Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12481 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Brawny Gents and Coconut Queens.

It's a steam group that started during the Summer sale as a place for people with a shared unironic love of the game Coconut Queen. Now it's become the group for Steam thread regulars.

PM Spoony for an invite.

Ah, thanks. I actually picked that up over Christmas due to all the references. I feel like I should actually get some playtime in to be worthy of such an invite. I'll get on that tomorrow.

#12482 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

{SERIOUS question}

Forgive me for asking a silly question, since I pretty much live on the Game Deal Boards here and I am kind of lazy to actually look around here...

...but where are the Game Forums/Threads where Spoilers are allowed?

As long as you use spoiler tags you can post them in most game discussion sub forums (console or PC).

Usually the big releases get more console discussion if they are cross platform.

#12483 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

And now we're calling people who don't want to hear spoilers immature. Oh Steam Deal Thread... :roll:

That's not exactly what I said, but I'm not helping us get back on track. We can discuss it elsewhere if you'd like.

I'll second the hesitation about pre-ordering Aliens: CM. That item isn't nearly enough to entice me, especially compared to what Gearbox gave away with the BL2 stuff, which is a franchise that didn't really need to get people excited enough to pre-order, I wouldn't think.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12484 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

You guys think Steam will ever sell a Sonic bundle for like $5.00? I suddenly want to own all the Sonic titles. I have all of the classic packs, but all I ever play is Kid Chameleon.

For $5 - impossible :) But for $30 - in the realms of possibility...

And as for Aliens:CM (We're all accepting this abbreviation right?) I'm going to hold out and see how the reviews go before getting the game. We've been burned by too many Alien games to buy it on release! (Well, just one actually LOL but it made a dent)

#12485 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

And as for Aliens:CM (We're all accepting this abbreviation right?)

Needs more "TW" in its abbreviation. I propose TWAlienstW2:CMII. This way, no one will confuse it for Dwarfs!?

#12486 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Acm?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#12487 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#12488 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

There's plenty of things people could talk about if they really wanted to. I believe the only specific thing anyone asked not to discuss was the ME3 ending thing.

For example, anyone play the Primal Fears beta? Anyone planning on picking it up?

It has co-op and the 4 pack is at a pretty reasonable price (22.49).

I was giving Gamersgate some time to see if they were going to carry it, but they might not so Steam might be the way to go.

Saw a first 40 minutes video of the gameplay (well, first 25 minutes) and the reviewer said the combat was too dull and repetitive that he couldn't stand playing for more than 25 minutes. Basically all you do is kite zombie/undead thingys while shooting at them until they die. They introduce different baddies, but you defeat them all in the same way, so the only difference between them is cosmetic (and how much bullets they can take). I was interested in it, along with several other top-down survival shooter types, but this video review made me think otherwise.

Video after the spoiler.
Spoiler

#12489 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

I was totally serious about the Sonic Bundle question. Has Steam ever done a bundle on the Sonic titles?

I'm too deep into the Sonic collection for a bundle to appeal, personally. SEGA doesn't seem to like to put them on sale individually much more than 50% off of late.

Hmm, that's probably why I didn't buy it. $25.00 seems steep for Sonic 1-CD, and it's my understanding that the latter games are all terrible.

Guess I'll hold out hope for a Sonic Classics Collection or something.

There are not many I'd call terrible, but I'm a pretty big fan of the game. Some definitely belong more to the "collector" of the series than they do to a broad appeal. Those with more casual interests could probably stop with 1-3+Knuckles, CD, and Generations.

That's not exactly what I said, but I'm not helping us get back on track. We can discuss it elsewhere if you'd like.

I'll second the hesitation about pre-ordering Aliens: CM. That item isn't nearly enough to entice me, especially compared to what Gearbox gave away with the BL2 stuff, which is a franchise that didn't really need to get people excited enough to pre-order, I wouldn't think.

Different publishers though... 2K did BL2 and SEGA has A:CM. It's like night and day.

Edited by hal, 16 January 2013 - 09:58 AM.
added NOT

76561197971332172.png

#12490 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Different publishers though... 2K did BL2 and SEGA has A:CM. It's like night and day.

Oops, yeah, a publisher would have more to do with the swag, wouldn't it?

re: Primal Fears - Just looking at the store page, I guessed that it was the same dev or pub as Dead Horde, which people on my list took the time to pan—aside from the Metacritic score (45). Smells like bundle fodder.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12491 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Motoki was banned? He was one of my favorite members. Damn...

Motoki was actually banned? This some sick joke? :-s :bs: Outspoken dude but you gotta respect the honesty, one of the most helpful too pretty much the voice of the thread. don't understand

edit: well I guess I've missed alot.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#12492 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

I missed that entire conversation, too. Motoki was one of the best and most helpful members here. I kinda feel bad since I asked him to come back after his first leave, and he did, and he devoted much of his time to helping us out. :(

We'll have to carry on his legacy of posting deals and incessantly hounding developers who don't deliver. ;)
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#12493 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

@hal

Sonic CD was $1.24 (steam key) on Amazon in November (other sonic stuff too, but that's the one I bought). You're not slighting sonic spinball, are you? ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12494 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I missed that entire conversation, too. Motoki was one of the best and most helpful members here.

TBH I tend to disagree. To me he was an overreactive person that tended to make a big drama out of everything he did not agree with. Sure, he gave away quite a lot of games which probably got him on a lot of people's good side, and not every post he made was like that. But that's how I feel about him.

Not that I'm overly glad to see him banned though. I'm not like that, even though we didn't really get along. But if he got banned, he probably deserved it for whatever he did that got him banned.

#12495 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

**** DEAL TALK ****

It's time for Flow's thrice-yearly synopsis of Krater.

Lets start with the good:

- the setting (post apocalyptic-Sweden) is cool and has enough variety to make it not a Fallout ripoff
- the idea (squad-based real-time strategy/RPG) is like mini-managing your own MMO dungeon run. Think of having your own tank/damage dealer/healer trio to organise
- soundtrack is nifty
- crafting, levelling, staple RPG elements are well represented
- the devastating are still trying to improve it

Now the bad:
- I bought at launch and played 4-5 hours before getting bored. It didn't feel like much fun, just a bit of a grind
- combat was a mess. Just button mashing for me
- the camera just doesn't want to like me. It feels really unnatural
- bugs that make it crash without reason (I tried to play over Xmas and it crashed before the end of the tutorial! :lol:)

In short, I really want to like Krater but whenever I've returned to it I felt like it didn't want to like me back. *plays angst-driven Emo album*

However, there's definitely enough game in there for those willing to dig deep enough. I think I've been justifiably harsh on it in the past but I've promised myself I'll get my moneysworth out of it sometime this year. Now seems as good a time as any.

Krater is available at GMG for 80% off until Friday. Use the 20% code to make it an effective 84% off.

**** DEAL TALK ENDS ****

#12496 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

**** DEAL TALK ****

It's time for Flow's thrice-yearly synopsis of Krater.

Lets start with the good:

- the setting (post apocalyptic-Sweden) is cool and has enough variety to make it not a Fallout ripoff
- the idea (squad-based real-time strategy/RPG) is like mini-managing your own MMO dungeon run. Think of having your own tank/damage dealer/healer trio to organise
- soundtrack is nifty
- crafting, levelling, staple RPG elements are well represented
- the devastating are still trying to improve it

Now the bad:
- I bought at launch and played 4-5 hours before getting bored. It didn't feel like much fun, just a bit of a grind
- combat was a mess. Just button mashing for me
- the camera just doesn't want to like me. It feels really unnatural
- bugs that make it crash without reason (I tried to play over Xmas and it crashed before the end of the tutorial! :lol:)

In short, I really want to like Krater but whenever I've returned to it I felt like it didn't want to like me back. *plays angst-driven Emo album*

However, there's definitely enough game in there for those willing to dig deep enough. I think I've been justifiably harsh on it in the past but I've promised myself I'll get my moneysworth out of it sometime this year. Now seems as good a time as any.

Krater is available at GMG for 80% off until Friday. Use the 20% code to make it an effective 84% off.

**** DEAL TALK ENDS ****

I'm considering this game, but I might wait and see if it's included in a bundle. Some of the reviews make it sound like it's a mess.

#12497 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief because I have not been banned.

That is too bad about Motoki though. :(

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#12498 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I probably should've checked what Krater's co-op is like before I bought it. Apparently it doesn't have full campaign co-op (like the campaign in singleplayer). It just has 3 missions for the co-op..

Seems like the game is still unfinished.

#12499 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm considering this game, but I might wait and see if it's included in a bundle. Some of the reviews make it sound like it's a mess.

It doesn't feel like bundle material, there's a lot of game in there for people willing to put the time in. Plus I don't think there's been any FatShark games in a bundle elsewhere (I'll likely be proven wrong within 5 minutes of posting this).

It's cheap enough to take a punt on if it interests you, I doubt we'll see it considerably cheaper. The bigger question is "Will I actually play it right now?". If the answer is no, probably hold off for the next time it hits a low price.

Edit: should've waited til Spoderman went to bed :lol:

Edited by Flowette, 15 January 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#12500 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

It doesn't feel like bundle material, there's a lot of game in there for people willing to put the time in. Plus I don't think there's been any FatShark games in a bundle elsewhere (I'll likely be proven wrong within 5 minutes of posting this).

It's cheap enough to take a punt on if it interests you, I doubt we'll see it considerably cheaper. The bigger question is "Will I actually play it right now?". If the answer is no, probably hold off for the next time it hits a low price.

Hamilton's Great Adventure was in a Groupees bundle. Less than 5 minutes! ;)

#12501 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I probably should've checked what Krater's co-op is like before I bought it. Apparently it doesn't have full campaign co-op (like the campaign in singleplayer). It just has 3 missions for the co-op..

Seems like the game is still unfinished.

Co-op was patched in after launch, about a month or two later on.

I'm tempted by it the idea - it has Steam achievements for co-op missions so I'd like to get those ticked off.

#12502 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Krater is definitely bundle material like almost everything else Fatshark has made.

#12503 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi guys, all the YDKJ hype made me wonder what other games besides YDKJ and Mafia are not available anymore on the Steam Store but accesible through other sources like Amazon, etc?

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#12504 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi guys, all the YDKJ hype made me wonder what other games besides YDKJ and Mafia are not available anymore on the Steam Store but accesible through other sources like Amazon, etc?

YDKJ is still on the Steam store, its just people want to get anything THQ related to be safe.

#12505 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

YDKJ is still on the Steam store, its just people want to get anything THQ related to be safe.

Thanks for the answer, so that must be another region restricted game for my list, lol. And what about Mafia? That for sure is not available on any store, right? Are there games like that that can be bought from other sources? Like wolfenstein for example, do you know where can I get a copy? :)

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#12506 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the answer, so that must be another region restricted game for my list, lol. And what about Mafia? That for sure is not available on any store, right? Are there games like that that can be bought from other sources? Like wolfenstein for example, do you know where can I get a copy? :)

Yeah Mafia was removed from the Steam store. I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll find Wolfenstein anywhere unless you find someone with an extra gift copy. I know Prey can be activated on Steam if you buy a retail boxed copy. Not sure what else can be found from other retailers, sorry.

#12507 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

[Removed for Error]

Edited by Syntax Error, 15 January 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#12508 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Hrm, the description doesn't say Steam but I know the copy I have from GamersGate was a Steam key.

Sweet might have to check that out!

#12509 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Hrm, the description doesn't say Steam but I know the copy I have from GamersGate was a Steam key. Amazon version has people saying it's not Steam either. Maybe they ran out of Steam keys and now it's stand-alone?

Wow, really? I didn't think it came with a Steam key. When did you buy it?

#12510 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Looking at the Steam users forums, it appears that there aren't any "Steam redeemable keys" being distributed, so it's probably not Steam any more if it used to be. :(