Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12331 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

I`m on the fence about buying Alice: Madness Returns The Complete Collection ($6.99 after Coupon)
I think I have 3 Hours to Decide
Is it worth getting for backlog or waiting for it to go on sale again later

I bough it, I wanted the original game plus the extras that aren't available on Steam.

#12332 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Enhanced Steam (for Chrome) has been updated to v 1.8 which adds Metacritic User Scores support.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THIS INSTALLED ALREADY, you'll have to open your extension page and re-activate it and accept the new permissions to enhancedsteam.com

This should be the last time the permissions change, as any other off-site data will be filtered through EnhancedSteam.com :)

#12333 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Thanks for the insights. I'm certainly looking to expand the Enhanced Steam user base and features.

I have a huge background in networking (I got my CCNA in 1998!) and I also (obviously) programmed EnhancedSteam.com so I decided that I'll do this for now: I'm going to build a "secret" page on the site, and fill it with my resume / credentials / skills and a general "Please contact me for an interview" page. Then I'm going to backlink all of the IP addresses owned by Valve, and if the page detects that it's being visited by someone from a Valve-owned IP, it will display a banner at the top of the page with a link to my secret "Hire me" page.

Then, hopefully, as it becomes more popular and (hopefully) catches the attention of someone at Valve, I'll have my in. :) If that doesn't work then... well... I'll have to go a more traditional route.

EDIT:

The biggest problem I have with "getting the word out" is that most places it is against the rules to engage in self-promotion. So that's where you guys come in. Get it out there! And don't worry, once a CAG, always a CAG. ;)

and once you're there, could you ask if they are gonna bring back the holiday sales.

ATTN: Motoki (and others)

From @theowaern (The Journey Down dev) on the subject of Steam keys:

What if you bought it on indiegamestand?

You Don't Know Jack just went on sale for $2.99 (85% off) at Amazon.

It does redeem on Steam.

Since no one knows what is going on with the THQ sale and who will end up getting the rights to each IP, whether it will stay on Steam etc, and since this is a more obscure title that doesn't go on sale a lot anyway, if you want it probably a good idea to grab it now.

damn been begging for this since June and missed it because of work again . :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

Fuck. I was one of the ones pushing for this and I seriously missed it? How long was it even up for?

Probably. It's a good start to prove the user score can be pulled in. It probably should be clearly noted which is the critic score, as opposed to "metascore" which is vague and implies a comprehensive score, and which is the user one.

Oh definitely. That always gets my attention when I notice the scores are so far out of sync with each other and to try and look and figure out why that was the case.

In looking I found that in the majority of cases the two scores are pretty on par with each other, but there are definitely some glaring examples when they aren't.

It seemed like the critics in general were way more lenient on EA games, and also on ones with harsh DRM schemes.

Oh no, if you look at the metacritic user reviews you are not alone. Most people are complaining about the controls, which the critics somehow seemed to gloss over.

A couple of hours or so? Not long. I hope he gets more in for people who want it because I have no idea what's going to happen to it with the THQ auction coming up soon.

If I knew they were going to run out so fast I would have grabbed extras but I thought it was kind of an odd nichey casual game that a lot of gamers wouldn't be into. *shrug*

If anyone has an extra, I'd love to have it at cost.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#12334 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

re: Steam keys for owners of The Journey Down

What if you bought it on indiegamestand?

They said they are trying to get the keys for IGS people too but last I heard they contacted IGS and have not heard back yet. I know the devs want to do it so most likely it will happen.

Enhanced Steam (for Chrome) has been updated to v 1.8 which adds Metacritic User Scores support.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THIS INSTALLED ALREADY, you'll have to open your extension page and re-activate it and accept the new permissions to enhancedsteam.com

This should be the last time the permissions change, as any other off-site data will be filtered through EnhancedSteam.com :)

Works great! Thanks for yet another useful feature.

Posted Image

#12335 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Wow, Chrome makes updating the permissions really easy now. I didn't even have to go into the extensions page this time.

Keep up the great work, jshackles!

#12336 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

I bough it, I wanted the original game plus the extras that aren't available on Steam.

Got it Thanks for reply

Will get a Nice Buzz before I play it

Looks Trippy:applause\\:D/

#12337 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

So I started a DLC list just did Saints Row for now to test it out.

https://docs.google....OEE&hl=en#gid=0

The doc is viewable and editable by anyone, so if anyone wants to contribute, change, edit etc go ahead.

The raw text doesn't paste well here so a rather largish image snapshot is below.

Spoiler

My thoughts

• I added date because I find that useful if I haven't checked on a game in a while to see what new DLC has been released since X date.
  • Not sure if these categories work or maybe some should be condensed, like cosmetic/items into one.
  • Multiplayer would be another category I'd want to add when certain games have multiplayer only DLC.
  • "Bundle" might be a little confusing and inadvertently imply indie bundle so I think that one might be better named as "Multi-Pack" or something like that. Changed.
  • The process of manually entering this all one by one is tedious. Not sure if there's a better way to grab the data and then manipulate it but if not it would really help if it were a group effort.
  • Color coding on these would be good too but not sure which colors to use and I didn't want to overlap on anything already being used for Enhanced Steam like red green or blue.
  • Anyway, this was just a test to sort of get some feedback, if anyone has any.

Edited by Motoki, 14 January 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#12338 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Anyone know if any games on Steam require Java?

#12339 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

Work in progress. I might have to pull in that "Metascore" graphic and make my own 8-)

... aaaand That's the feature I wanted! Awesome

#12340 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Anyone know if any games on Steam require Java?

Spiral Knights, Towns, Altitude, Sonic 4 Episode 1. Unsure about any others.

#12341 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

... aaaand That's the feature I wanted! Awesome

Thanks for suggesting it! It is a good feature. :)

#12342 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Too bad I won't ever be able to use that add-on since Chrome has too many personal quirks that I can't remove which drive me nuts. Sticking to a highly customized Firefox and doubt I'll move anytime soon. It just doesn't transition for the way I do things well, at all.

#12343 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Too bad I won't ever be able to use that add-on since Chrome has too many personal quirks that I can't remove which drive me nuts. Sticking to a highly customized Firefox and doubt I'll move anytime soon. It just doesn't transition for the way I do things well, at all.

https://addons.mozil...enhanced-steam/

This is still being reviewed by Mozilla. It's kind of like Enhanced Steam "Lite", but what does work works well. :)

#12344 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

On a semi-related note, I'm thrilled that my work just quietly added Chrome so now I don't have to go 'Wait, do I own that already?' when I check Steam at work.

Chrome sync automatically pulled in and updated all my extensions too.

Previously we just had IE.

#12345 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

On a semi-related note, I'm thrilled that my work just quietly added Chrome so now I don't have to go 'Wait, do I own that already?' when I check Steam at work.

Chrome sync automatically pulled in and updated all my extensions too.

Previously we just had IE.

Awesome! I'm curious though, did Chrome Sync also bring over your settings for Enhanced Steam? Or do you just use the defaults?

#12346 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Awesome! I'm curious though, did Chrome Sync also bring over your settings for Enhanced Steam? Or do you just use the defaults?

I just use the defaults. It did pull it in as 1.8 though.

I'll have to try messing with stuff and see if it syncs.

#12347 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I just use the defaults. It did pull it in as 1.8 though.

I'll have to try messing with stuff and see if it syncs.

It should sync all of the settings in the options menu - custom colors, etc. I've tested it here and it works, I was just curious if it worked for anyone else. ;)

#12348 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

https://addons.mozil...enhanced-steam/

This is still being reviewed by Mozilla. It's kind of like Enhanced Steam "Lite", but what does work works well. :)

Oh that is just FANTASTIC, cheers mate!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#12349 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Bundlestars #2 is live, but everything in it is a bundle repeat.

http://www.bundlestars.com/

#12350 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

That makes complete sense. These games were the stars of previous bundles!

#12351 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

That's too bad, the first bundle stars was pretty cool, this one is really lacking
Posted Image

#12352 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Some of the games looked interesting to me... At least now I have a few games to add to my trade list in hopes of getting King's Bounty!

#12353 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

That makes complete sense. These games were the stars of previous bundles!

"Stars." *cough*

#12354 hurricanedarby

hurricanedarby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I have some games I've bundled together as a pack. $6 Paypal for the whole thing. I'm at work now so I can do the paypal transaction now but I can't get you the games till about 3pm PST. They are:

Orcs Must Die 2 Complete (Steam Gift)
Dungeon Defenders (Steam Gift)
Super Hexagon (Steam Gift)
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb (Steam Key)
Basement Collection (Steam Key)

Thanks!

#12355 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

It features almost every steam redeemable game from Indie Gala 3. Here is the IG3 lineup:

Future Wars
Greed: Black Border
Trapped Dead
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Twin Sector
Flatout (the only game that's missing thus far)

Fun fact: Indie Gala 3 is the bundle that started the group buy thing. Several posters (myself included) felt that the lineup of games was so mediocre that we just couldn't bring ourselves to buy it at the full price. So we passed on it. Until they brought back the happy hour towards the end of the bundle, that is. Luckily, Blade had bought early and he was able to help a bunch of us out.

Edited by The End, 14 January 2013 - 04:49 PM.
spelling

#12356 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well, if anyone missed the first one, they're selling it again too. Personally, I either have/don't want the revealed games so I'll wait and see what's in the mystery box.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#12357 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Krater Collector's Edition is like $3.20 on GMG. Any thoughts?

#12358 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Life got in the way so I've been MIA for a few days. Did I miss anything good? Oh wait, this is the steam thread ... ;)

Seriously, though. I still have like 5 Amazon coupons that are languishing at the moment. I just can't find myself anything to buy. Sigh. First world gamer problems, eh?

#12359 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

That's too bad, the first bundle stars was pretty cool, this one is really lacking

The same for me, unfortunately I missed that one but I got those games (Vietnam and the two Real Warfare) for really cheap here.

#12360 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Krater Collector's Edition is like $3.20 on GMG. Any thoughts?

Bundle fodder.