Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#11101 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think I spent 20 dollars directly in Steam... 90% of my purchases were paid for via Gamestop gift cards.

Yeah but that's the whole "I got it for free" when they mean "I had 50 dollars in gift cards" or my favorite "that game is 30 dollars!" no dumbass it's 60 dollars with a 30 dollar gift card"

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#11102 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Am I the only person who used less than half of the steam wallet money they set aside for this winter sale? Only thing I picked up was the RPG maker. I didn't notice any other deals that weren't previously available in steam sales already. Super disappointing sale, not nearly enough 75% off.

Well I only had 20 dollars in my wallet so RPG maker kinda slaughtered that even before I bought gifts.

I bought a few things and gifted some things, not the greatest sale in the world by far but it had a few good things

We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#11103 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

I bought Drakensang: ROT from Steam.
That's pretty much it.

Most of my money been going to Amazon DVG.

Same here, all Amazon for me except one game Amazon didn't have. For some reason my friend continually insists on getting inferior deals on Steam.

#11104 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Same here, all Amazon for me except one game Amazon didn't have. For some reason my friend continually insists on getting inferior deals on Steam.

I ran the math and saved $60 over Steam's sale prices these past couple weeks. I spent around $70 so I practically doubled my spending power by shopping predominately at Amazon/GMG/GG (and I'm not counting the GG Beth/Bl2 4-pack errors in that $60).

#11105 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

I too recommend LastPass. Im a long time user of it, and love it.

+1; been using it for about 9 months, after I got fed up with RoboForm's change to an "online service we're going to charge you a ridiculous upgrade fee for every year." I found LastPass, used it for free on my PC for months, got a Nexus 7 in September and bought the annual pass. It's the best $12 I've spent. Yes it is an annual sub (and yes this is where the company makes all of its money), but for the price and convenience, it's the best cloud-based thing out there since Evernote (or maybe Google Play Music).

The Witcher 1 is pretty awful. Witcher 2 a rather expansive game that is greatly improved on from the first.

I'll disagree with this. Both are great games but I actually preferred the timing-based combat in the first game (although handling more than 2-3 opponents simultaneously is tricky in either one).

Am I the only person who used less than half of the steam wallet money they set aside for this winter sale? Only thing I picked up was the RPG maker. I didn't notice any other deals that weren't previously available in steam sales already. Super disappointing sale, not nearly enough 75% off.

I bought very little directly from Steam. My brother-in-law gave me a $20 Steam card for Christmas and I used it to buy the new Doctor Who game (even though it wasn't on sale-grr), Ignite, DETOUR, Nethergate: Resurrection, Bumbledore, a Sleeping Dogs DLC I ended up re-buying during the Big Glitch of 2013, and Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet.

This sale was much more about trading with CAGs and getting some solid deals from Amazon. The actual Steam sales were, as everyone has been saying, fairly lame.

I just signed up with Raptr
Having trouble putting in my steam ID
I followed instructions on how to get steam ID
I used my ID numbers and not user name still don`t work
Appreciate any Help

Hm. Persistence pays off? I found that it sometimes took a few tries to get this to work and even then it's a bit quirky. My Raptr works great with Steam and used to be okay at logging my PS3 trophies but despite the recent fancy visual upgrades, it hasn't noted any PS3 trophy activity in many months (some other users have this problem too and some don't--it doesn't appear to be a big priority on the "to-do" list).
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11106 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Dead Rising 2 Complete
Sleeping Dogs

That is all I bought on the Steam store for myself.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11107 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Well, thanks for the recommendations for gaming mice CAG's. I wanted something easily modable with macros if need be, wanted every button to be programmable (for MMO's), and wanted my thumb to do most of the work. I finally picked a winner:

Winner:
Spoiler

Runner-up:
Spoiler

Honorable Mention:
Spoiler

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#11108 MageVortex

MageVortex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

So they could run a 91% off Sleeping Dogs Flash Sale, of course!

Man i wish i had caught that...i woulda bought it in a heartbeat, and maybe bought another for a friend...

*sniff*

Anyone by any chance get a second copy to gift? I'll gladly reimburse you....? :D
James 1:22 - But PROVE yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

Homestarrunner is mah dawg!

#11109 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

anyone remember how much assassin's creed 3 was on sale for?
in case its a repeat deal tomorrow

#11110 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

From the looks of it, what you see is what you get. It was only an additional 48 hours for this, and if they added new ones when "yesterdays deals" end, it would make that part of the sale only 26 hours. They shouldn't be replaced.

But to answer your question directly, it was $37.49 (Dec. 28-30)
Assassin's Creed III on SteamPrices.com (Scroll to bottom of page for price history chart, after selecting your region at the top/right of the page for accurate price info)

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#11111 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I think the ONLY discount it got during the sale was 25% off, making it $37.49

EDIT:

From the looks of it, what you see is what you get. It was only an additional 48 hours for this, and if they added new ones when "yesterdays deals" end, it would make that part of the sale only 26 hours. They shouldn't be replaced.

Most likely: this.

EDIT2:

Starting Doom Rails! Can't believe you have to copy in the CD key!

#11112 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

That's what I said at first, then by the later levels I got pretty frustrated at random nonsense. Most annoying was the enemies ability to go all Neo on me when I had them dead to rights in a fatal funnel. I guess they don't make combat shotties like they used to.

What frustrates me the most is the dogs and when you get shot by people off the screen. But I guess that would defeat the purpose of the look feature to plan out your attacks. I beat the game fine but getting A+ on every level I don't know if it will happen lol.

#11113 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

I think the ONLY discount it got during the sale was 25% off, making it $37.49

how sure are you?
i was thinking it might have been 33% off or 33.49
and that plus amazon editor's choice would equal decent deal

not 37.49-5 though

#11114 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

how sure are you?
i was thinking it might have been 33% off or 33.49
and that plus amazon editor's choice would equal decent deal

not 37.49-5 though

Pretty sure:

http://www.steampric...ssins-creed-iii

Was 25% off from Dec 28 - Dec 30 (as a daily deal). However, like others have mentioned, it is unlikely that tomorrow's deals will be any different from today's deals.

#11115 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Pretty sure:

http://www.steampric...ssins-creed-iii

Was 25% off from Dec 28 - Dec 30 (as a daily deal). However, like others have mentioned, it is unlikely that tomorrow's deals will be any different from today's deals.

alright
damn

#11116 evantrees

evantrees

rejection and peace tiramisu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

wow, whole steam sale

and only game bought was
Sine More for 3.39 and it got more than a dollar cheaper, on me.

Ah well payed for it + a balance of $6.38 selling stuff from dota 2's greeviling event, played a bit too much of it.

Sadly missed the hotline miami deal.

#11117 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I ended up buying quite a bit - not just at this sale but over the months of November and December, but most of the purchases were low pricepoints like DLC or super-cheap games. Most of my big purchases were elsewhere. I definitely bought much less from Steam this year than I otherwise would have.

November/December haul:

GAMERSGATE
Spoiler

AMAZON
Spoiler

STEAM
Spoiler

GREEN MAN GAMING
Spoiler

HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE
Spoiler

76561197971332172.png

#11118 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Darn. Guess I missed RPG Maker; what was the lowest sale price for it?

Well I only had 20 dollars in my wallet so RPG maker kinda slaughtered that even before I bought gifts.

I bought a few things and gifted some things, not the greatest sale in the world by far but it had a few good things

#11119 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

wow, whole steam sale

and only game bought was
sine more for 3.39 and it got more than a dollar cheaper, on me.

Ah well payed for it + a balance of $6.38 selling stuff from dota 2's greeviling event, played a bit too much of it.

Sadly missed the hotline miami deal.

bgcq....

#11120 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

+1; been using it for about 9 months, after I got fed up with RoboForm's change to an "online service we're going to charge you a ridiculous upgrade fee for every year." I found LastPass, used it for free on my PC for months, got a Nexus 7 in September and bought the annual pass. It's the best $12 I've spent. Yes it is an annual sub (and yes this is where the company makes all of its money), but for the price and convenience, it's the best cloud-based thing out there since Evernote (or maybe Google Play Music).

I'll disagree with this. Both are great games but I actually preferred the timing-based combat in the first game (although handling more than 2-3 opponents simultaneously is tricky in either one).

I bought very little directly from Steam. My brother-in-law gave me a $20 Steam card for Christmas and I used it to buy the new Doctor Who game (even though it wasn't on sale-grr), Ignite, DETOUR, Nethergate: Resurrection, Bumbledore, a Sleeping Dogs DLC I ended up re-buying during the Big Glitch of 2013, and Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet.

This sale was much more about trading with CAGs and getting some solid deals from Amazon. The actual Steam sales were, as everyone has been saying, fairly lame.

Hm. Persistence pays off? I found that it sometimes took a few tries to get this to work and even then it's a bit quirky. My Raptr works great with Steam and used to be okay at logging my PS3 trophies but despite the recent fancy visual upgrades, it hasn't noted any PS3 trophy activity in many months (some other users have this problem too and some don't--it doesn't appear to be a big priority on the "to-do" list).

Thanks will keep trying

#11121 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Darn. Guess I missed RPG Maker; what was the lowest sale price for it?

34.99, nothing huge

It was pretty much a purchase made completely on ego

#11122 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

If I had purchased a copy of RPG maker, I would have attempted to make a gigantic adventure inside joke with my friends as the leads.

#11123 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

So, is RPG Maker easy to use or is it one of those tools that basically goes against everything that you've learned?

#11124 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

About Witcher 2:

Not saying it wasn't good. I enjoyed the first 75% of the game. By the end of Act 2, I was pretty indifferent. The problem was, I don't know the lore enough. The decisions I made was about as meaningful as flipping a coin, which made the climax very insignificant for me. I think the only character other than the Witcher I actually about was Triss. I really liked the first half of the game though.

But I guess I'm just weird.

I don't really like TWD that much either. I finished episode 3 so far. It's ok, but it's so linear, and so slow. Didn't help that I guessed from the beginning of Chapter 2 most of what happens. And I keep hearing that's the best episode, which kills my enthusiasm for 4 and 5.

I'm starting to see what games make GOTY. Interactive movies.

#11125 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I'm starting to see what games make GOTY. Interactive movies.

That seems to be the case for this generation. Games like heavy rain, and TWD are becoming so popular and I don't see the allure in it one bit. Maybe I'm just old school and prefer the awesome game play and the generic saving the princess from the castle story lines.

#11126 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

/hugs elessar and Kirby. Down with interactive movies! Not a trend I like seeing in the gaming industry.

#11127 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

^^^
Alan Wake and Max Payne 1,2,3 are the exception right? :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#11128 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

That seems to be the case for this generation. Games like heavy rain, and TWD are becoming so popular and I don't see the allure in it one bit. Maybe I'm just old school and prefer the awesome game play and the generic saving the princess from the castle story lines.

I'm old school and I still remember games like The 7th Guest, Night Trap, Phantasmagoria, etc. There have been plenty of interactive movie games in the past.

#11129 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

About Witcher 2:

Not saying it wasn't good. I enjoyed the first 75% of the game. By the end of Act 2, I was pretty indifferent. The problem was, I don't know the lore enough. The decisions I made was about as meaningful as flipping a coin, which made the climax very insignificant for me. I think the only character other than the Witcher I actually about was Triss. I really liked the first half of the game though.

But I guess I'm just weird.

I'm curious if you played the first Witcher? The story of the Witcher 2 starts off not long after the events of the first game. Also I am only about half way through the second game but so far I enjoyed the setting/story of the first game more.

#11130 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

What have you bought?

Sorry for the late reply but I kinda hit the sack right after posting. I've bought SR2 but I think I'll send a message to steam support and ask if they can remove it so I can one day buy it off steam and get the non-censored edition.