Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#11881 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Im hating the limited camera angle, clunky movement and loss of control. But I guess thats what it is. Story is getting better. I'd never choose it as GOTY though

I'd say story of the year but not best game. My favorite game so far is Borderlands 2 but Dishonored is pretty fun too.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#11882 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'd say story of the year but not best game. My favorite game so far is Borderlands 2 but Dishonored is pretty fun too.

I can never do game of the year, cause I never have enough time to finish all the games released in a single year. My best game played last year is probably Dishonored, with The Darkness II coming in a very close second.

Edit: Last year, not this year.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#11883 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I can never do game of the year, cause I never have enough time to finish all the games released in a single year. My best game played last year is probably Dishonored, with The Darkness II coming in a very close second.

Oh I'm right there with you. I still haven't played Journey which was ign's game of the year.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#11884 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Doom Rails GOTY.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11885 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Doom Rails GOTY.

...you rang?

#11886 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Borderlands 2 - 5 Golden Keys:
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

Is there any way to get these without having Borderlands 2 installed?

#11887 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Nope.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11888 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

FYI Regarding Cities in Motion DLC.

For some reason Cities in Motion: London is not included in the DLC list on the store page for the game (where you click "add all DLC to Cart" yet it is present in the "Collection". It was mistakenly left out however, as it's not exclusive to the collection and it's separate store page and can be accessed from the collection page:

http://store.steampo...com/app/206720/

Not that your buying it now, but something to make note of, or wishlist separately.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#11889 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Exactly, I can't do game of the year either. Because by being a cheapass, my game of the year is probably something that came out 4 or more years ago. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11890 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Meow!

Isn't that the exact same comtroller Steam uses to advertise their Big Picture mode?! O.o

Yes, it's the Logitech F710 (wireless, Xinput[360] & DirectInput[older]).

When I saw the ipad originally I thought it was the dumbest invention ever. I thought of it as an oversized iPhone.

Then I used it and somehow it just clicked. I thought of reading comics and manga, browsing websites quickly, responding to email faster than on a phone without having to commit to powering up a pc. Maybe it's not for everyone but it has become so integrated into how I access media and Internet that I can't really imagine not having it.

I think part of it is just about your lifestyle. I come home from work and working on servers all day and I don't want to sit at a desk. I usually make dinner with my wife, spend time and watch some tv with her and when I have time and no other obligations fit in some gaming after that. The ipad allows me to still be connected but not have the obligation and intrusion a computer presents. I use it for a minute and set it aside. I don't worry about heat, airflow, wires, battery, etc.

If I was still a student living in a dorm and I came home and lived at my desk it wouldn't make much sense. It's just how you live your life.

I have a Nexus 7 and had a CM7'd Nook Color before. 7" tablets are nice, not necessary, but nice. My N900 (smartphone mobile computer) is over three years old now (and I"m not replacing it until I can get another linuxphone, thankfully Ubuntuphone is on the horizon), so it's nice to have something to supplement it. 7" is a nice companion nice for looking up/referring to stuff in class, and fits in my purse when I don't want to carry my Macbook Air. I use it mostly for occasional web browsing, book/papers/notes reference (I scan all my handwritten notes). Occasional use for steaming something to watch from my desktop before sleep.

Login to a friend's machine who has it installed.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11891 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I always did that for my friend, and the last time I did that, it didn't work for him. As in, the keys showed when I was logged into his account on my PC, but when he logged in on his PC the keys weren't there. He also tried using the codes on his PC and they came up as already used.

So while this SHOULD work, and has worked, seems like it doesn't always work, or a recent update messed this method up.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11892 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Unfortunately, no :(

I uninstalled a few weeks back and have been missing out. Might need to reinstall.

#11893 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Nope.

Bah.

I don't have any.

Unfortunately, no :(

I uninstalled a few weeks back and have been missing out. Might need to reinstall.

I haven't got my desktop set up yet, and by time that I do + have downloaded the game the code will probably have expired. :-(

#11894 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Borderlands 2 - 5 Golden Keys:
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

Finally ninja'd you to the Gold Key :lol:

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#11895 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Doom Rails GOTY.

This may be a dumb question, but why are you sitting on 100 copies of Hotline Miami?

#11896 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

This may be a dumb question, but why are you sitting on 100 copies of Hotline Miami?

guess you missed it on the 'free' price tag?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11897 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Oh I'm right there with you. I still haven't played Journey which was ign's game of the year.

I still have to buy Journey sadly.

Hell I still have to play Torchlight II, Binary Domain, Ass Creed III, Max Payne 3 (don't own Ass Creed or Max Payne), Darksiders 2, Lego Batman 2, Prototype 2, finish Darkness 2, acutually get a long game going in XCOM, finish Walking Dead. All that is considering I don't go back into Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Far Cry 3.

So yeah.... I still have a lot of gaming to play and that's just 2012 releases for Steam :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#11898 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

There's a market for things that just work, that you don't have to fiddle around with.

There are those of us(by us I mean me) who want to be part of the master gaming race, but aren't savvy with computers. I love PC gaming prices, but I'm a Plebeian when it comes to operating a computer. I've never installed a mod. I don't know how to download patches. I just recently found out what FPS was when I was streaming a football game and my friend told me to shut down other programs so the picture wouldn't stutter. So, if I could get a box that let me play games without all the headaches that come with PC gaming, but with PC gaming prices and graphics I'd be happy.
Posted Image

#11899 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Woops, sorry it's actually 106. I should fix that.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11900 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

guess you missed it on the 'free' price tag?

Still seems like and arduous process (or could you have checked them all out in one transaction?) and assumes having 100 5$ credits.

#11901 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Still seems like and arduous process (or could you have checked them all out in one transaction?) and assumes having 100 5$ credits.

He's just trolling =P

#11902 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

My GotY for 2012 is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Now if only they'd bundle the DLC...

#11903 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Just finished playing thru KOTOR 1. Not as good as I remembered it being back when it first came out and I played it. Plus the game randomly crashed and minimized at times. Altogether I probably got about 10 crashes. Still worth the $2.50 I paid for it.

#11904 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I still have to buy Journey sadly.

Hell I still have to play Torchlight II, Binary Domain, Ass Creed III, Max Payne 3 (don't own Ass Creed or Max Payne), Darksiders 2, Lego Batman 2, Prototype 2, finish Darkness 2, acutually get a long game going in XCOM, finish Walking Dead. All that is considering I don't go back into Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Far Cry 3.

So yeah.... I still have a lot of gaming to play and that's just 2012 releases for Steam :lol:.

I've only finished Max Payne 3 and Darkness 2 from that list. I haven't touched Far Cry 3, and off the top of my head: Syndicate, Asura's Wrath, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops: The Line, and Legend of Grimrock are sitting on the 2012 stack... I've been playing Civ 5 for 30 hours a week.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#11905 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

My GotY for 2012 is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Now if only they'd bundle the DLC...

Out of everything that's come out this year, this is probably the game I've put the most time into. My 3DS says that I put around 55 hours into it. I loved it but really felt like the DLC fell a bit flat.

#11906 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Bioshock Infinite X 34
$6.66
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#11907 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Bioshock Infinite X 34
$6.66

Wow, it's on GamersGate right now! Hurry up everybody!

#11908 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

where is that? It shows 59.95$ for me.

#11909 bill22

bill22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Enhanced Steam is now up to v1.6 which includes the Community Events in the Group Overview page.

You can also turn this off (if you want to) by Going to Extensions -> Enhanced Steam -> Options -> Community and changing "Show Events on Group Overview:" to "No".

Hi,

1. This is really good.

2. Do you have a Tip Jar somewhere?

3. Might be just me, but a couple of things I've noticed don't seem quite right.

On the main page "NEW RELEASES and TOP SELLERS" listings, the first 10 items highlight if I own/wishlist them, but the subsequent pages/games don't.

The same thing happens on the "Featured partners --> Game Publisher Catalogs --> Game listing pages".

I own Fallout 3, and it never shows up highlighed on any list.

4. This is really good. Thanks for creating it.

#11910 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

where is that? It shows 59.95$ for me.

It's not on sale. Sorry, we're just horrible people. :lol: