Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13381 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

And the bandwidth caps.. which will be even worse once they're done with "testing" their new plans.

To be fair, they've been testing since 2010 I think. I haven't gone over the 250 GB cap in a while, but I don't download everything I buy immediately, and I don't stream any HD media (but I should).
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#13382 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Does anyone know what Tomb Raider Survival Edition includes?

#13383 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Does anyone know what Tomb Raider Survival Edition includes?

It says so on the Steam Page for Tomb Raider (Reboot) what's in the Survival Ed:
http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

Survival Edition includes:
Digital 32-page mini art book compiled by TOMB RAIDER’S Art Director Brian Horton
Digital copy of Tomb Raider’s atmospheric soundtrack
Digital double-sided map of the Tomb Raider’s mysterious island setting
DLC Pack

#13384 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Attention rabid Steam key hoarders and glitch hunters!!!

Those that slayed the beast that was the Gamersgate website for the epic Bethesda pack.

GO CLAIM YOUR WAR SPOILS!!! CLAM YOUR KEYS NOW!!!!! (unless you got the email that said you got a refund).

Thanks for the alert! I've been checking once a day and was really starting to doubt we'd see them in January at all.

#13385 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

To be fair, they've been testing since 2010 I think. I haven't gone over the 250 GB cap in a while, but I don't download everything I buy immediately, and I don't stream any HD media (but I should).

This particular testing was announced around May, I think, and they were supposedly going to start the actual testing in the summer of 2012. One of the new plans is a 300gb cap (instead of the previous 250gb cap), and you pay $10 for every 50gb after exceeding it. I don't think any plans were confirmed yet though, so I'm not sure if they'll go through with any of it.

I go over 250gb pretty often, so it's an issue for me.. but they've never done anything about it in the past, so I guess I've been lucky.

Edited by spoderman, 26 January 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#13386 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

It says so on the Steam Page for Tomb Raider (Reboot) what's in the Survival Ed:
http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

Oh wow, I must be blind or something. Thank you. I wonder what this "DLC Pack" is, though.

#13387 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

This particular testing was announced around May, I think, and they were supposedly going to start the actual testing in the summer of 2012. One of the new plans is a 300gb cap (instead of the previous 250gb cap), and you pay $10 for every 50gb after exceeding it. I don't any plans were confirmed yet though, so I'm not sure if they'll go through with any of it.

I go over 250gb pretty often, so it's an issue for me.. but they've never done anything about it in the past, so I guess I've been lucky.

I used to have Comcast and I often went over 250 GB too but even that was better than the 200 GB cap I have now :( That extra 50 GB doesn't seem like much but it really does make a difference, lol. Especially since I share internet with 3 other people that also like to download stuff.

#13388 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

I used to have Comcast and I often went over 250 GB too but even that was better than the 200 GB cap I have now :( That extra 50 GB doesn't seem like much but it really does make a difference, lol. Especially since I share internet with 3 other people that also like to download stuff.

They havent enforced the cap in my area for about 6 months.

#13389 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

They havent enforced the cap in my area for about 6 months.

Lucky.

I have a different ISP now (I moved) and they gave me a nice little email last time I went over 200 GB, ha. So I've been having to monitor the entire house's internet data usage more closely.

#13390 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Lucky.

I have a different ISP now (I moved) and they gave me a nice little email last time I went over 200 GB, ha. So I've been having to monitor the entire house's internet data usage more closely.

I mean I realize that few people use 200 gb a month but is 200gb really that much in this day and age?

#13391 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

I mean I realize that few people use 200 gb a month but is 200gb really that much in this day and age?

No my daily downloads equal around 100gig normally... (I have 4 3tb hard drives to mess with)

#13392 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

No my daily downloads equal around 100gig normally... (I have 4 3tb hard drives to mess with)

I'm guessing that you visit the "bay" a lot?

#13393 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

that is a pretty big assumption to make

people who use "the bay" that much would have no use for this website

Hand__Of__God.png

#13394 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

that is a pretty big assumption to make

people who use "the bay" that much would have no use for this website

Off topic
Spoiler

I saw you post in the thread for the $20 PS Vita on ebay the other night that you decided to take a shot and buy it. I'm 100% sure that it will turn out to be a scam, but I'm a little bit curious how it all unfolds. Keep us (or me at least) informed.

#13395 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

We were using around 800GB in a month in a flat of four. I have no idea what my flatmates were doing, but I was going through 150-250GB myself without any piracy.
Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.70
I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#13396 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Off topic

Spoiler

I saw you post in the thread for the $20 PS Vita on ebay the other night that you decided to take a shot and buy it. I'm 100% sure that it will turn out to be a scam, but I'm a little bit curious how it all unfolds. Keep us (or me at least) informed.

they shipped me something and sent me tracking numbers, but ebay already contacted me to tell me they were scammers

i can't wait to see what shows up

Hand__Of__God.png

#13397 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

lol that should be interesting.

Well you're pretty much assured that you'll get your money back. So you can just sit back and wait to see what color rocks that guy sent you.

#13398 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

they shipped me something and sent me tracking numbers, but ebay already contacted me to tell me they were scammers

i can't wait to see what shows up

Sure, until you open the box and it's full of Nigerian terrorists or something.

#13399 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'm hoping it's Velveeta.

#13400 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

I'm interested in getting Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld but I don't know if I should wait for the PS3 HD collection to go back on sale or get the steam versions. Any ideas? PS3 copies were running 7.50 + freeshipping around Christmas but were OSS.

#13401 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

I'm interested in getting Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld but I don't know if I should wait for the PS3 HD collection to go back on sale or get the steam versions. Any ideas? PS3 copies were running 7.50 + freeshipping around Christmas but were OSS.

Get the Steam versions. Anniversary has poor framerate on consoles, and all of the games had washed out colors on PS3 when I played them. I have them for 360, PS3, and PC. PC versions are definitely the best. Only disadvantage is the 360 version of Underworld has exclusive DLC that you can't get on PC/PS3.

#13402 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the alert! I've been checking once a day and was really starting to doubt we'd see them in January at all.

No problem just wanted to make sure everyone knew because that glitch was epic and many people were disappointing they couldn't get their keys.

I'm hoping it's Velveeta.

:drool:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13403 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Off topic

Spoiler

I bought one as well, along with a 10.1" tablet. Ebay removed the auction and sent me the same alerts, and the packages were already marked as "shipped" for me, too. I figured that even Apple products are made in China, so if they sent anything perhaps it would be a similar device with similar functionality. And if it turns out to be Nigerians, we're pretty much guaranteed to win the dispute and get our money back.

Edit: I just checked my tracking number here and it says it's in sorting. People were posting that they wouldn't send anything in that thread, but now I'm a little curious.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#13404 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Get the Steam versions. Anniversary has poor framerate on consoles, and all of the games had washed out colors on PS3 when I played them. I have them for 360, PS3, and PC. PC versions are definitely the best. Only disadvantage is the 360 version of Underworld has exclusive DLC that you can't get on PC/PS3.

Were the extras (like the making of video / trophies) worthwhile?
I guess I'll just get the Steam version. Thanks for your help!

#13405 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Were the extras (like the making of video / trophies) worthwhile?
I guess I'll just get the Steam version. Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure about the making of videos, never watched them. I'd guess you might be able to find them on youtube or something? I value better graphics/framerate over whatever bonuses the PS3 version has though. I don't care that much for trophies. The only reason I'd get the PS3 version is if you have a terrible PC, otherwise I'd get them on Steam.

PS3 trilogy also comes with a static theme, but since it's not dynamic, I don't use it.

#13406 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

When I had the 250GB cap I had one roommate and between the two of use we never went over, but usually only had a handful of gigs to spare. We streamed and downloaded a lot, but I can see how a whole family would have issues, or even when I lived with 4 other roommates, if they had been as active on the internet as me (3 of them barely downloaded anything and we mostly all streamed to the living room TV) it would have been a serious issue.

#13407 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'm not sure about the making of videos, never watched them. I'd guess you might be able to find them on youtube or something? I value better graphics/framerate over whatever bonuses the PS3 version has though. I don't care that much for trophies. The only reason I'd get the PS3 version is if you have a terrible PC, otherwise I'd get them on Steam.

PS3 trilogy also comes with a static theme, but since it's not dynamic, I don't use it.

I guess if the graphics/framerate is that bad I'll grab the Steam version. Thanks for you're help! :D

#13408 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

lol that should be interesting.

Well you're pretty much assured that you'll get your money back. So you can just sit back and wait to see what color rocks that guy sent you.

That`s Funny
I remember two friends buying a new TV sealed in the Box from some shady dude
It did have a new remote control in package taped to the top of Box

Turned out to be a Box of Rocks....

If it`s too Good to be True. Its probably not

#13409 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I avoided buying the last three Tomb Raider games on PC since some old Steam threads said they looked worse than the PS3 version and didn't support high resolutions, but it sounds like that was BS. I might pick them up now and maybe even Angel of Darkness to complete my collection.

#13410 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I avoided buying the last three Tomb Raider games on PC since some old Steam threads said they looked worse than the PS3 version and didn't support high resolutions, but it sounds like that was BS. I might pick them up now and maybe even Angel of Darkness to complete my collection.

Yeah there's no way that the PC versions look worse.. they're far superior. I do know that the PS3 version of Anniversary has better framerate than the 360 version (but both have crappy framerate, PS3's just sucks less). The textures for the PS3 trilogy were updated, so they might look a bit better than they did on 360.. but they aren't better than PC. PS3 trilogy has some advantages over the 360, but none over PC. I don't know why anyone would say they don't support high resolutions.. I run them at 1920x1200.

BTW if you do end up buying them on Steam, turn off Data Execution Protection for the 3 games. It causes some crashes with Legend, not sure about the other 2.