Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13021 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hah... Portal 2

Well, I was wrong on the title, but right in the spirit. ^_^

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13022 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well, I was wrong on the title, but right in the spirit. ^_^

spot-on

76561197971332172.png

#13023 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

rockstar is one of the very few devs who do dlc right imo, they release legitimate expansions. doubt that changes now.

Gah, I meant DRM. That was one of those embarassing brain farts where my fingers went right and my brain went left.

I think they'll stock up on DRM for GTA5, even if they didn't do so for their smaller franchises.

I apologize for being stupid. It's genetic.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#13024 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

If you have an account on the Paradox forums, check your email. They're giving out Steam codes to Europa Universalis III: Chronicles to celebrate reaching 500,000 forum members.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Almost trashed my key lol

#13025 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is there a french language GTA? I find the french language so un intimidating. Would love to hear GTA style threats in french.

Have you ever heard French spoken by a French person? Not a Canadian, or Haitian, or Belgian, but a real from France Frenchman? It sounds far from the sweet melodic language depicted in the movies. It's very throaty and phlegm-y. It sounds closer to Arabic than to Spanish/Italian. It's kinda gross.

Waiting for a Farsi voiced GTA.
Posted Image

#13026 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Have you ever heard French spoken by a French person? Not a Canadian, or Haitian, or Belgian, but a real from France Frenchman? It sounds far from the sweet melodic language depicted in the movies. It's very throaty and phlegm-y. It sounds closer to Arabic than to Spanish/Italian. It's kinda gross.

Southern French. /shudder
(Southern French is to Parisian French what Southern Drawl is to American English. To me it sounds like they are mumbling heavily.)

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#13027 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I dont think they PM Gamefly

Why would they not PM gamefly? Isn't Gamefly Amercian?

#13028 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I thought some of you would like this price on the beeb -- Grandma Hilda on PS3 & games.

#13029 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'm Southron. Where I'm at, we have more than just the stereotyped cracker twang - there's the Savannah drawl, Creole (cajun or coonass is what we call it), and Appalachian. All are distinctly different to my ears but I love hearing them.

I guess what y'all call American English, we call Yankee. :-k

#13030 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm Southron. Where I'm at, we have more than just the stereotyped cracker twang - there's the Savannah drawl, Creole (cajun or coonass is what we call it), and Appalachian. All are distinctly different to my ears but I love hearing them.

I guess what y'all call American English, we call Yankee. :-k

^_^ Right. Sorry. I approach it from more of a general international perspective, American English to distinguish from proper/BBC English (and the various terrible regional/class dialects in the UK), German English, various colonial English. Internationally American English is close to Californian English.

I have a close friend from Southern Ohio who can speak Appalachian English on demand =D. I remember one kid from Alabama I met who's dialect was so laid back I got impatient listening to him. I've also run into some downright charming dialects in parts of TX and LA. ^_^

#13031 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I swear that I'm literally the only person in the world that doesn't like GTA. I like all of their other games but GTA just feels blah to me. RDR on the other hand...

#13032 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I would say that the typical Frenchman doesn't sound throaty at all. However, there are lots of people in France that speak with something that resembles an arabic accent (for example, listen to Booba on youtube)

#13033 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

... to distinguish from proper/BBC English (and the various terrible regional/class dialects in the UK),

Oi!

Less o' that tongue lass, I'll set me whippet on yer.

#13034 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Anybody knows the lowest DmC preorder can be bought for? Im thinking of selling it on the trade thread for 27$ but I dont know if it has been cheaper somewhere else.

#13035 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

I swear that I'm literally the only person in the world that doesn't like GTA. I like all of their other games but GTA just feels blah to me. RDR on the other hand...

You're not. I have a couple of friends who hate it, and I don't like it all that much myself.

Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.74

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#13036 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Anybody knows the lowest DmC preorder can be bought for? Im thinking of selling it on the trade thread for 27$ but I dont know if it has been cheaper somewhere else.

Greenman is the cheapest I think. 37ish if I recall.

#13037 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Greenman is the cheapest I think. 37ish if I recall.

#13038 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

JakeNome was selling it for 35$ so still your price is lower.

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#13039 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Already have Riddick and BG on GOG... and Riddick is free from that dastardly Tages on GOG. I think I'll stick with what I've got.

I have Riddick: Dark Athena from Retail DVD.
Did they ever officially remove the DRM from retail version in a patch?

EDIT:

I so wish R* would bring RDR to the PC....

EDIT 2:

Gah, I meant DRM. That was one of those embarassing brain farts where my fingers went right and my brain went left.

I think they'll stock up on DRM for GTA5, even if they didn't do so for their smaller franchises.

I apologize for being stupid. It's genetic.

R* seems to like/want to stock-up on DRM levels.

Max Payne 3 PC & LA Noire PC = requires RSC + GameShield DRM.
GTA4 PC + EFLC PC = requires RSC + Securom DRM + G4WL.

Buy a Steam-version of any of those - ALSO add Steam DRM on top.
Seriously - on the Steam-version, there's NO NEED for them keeping the GameShield DRM and/or Securom DRM active - Steam does DRM just fine in their versions.

Edited by MysterD, 22 January 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#13040 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

So a review of Ravaged: The Post Apocalyptic Vehicle Focused Multiplayer Shooter that Cannot Even Give Itself Away to People to be Played.

In a word, clunky. It looks nice enough, but controls are lacking, especially in the driving of vehicles, a main focus of the game. I was driving an ATV and I had already let go of the A key, and the vehicle continued to turn another 80 degrees. Another issue with vehicles is their tendency to get stuck in various objects. Such as walls, pipes, blocks, rocks, and just about any other object on the map. On the other hand, helicpoters probably don't have that problem and should work fine, I cannot verify this though as I could never successfully have one take off, but I did view another player flying one quite competently. Similar to previous experiences I have had in BF3.

Presentation in game is a problem as well. The HUD is very sparse, as in I often didnt actually find what I was looking for quickly. And when I just attempted to play, there were only 52 players in the world. And only 6 servers with any population. And most of that on just 2 servers, both with less than 20 each. But I will say it was easy to find the servers upon start up.

And the game only crashed once.

In conclusion, if it was far more polished with an active player base, I'd definitely recommend it, but as it is, it's just a sad indie shooter, destined to be forgotten before it can achieve greatness. And I don't recommend it. But the devs are pretty nice guys at least. Best luck to them.

Next on my list of forgotten shooters, a review of Shattered Horizon. Sometime in the future.

#13041 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I have Riddick: Dark Athena from Retail DVD.
Did they ever officially remove the DRM from retail version in a patch?

EDIT:

I so wish R* would bring RDR to the PC....

EDIT 2:

R* seems to like/want to stock-up on DRM levels.

Max Payne 3 PC & LA Noire PC = requires RSC + GameShield DRM.
GTA4 PC + EFLC PC = requires RSC + Securom DRM + G4WL.

Buy a Steam-version of any of those - ALSO add Steam DRM on top.
Seriously - on the Steam-version, there's NO NEED for them keeping the GameShield DRM and/or Securom DRM active - Steam does DRM just fine in their versions.

Do you know why rdr didn't get a pc release? R* decided that there was not enough support. Do you know why pc gamers don't buy their games until they are cheap, DRM. I don't mind one level of drm, but that's enough. I had spend three hours messing with the DRM in order to get it to get GTA IV to run. 3 hours. /END RANT

#13042 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Do you know why rdr didn't get a pc release? R* decided that there was not enough support. Do you know why pc gamers don't buy their games until they are cheap, DRM. I don't mind one level of drm, but that's enough. I had spend three hours messing with the DRM in order to get it to get GTA IV to run. 3 hours. /END RANT

Do you know why GTA4 PC and many other R* games didn't sell as well on the PC? B/c they (Rockstar) took a while to port it - and A LOT already bought it on the consoles.
Helps if you add or bundle extra content, if you're going to port a game late to a certain platform.

If R* is so worried about piracy and DRM, why don't they just buy into the fact that Steam owns a ton of the digital distribution PC market and just make their games w/ one DRM by choosing only Steam?

EDIT:
I agree w/ you on DRM layers - I surely don't want to tolerate numerous DRM's plastered on top of each other for $40-60.

EDIT 2:
I think a lot of business practices make PC gamers not want to buy games ASAP.
DLC milking and often the later re-released Ultimate Editions w/ ALL DLC don't make me want to buy many games ASAP, as well.
Plus, you got tons of digital distributors (Steam, Gamersgate, GameStop PC App, GameFly, Amazon DVG, etc) fighting over the PC market and slashing prices so fast, so quickly & so often - you might as well often wait a few weeks to a few months for the game to get a price-drop.

Also, before Max Payne 3 PC, R* has a history of releasing poor-performing PC ports that most rigs can't handle (GTA3 PC & GTA4 PC) and/or technically botched-ports (Bully PC). It's sometimes best to wait for a few patches to be behind a R* PC port, before you go and buy one.

#13043 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

LOL drm - if a game has too much of it just follow what penny arcade does xD

#13044 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

LOL drm - if a game has too much of it just follow what penny arcade does xD

Which is...?

#13045 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

I remembered seeing people in this thread wanting to buy Alpha Protocol. It is now $3.74 at GMG. Combining with the 20%off coupon, it comes down to $3.00. Binary Domain is $5.00 after applying coupon. If you are new to GMG, buying via a referrer link will get you $2.00 credit if you spend more than $5.00. PM me is you need a referrer link.
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#13046 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Alpha Protocol is a fantastic RPG.

Just look up a decent build before you start playing. There are a few character builds in that game that make life extremely difficult for the player (much the way they did for boss fights in Deus Ex: HR).

#13047 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Tried Cities In Motion today.

15 minutes into the tutorial I am about ready to preorder the new Sim City and not play this ever again :lol:.

I also tried playing through The Darkness 2. I had to stop because hearing Stay Away From The Light every 3 seconds was driving me crazy, lol. I mean I love the story, atmosphere, but the gameplay in the later levels was annoying me. Plus the constant telling me to get away from the light. I might go back and finish it, idk.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#13048 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Tried Cities In Motion today.

15 minutes into the tutorial I am about ready to preorder the new Sim City and not play this ever again :lol:.

Cities in Motion is supposed to be closer to Transport Tycoon than to Sim City.

Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.74

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#13049 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Cities in Motion is supposed to be closer to Transport Tycoon than to Sim City.

Yeah it does that job well, and I respect the game it is. I got it from an indie bundle so I thought I would try it. It's a good game, just not my thing. I would rather the whole City Building aspect.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#13050 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Alpha Protocol is a fantastic RPG.

Just look up a decent build before you start playing. There are a few character builds in that game that make life extremely difficult for the player (much the way they did for boss fights in Deus Ex: HR).

Yeah, AP is just quite unbalanced in certain regards.

Namely, there's a few overpowered weapon skills in there (assault rifles) and some weapons are just WAY under-powered (pistols).
That Mark-and-Execute skill is way overpowered, as well.

AP also likes to use dice-rolls for hit & miss, as well - which should be a "No-no" in a game that has shooter-style controls; especially in games released after Mass Effect 2.

This shouldn't stop you from playing AP. AP has some great characters (such as Steven Heck); and the game is absolutely fantastic w/ making your choices matter to change the way the game actually plays out and its actual final outcome.