Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12811 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Is there really a point to getting DR2 and DR2 OTR? Isn't OTR the same as DR2 but with a bunch of extras?

You play as a different character and the story is different as a result. That's pretty much it as far as I know (though feel free to correct me anyone). From what I've read, OTR is the superior game.

Also really tempted by Lost Planet 2, :/ but man I wish GMG had the first lost planet. It's the superior game IMO.

#12812 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Is there really a point to getting DR2 and DR2 OTR? Isn't OTR the same as DR2 but with a bunch of extras?

They're different games with different story lines. I liked OTR better, as it doesn't have the time restrictions that DR2 had. Both are pretty solid though.

#12813 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

They're different games with different story lines. I liked OTR better, as it doesn't have the time restrictions that DR2 had. Both are pretty solid though.

Oh that's tempting. I like the no time restriction. That always annoyed me.

#12814 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Now I wish I didn't pick up Dark Void Zero. Didn't notice it used securom ._.

Edit: Today's daily deal is Gateways - 66% off ($1.69)

Edited by dbolt, 18 January 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#12815 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Alt-Tabbing can be a pain but, for me, I just use my tablet to look stuff up when I don't want to risk tabbing out. And a lot of games (at least the ones I play) have pretty detailed Wikis with pictures, maps, etc.

I like the games that have their own Wikia pages, but they're so loaded with adcrap that accessing them in the Steam overlay browser can be a chore. Having extra RAM helps.

a way to get my Civ II fix when playing the game was impractical.

Like in the throne room, amirite?

I have four shelves of my bookshelf in the gameroom stacked with strategy guides... And I have no idea why. I collect them and rarely ever use them. Le sigh.

+1
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12816 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Def in for Lost Planet 2 at GMG. $8 is the lowest it's been for a Steam copy.

#12817 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Any opinions on Gateways? Reading through the game's Steam discussion boards, it seems to be a decent puzzle platformer. Downloading the demo now to see if I should bite.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12818 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Any opinions on Gateways?

Never really cared for 'em or their cow motif.

Spoiler

#12819 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Anyone having a problem with the Steam client crashing after the update yesterday?

#12820 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Anyone having a problem with the Steam client crashing after the update yesterday?

Not crashing, but was suffering from some serious narcolepsy when trying to activate some keys.

#12821 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Edit: Today's daily deal is Gateways - 66% off ($1.69)

I was so close to buying it with my credit until I looked at the Steam game page and saw the Steam Enhanced red warning bar. Bummer.

#12822 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Lost Planet 2 isn't worth it.

DR2 OTR changes the story, makes the game easier, cuts one of the better bosses, includes a sandbox mode and minigames.

#12823 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

FWIW, the other game by the Gateways dev is Adventures of Shuggy, which is a solid platformer but has been on sale a few times, in bundles, and free on IGN Prime.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12824 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Mine is A-ok. ...and running on a laptop
Posted Image

#12825 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Not sure if posted here but looks like Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC is finally hitting PC on Feb 5th.

#12826 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Dark Void Zero uses Securom!?

Any opinions on Gateways? Reading through the game's Steam discussion boards, it seems to be a decent puzzle platformer. Downloading the demo now to see if I should bite.

I played the demo this week and didn't enjoy it. It does eventually get to shrinking mechanics, but it's quite Portal: The Flash Version. I didn't like the movement and jumping feel of this, or Shuggy's either for that matter.

Edit: HA! GMG's base price for LP2 is $40 dollars! $40! Not this time, Capcom.

#12827 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Dark Void Zero uses Securom!?

Yeah I noticed that too (via the big red warning bar from Enhanced Steam). I got it anyway, since I had the GMG credit. Maybe it'll get patched out some day ;)

#12828 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah I noticed that too (via the big red warning bar from Enhanced Steam). I got it anyway, since I had the GMG credit. Maybe it'll get patched out some day ;)

It's worth a play for a buck, DRM or not. I played it through Void, just found out that's over!

#12829 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Not crashing, but was suffering from some serious narcolepsy when trying to activate some keys.

Got a scare a while ago. I activated Lost PLanet 2 key in steam but it didnt show in my game list. Had to restart steam twice before it showed up.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#12830 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

You play as a different character and the story is different as a result. That's pretty much it as far as I know (though feel free to correct me anyone). From what I've read, OTR is the superior game.

First, there are still time limits on the missions, and if you miss the key missions, you still fail the game and have to reload. It happened to me and a friend several times. jshackles might be referring to the fact that there is no overall 72-hour time limit, but that was really more of an end-game timer because if you didn't do the key missions within their specified timeframes in DR2, you still failed the game and the overall time limit didn't matter. I can't confirm or deny that DR2 OTR doesn't have the 72-hour time limit, though, as I don't remember.

Second, I played the SHIT out of DR2, and went into OTR hoping the story would be different. I am about a third of the way through and the story is basically identical to DR2, with even the exact same cutscene dialogue from characters who are not Chuck/Frank. So far, I have done the same things, fought the same bosses, in the same order as DR2. They are even in the same fuckin places (survivors who must be rescued are in the same places as well). I was really disappointed by that.

I liked DR2 better, at least so far, because it felt more insidious than OTR, which has more levity. Not to say that DR2 isn't silly, because it purposefully is, but it is also a very violent game with some seriously evil bastards in it. OTR feels a lot more like a romp, and tonally I just preferred DR2.

#12831 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

First, there are still time limits on the missions, and if you miss the key missions, you still fail the game and have to reload. It happened to me and a friend several times. jshackles might be referring to the fact that there is no overall 72-hour time limit, but that was really more of an end-game timer because if you didn't do the key missions within their specified timeframes in DR2, you still failed the game and the overall time limit didn't matter. I can't confirm or deny that DR2 OTR doesn't have the 72-hour time limit, though, as I don't remember.

I was referring to the addition of the "sandbox" mode they added to DR2 OTR, where you are free to explore, not worry about missions, and just have fun bashing zombies endlessly. I never completed the missions in DR2: OTR, but I probably put 10-15 hours into sandbox mode on the Xbox 360 version.

#12832 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

does anyone want to play "Titan quest gold" on steam ?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#12833 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

does anyone want to play "Titan quest gold" on steam ?

Sure. Buy me the gold part ;)

#12834 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Spoiler
asheskitty has just purchased Governor of Poker 2: Premium Edition

I bought what?!? I feel a step closer to admitting that I have a problem. :joystick:

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12835 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Bought Lego LOTR. I really did not want to buy it yet but my fucking friend was saying how he likes it and it was $8.16 on GMG. I will get to it sometime.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12836 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Sure. Buy me the gold part ;)

ok
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#12837 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

The only guide I've ever bought was for FFTactics & it was very helpful.

I think that game would be impossible to 100% without resorting to a guide, lol. Deep Dungeon...

In for $8 Lost Planet 2, if only to continue to story from the first game. Still cheaper than console!

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12838 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Bought Lego LOTR. I really did not want to buy it yet but my fucking friend was saying how he likes it and it was $8.16 on GMG. I will get to it sometime.

If you're a fan of the Lego games and of LOTR, it's hard to go wrong with that one. I've put 25 hours into it and still only at about 75% completion. For $8 it's a steal.

#12839 2rani

2rani

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

http://postimage.org/image/misorqzjh/

CS:GO just 89,99€ right now! Get it while you can!

#12840 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Any opinions on SF4:AE at $8??? On GMG

Last SF I played was on the PS2... I think it Was Alfa or Zero (correct me if I'm wrong)... and I can't remember those being great... but I loved SF2 on SNES