Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12691 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Oh and since I think I saw it in a bundle somewhere a little while ago, I remember that Majesty 2 is also a really fun game. It's not too hard but the gameplay is quite unique. You build a town where you can hire heroes. You can't control the heroes directly, but only indirectly through putting bounties on something you want done (like slaying a monster or exploring an area). They will spend the loot they find in your shops for better armor, potions, etc. It's really quite enjoyable.

I LOVED Majesty 2 and put around 20 hours into it (a big contribution for me) but got massively stuck late on in the campaign. I had the choice of taking on either Region A or Region B, both stupidly hard, and just couldn't make any progress. I even YouTubed a few help videos to see where I was going wrong.

It's a really fun game but the difficulty ramped up too much for me to handle late on. But for a dollar or two (which I think is what it's going for in the Steam Trade thread) it's well worth it.

The cheesy Sean Connery ripoff voiceover man just makes it that little bit better.

#12692 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Last day to Kickstart Legends of Dawn. You can also help Greenlight it on Steam. I've done both, already. :)

#12693 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Last day to Kickstart Legends of Dawn. You can also help Greenlight it on Steam. I've done both, already. :)

Likewise. I made a joke earlier about only doing it because they had the foresight to put an attractive Croatian woman in their video but I really do think it looks like it has promise. My first time contributing to Kickstart anything so we'll see how it goes.

#12694 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Oh and since I think I saw it in a bundle somewhere a little while ago, I remember that Majesty 2 is also a really fun game. It's not too hard but the gameplay is quite unique. You build a town where you can hire heroes. You can't control the heroes directly, but only indirectly through putting bounties on something you want done (like slaying a monster or exploring an area). They will spend the loot they find in your shops for better armor, potions, etc. It's really quite enjoyable.

It was in the Paradox mini bundle Amazon had. I bought it mostly for the CK2 DLC, but the games were of interest too.

Is the first Majesty game worth playing, or should I just skip it and play 2?
Posted Image

#12695 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Likewise. I made a joke earlier about only doing it because they had the foresight to put an attractive Croatian woman in their video but I really do think it looks like it has promise. My first time contributing to Kickstart anything so we'll see how it goes.

Haha, same here and exactly same reasoning and position. The entire presentation of the game, gameplay and marketing all seemed, for a lack of a better word, 'attractive' to me. The game fits in with some of my preferred genres and it looks to likely be greenlit soon. I'm actually pretty excited that they're moving on pretty fast with their stretch goals.

#12696 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I LOVED Majesty 2 and put around 20 hours into it (a big contribution for me) but got massively stuck late on in the campaign. I had the choice of taking on either Region A or Region B, both stupidly hard, and just couldn't make any progress. I even YouTubed a few help videos to see where I was going wrong.

It's a really fun game but the difficulty ramped up too much for me to handle late on. But for a dollar or two (which I think is what it's going for in the Steam Trade thread) it's well worth it.

The cheesy Sean Connery ripoff voiceover man just makes it that little bit better.

It was in the Paradox mini bundle Amazon had. I bought it mostly for the CK2 DLC, but the games were of interest too.

Is the first Majesty game worth playing, or should I just skip it and play 2?

I just tried Majesty Gold again and I got pounded on a beginner's mission. That game is harder than 2 haha. It's kinda hard to find out the stuff you need in that old game. I will try it again when I have more time to figure it all out though.

Majesty 2 is definitely friendlier :P so you can go right ahead and start with that anyway. I don't think there's much to be lost story-wise and if you like it and don't mind the old graphics (I kinda like them for their nostagic feeling myself) you can always try that later.

#12697 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Weekend deal goes live in an hour, my prediction - Killing Floor free weekend!!!!! (Well I honestly just want the DLC on sale, but I don't really expect this to happen)

#12698 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Guys, do you where we can get this?:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9460

#12699 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'll ask here since I didn't see a GOG thread.

Leisure Suit Larry 2-6 worth $9.99? I'm figuring on grabbing the remake of the original, but I'm wondering if I should get the four sequels.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#12700 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Looks like the Indie Gala Magicka bundle added "Home". On a side note, Steam has been acting really weird and slow for this morning, so it took me a while to realize I already owned it :D

#12701 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I could not get in to that game. I preferred Homefront.

#12702 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'll ask here since I didn't see a GOG thread.

Here you go: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=323180

#12703 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I could not get in to that game. I preferred Homefront.

Yikes! Homefront is the best bad SP shooter campaign I've played. Or is that the worst good...

#12704 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Is it me or is Steam being really slow? I can't tell if it is my net or not being wonky atm since it has been a bit odd today so far too

#12705 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Steam is having a stroke, yes. Guess they're still having issues from last night that they only managed to temporarily calm down.

#12706 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Magica and Anno 2070...

Guardian_owl.png

#12707 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Jeez, I joked about it early in the week when Sanctum had it's midweek madness, but of course Steam heard my joke and made Magicka the weekend deal. Can they just both be permently at the price point they are at now?

#12708 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Odd how it doesn't say I own it, which I do.

#12709 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

ZOMG MAGICKA! That never goe... aw, screw it. I can't even joke about it anymore. At this point the disappointment at seeing it is like Steam kicking my puppy.

#12710 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I really want Anno just not at that price. Damn the CAG in me.

#12711 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I will say this, the free weekend to go along with 75% off Magicka is not as common, so that is a plus. Outside of that, it's a little annoying sometimes to see so many Steam sales overlap with bundles. I mean, I know both Steam and the publishers have enough awareness to know a game is currently running in a bundle, so I don't know why they insist on putting it as a daily/weekend/etc. during that time.

Maybe their math backs it up though since bundles will always be more expensive (outside of IG HH) than any individual game.

#12712 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Odd how it doesn't say I own it, which I do.

The top right probably says " 's account " and thus isn't pulling all of the information it should be. Steam has been buckling for a couple hours now and with the turn of the deal only made things worse.

#12713 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

That isn't true, or at least not for all games. I remember when Civ 5 came out, people would play it on LAN doing exactly that with 1 Steam account. The devs were a bit pissed about it because you are obviously not suppose to do it and but from what I recall nothing ultimately came of it.

This didn't work for me when I tried. Maybe they patched it out. I personally think you should only ever need to buy 1 license of a game to be used in a single household. Blizzard have made my life miserable with all the restrictions in their recent games.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#12714 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I really want Anno just not at that price. Damn the CAG in me.

I really want Anno and would buy at that price if it weren't for the stupid tages.

#12715 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

The top right probably says " 's account " and thus isn't pulling all of the information it should be. Steam has been buckling for a couple hours now and with the turn of the deal only made things worse.

Nope, I'm logged in on my browser. I had to double check my library and it's still there, but is missing the TM's in the name. Maybe that's why it doesn't show up. No big deal, just odd.

#12716 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I really want Anno and would buy at that price if it weren't for the stupid tages.

Doesn't this require uplay as well ?
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#12717 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Today's daily deal is Governor of Poker 2 - Premium Edition $19.99 $4.99

And wouldn't you know it, I bought it on the final day of the Holiday sale when it was 50% off. Because you know, it'll never be more than 50% off.

#12718 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Anyone have an opinion on Governor of Poker?

#12719 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I hear The End bought it at 50% off.

Steam is having a stroke, yes. Guess they're still having issues from last night that they only managed to temporarily calm down.

What happened last night?

#12720 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I played the online version of the first one and it was just a poker game. I'm not too big on those.

http://www.bigfishga...er-2/index.html

Free one hour trial of Part 2 there though to try it out yourself.