivate the Tages and you can safely delete it.

I would have preferred to have it on Steam but for some reason that still makes no god damned sense to me Ubisoft refused to push an update to Steam for Dawn of Discovery (the NA title for Anno 1404) so Steam yanked it.

mdUFwSE.png

#10988 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

It's not even that. It's how much satisfaction and value you draw from owning the games, however many or few they may be. Some would say the pleasure you derive from playing them, but that's just crazy talk.

Can I use this as my sig? This is probably the funniest statement ever.

#10989 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

That's like four console games with tax.

I don't think that I've paid more than $30 on any single console game for at least 6 months and that's only because I didn't discover CAG until April.

#10990 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Be my guest. :D

Last time I was buying console games at release was in 2011 when KMart gave you a coupon for nearly half as much off the next one, every time. Since that changed, I've gone back to waiting for later sales and price cuts. Actually, I think I only bought new PC and handheld releases for all of 2012. The only console games were ones that had been out a while.

#10991 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Ahhh, the one time I'm not on when steam sale rolls over to the next, and I miss Sleeping Dogs.

Guardian_owl.png

#10992 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Last time I was buying console games at release was in 2011 when KMart gave you a coupon for nearly half as much off the next one, every time. Since that changed, I've gone back to waiting for later sales and price cuts.

That is why I wish that I had discovered CAG sooner.

#10993 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Last time I was buying console games at release was in 2011 when KMart gave you a coupon for nearly half as much off the next one, every time. Since that changed, I've gone back to waiting for later sales and price cuts. Actually, I think I only bought new PC and handheld releases for all of 2012. The only console games were ones that had been out a while.

I've bought several through BB and sold them back to BB after I beat them for a net lose of $0. As long as they keep doing these $20 pre-order bonuses I'll keep using them as a free rental service.

#10994 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Is any of the Hitman:Abs DLC worth it?

If you want to look like a straight boss, then public enemy is your friend.

#10995 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

zzZzz missed sleeping dogs dlc...I got it from a giveaway on release day so Im not that upset that I missed it :D Would have made nice gifts tho I guess...
Guess Im off to steamgifts...

edit: so I see reports of sleeping dogs stuff on steamgifts was highly exaggerated...
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#10996 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

You can set a price watch for it at that Camelcamelcamel link above. For some reason it shows Amazon DD as a 3rd party but it should still work if you do the price watch on it.

For whatever reason, all digital goods (including MP3s) now appear to be showing up as "3rd party new" prices on camelcamelcamel. I usually set identical alerts up on both 1st and 3rd party new prices just in case.

#10997 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Another Indie Royale should be going live in the next few days-week.

#10998 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Sorry but Indie Royale sucks

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#10999 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Bzzzzzzt. Wrong answer.

I didn't get Super Amazing Wagon Adventure from anywhere else.

#11000 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ever think those Steam sale glitches are on purpose for us die hards? I mean, Valve seems to routinely have their crap together. Maybe it's to keep people glued to their sale times... the more you sit in front of a Steam enabled device hitting F5, the more likely to buy?

I bought two copies of Sleepah Dawgs, one for me, one for a friend.

Still thinking of Chivalry... wish there was a demo!
Posted Image

#11001 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Just because it isn't as cheap as the rest doesn't mean it sucks. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11002 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Usually indie royale has one game that's I'm willing to pay for, like Analogue or To the moon, one random steam game, and and assorted random 2 others that I never actually play. But it has a nice presentation, and if the headliner is any good, I'll grab it, as it's similar to buying the main game on sale, but getting free extras too! so I'm interested.

though I have no idea what the replay bundle in kinda hinting at. repeats of old sales? Prince of persia? who knows?

#11003 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I don't necessarily disagree. I've yet to buy one, myself. Only two I would have jumped on were ones where I already owned the 'premier' game. I don't have much hope for the new one but... who knows.

#11004 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ah thanks! I only played like two hours of Dishonored (wasn't in patient/steath mood). Despite some great recent additions to my library, I'm still at bit tempted by Hitman:Ab @ $20. That helps me get in touch with my inner CAG more. =)

I may have said it previously, but my memory is questionable. I believe the best way to enjoy Dishonored is to go for the less than 20% kills. If you kill less than 20% of the people in the level, both guards and infected, your chaos will remain low. That leaves room for a few "Oh shit! Throat stab!" moments and still gives you a reason to attempt stealth whenever possible. The only real bonus to no detection (outside of personal satisfaction) is the achievement, and if you're going to do that one, you might as well go for the Blink Only one as well. So unless you're achievement hunting, I seriously advise choking out as many people as you can, and throat stabbing the few that you can't.

(Also, never forget to use possession, I can't tell you how many non-lethals I got because I could possess a dude and walk him out of my way... or into the clutches of a waiting ally...)

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#11005 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Usually indie royale has one game that's I'm willing to pay for, like Analogue or To the moon, one random steam game, and and assorted random 2 others that I never actually play. But it has a nice presentation, and if the headliner is any good, I'll grab it, as it's similar to buying the main game on sale, but getting free extras too! so I'm interested.

though I have no idea what the replay bundle in kinda hinting at. repeats of old sales? Prince of persia? who knows?

My guess is the revival of an old bundle (hence the wishlist feature in your IR collection page) or a compilation of games they've had in previous bundles. Either way, I'm not expecting something completely new.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#11006 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm pretty sure they will just rerun one of their past bundles. I hope it will be that one with Blackwell trilogy, because I missed it.

#11007 9Tale

9Tale

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Fuck I went to sleep without buying the Penny Arcade games!

#11008 FyreFlux

FyreFlux

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

is Rage any good? cant decide if i want to pick it up for 5 bucks.

#11009 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Ah, yeah. Rookie CAG mistake. Us vets know Steam is mainly for hording and using as a bargain hunting simulator. We're like dragons that way. We sit atop our massive horde of digital goods, constantly looking for new things to grow it, but to actually use it for anything other than looking pretty? Bah! Ridiculous!

QFT :applause:

Posted Image

Even the Steam mascots are amazed by today's ephemeral pricing error on Sleeping Dogs.

Hahah awesome!

Looks like everyone on my friends list got in on Sleeping Dogs and the DLC.

Same here :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11010 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'll probably get Hitman. Thanks for the advice!

Hitman: Absolution is pretty good, if you ask me.

I'm 20 hours into it or so.

But, let me warn fans - it is also NOT like previous Hitman games in many ways. If you are expecting Hitman 2: SA or Hitman: Blood Money, you're expecting the wrong kind of game. This game tries to be MORE than those. A LOT of new things here (missions are more mixed-up w/ some sandboxy and some linear types; a meter that you can fill by doing things that can give you skills like Mark & Execute like in SC: Conviction and see enemies through walls like Batman: AA + AC; leaderboard for your in-game score to be compared against your Steam Friends, The USA, and The World); and some things been removed (i.e. Notoriety system and earn money to upgrade equipment is gone in the SP Campaign; no globe-trotting around the globe here, since it's all in the USA).

At times, it IS A LOT like previous Hitman games (sandboxy missions w/ targets that you have numerous creative ways you kill them and you have to find your exit). Also, at times - it is NOT like Hitman games - i.e. it'll be much more linear and you basically need to just evade the cops or just exit the area.

The story, though - this is the best story I've seen in a Hitman game. Way more focused than ever before. And some of the characters are just awesome and great.