Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#12991 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

:lol:

Anal Weak's Another Rimmed Nightmare

I'm done.

:shock:

#12992 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Well, following somewhat in THQ's footsteps, Atari US Operations File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. They just put Baldur's Gate on Steam, hopefully they're still around and selling it by the time the Summer sale comes around! Although maybe now it'll be the BTA on the latest Humble Bundle!(?)

Also the big THQ IP auction should be happening soon, so we'll probably know this week which game company buys what franchises.

#12993 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well, following somewhat in THQ's footsteps, Atari US Operations File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. They just put Baldur's Gate on Steam, hopefully they're still around and selling it by the time the Summer sale comes around! Although maybe now it'll be the BTA on the latest Humble Bundle!(?)

Also the big THQ IP auction should be happening soon, so we'll probably know this week which game company buys what franchises.

Nooooo! Atari had the rights to the Land of the Dead VG but they stopped selling it/supporting it period. Now it might be lost in the abyss forever.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12994 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

atari and thq should combine for a bankruptcy bundle. pay $1 and get every game they ever made.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#12995 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

atari and thq should combine for a bankruptcy bundle. pay $1 and get every game they ever made.

But I already own some of them!!!!! I'll give 67 cents. TOPS!!!!!! CAG's be CAG'ing lol

#12996 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Atari's Steam Games in case anyone was looking for a list. They've updated the article I linked and basically, Atari US is trying to free itself from debt from Atari France(?), but they expect to be operating normally going forward. Hard to say how it will turn out for them though, I really hope for the best.

#12997 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Alan Wake Me When These Jokes Are Over. ;)

You sir win the thread :)

We all already own every THQ game (Except MX vs ATV) and the only Atari games that look good are Riddick and Baldur's Gate...

But still, padding out the Steam catalogue - I'm sure one day it''ll save my life, get me a GF, cause the release of HF3 etc...

AND THE STEAM CALCULATOR SITE IS STILL DOWN!

#12998 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Already have Riddick and BG on GOG... and Riddick is free from that dastardly Tages on GOG. I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12999 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Nooooo! Atari had the rights to the Land of the Dead VG but they stopped selling it/supporting it period. Now it might be lost in the abyss forever.

I'd imagine by now the license to that expired, and Atari sinking would have no real effect in the matter.

#13000 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Anyone checked this site out yet?

http://www.galagiveaways.com/home

It's like steamgifts but slightly different. You start out with an amount of points based on how many games you have on steam (more games = more points... kinda weird but ok). And after spending those you can earn points by creating giveaways (or by doing nothing, but far less of course).

The fun of this is that you can set your own enter price. There's a formula that calculates the amount of points you gain, influenced by #of entries and price.

It's still far from optimal, needs more improvements but the community is growing and it's kinda fun giving away games there. Even if it's mostly bundle fodder for now.

#13001 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Spec Ops the Line is 5 bucks at Gamefly. Mainly mentioning it because that means Amazon might do one of their auto-pricematch things and make it free with the Editor's Choice coupons for a few hours if you're the type to keep an eye out for such things.

#13002 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Spec Ops the Line is 5 bucks at Gamefly. Mainly mentioning it because that means Amazon might do one of their auto-pricematch things and make it free with the Editor's Choice coupons for a few hours if you're the type to keep an eye out for such things.

I dont think they PM Gamefly

#13003 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Already have Riddick and BG on GOG... and Riddick is free from that dastardly Tages on GOG. I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Same here. And the GOG version of Riddick is even cheaper!

#13004 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I dont think they PM Gamefly

Not to mention that since it was already on sale this month, it isn't likely they'd do it again.
Posted Image

#13005 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Atari's Steam Games in case anyone was looking for a list. They've updated the article I linked and basically, Atari US is trying to free itself from debt from Atari France(?), but they expect to be operating normally going forward. Hard to say how it will turn out for them though, I really hope for the best.

Thanks for the head's up. Jake Nome helped me get the Act Of War games during the Holiday sale. So at this point, the only games that I really, really want from that list are Baldur's Gate & Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

I guess I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of other games on that list if things degenerate to the point that they have to do a firesale. But frankly, I could live without most of that. It's not quite the same caliber of games as THQ has/had in their catalog.

#13006 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

just glancing over that list i can see why they're going belly up

Hand__Of__God.png

#13007 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

maybe we will see an Atari humble bundle?
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#13008 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'd imagine by now the license to that expired, and Atari sinking would have no real effect in the matter.

Maybe not. I wondered about that. I'm assuming that's why they stopped selling it, but it's odd no one's taken the initiative to sell it digitally. I still have my boxed copy, but no clue how it would run on Windows 8.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13009 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

That'd be nice. We need Blade Kitten on sale :)

#13010 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

so amazon france is taking gtav preorders for PC

http://www.examiner....irements-posted

while it could just be a mistake, Amazon France has also leaked some game details, rather accurately such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and The Killzone Trilogy.

Hand__Of__God.png

#13011 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

while it could just be a mistake, Amazon France has also leaked some game details, rather accurately such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and The Killzone Trilogy.

Is there a french language GTA? I find the french language so un intimidating. Would love to hear GTA style threats in french.

#13012 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Is there a french language GTA? I find the french language so un intimidating. Would love to hear GTA style threats in french.

sacre bleu!

Hand__Of__God.png

#13013 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

If you have an account on the Paradox forums, check your email. They're giving out Steam codes to Europa Universalis III: Chronicles to celebrate reaching 500,000 forum members.

#13014 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I am kinda weary about buying anything Rockstar makes for PC. Max Payne 3 was like what 30-35 gigs, and GTA IV was a horrible port until they patched it and made it playable. Not to mention the DRM on that game.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#13015 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

BF3 is currently just under 30GB. The Secret World is 35GB.

Welcome to modern gaming.

#13016 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I am kinda weary about buying anything Rockstar makes for PC. Max Payne 3 was like what 30-35 gigs, and GTA IV was a horrible port until they patched it and made it playable. Not to mention the DRM on that game.

max payne is obnoxiously big but it's a solid port, also no GFWL. being there most recent release it's probably a safe bet gta5 won't use it either. the rockstar social club stuff didn't bother me too much, just sign in once click auto login and forget it's there.

Hand__Of__God.png

#13017 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Given the Magicka weekend, I'm going to guess the daily with be Hydrophobia (at more than the $1.24 it usually hits on daily).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13018 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

max payne is obnoxiously big but it's a solid port, also no GFWL. being there most recent release it's probably a safe bet gta5 won't use it either.

Don't know that I'd agree. GTA is their golden goose franchise. I could see them going overboard with the DLC in that game moreso than lesser franchises like Max Payne or Man Hunt.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#13019 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Given the Magicka weekend, I'm going to guess the daily with be Hydrophobia (at more than the $1.24 it usually hits on daily).

Hah... Portal 2

76561197971332172.png

#13020 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Don't know that I'd agree. GTA is their golden goose franchise. I could see them going overboard with the DLC in that game moreso than lesser franchises like Max Payne or Man Hunt.

rockstar is one of the very few devs who do dlc right imo, they release legitimate expansions. doubt that changes now.

Hand__Of__God.png