Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#11071 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Does anyone recommend any password managing software or methods? The talk in the Amazon thread freaked me out a bit. I saw a mac with a neat looking lockbox style interface, but I'm on a PC and function first of course.

I prefer LastPass since it does have the auto-login/autofill features as well as cloud storage, so I can access my passwords from anywhere I can log in to their website. There's also a mobile app you can use, but it costs a few bucks a year.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#11072 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

I prefer LastPass since it does have the auto-login/autofill features as well as cloud storage, so I can access my passwords from anywhere I can log in to their website. There's also a mobile app you can use, but it costs a few bucks a year.

I'll throw my recommendation behind LastPass as well. The premium to get the mobile app usage is like $12 a year I believe but totally worth it in my mind.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#11073 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

i'm a lastpass user myself. I had previously used passwordsafe, which was good, but basic, lacking the cloud storage and autofill feature found in the more plugin/app style password managers, like lastpass and keypass. and for mobile, if your screen is big enough, you can easily log into the webpage though your browser to get your passwords if you don't want to pay for the app.

#11074 Dravo

Dravo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

I use 1password myself the android app is lacking but the windows version is pretty sweet.

Way cheaper if you get it on Blackfriday or it's pretty pricey.

#11075 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Man, Hotline Miami is not an easy game. Incredibly fun and very trial-and-error, but it's rewarding when you do finally complete a level.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#11076 mombbsmj

mombbsmj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Ok, since I only have a few hours left to decide...The Witcher 1 & 2 or Dark Souls? I enjoy pretty much all types of RPG's. Any advice?

#11077 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Those Lenovo Ideapad deals I keep seeing crop up are making me want one, even though my refurb Asus is going strong.

I bought my Lenovo Y580 due to some of those deals around 4 months back. I quite like it and haven't had any serious issues with the computer while gaming or otherwise. There have been a couple random glitches like Steam Overlays not loading on some games that do function properly on an AMD graphics card, but I think that's just spotty support for notebooks because almost everything runs smoothly even on high/ultra (other than PhysX applications in games which lag a bit during the calculations).

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#11078 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Ok, since I only have a few hours left to decide...The Witcher 1 & 2 or Dark Souls? I enjoy pretty much all types of RPG's. Any advice?

Having played none of them yet, I'd say always buy two games instead of one, so Witcher 1&2 :D

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#11079 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Man, Hotline Miami is not an easy game. Incredibly fun and very trial-and-error, but it's rewarding when you do finally complete a level.

Yeah it is a tough game. Very satisfying though. I had a blast playing it and getting both the normal and secret endings. Gotta go back and get an A rank on every level/unlock all masks. Man that will be tough!

I'm loving this game.

I hear great things about The Witcher 2. The first game gets kind of meh comments about it. I haven't played either. I do own the first on PC and the second on the 360 but haven't touched either.

I have played Dark Souls on PS3 though and absolutely loved it. Very rough but very rewarding.

Personally I would choose Dark Souls, but because of pricing I say grab Witcher 1+2 and grab Dark Souls when it drops a bit more.

#11080 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I too recommend LastPass. Im a long time user of it, and love it.

I never played Dark Souls, but Witcher 2 by itself is a great buy. I put 38.4 hours into the game to get all the achieves (except beating the game on the super hard mode). The game looks beautiful if you have a great rig too.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#11081 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

This thread seems much more manageable now. I can actually keep up.

#11082 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

damn the witcher 2 runs like crap on my computer :(

#11083 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

DOOM RAILS MULTIPLAYER going NOW!!!

#11084 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

DOOM RAILS MULTIPLAYER going NOW!!!

sold?
Posted Image

#11085 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

so what was the point of the encore sale? so steam could troll us with the horrible prices theyve had for the last two weeks for yet another two days?

I dont get it. I really really dont
Posted Image

#11086 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Everytime I see Anno 2070 I die a little inside. I can put up with uplay, but not tages.

Honestly, if they dropped TAGES I'd be on it in a hearbeat... UPlay or no.

is Rage any good? cant decide if i want to pick it up for 5 bucks.

If you like basic id shooters it's completely worth 5 bucks. Don't set your expectations much higher than that and you'll be fine.

so what was the point of the encore sale? so steam could troll us with the horrible prices theyve had for the last two weeks for yet another two days?

I dont get it. I really really dont

So they could run a 91% off Sleeping Dogs Flash Sale, of course!

76561197971332172.png

#11087 terb73

terb73

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

The Witcher 1 is pretty awful. Witcher 2 a rather expansive game that is greatly improved on from the first.

Now selling World of Warcraft codes
Cenarion Hatchling - 5$
Blizzcon Deathy Pet Code - 70$
WotLK and BC Collectors Edition key - 105$ Each
Faction change code - 15$, Race change code - 13$, Name change 5$, Appearance change 8$. PM me for information or if you have questions.

#11088 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

That's what I said at first, then by the later levels I got pretty frustrated at random nonsense. Most annoying was the enemies ability to go all Neo on me when I had them dead to rights in a fatal funnel. I guess they don't make combat shotties like they used to.

#11089 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Is your refurb Asus a ROG?

Nope... I picked up a refurb K53TA exactly a year ago for $350. - http://forum.noteboo...ever-could.html

Upped it to 8gb of RAM, of course.

#11090 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Seriously. I got stuck on level 3 (the one where you have to get the girl. I must have done the same "safe" routine - did not work. Then I read one of the loading hints saying something along the lines of "be reckless" and beat it on my first shot.

I have no idea what is going on in the game - I don't know why I am doing what I am doing. But its pretty fun doing it.

#11091 terb73

terb73

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Am I the only person who used less than half of the steam wallet money they set aside for this winter sale? Only thing I picked up was the RPG maker. I didn't notice any other deals that weren't previously available in steam sales already. Super disappointing sale, not nearly enough 75% off.

Now selling World of Warcraft codes
Cenarion Hatchling - 5$
Blizzcon Deathy Pet Code - 70$
WotLK and BC Collectors Edition key - 105$ Each
Faction change code - 15$, Race change code - 13$, Name change 5$, Appearance change 8$. PM me for information or if you have questions.

#11092 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Am I the only person who used less than half of the steam wallet money they set aside for this winter sale? Only thing I picked up was the RPG maker. I didn't notice any other deals that weren't previously available in steam sales already. Super disappointing sale, not nearly enough 75% off.

Nope. I didn't buy a single thing from Steam this sale.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#11093 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

I just signed up with Raptr
Having trouble putting in my steam ID
I followed instructions on how to get steam ID
I used my ID numbers and not user name still don`t work
Appreciate any Help

#11094 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

sold?

We're playing Doom Rails. If you have it jump in. It's the only game going. LOL!

#11095 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Man, Witcher 1 was great. In some ways I liked it better than Witcher 2. W2 is a better game, overall, just some preference things. But I preferred both of them to Dark Souls (which was still a great game, but I just love the Witcher world/lore/etc).

#11096 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Am I the only person who used less than half of the steam wallet money they set aside for this winter sale?

I couldn't imagine tying up my money in Steam wallet or whatever. I'm not judging you, and for all I know you were given Steam giftcards or a Best Buy/Gamestop card and converted it into a Steam card but apart from that I need to keep my funds fluid for the sale seasons.

Agreed though that Steam's offerings this sale were for the most part very unimpressive.

#11097 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I had about $75 in my Steam Wallet for the summer sale. This time, $20. Very glad, as I ended up getting most of my deals through Amazon and JakeNome.

#11098 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Nope. I didn't buy a single thing from Steam this sale.

I bought Drakensang: ROT from Steam.
That's pretty much it.

Most of my money been going to Amazon DVG.

#11099 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I think I spent 20 dollars directly in Steam... 90% of my purchases were paid for via Gamestop gift cards.

#11100 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

I grabbed RPG maker immediately... everything else I bought for friends since anything cheap I already had. I still want a cheap Fallout 3 GOTY though...

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699