Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#1111 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Arghh ..... I wanted to buy something today but this is making it difficult ...maybe Patrician IV since its already 75% off and I have been putting off picking it up ..
Posted Image

#1112 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Sadly, doesn't look like the $90 publisher packs are gonna drop any. I guess it was too much to hope for the Ubi pack, since AC III didn't even get a discount at all.

Yeah I was hoping that Bethesda collection would be $60 or less....

#1113 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

The publisher packs are, without a doubt, the worst deals I've seen in a major Steam sale to date.

#1114 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

I would just like to point out that Bad Rats is 49 cents.

#1115 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

On the homepage there's a link saying that you can receive a notification whenever an item on your wishlist becomes a daily deal, but when I click on it it redirects me to my wishlist (I'm on a web browser).

#1116 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

DMC 3 is also 6.79

#1117 mrredskin

mrredskin

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

still got a standard batman arkham city for ps3 that i havent played. might go ahead and trade that and get this since it's GOTY

#1118 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Been around for too many Steam sales, I either have everything I want, or the discount is not big enough.

Mind you, for first time steam salers (?!?) this will be a fun, fun FUN time!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#1119 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So as for the holiday sale badge...

Anyone buying anything want to update us on how some of these achievements work? Namely:

Does The Holiday Spirit achievement (buy a gift) work if you store the game in your inventory? Because if so that's one way the uncharitable among us can get on this (or if you just don't want to send out the gift until Christmas day)

Does It Pays for Itself (buy any discounted item) work whether you're buying a gift or for yourself?

#1120 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

The publisher packs are, without a doubt, the worst deals I've seen in a major Steam sale to date.

Well the Bethesda one has Skyrim AND Dishonored so...

And UBI has AC III, so...

Not that bad considering new releases in them

#1121 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

There's a link under the section for customer's choice voting: http://steamcommunity.com/my/badges

It's been a while and they still haven't shed any light on what the hell the badges are supposed to do for us. It can't be anything significant, just some meaningless reward in lieu of games or anything actually useful. I never go to someone's profile and ogle their badges. Nobody does.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1122 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

you only need to achieve 4 of the 6 tasks to get the badge, so if you don't have a phone with steam mobile you can still get the badge

I guess those of us without phones who desire useless steam badges will have no choice but to buy something in the store... not that I could resist doing that anyway :bouncy:

#1123 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Never fails, every major sale tons of people are disappointed. :D

#1124 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

And people are saying this sale sucks :applause:,

Personally I am pleased with the sale. I will be picking up stuff that I want so it's all good.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1125 malbrax

malbrax

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Any hope for Fable 3 to get to 75% off? It's on flash sale already and it's only 50% off :(

#1126 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey guys, can everyone please vote for Limbo in the flash vote because like it's never been on sale ever or been in like a bundle ever and like no one has it and we haz all been waiting for cheezburger and can finally haz it!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1127 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Nothing for me today... Maybe Mirror's Edge but I have 2 days to think it.

#1128 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Picked up Arkham City. Headed to bed. 1/1 on buying something not on my list ;)

#1129 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So the Flash Sales now end in 16 hours?
Posted Image

#1130 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Any hope for Fable 3 to get to 75% off? It's on flash sale already and it's only 50% off :(

Yep that one is pretty surprising as it's been 75% off last couple of sales.

#1131 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Personally I feel like I am gonna grab a few things towards the end, stuff that I been wanting to grab because nothing is super huge on sale.

For example Penny Arcade Ep 3 for $2 and Fairy Bloom Freesia for $3.50 or whatever it was.

Yeah, PAEp3 and Ticket to Ride are my most likely purchases this sale, it seems. Hoping to get TWD cheap off Amazon in January (does it require Steam? That might be an issue if it doesn't.) Oh, looks like Gods & Kings finally has a sale price - if that hits 75% I might pick that up as well.

In that you'll pay me $.49 cents to play it? I think that's still too low.

#1132 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Well at least I was able to get Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened for $2.49
Posted Image

#1133 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

So as for the holiday sale badge...

Anyone buying anything want to update us on how some of these achievements work? Namely:

Does The Holiday Spirit achievement (buy a gift) work if you store the game in your inventory? Because if so that's one way the uncharitable among us can get on this (or if you just don't want to send out the gift until Christmas day)

Does It Pays for Itself (buy any discounted item) work whether you're buying a gift or for yourself?

You can buy it and store it in your inventory and then activate it. It'll give both of those achievements to you. I was buying E.Y.E for myself and when I saw your post I figured I would test it and it works.

#1134 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Some of them end in 10 hours.

My guess is we'll see some this sale that end in fewer than 10 hours too.

#1135 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I picked it up during the last big sale for $12.50 so it has been lower before. Everything in this sale looks more expensive than in the past though.
Posted Image

#1136 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Maybe a daily deal (?) of Fable Franchise

#1137 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Yeah.. I was thinking about getting the Square Enix Collection this sale - but $89.99 seems high to me - am I crazy?

When I bought the Square publisher pack last year it was a total complete pack with every single thing they had in the store for $50. Now mind you I got an extra $20 off of it for pre-ordering Deus Ex but still. That was a lot of games and not just a greatest hits with no DLC either.

I think the fact that they've got some new releases in there like Sleeping Dogs and Hitman is driving the price up, but even so Sleeping Dogs has already hit $13 and Hitman $20. The rest have been next to nothing at some point.

I don't know, maybe if they threw in the new Tomb Raider pre-order it might be worth that, but definitely not as it stands.

#1138 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Any thoughts on the 75% off Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack? It has the three Runaway games plus The Next BIG Thing and Yesterday.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15253/

#1139 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

3 End in 10 Hrs and the other 3 end in 16 Hrs.

#1140 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

http://www.steamgame...scotsman-add-on

LOL