Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12721 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

The top right probably says " 's account " and thus isn't pulling all of the information it should be. Steam has been buckling for a couple hours now and with the turn of the deal only made things worse.

Yeah I noticed this too when I got a lot of PMs and emails from people asking why Enhanced Steam wasn't working.

I'm also sad to see Magicka as the weekend deal, but I honestly wasn't expecting much. I bet they'll sell quite a few, despite it being in the current Indie Gala.

#12722 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I really want Anno just not at that price. Damn the CAG in me.

Yeah, I almost bought it when Amazon had it for $20 plus the $5 Ubi coupon but just forgot to do it. I can't justify $20 for it... I could barely justify $15.

#12723 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Magicka's Jolnirs Workshop is free, for a limited time I think.

#12724 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Magicka's Jolnirs Workshop is free, for a limited time I think.

I bet that this one is going to end up in the IndieGala bundle as well...

#12725 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

What happened last night?

No idea. I don't usually bother looking things up as to why for most things. All I remember is that it was spotty last night for an hour or two. Tried playing Borderlands 2 with some friends and Steam kept going in and out.

#12726 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I will say this, the free weekend to go along with 75% off Magicka is not as common, so that is a plus. Outside of that, it's a little annoying sometimes to see so many Steam sales overlap with bundles. I mean, I know both Steam and the publishers have enough awareness to know a game is currently running in a bundle, so I don't know why they insist on putting it as a daily/weekend/etc. during that time.

Maybe their math backs it up though since bundles will always be more expensive (outside of IG HH) than any individual game.

My theory is on games like this they are doing it to sell DLC. They know everyone probably just got it from the bundle and everyone's wallets are hurting a bit from the holidays so hey why not put this on sale since a bunch of people just got it and see if we can get those people with hurting wallets do smaller transactions for DLC.

#12727 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I almost bought it when Amazon had it for $20 plus the $5 Ubi coupon but just forgot to do it. I can't justify $20 for it... I could barely justify $15.

Yup $9.99 is where I would think about it but even then I might wait for $7.49

#12728 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Anyone have an opinion on Governor of Poker?

My opinion is that it was one of the stupidest purchases that I've ever made on steam. I don't even know how to play Poker, for Christ's sake, and I spent $10 on the stupid game. Add to that, the fact that less than 2 hours after I bought Governor of Poker, I managed to snag Sleeping Dogs and most of it's DLC for less than I paid for GoP. And now having it show up less than 2 weeks later for half of what I paid for it...

Dumb.

#12729 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting their STEAM client to log in. Just switched to my laptop from my desktop and now I can't log in.

#12730 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Even better

Spoiler

I have that on a t-shirt :D

Sigh. Magicka again.

Also, the Steam client has been really annoying me lately. It keeps freezing and/or signing me on/off multiple times in rapid succession. At first I thought that was because of my internet, but now I'm pretty sure I can blame Steam itself.

Stop it, Steam. Or I'll have to send you to your room with no dinner!

#12731 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Apparently, they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

http://forums.steamp...41&postcount=10

#12732 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I've been playing Governor of Poker for the last 20 minutes and... it's alright, actually.

There's some kind of storyline to it, you'll have to "work your way up the ranks" and so on in order to take over the town, but hey it's poker. If you have zero interest in poker it's probably not for you. If you want to learn how to play but don't have a clue where to start, this might be a good call (if you don't have Poker Night At The Inventory).

There's a few nice visual prompts and it walks you through the hands quite easily, it's certainly not the worst game I've played this year.

I note that there's a "vanilla" version which is only £1.99, it lacks a few extra towns/characters etc. though.

#12733 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

There sure are a lot of Front Mission Evolved giveaways suddenly on Steamgifts... any idea if it's free or ridiculously cheap somewhere?

#12734 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I've been playing Governor of Poker for the last 20 minutes and... it's alright, actually.

There's some kind of storyline to it, you'll have to "work your way up the ranks" and so on in order to take over the town, but hey it's poker. If you have zero interest in poker it's probably not for you. If you want to learn how to play but don't have a clue where to start, this might be a good call (if you don't have Poker Night At The Inventory).

There's a few nice visual prompts and it walks you through the hands quite easily, it's certainly not the worst game I've played this year.

I note that there's a "vanilla" version which is only £1.99, it lacks a few extra towns/characters etc. though.

So, in your opinion is Poker Night better then Governor of Poker? I can play poker ok & the storyline to it sounds neat.

#12735 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

There sure are a lot of Front Mission Evolved giveaways suddenly on Steamgifts... any idea if it's free or ridiculously cheap somewhere?

It was on sale some days ago, on amazon I think

#12736 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Looks like the Indie Gala Magicka bundle added "Home". On a side note, Steam has been acting really weird and slow for this morning, so it took me a while to realize I already owned it :D

Ahww what? That game is totally worthless :( I bought it last sale and it was Bo-o-o-o-o-ring.

#12737 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

So, in your opinion is Poker Night better then Governor of Poker? I can play poker ok & the storyline to it sounds neat.

Poker Night is basically just a series of games. You play a game, you might get a chance to get an achievement or win a TF2 item from an opponent, but that's kinda it. It's got more character to it, but in terms of depth there's not much there.

There ain't much depth to Governor either, from what little I've seen, but at least there's a point to it. And it involves hats.

asheskitty has just purchased Governor of Poker 2: Premium Edition

#12738 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

It was on sale some days ago, on amazon I think

Really? Huh.. don't know how I missed that one.. thanks!

#12739 indef

indef

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Just played an hour of the Governor of Poker 2 demo. It's not bad, has some interesting mechanics such as showing your cards after a bluff, opponent AI going "on tilt." Cutesy little in-game tracking achievements, some odd town management real estate stuff...you can buy town buildings with your winnings and then use them as chips in the poker games if you run short on cash.

And there are hat stores.

Probably will convince myself to buy this before the night is over.

#12740 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

OP Updated with weekend deal.

#12741 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

At a certain point they just need to give Magicka away for free and stop selling it so it doesn't take up a perfectly good sale slot.

#12742 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Ahww what? That game is totally worthless :( I bought it last sale and it was Bo-o-o-o-o-ring.

I will provide a counterpoint and say that I thought home was a delightfully eerie narrative experience. It's a short adventure game with various choices you can make that alter what's actually happening in the story, like a choose your own adventure novel. It's creepy and sticks with you for awhile after finishing it.

It's also only two hours long, tops, and obviously is not for everybody.

#12743 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

This is new.

Spoiler

#12744 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

This is new.

Spoiler

It even has the GamersGate color scheme.

#12745 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

This is new.

Spoiler

Oooh, that's cool. Gonna put my primo pdf to good use. I assume PDF would be a format they would take.

#12746 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Where all the Home giveaways on SG coming from?
Posted Image

#12747 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Where all the Home giveaways on SG coming from?

Indie Gala "unlocked" it in their Magicka bundle

#12748 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Oooh, that's cool. Gonna put my primo pdf to good use. I assume PDF would be a format they would take.

This is what you're redirected to when you click on "Click For Details".

Spoiler

I'm sure Pimia Guides is really loving this new feature.

#12749 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I go to gamefaqs for all of my guides, but its nice to see a "free" guide feature on Steam. I prefer user guides to Prima guides anyway.

#12750 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

sonic all stars racing: unleashed is getting 3 PC exclusive characters

- the heavy from tf2
- football manager guy
- samurai from shogun 2

sega has been great in supporting steam and the pc market, i'm really impressed with them the last few years

Hand__Of__God.png