Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12451 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

I reported the PM, yes. I thought that much was obvious. I didn't report any of his posts though. I only report things that I think are truly offensive (and obviously the mod thought so too). But anyway, I'm done talking about it, I just didn't want anyone to think he got banned for his posts. Also, I never said I forwarded the PM to everyone.

so what did he say in case I decide I wanna post something, I don't want you to be all butt hurt if its not something you completely agree with.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#12452 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

I think it's best for everyone if we stop talking/joking about Motoki's ban. It happened, it's over with. I'm sure the involved parties (and the mods) would rather it be private.

I still doubt it's a permaban anyways.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12453 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

There's a difference between talking about games and talking about endgame spoilers.

This is what has me frustrated. We didn't talk about end game spoilers. All that was mentioned of the ending was whether or not it made someone hate the game. There were no spoilers.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#12454 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

This is what has me frustrated. We didn't talk about end game spoilers. All that was mentioned of the ending was whether or not it made someone hate the game. There were no spoilers.

The very first post was a comic about how the ending affected someone. I didn't look at it closely, I don't want to. The internet is rife with "OMG ME3 ENDING" and spoilers bubble forth so easily that it's ridiculous. I have no idea how I've gone this long without getting it spoiled for me.

Yes, the first handful of posts weren't directly talking about exactly what happened in the end of ME3, but it could have been/was going to be spoilers soon if it didn't get modded. It's natural for people to discuss something and expound on the subject. Trakan just stopped it before it could go there... and it had nothing to do with Motoki's ban.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12455 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

The very first post was a comic about how the ending affected someone. I didn't look at it closely, I don't want to. The internet is rife with "OMG ME3 ENDING" and spoilers bubble forth so easily that it's ridiculous. I have no idea how I've gone this long without getting it spoiled for me.

Yes, the first handful of posts weren't directly talking about exactly what happened in the end of ME3, but it could have been/was going to be spoilers soon if it didn't get modded. It's natural for people to discuss something and expound on the subject. Trakan just stopped it before it could go there... and it had nothing to do with Motoki's ban.

This. And I personally thought the "no spoilers" complaining in the Amazon thread was premature too. But it was explained to me in no uncertain terms by the same mod that they cut it off when they did because of where the conversation was headed, not where it was.

And again, I don't think anyone has anything against OT talk in this thread, but if someone just asks "hey guys, can you please stop the game talk" then I would think we are enough of a community to just say fine and move on instead of making it such a big thing.

#12456 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

so what did he say in case I decide I wanna post something, I don't want you to be all butt hurt if its not something you completely agree with.

Do you really think a mod would ban over something dumb that I don't agree with? If you check my post history, I've very rarely gotten upset over anything I don't agree with on this forum. Hell, I don't usually report posts to begin with, and this is the first PM I've reported since I've joined CAG (back in 2005).

I don't want to say anything bad about Motoki, but if you check his post history, many of his posts are overreacting after someone disagrees with him. I'll just say this: his PM isn't something you can "disagree" with. It's just offensive and had absolutely nothing to do with any kind of discussion in this thread. Anyway, I'm seriously done talking about this now. If you want to talk to me about it PM me, but I don't want to clutter this thread.

If you read Trakan's post, he didn't necessarily say it had to do with people posting spoilers. If you saw the Amazon PCDD thread, you'd know what I mean. The minute people talk about the ME3 ending, it encourages many pages after it, and several of them would be spoiler posts. Talking about if you liked a game or not is fine, getting into discussion about an ending can deter people from wanting to view a deal thread, in fear of getting spoiled eventually. Just curious, did you see the Amazon PCDD thread when there were like 10 pages dedicated to ME3 ending discussion?

#12457 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Your last six posts are complaints about a conversation that a number of members don't want in -this- thread and that got mod-deleted.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12458 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

and it had nothing to do with Motoki's ban.

I know, he told me why.

I do understand being concerned with spoilers. I haven't finished Spec Ops, and I hear that ending is crazy good, but I was able to just skip over the discussions Asheskitty and others were having about it. I didn't feel that they were wrong to have it.

Regardless, it's really a moot point. I just want it to be clear there were no actual spoilers in the conversation. (I've already been called a dick for that one before, and I honestly considered putting spoiler tags on what little I did say about the game. I just figured it was common information since it's in the advertisements for the game. Surely EA wouldn't spoil their own title.)

You guys think Steam will ever sell a Sonic bundle for like $5.00? I suddenly want to own all the Sonic titles. I have all of the classic packs, but all I ever play is Kid Chameleon.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12459 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Just curious, did you see the Amazon PCDD thread when there were like 10 pages dedicated to ME3 ending discussion?

And there were probably even more pages about TWD... lol.

bZ2g3eF.png

#12460 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Your last six posts are complaints about a conversation that a number of members don't want in -this- thread and that got mod-deleted.

And they're all posts in reply to someone else commenting first, aren't they? I didn't bring up Motoki getting banned. I responded to it. I didn't bring up whether or not the conversation contained spoilers, I responded to it.

I don't know what your problem with me is, but you're not going to get the better of me, so just back off.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12461 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Just curious, did you see the Amazon PCDD thread when there were like 10 pages dedicated to ME3 ending discussion?

No, I generally only check the front page of the Amazon thread, and I do understand. I'm simply stating that we, the six of us in the conversation, did not post spoilers and were not dicks about it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12462 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Obviously what this board needs is a spoiler thread. And a drama thread.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12463 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

It's natural for people to discuss something and expound on the subject. Trakan just stopped it before it could go there... and it had nothing to do with Motoki's ban.

Sure it did. It's very frustrating to try to have a useful discussion (in this case on ratings, disparity of ratings, and how to use those ratings when deciding on which games to buy) washed away because someone decides they don't want that discussion and mod goes nuts with deletions. Tossing insults after such may not be polite, and may not be useful, but it can be awfully tempting.

#12464 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Obviously what this board needs is a spoiler thread. And a drama thread.

Drama thread, maybe. You could never know which games would be spoiled in the Spoiler thread. It would be like running a gauntlet.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12465 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Can I take a minute out of this thread to address some issues? It's with the hope of improving this thread, so please forgive me. I'll even spoiler it so it takes less space. Please do not respond to this in this thread. PM me or take it to the BGCQ

Spoiler

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#12466 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I was totally serious about the Sonic Bundle question. Has Steam ever done a bundle on the Sonic titles? I thought I had bought a bundle from Amazon, but it only has Sonic 3D Blast in it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12467 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

I was totally serious about the Sonic Bundle question. Has Steam ever done a bundle on the Sonic titles? I thought I had bought a bundle from Amazon, but it only has Sonic 3D Blast in it.

Amazon had a Sonic bundle with mostly Steam keys for around $25 I think. It was all Sonic everything.

#12468 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Which Sonic titles? Are you talking about the Genesis ones, or a complete Sonic bundle (with new Sonic games too)? Steam had one during the winter sale, but the price kinda sucked.

Amazon had a Sonic bundle with mostly Steam keys for around $25 I think. It was all Sonic everything.

lol forgot about that one, yeah, Amazon had a better bundle.

#12469 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Pretty sure they had one during winter. Granted I was mainly fallowing Amazon, they made Steam look quite small in the sale pants.

Maybe it was just games not in a bundle that were generally sonic related -shrug-

#12470 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Drama thread, maybe. You could never know which games would be spoiled in the Spoiler thread. It would be like running a gauntlet.

Yeah. It's rough.

I've avoided anything resembling a spoiler on ME3--heck, the entire series is in my backlog--and even from seeing a headline or two and a response or two I've got a pretty good idea on the ending. Same with Spec Ops. Just saying that the story is different, or that you see things on a second play through, might be too much information.

But when discussing deals you really can't avoid discussing the games. My option isn't forcing everyone to say nothing about any game ever. It's to avoid threads where discussion might happen entirely--and I don't really want to do that.

#12471 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hmm, that's probably why I didn't buy it. $25.00 seems steep for Sonic 1-CD, and it's my understanding that the latter games are all terrible.

Guess I'll hold out hope for a Sonic Classics Collection or something.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12472 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Posted Image

Spoiler

The Summer Sale wasn't pleasant for everyone, lol...

bZ2g3eF.png

#12473 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

My opinion is that being afeared of spoilers is rather immature, so I wouldn't have a problem with it. 99% of the time, twist endings and such are a crutch to good storytelling.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12474 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Hmm, that's probably why I didn't buy it. $25.00 seems steep for Sonic 1-CD, and it's my understanding that the latter games are all terrible.

Guess I'll hold out hope for a Sonic Classics Collection or something.

A couple people have asked Tony if Amazon had any plans for a Sonic Classics Collection, and I'm pretty sure Tony said they'd look into it or something, so there's a definite possibility it could happen.

Edited by spoderman, 15 January 2013 - 04:46 AM.
typo. Meant Sonic, not Sega.

#12475 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

...or take it to the BGCQ

Forgive my newness, but what is BGCQ?
Spoiler

#12476 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

My opinion is that being afeared of spoilers is rather immature, so I wouldn't have a problem with it. 99% of the time, twist endings and such are a crutch to good storytelling.

I agree, personally, but we can't expect everyone else to come to our way of thinking. Hive Minds are bad, mmmkay?

It's sleep time. Hopefully all of this drama will have died down in the morning.

I still want to be your friend, Asheskitty, please stop hating me.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12477 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

And now we're calling people who don't want to hear spoilers immature. Oh Steam Deal Thread... :roll:

bZ2g3eF.png

#12478 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Forgive my newness, but what is BGCQ?

Spoiler

Brawny Gents and Coconut Queens.

It's a steam group that started during the Summer sale as a place for people with a shared unironic love of the game Coconut Queen. Now it's become the group for Steam thread regulars.

PM Spoony for an invite.

#12479 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

{SERIOUS question}

Forgive me for asking a silly question, since I pretty much live on the Game Deal Boards here and I am kind of lazy to actually look around here...

...but where are the Game Forums/Threads where Spoilers are allowed?

#12480 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

{SERIOUS question}

Forgive me for asking a silly question, since I pretty much live on the Game Deal Boards here and I am kind of lazy to actually look around here...

...but where are the Game Forums/Threads where Spoilers are allowed?

Really depends on which game thread you're looking for. It seems like they're split across the console boards. The 360 thread for ME3 is right here, and it's very active:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=281274

I know it's not a PC thread, but honestly.. who cares. It's the same game regardless lol. You can always make a thread for the PC version, but I'll admit the PC sub-forum isn't active compared to the other sub-forums.

As for spoilers being allowed, I would assume each game thread allows spoilers as long as you use the proper tags. Not sure if there are any threads devoted to spoilers.