Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12871 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Not if you get the special edition. It's much much much easier than the original DMC3. I raced through DMC3 so I could lead right into DMC4, and oops, it's a prequel. It's still definitely worth playing.

More easier? That can't be right - Try Dante must die difficulty then come back to me :)

#12872 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Like in the throne room, amirite?

Never really cared for 'em or their cow motif.

Spoiler

I see what both of you did there.

Not sure if posted here but looks like Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC is finally hitting PC on Feb 5th.

It's about time. I don't even know what it entails, nor will I buy it without a heavy discount, but it just feels like it's been forever since the XBox exclusive release.

Bought Lego LOTR. I really did not want to buy it yet but my fucking friend was saying how he likes it and it was $8.16 on GMG. I will get to it sometime.

I grabbed this, too, for my wife. Had a $2 referral credit, so $6.16 out of pocket. From what I've seen, the level of humor in the LEGO Popular Franchise series of games has been top-notch, and she's a LotR fan. Looking forward to co-op play.

#12873 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

I have too big of a backlog. Can you guys help a fellow CAG out by deciding which game I should play?

http://steamcommunit...ShufflinZombie/

Portal 1 is probably about 3-4 hours
Spec OPs the Line is 5-7 depending on what difficulty and if you scour for all the intel items collectibles, I notice you started it, keep with it, it gets amazing at the 2 hour mark or so.
Just Cause 2 is fairly long but hella fun (18-20 hours for main story missions, 80+ hours to get all the collectables and free all the villages/towns/cities.

I'd say go with one of those.

Wasn't DMC 3 one of the most difficult games of all times? I only played DMC 2 back then (don't know if a bad game, only played an hour or so and was VERY boring)... and just bought DMC 4 from GMG... that one is GREAT. I should try DMC 3 after ;)

Original DMC3 was hard, DMC3: SE made things a lot easier/less tedious. Original DMC3 was kinda Demon's Souls hard, difficult to get going but once you get past the first boss and get your second weapon the difficulty curve starts to ramp down.

Edited by guardian_owl, 19 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Guardian_owl.png

#12874 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Anybody know how to create an appmanifest file? I forgot mine on another computer, and now my game wants to redownload.

I might just fork over 20$ for Sacred 2 Gold.

And BTW, Soldak is a treasure trove of goodies. I'm interested in a game called Drox Operative. and then Din's Curse popped up to. Cool developer.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 19 January 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#12875 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Anybody know how to create an appmanifest file? I forgot mine on another computer, and now my game wants to redownload.

What game?

#12876 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

More easier? That can't be right - Try Dante must die difficulty then come back to me :)

The Special Edition had its difficulty levels lowered. Easy Mode in DMC3 is Normal Mode in DMC3:SE, etc., etc. Hard Mode is "Very Hard Mode". So yes, DMC:SE is easier than DMC3. I'd imagine since he's concerned with the game being difficult, he be won't playing on the hardest difficulty level.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#12877 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Just Cause 2 is fairly long but hella fun (18-20 hours for main story missions, 80+ hours to get all the collectables and free all the villages/towns/cities.

Wait, people finish Just Cause 2? I assumed everyone played about four missions and then started just lashing cars to helicopters and going on fire truck rampages through the city.

#12878 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Does anyone know when Terraria could have another price drop? I was going to buy it but a friend of mine told me that it was $5 not so long ago and it even hit $2.50 as well but now it costs $10 and I am not sure if it is worth the $10. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask ):

#12879 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I have too big of a backlog. Can you guys help a fellow CAG out by deciding which game I should play?

http://steamcommunit...ShufflinZombie/

Spec Ops: The Line
Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row: The Third
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: Human Rev
Batman AA + AC
Half-Life series
Borderlands

#12880 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Sleeping Dogs
The Witcher 2
Batman AA + AC
Half-Life series
Borderlands

I'd definitely throw some palate cleansers in the mix there. 7 third person shooter/action games in a row and you'll never want to play one again.

#12881 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'd definitely throw some palate cleansers in the mix there. 7 third person shooter/action games in a row and you'll never want to play one again.

Add to that list:
Skyrim
Driver: San Fran
Portal
Bully

#12882 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Does anyone know when Terraria could have another price drop? I was going to buy it but a friend of mine told me that it was $5 not so long ago and it even hit $2.50 as well but now it costs $10 and I am not sure if it is worth the $10. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask ):

It's not on sale right now, so it's $10. Steam puts things on sale all the time (every day, one game goes on sale) so the next time it's on sale it'll be either 50% or 75% off, possibly more. I would say that if you can wait, try to wait until then.

I'll also say that I've played it almost 90 hours, so even at $10 it's a pretty good deal.

#12883 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Don't think it's been posted in here. Gametap has Hitman: Absolution for $17
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336555

#12884 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Don't think it's been posted in here. Gametap has Hitman: Absolution for $17
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336555

Not saying it's a bad deal, but Gametap isn't what it used to be.

Gametap currently holds an 'F' rating—the most negative rating available—from the Better Business Bureau of Metro Atlanta.[11]

#12885 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

^ The BBB is a joke, which is not to say that Gametap has its own serious issues and awful customer service.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12886 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

It's not on sale right now, so it's $10. Steam puts things on sale all the time (every day, one game goes on sale) so the next time it's on sale it'll be either 50% or 75% off, possibly more. I would say that if you can wait, try to wait until then.

I'll also say that I've played it almost 90 hours, so even at $10 it's a pretty good deal.

I have nearly 170 hours in the game thanks to playing it forever solo and then starting anew in co-op with my wife. It's an easy way to lose an entire weekend with a "one more turn" ("one more mining run") mentality.

The recent console release added content. If you're willing to go full price, you might consider getting it on PSN or XBL for that reason. I haven't heard of any plans to add the new stuff to the PC version. That said, if that were done, it's quite likely it would go on sale at that time as a promotion.

#12887 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the info guys (: I didn't know that about the steam prices deals. I will probably wait a little for, hopefully, a 50 off discount (: By the way, Is there an official release date for the console version already? I read March but I am not sure :/

#12888 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oh, you're right. I thought the console releases for Terraria had already occurred. Looks like they're saying "as early as the end of February" now.

But I agree with the decision to wait.

Daily Deal is Stealth Bastard Deluxe, 50% off. $4.99 or $6.49 with soundtrack.

#12889 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Today's deal is Stealth Bastard Deluxe at 50% off ($4.99 or $6.49 with soundtrack)

Stealth games are awesome. Hiding from The Man, skulking in shadows, the thrill of infiltration. But why do they have to be so... slow? That was the question that spawned Stealth Bastard, the fast-paced, nail-biting antidote to tippy-toed sneaking simulators that the world had so desperately been craving.
Genre: Action, Indie, Platformer

#12890 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Today's deal is Stealth Bastard Deluxe at 50% off ($4.99 or $6.49 with soundtrack)

Stealth games are awesome. Hiding from The Man, skulking in shadows, the thrill of infiltration. But why do they have to be so... slow? That was the question that spawned Stealth Bastard, the fast-paced, nail-biting antidote to tippy-toed sneaking simulators that the world had so desperately been craving.
Genre: Action, Indie, Platformer

I want this game bad but fear it being in a bundle

#12891 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

What game?

The Secret World. I just grabbed the main "The Secret World" folder and forgot the appmanifest file.

Huh. Seems I got it to work. I grabbed another appmanifest file, changed appd numbers, install folder, changed state flags to 4 and zeored other fields like download/install size. Deleted the appupdatestats.blob, and now it shows as installed. Just need to copy over the files. Sinister it worked.

Addictive games like Terraria: Minecraft, The Sims 3, New Vegas, X2 even though i have to still play it. I will find more!
I'd say that Terraria is basically a metroidvania with some awesome Diablo like qualities. cool link on metroidvanias: http://www.411mania....vania-Games.htm

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 19 January 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#12892 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Stealth Bastard Deluxe is really good. I say go for it.
Posted Image

#12893 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Looks like happy hour is currently running on Indiegala, no clue how much longer as they tweeted it was ending 15 minutes ago.

#12894 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I've been working on those games that you all suggested while eating thin mints. Onomonom

#12895 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I've been working on those games that you all suggested while eating thin mints. Onomonom

A civilized person would cleanse their pallet with sorbet between courses. In the states they often refer to it as intermezzo (from Italian). Maybe my expectations were too high for a zombie. ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12896 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Not if you get the special edition. It's much much much easier than the original DMC3. I raced through DMC3 so I could lead right into DMC4, and oops, it's a prequel. It's still definitely worth playing.

Since Devil May Cry 3 (Original Version) is on Steam, I guess this qualifies as in-topic discussion. The original DMC3 had Japan's "Hard Mode" set as the International's "Medium." Thus, it was recommended by many, at the time, to die enough times to trigger the option to downgrade the difficulty. I'm guessing that the Special Edition fixed that, having the actual difficulties coincide with their in-game designations.

As enjoyable as I found DMC3, I still regard the first game as the best. That's my opinion, though.

#12897 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

A civilized person would cleanse their pallet with sorbet between courses. In the states they often refer to it as intermezzo (from Italian). Maybe my expectations were too high for a zombie. ^_~

I prefer watermelon. ;)

#12898 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

This is how I imagined you as I read that ;P

#12899 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Sleeping Dogs
The Witcher 2
Batman AA + AC
Half-Life series
Borderlands

I like to play some of the older ones first. That way I'm not disappointed by graphics/gameplay. Try Portal, Half-Life Series, Batman AA.

If you want just plain fun, try SRTT.

#12900 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

What's sorbet? I honestly have never heard of it.