Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12961 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

This is kind of OT but it deals with gamer stereotypes.
Some intelligent girl scouts set up a cookie stand outside of my local gamestop. Business is booming.

#12962 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

AirBuccaneers did not impress me at all. It has hardly changed since it was a free UT2k4 mod and the novelty has long since worn off. If you haven't played it before it's worth a brief play but I wouldn't pay for it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#12963 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the recommend on the Stealth Bastard free version. For anyone on the fence it made up my mind, even though the deal is over. Its a puzzle platformer with some neat stealth elements. Not worth the price as is imoho.

#12964 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm thinking of reporting this thread title to the ASA. It's Sunday, and I'm still not feeling tingly.

Would a "Hello Kitty" flashlight mod for Alan Wake make you feel better?

#12965 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

What is wrong with me. I read that as fleshlight mod for Alan Wake...sigh

#12966 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'm thinking of reporting this thread title to the ASA. It's Sunday, and I'm still not feeling tingly.

I would just like to confirm that I'm feeling tingly*!

* - of course it could be the whole "getting kicked in the balls at football"' thing but it's probably Magicka

#12967 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Don't worry; I read it the same way :lol:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#12968 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Didn't help that in my video preview screencap, he's looking down...

It's a fleshlight flashlight!

elessar123.png

#12969 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Alan Wake has had a very difficult night. Don't judge him.

#12970 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

This goes perfectly with the still chosen for the vid linked by EliotAndrews... :applause:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#12971 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Don't worry; I read it the same way :lol:

Glad to see I'm not the only one lol

This goes perfectly with the still chosen for the vid linked by EliotAndrews... :applause:

LOL it really does which makes it even better.

#12972 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

If no one else is going to say it then I suppose it's up to me.

Alan Wank

#12973 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

If no one else is going to say it then I suppose it's up to me.

Alan Wank

Alan Wank: Morning After Nightmare

#12974 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

According to Steam, I've spent five hours on Sleeping Dogs this weekend. Good god this is a fantastic game. I love open-world GTA-ish games (favourite game of last year (that I actually played) was Saints Row: The Third) so I'm absolutely loving it.

It looks gorgeous, has tons to do, and most importantly it's fun to play. I'm really, really digging it.

I think there's some cheap copies ($10?) kicking around in the Steam Trade thread. If you're at a loss for things to play and fancy scratching that GTA itch, buy it.

Agreed, fantastic game. Has the best mechanics (Driving, fighting, shooting, running) of any open world games of its ilk yet. My only complaint is the story crashes pretty hard at the end. No spoilers, but it's disappointing.

#12975 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I posted here recently about bad Sims 3 performance. Well I tested it out on a totally different system, a laptop made in the last year, and it still is almost identical in performance. Laggy, stuttery, long load times, and micro freezes which sometime turn into full blown freezes. Ghost Hunter Profession is also semi borked. Disappointing.

#12976 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Thanks for the recommend on the Stealth Bastard free version. For anyone on the fence it made up my mind, even though the deal is over. Its a puzzle platformer with some neat stealth elements. Not worth the price as is imoho.

I must have missed the original post but when I saw yours I decided to try the free version as well. So far it is quite good but I seem to take much longer than most to figure out a level. $10 seems a bit high and I'm not sure I would have bought it at 50% off either so free to try is fine for now.

Edit - Just found the original recommendation from Corpekata so thanks from me too!

#12977 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

According to Steam, I've spent five hours on Sleeping Dogs this weekend. Good god this is a fantastic game. I love open-world GTA-ish games (favourite game of last year (that I actually played) was Saints Row: The Third) so I'm absolutely loving it.

It looks gorgeous, has tons to do, and most importantly it's fun to play. I'm really, really digging it.

I think there's some cheap copies ($10?) kicking around in the Steam Trade thread. If you're at a loss for things to play and fancy scratching that GTA itch, buy it.

Sleeping Dogs is in my top 5 games of last year, maybe even top 3. It's a GTA like game, yes, but it does things right. The world they created and story feels like GTA caliber to me and the combat is great. The game feels like an Asian action movie too at times which is great. Overall just a fantastic game. I can't recommend it enough. Plus it has horrible Asian rap music, what's not to love, lol?

I paid $36 for it, and well I feel it's a $60 level of game.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12978 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

I posted here recently about bad Sims 3 performance. Well I tested it out on a totally different system, a laptop made in the last year, and it still is almost identical in performance. Laggy, stuttery, long load times, and micro freezes which sometime turn into full blown freezes. Ghost Hunter Profession is also semi borked. Disappointing.

I've been playing the past couple days with no issues. I'm on an i5 3570k, 16gb ram, gtx 650 ti. I actually never had issues running it on my old system either. Core 2 quad q8200, 6gb ram, radeon hd 4650. Couldn't tell you what it may be.

#12979 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Alan Wank: Morning After Nightmare

"I assumed all traces of my dextrous details had been flushed along with the water, but a few droplets of afterthought waited patiently on the rim for Alice..."
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#12980 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

I had that same problem with a couple systems, doubled the memory in them and it runs great now. :bouncy:

Alan Wank: The Fleshlight Chronicles

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#12981 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

LOL @ The Alan Wank jokes xD

Finally got arma2 - - still haven't got around to playing it yet...

Alan Wank - - Fleshlight and I

#12982 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Alan Wank - - Fleshlight and I

Anal Wink: The Sphincter

He uses a cell phone to find his way out of the Dark Place...

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,

#12983 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Anal Wink: The Sphincter

He uses a cell phone to find his way out of the Dark Place...

Anal Wart: The Curse of the Inflamed Browneye

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#12984 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Anal Wake: I Hope You Packed Galoshes

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12985 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

:lol:

Anal Weak's Another Rimmed Nightmare

I'm done.

Best,

#12986 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

I've been playing the past couple days with no issues. I'm on an i5 3570k, 16gb ram, gtx 650 ti. I actually never had issues running it on my old system either. Core 2 quad q8200, 6gb ram, radeon hd 4650. Couldn't tell you what it may be.

Huh, well thanks for the input. I am playing with every expansion pack minus any stuff packs. I have 8gig ram, 2.4Ghz i7m, 6700m. I might try verify the entire game as I've added expansions over many years and maybe it just needs a redo. I've also heard Bridgeport can be hard? Anyways. Last time I played was up till Late Night/Ambitions. I don't remember having any problems. Then I added all the rest during the Winter Sale and it turned sour.

#12987 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

Alan Wake Me When These Jokes Are Over. ;)

#12988 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

These jokes are a nightmare.

I'm hosting an Indie Gala Depths of Fear group buy. Please PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot.

#12989 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

http://store.steampo...com/app/228280/

whoa, of course they add baldur's gate enhanced AFTER the winter sale is over. hopefully, it is 75% off on the summer sale. $20 for such an old game just doesnt make sense. I am guessing a LOT(probably hundreds of thousands) of people will buy this @$5 so good move for them.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#12990 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Wow. Browneye lolirl.