Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13231 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ohh YOU!:no:

*yew ;)

#13232 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Sales have probably peeked on Ace of Spades and that's why it's the daily.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#13233 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hotline Miami is also 50% off ($4.99)

#13234 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Amazon PM'd Hotline Miami. Free if you have an EC coupon still.

#13235 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I was just wondering if Chivalry was any fun after enjoying Mount and Blade multi.

As for Sims 3 so far i've gotten everything minus the stuff packs during various sales and overall think its a amazing game plus there is a ton of stuff to kill away hours with. Can't really go wrong with 7.50 and pick up some of the better expansions.
Posted Image

#13236 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I was just wondering if Chivalry was any fun after enjoying Mount and Blade multi.

Then you need War of the Roses.

#13237 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Am I missing something or is there no way to download Chivalry for the free weekend without actually buying it?

I haven't done a free weekend game in a long time (since they're usually games I already own) but I thought the store page would act as if you owned the game and you could play/install right from the store page. I'm not seeing that. Have they changed how they do free weekends?

#13238 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Am I missing something or is there no way to download Chivalry for the free weekend without actually buying it?

I haven't done a free weekend game in a long time (since they're usually games I already own) but I thought the store page would act as if you owned the game and you could play/install right from the store page. I'm not seeing that. Have they changed how they do free weekends?

Restart Steam and it will be in your library.

#13239 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

On the little promo window there should be a "HERE" that is a hyperlink to download the game irrc the full sentence is, 'click "here(link)" to download the game.' Rather than going to the store page.
Posted Image

#13240 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Restart Steam and it will be in your library.

already restarted a couple times. I'll just give it some time, I guess...

On the little promo window there should be a "HERE" that is a hyperlink to download the game irrc the full sentence is, 'click "here(link)" to download the game.' Rather than going to the store page.

....Or not. This worked! Thank you!

#13241 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

already restarted a couple times. I'll just give it some time, I guess...

Guess it just works some of the time since that is what I did.

EDIT: Well it is Steam so something only working some of the time isn't too shocking.

#13242 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I like it better when the free weekend game isn't added to your library. When it is, SteamGifts gathers that you own it, so people who put up the game for a drawing due to the discounted price end up having their entrants limited to those who lucked out with the timing of the auto-synch.

Eh, who am I kidding? I actually find the entire thing highly amusing.

#13243 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

I have no interest in Cargo Commander, personally, but I thought I'd throw that up here.

#13244 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Posted Image

I have no interest in Cargo Commander, personally, but I thought I'd throw that up here.

Looking them up, they've made Velvet Assassin and Kung-Fu Strike, both of which were in previous Groupees bundles. Also made Stronghold 3, which is considered to be poor to awful, and Dementium II which is not out yet on PC.

#13245 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Cargo Commander is surprisingly good. I'll do a proper-mini-sort-of-review if it gets bundled.

#13246 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Have wanted to try Chivalry and War Of The Roses. Glad I can demo one. :applause:

#13247 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Cargo Commander is surprisingly good. I'll do a proper-mini-sort-of-review if it gets bundled.

I've had a lot of fun with it. Even though its only been a couple months since I bought it at $2ish, I don't regret t showing up in a bundle. For those who worry about floaty controls, I'd look for a demo of this, but its definitely a fun little platformer.

#13248 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Have wanted to try Chivalry and War Of The Roses. Glad I can demo one. :applause:

I was underwhelmed by chivalry. I'd heard lots of good things about it, but after playing for close to half an hour. I have little desire to go back and try it again.

#13249 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I already have both so they don't peak my interest at all. I hope this isn't a sneak pique of how their deals will be until the summer sail.

I hate you guys =P

#13250 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Guys I bought Terarria for $2.50 :) but I have a problem with it. I know this is not the right place to ask but as soon as someone reply to me, you can ignore my message. Well I installed the game and you know when you create a world another player appears. Well I was watching a Youtube video and that character is suppose to help you through tutorials when you talk to him. The problem is that I can't talk to him! I click on him and nothing happens... I deleted Terraria and downloaded it again but the same happens, I click the guy and he does not help me with any tutorial!!! He just keeps walking and jumping around... Does anyone know why and how to fix it? I wanna learn how to play Terraria from the game itself not by watching Youtube videos :/ thanks in advance.

#13251 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I was underwhelmed by chivalry. I'd heard lots of good things about it, but after playing for close to half an hour. I have little desire to go back and try it again.

Half hour? I tried it for about three minutes and hated it absolutely. Wow, what a disappointment.

#13252 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Guys I bought Terarria for $2.50 :) but I have a problem with it. I know this is not the right place to ask but as soon as someone reply to me, you can ignore my message. Well I installed the game and you know when you create a world another player appears. Well I was watching a Youtube video and that character is suppose to help you through tutorials when you talk to him. The problem is that I can't talk to him! I click on him and nothing happens... I deleted Terraria and downloaded it again but the same happens, I click the guy and he does not help me with any tutorial!!! He just keeps walking and jumping around... Does anyone know why and how to fix it? I wanna learn how to play Terraria from the game itself not by watching Youtube videos :/ thanks in advance.

Never heard of this happening. You'll have a lot more luck by going to the terraria forums on steam or the official site.

#13253 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Looking them up, they've made Velvet Assassin and Kung-Fu Strike, both of which were in previous Groupees bundles. Also made Stronghold 3, which is considered to be poor to awful, and Dementium II which is not out yet on PC.

Dementiu II is awesome, I must say

#13254 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I only played War of the Roses during the beta and did not like it that much, probably due to lag.

Chivalry on the other hand I have played for an hour and had no interest in returning to. About 3-4 weeks ago I played again and it has become one of my most playable games.

#13255 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 53KJ3-CK9W5-Z5XB3-T3BJT-969KW

#13256 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Never heard of this happening. You'll have a lot more luck by going to the terraria forums on steam or the official site.

Fail... I had to right click on him instead of left click... haha. Thanks for the help though :)

On topic, Why you guys say Miami Hotline is $5? It shows $10 for me at Amazon ):

#13257 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

On topic, Why you guys say Miami Hotline is $5? It shows $10 for me at Amazon ):

It's already back to regular price

76561197971332172.png

#13258 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

It's already back to regular price

Glad I grabbed 3 more copies. :) I have little faith that any other good deals will come along in the next week. Or, at least good enough deals for me to use my remaining 5-6 coupons.

#13259 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Glad I grabbed 3 more copies. :) I have little faith that any other good deals will come along in the next week. Or, at least good enough deals for me to use my remaining 5-6 coupons.

You are aware of the Microsoft Indie Arcade pack and the Microsoft Fable pack, right?

#13260 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Fail... I had to right click on him instead of left click... haha. Thanks for the help though :)

It's $5 on Steam.