Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13441 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Any opinions on GOG Tomb Raider 1/2/3 versus Steam Tome Raider 1/2/3?

#13442 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Steam uses the GOG versions of those games, so they should be the same. I don't have them on Steam though, so I can't comment further.

#13443 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

The latter is slightly more literary.

#13444 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

What is something that annoys myself and others?

Putting the quote after the main comment makes your post read like a Jeopardy! question.

#13445 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Putting the quote after the main comment.

What is something that annoys myself and others?

#13446 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

What annoys me is the lack of a space between the quote and your text causing me to always hit Enter twice before I start typing my response.

#13447 chicken_soup_2

chicken_soup_2

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thinking of Buying the Deus Ex collection, but only really interested in Deus Ex:HR, should I Just buy the solo game or are the DLC's worth getting as well?

Just get the solo game, the bonus missions and missing link don't really add much at all (missing link especially is pretty boring)

#13448 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

The latter is slightly more literary.

Well played, sir

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#13449 Nintendo_Hawk

Nintendo_Hawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Anyone planning to group up for the upcoming DungeonLand 4pack ?? Please post if so.

#13450 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Missing Link is good for its 'boss fight' which is better than the outsourced boss fights in the original game. That said, if they're still selling it for $3.75 it isn't really worth it compared to the $5 for the base game. I'd also recommend the original Deus Ex for $2.50 -- it's better than HR.

#13451 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

What annoys me is the lack of a space between the quote and your text causing me to always hit Enter twice before I start typing my response.

This! ;)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13452 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Well played, sir

You bookworms need to start dating already.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13453 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Agreed on SD DLC. Skip it all. I loved the game and those aren't worth it.

Missing Link is good for its 'boss fight' which is better than the outsourced boss fights in the original game. That said, if they're still selling it for $3.75 it isn't really worth it compared to the $5 for the base game. I'd also recommend the original Deus Ex for $2.50 -- it's better than HR.

I thought the bosses in HR were great fun. ML's boss is just a room of guards but you can't wait to kill that asshole.

Personally I think all the HR DLC is worth it. More toys to dick around with but you could easily go without it. Missing Link is a standalone single "dungeon" if you will. It's a tight experience and pretty replayable.

#13454 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Bought TOME raider collection. Gamesradar had too many good reviews. Was eyeing them at Christmas.

#13455 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Sweet sassy molassy, am I ever glad that I cancelled my Hitman Absolution Pre-order. 2 months after release, it's already 66% off.

#13456 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sweet sassy molassy, am I ever glad that I cancelled my Hitman Absolution Pre-order. 2 months after release, it's already 66% off.

I got it for $20 back in mid-december from Amazon and loved it. Definitely recommend it at that price.

I'm glad to see the Tomb Raider preorders shoot up this weekend. I preordered it back around Christmas time to get Guardian of Light with it since I never finished the XBLA version, and now it looks like we'll at least unlock Tier 2 for some free DLC.

#13457 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

This is actually one of the better deals that Steam has had in a long while. I've never played a Hitman game though - would anyone recommend I start with this one? Or should I start with one of the previous games. I own Blood Money - is that one any good?

#13458 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

This is actually one of the better deals that Steam has had in a long while. I've never played a Hitman game though - would anyone recommend I start with this one? Or should I start with one of the previous games. I own Blood Money - is that one any good?

I've only ever played Blood Money but loved it, plus there is a cash type upgrade system which I always enjoy in games for that light rpgish feel.

Plus lots of varied locations and settings so easily worth a play through.
Posted Image

#13459 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

This is actually one of the better deals that Steam has had in a long while.

I know, right? Suprise, suprise. I'm actually tempted to buy something directly off Steam.

#13460 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

DOOM RAILS TiME!

#13461 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

When did Steam start selling E-books?

I find it difficult to believe that they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in weight distribution between a television and a box of rocks when lifting it.

You underestimate the human capacity for dumbassery.

After beating the game, I came to the conclusion that none of the DLC I purchased was worthwhile. There are costume and car unlocks mostly, but I found that it took away a bit from the experience of being able to purchase my own stuff. Also, I started the game out on level 5 for Triad, Police, and Face XP, so I was already fully upgraded halfway through the game.

Nightmare in North Point sucked...not worth wasting money and 90 minutes for. I didn't buy Zodiac Tournament (have no plans to either).

crap, is there a way to disable the Sleeping Dogs DLC? I stupidly bought it all when it was 91% off.

DOOM RAILS TiME!

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on Windows 8 :cry:

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#13462 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

crap, is there a way to disable the Sleeping Dogs DLC? I stupidly bought it all when it was 91% off.

Delete these from the game directory. It's all the unlock/money/XP DLC:

1E6323E1.dat - Gold Top Dog
576E446C.dat - Silver Top Dog
E58008F5.dat - Red Envelope Pack
AC8D6F78.dat - High Roller Pack

#13463 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

The free weekend convinced me to get Chivalry, I had a lot of fun with the game.

#13464 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

When did Steam start selling E-books?

You underestimate the human capacity for dumbassery.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on Windows 8 :cry:

I posted a guide there on how to get it to run on Windows 8. It worked for me.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13465 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Play Blood Money. Is the best game in the series by far... I haven't played Absolution yet... but after watching some videos and reading some reviews it seems is FAR from Blood Money.

Hitman BM is AWESOME. You can accomplish your objective on so many ways. Just try it. By the time you finish the game, Absolution will be cheaper.

I'm waiting for absolution to reach $5. Not in a hurry to play it. I'm more worried about X-Com... I'm a die hard fan and still waiting for it to reach a lower price. Is so hard to resist!

#13466 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Holy crap, should I get Hitman PE with all the DLC for $22.42? killer deal on steam.

#13467 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

I posted a guide there on how to get it to run on Windows 8. It worked for me.

Where?

#13468 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Well, here is the only way to run Doom Rails on Windows 8 right now (can only run outside of Steam):

Step 1: Get your key from Steam and copy it or write it down somewhere. Note: You need to have Doom Rails installed via Steam or the DL started on the game before the view key option is available when you right click it.

Step 2: DL the Doom Rails installer here:

http://www.fileplane...Doom-Rails-Demo

Step 3: Run the installer as Administrator (it is possible you may need to run as Windows 7 Compability too).

Step 4: If Windows Defender or your antivirus gives you a trojan warning it is a false positive. Ignore it if you can, otherwise you will need to disable it, uninstall, and install again.

Step 5: Once installed, run the Doom Rails exe as admin (and possibly as Windows 7 Compability). If you had to disable your antivirus you have to keep it disabled to run the game.

Step 6: Enter your key to activate the game. ONLY 5 ACTIVATIONS!!!!!

Step 7: Decide if it is worth it for you!

Step 8: Play?

Lots of trouble, not sure if I want to disable Windows Defender every time. Trying to find away to have it ignore the false positive and then I might keep the game installed.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13469 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

I haven't played Blood Money but I very much enjoyed Absolution. It's the only stealth game where I actually felt inspired to play it right rather than machine gunning everyone in the face (it's 'stealth' if I shoot their eyes out, right?). To the point where I'd restart a level if someone saw me rather than take the small point hit.

From what I've read the disguise system is considerably different than the previous games making this game more traditionally stealth based and most complaints are because you spend your time hiding behind pillars and in laundry bins rather than walking around dressed as a clown or plumber.

#13470 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Well, here is the only way to run Doom Rails on Windows 8 right now (can only run outside of Steam):

Step 1: Get your key from Steam and copy it or write it down somewhere. Note: You need to have Doom Rails installed via Steam or the DL started on the game before the view key option is available when you right click it.

Step 2: DL the Doom Rails installer here:

http://www.fileplane...Doom-Rails-Demo

Step 3: Run the installer as Administrator (it is possible you may need to run as Windows 7 Compability too).

Step 4: If Windows Defender or your antivirus gives you a trojan warning it is a false positive. Ignore it if you can, otherwise you will need to disable it, uninstall, and install again.

Step 5: Once installed, run the Doom Rails exe as admin (and possibly as Windows 7 Compability). If you had to disable your antivirus you have to keep it disabled to run the game.

Step 6: Enter your key to activate the game. ONLY 5 ACTIVATIONS!!!!!

Step 7: Decide if it is worth it for you!

Step 8: Play?

Lots of trouble, not sure if I want to disable Windows Defender every time. Trying to find away to have it ignore the false positive and then I might keep the game installed.

Ok, trying this now. Thanks Cheap!!!!

*edit just got accepted into the Sim City BETA Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261