Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13261 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I just started Dementium I on the DS and have Dementium II ready after that.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13262 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

my remaining 5-6 coupons.

Heeeeeey there, buddy :)

#13263 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I was underwhelmed by chivalry. I'd heard lots of good things about it, but after playing for close to half an hour. I have little desire to go back and try it again.

About 20 minutes here, So glad this was a free play weekend. :cry:
Posted Image

#13264 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm not even sure Sims 2 has hit $5. >_>

Hm...

Does anyone know if you can play Sims 3 offline? I have the disc but the code is already registered on Origin to a friend, could I still install it and play it?

Also, Max Payne 3 for $10 after EC credit on Amazon. Robocop'd

I've played over 8hrs of Chivalry lol, got it for $9 during the Winter sale and I can't complain, love the game. *shrug*

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#13265 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Ended up getting the Sims 3. Wasn't it 10$ during the winter sale and people were going nuts about that?
Posted Image

#13266 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Ended up getting the Sims 3. Wasn't it 10$ during the winter sale and people were going nuts about that?

Yeah $10 was a good price for it. I actually ended up just getting it and putting it in my inventory, gonna try and see if using the disc works this weekend.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#13267 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

You are aware of the Microsoft Indie Arcade pack and the Microsoft Fable pack, right?

I've heard of them, but have yet to find any details on them, upon Amazon or in the first post of the amazon thread. Links or info please? as it does sound quite nice.

#13268 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Played Chivalry for about an hour. It's not bad but doesn't really offer any more than what you'd get out of Mount & Blade Warband multiplayer. A little more polish and weapons (including siege) but not that much difference.

#13269 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yup. They start on Sunday and run through Saturday. Presumably they won't extend the coupons through to the end of the week, so it would be a good idea to buy before the end of the month if you plan to use a coupon.

Here are the Microsoft offers again for those who might have forgotten:

Offer #1 is an Arcade bundle for $9.99 pre-coupon containing:
Deadlight
Toy Soldiers
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja

Offer #2 is a Fable bundle for $9.99 pre-coupon containing:
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Fable III
Plus Fable III DLC

Offer #3 is Age of Empires III Complete Collection for $9.99 pre-coupon

Additionally, all games will be available for 75% off. But they wont's be listed individually (besides AoE) on the EC list. So you wont be able to stack the coupons on the games outside of the bundles.

Amazon deals for the weekend.

#13270 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Gamestop/Impulse has three Dungeons and Dragons packs on sale (two got added today) Yes you'll need both the GameStop App and
Spoiler

Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection - $4.99 - (DRM-FREE) This is the same one that some CAGs missed at $5 on a GG Glitch Night (and was $7 on GG last Feb). These are the GOG'd versions of the classics, since they are the only versions that have been on digital download. N3UROP0D confims DRM-FREE status of the GS pack here.

• Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%] "...reigns supreme over every RPG currently available, and sets new standards for those to come" - PC Gamer
  • Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%] "Once in a while, a game comes along that completely takes over your life. " - IGN
  • Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%] "Is it possible for a computer game to have the intellectual heft and emotional impact of a good book while remaining as captivating as a well-paced film? If so, the first candidate may well be Planescape: Torment. . " - New York Times
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%] "A rock-solid RPG that faithfully re-creates a classic adventure." - Gamespy

D&D Anthology: Neverwinter Nights Complete - $7.49 (DRM: NWN1 is DRM-FREE confirmed by N3UROP0D Uncertain, NWN1 has SecuROM but removed in a later patch , NWN2 has SecuROM but unlimited activations? -- This is the best I could ascertain from research, see end of the post)

• Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs [Metacritic 91%]
    “The last role-playing game you'll ever desire, and at last, the fulfillment of a genre“ – Computer Games Magazine
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs [Metacritic 82%]
    “The amazing single player installation improves on the original game in nearly every way imaginable - without breaking anything what has gone before. Even for players who have never hurled a 20-sided die in anger, Neverwinter Nights 2 is not to be missed. “ – Games Radar

D&D Ultimate Pack - $11.24 (Both of the packs above, save $1.25) This price was live yesterday as well.

NWN1 Complete has been on GOG for some time.
NWN2 Complete was just released on GOG today. (Thanks MysterD, I checked yesterday. >.> )

More info on the DRM:

Regarding the $11.24 D&D Ultimate Pack on GameStop...

I suspect:
D&D Anthology Master Collection is DRM-FREE (as it is on GG, owned, verified).
D&D NWN Complete:
* NWN Diamond is DRM-FREE (as it is on GOG, though GG.uk lists DRM:Other)
* NWN 2 Platinum is SecuROM (as it is on GG.uk)

NWN 2 Platinum was on steam Nov 2010 - June? 2012. Atari lost distribution rights for it then and Hasbro has taken over distribution. NWN 2 digital distribution seems quite limited atm. NWN 2 is reportedly much patched since it's buggy release.

Why am I tempted to buy this just for NWN 2 Platinum? (own the rest) :wall:

Looking a bit more I've found further evidence from the physical versions that:
NWN used to have SecuROM but it was removed in a later patch.
NWN 2 has/had (removed?) SecuROM but there is no activation limit (at least under Atari).

refs:
http://www.ign.com/a...hts-2-loses-drm
http://forum.daemon-...db.php?letter=N
http://www.gamefaqs....nights/49988870
http://www.gamersgat...or?issue=193181
http://www.rpgwatch....t?newsbit=12337

Ossian Studios is pleased to announce that there is no longer a 3-activation limit on NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate. The activation limit has been removed by Atari after Ossian highlighted to them how many fans were not happy with it. You can now install MoW as many times as you like on your computer. Here are some quick facts about this change:
Q: Do I still need to activate MoW to play?
A: Yes. The DRM activation limit has been removed but you still need to activate MoW online for each new installation on your computer. After the one-time activation for each installation, you don’t need an Internet connection to play. Activation is necessary to prevent serial numbers from being posted to the web where hundreds or thousands of people can access it.
Q: So, I don’t have to worry about changing my hardware and not being able to re-activate MoW?
A: No. You can change the hardware configuration or operating system on your computer as often as you like and can re-activate MoW as many times as you like.
Q: Is it okay if I install the game on more than one of my computers?
A: Yes, that’s fine.
Q: Are the MoW resources still encrypted?
A: Yes, the MoW resource files are still encrypted. However, we have provided most of this content for free from the Mysteries of Westgate page on the NWVault:

Edited by asheskitty, 25 January 2013 - 02:10 AM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13271 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Suddenly, SquareEnix weekend. Today's deal is Tomb Raiders at 75% off. Still disappointed that there's no classics pack of 1-6 and that they'd cost the same price a la carte as buying the pack.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13272 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

It's strange, I saw that quantum conundrum was $0.01 in the specials section on the steam front page, and it shows up that way when I search for it.

http://store.steampo...12&term=quantum

But when you go to the actual page it shows up as $7.49.

#13273 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

It's strange, I saw that quantum conundrum was $0.01 in the specials section on the steam front page, and it shows up that way when I search for it.

Shows as "$-0.01" for me on the search page.
Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.70
I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#13274 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Ashes, you are right, the version of NWN Diamond on Gamestop is the DRM-free GoG version. All the other games, except NWN2, are as well.

The fact that NWN2 is on GoG now though, makes me wish I'd waited. Seriously, I'd say pass on the GS deal and wait for the next big GoG sale. It's worth it for the extras and not being leashed to the GS app (or GS itself for that matter.)

#13275 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

The Kane and Lynch series is suddenly on sale. The first game is five dollars for those of you (it seems like a few) that are looking for it.

#13276 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Ashes, you are right, the version of NWN Diamond on Gamestop is the DRM-free GoG version. All the other games, except NWN2, are as well.

The fact that NWN2 is on GoG now though, makes me wish I'd waited. Seriously, I'd say pass on the GS deal and wait for the next big GoG sale. It's worth it for the extras and not being leashed to the GS app (or GS itself for that matter.)

Cool! Thanks for the NWN1 DRM-FREE confirmation. Sorry I saw nothing that hinted that GOG was working on getting NWN2 yesterday. I think think it is a good deal. I know some CAGs lament missing the Master Collection @ $5.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13277 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

The Steam client just put out a HUGE update. I started up Steam after coming home from work, and it downloaded a 110MB update to the client. Just a heads up.

#13278 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

im getting -0.01. That would be amazing if they credited your steam wallet a penny :-P I could just imagine the chaos of people trying to buy 100 copies just to get a 1$ then try to sell each copy...

The Steam client just put out a HUGE update. I started up Steam after coming home from work, and it downloaded a 110MB update to the client. Just a heads up.

I haven't had an update. Checked the website an no mention of a new patch on the updates page.
Posted Image

#13279 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Steam is having a Square Enix Weekend
Tomb Raider series 75% today
Hitman Absolution is 33%

#13280 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

The update adds timestamps for all activities, removes the /me functionality from chat, adds a log of recently sent messages when you open a chat box, and allows sending of messages to friends who are offline. Maybe some other functions, but these are what I've noticed.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13281 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

My client claims to be completely up-to-date and has neither offline messaging nor recently sent messages. Weird.

#13282 2wicked

2wicked

Game Hoarder Extraordinaire!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

My client claims to be completely up-to-date and has neither offline messaging nor recently sent messages. Weird.

The update is for the beta client.

#13283 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I hope this means we get a kickass Deus bundle deal!

#13284 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Might grab the battle stations games. At any rate always nice to have more deals. :D

#13285 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

The update is for the beta client.

I'm running the beta client and don't have an update.
Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.70
I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#13286 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Love that you can see past messages and whatnot now. Now the the chat just needs a file sending function...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13287 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

One thing to note about the Squenix sale: If you pre-order the new Tomb Raider, you get 25% off the Squenix pack, bringing it to a very solid $60. In other words, if you've pre-ordered it, we expect you to help everyone else out :lol:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#13288 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

This slap chop weekend could be fun. Who is making the beer run?

#13289 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

1) Anyone know if the Tomb Raider pack gives giftable copies if i own a fe?
2) Is the Chivalry free weekend broken?

#13290 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

I hope this means we get a kickass Deus bundle deal!

People still don't have this? They were selling HR for like $5 during the Winter sale. And while the original is better than HR, Invisible War is horrible so I'd pass unless a bundle price is cheaper than buying the other two solo.