Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13771 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I finished Sleeping Dogs last night and I'm pleased to say it was pretty much as good as people say it was. The setting is fantastic, the combat is cool, the story is varied and unpredictable enough, and the side-mission/collectables stuff is really rather addictive. I got it on a glitched GMG deal over the Xmas sale and I'm more than happy with the purchase. Yes, the missions get a little repetitive in the middle, but overall it's an excellent game. There's plenty of copies available in the Steam trade thread for about $10 and it's well worth it, in my opinion.

Spoiler

I'm planning on playing through Deadlight now. This isn't what I expected. I assumed it was a side-scrolling shooty thingy. Doesn't seem that straight-forward. I'm liking it though, very moody.

While I thought Sleeping Dogs is a good game, the main issues I had with it were lack of variety, and lack of challenge. The game is too easy, you can basically counter everything easily (melee) and use slow-mo for gun fights. There isn't one single thing I could think of in the game that had any challenge to it, which doesn't seem to be brought up much.

#13772 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Anyone played Lucius yet? How is that game?

#13773 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

While I thought Sleeping Dogs is a good game, the main issues I had with it were lack of variety, and lack of challenge. The game is too easy, you can basically counter everything easily (melee) and use slow-mo for gun fights. There isn't one single thing I could think of in the game that had any challenge to it, which doesn't seem to be brought up much.

It had enough challenge for me. I had to re-do several drug busts because I got my arse kicked, they were only easier later on because I'd picked up some more health.

Each to their own I guess. It had a suitable level of challenge for me. If it was too hard I wouldn't have bothered playing on :)

#13774 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Anyone played Lucius yet? How is that game?

..meh.

#13775 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

..meh.

Care to expand? Six characters, half of which are punctuation, don't give us much to go on.

#13776 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

I like what I've played of Lucius so far. I love the creepy vibe that the main character gives off in this game, which really makes you feel like you're in the world of "The Omen". I posted this video in the groupees thread, but I'll also leave it here, as I think it gives a good impression of the gameplay. "Hitman With a Six Year Old" is not a bad description here, as it invokes the spirit of that series, getting a target and trying to kill them through stealthy means and inventory items, although the actual gameplay is a little more linear than the open nature of Hitman's missions.

Posted Image

#13777 beebs

beebs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Deadlight mid-week madness for $7.49

Trololololol...

The sickening part is it makes it to the Top Sellers.

#13778 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I'd be into getting the bundle just for Lucius if I hadn't already watched Dodger's (press heart to continue) entire play-through on youtube.

#13779 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

edit: bummer DragonBorn GMG only gets 20% off not 25% off prepurchase. Oh well. 1$ difference.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 29 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#13780 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

edit: bummer DragonBorn GMG only gets 20% off not 25% off prepurchase. Oh well. 1$ difference.

I can't get any of their coupons to work on the Dragonborn DLC. Which one are you using for 20% off?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

#13781 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Metro 2033
GT Legends (dunno if it's one of those infamous polish CD keys, so use at your own risk)
DOTA 2 (lulz)
Trine
Toy Soldiers

Those are still up for grabs, so if someone's still interested PM me!
I mean, come on, there's Metro 2033! How many CAGers could possibly have it already??
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#13782 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Did Steam totally die?

(And it's back.)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13783 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

For those interested on the Groupees Rock for meals bundle, I just bought it. The stars are Fifty Dollar Dinasty and The Mothership, IMHO. All the bands are great... but those two are the stars

#13784 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

For those that were considering Deadlight (from the Amazon bundle for a cheaper price than what it is on Steam right now), the game is decent but not really worth the asking price. I sat down to play it and beat it in three hours with nearly every achievement in the game (sans beating it in Nightmare mode). The game played a little like Shadow Complex but without any upgrades to weapons or development to the main character. The story was a little boring and predictable, puzzles were not in the least bit challenging, and it had a number of graphical and sound issues that prevented it from running very well on my mid-high end machine. I'm sure if the latter were fixed, I would have enjoyed it even a tad more. The backgrounds were really detailed and well done but were overshadowed by the fact that the video customization was basically nil. In short, this game really felt messy and haphazardly put together. Its amazing it even passed Microsoft's QA.

I would recommend it for those that are looking to play a 2D Zombie Shooter that focuses more on platforming than combat. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is expecting a polished, engaging game that is anything more than an excuse to cross another game off a backlog list.

Overall, I would give it a 3/10. It was well worth the dollar I paid for it but I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13785 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

All keys gone except the one for DOTA 2... my preciousssssss... ;)

Your GTX 650 has very similar performance to my GTX 260. No clue about Win8, but in Win7 using a Basic (non-Aero) theme bought me 10+FPS in Sleeping Dogs. Below is the tweak guide I used, as well as my benchmark. Try my settings on the benchmark and see what you get.

I finally got Sleeping Dogs to work thanks to the benchmark suggested by ashes (didn't even noticed it was included in the game), and was able to turn ambient occlusion and motion blur up a notch... guess what, the game automatically took my integrated HD4000 as the default GPU, so I had to force GT650 output through the NVIDIA control panel. I had the very same problem with Magicka.
Time to throw it again into my backlog, then... :lol:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#13786 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I'd be into getting the bundle just for Lucius if I hadn't already watched Dodger's (press heart to continue) entire play-through on youtube.

Now that is about the cheapest cheap ass gamer you can possibly be. Keeping yourself safe from repetitive motion injuries is a plus. Well done. :lol:

#13787 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

[quote name='walkonshadows'][quote name='Junpei']Thanks, I saw that you already posted your benchmark some messages ago, but it flew over my head somehow... I'll try that once I get home :)

Here are my results, oddly the average fps stays relatively the same...

With Aero, V-Sync On:
Spoiler

With Aero, V-Sync off:
Spoiler

Without Aero, V-Sync On:
Spoiler

Without Aero, V-Sync Off:
Spoiler

As you can see, there is a marked improvement with Aero turned off, but in my case, only when V-Sync is turned off.[/QUOTE]

Actually, don't you get better performance with Aero turned on and V-Sync off rather than both turned off? lol

& yeah, Nightmare In North Point was not fun. Still, Sleeping Dogs was my personal favorite game of the year.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#13788 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

All keys gone except the one for DOTA 2... my preciousssssss... ;)

You could always spam the Steam community forums for every game with threads titled 'Trading DOTA 2 for this game!'.

steam_sig.png

#13789 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Dota 2 can now be sold on the market! And there is a newlisting on the market for games.... So expect to be able to sell games on your inventory this year :D

#13790 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Is anyone interested in APB Reloaded? Really fun team based open-world crime TPS. F2P, definitely not P2W (pay to win). The game seriously has the best customization in any game ever. Ever.

I've got a code for 3 free days of premium that I'll give to the first person who actually would play the game. Premium just means you get boosted cash and experience (towards equipment unlocks), really. Nice if you're starting up and learning, but not really necessary once you know what you're doing. I think the code should work for anyone.

PM me if you're interested!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13791 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Dota 2 can now be sold on the market! And there is a newlisting on the market for games.... So expect to be able to sell games on your inventory this year :D

This guy knew all along! Easy free $60 :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

76561198014930049.png

#13792 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Sleeping Dogs has the best cosmetic dlc ever

Spoiler

Wow, that area even looks like one from DXHR—the apartment/sleep tube complex.

Wait aero themes really can affect my fps?

Never heard this either, but I know fuckall about tweaks and customization.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#13793 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

New BL2 shift code good for 5 keys: KJW3B-BT9WC-9K6BB-BTTJ3-WTX99

#13794 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Wow, that area even looks like one from DXHR—the apartment/sleep tube complex.

Well they do both take place in Hong Kong. Even though ones in the future, it makes sense they'd look similar.

#13795 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

New BL2 shift code good for 5 keys: KJW3B-BT9WC-9K6BB-BTTJ3-WTX99

Damn, you beat me to it.

I was totally going to be like,

On the twenty-ninth day of January, Randy Pitchford gave to me, five gold keys...

Four player mode,
Three download contents,
Two...

Ok, I've got nothing.

#13796 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Well they do both take place in Hong Kong. Even though ones in the future, it makes sense they'd look similar.

i derp'd

Who's down for some first-world problems with all those Paradox keys?

Damn, you beat me to it.

I was totally going to be like,

On the twenty-ninth day of January, Randy Pitchford gave to me, five gold keys...

Four player mode,
Three download contents,
Two...

Ok, I've got nothing.

Sung in Crazy Earl's voice.

Edited by dfg, 30 January 2013 - 03:45 AM.
my brain

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#13797 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I think the Aero theme affecting your FPS is only an issue with low-end computers and laptops. I believe the concern is for paged graphics memory and RAM, so if you've got a DDR3/5, 1GB or higher GPU, you shouldn't notice much of a difference.

#13798 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Who's down for some first-world problems with all those Paradox keys?

?

#13799 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

?

All will be included in the EC promotion.

1. Pint Sized Paradox Package - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon all Steam) contains:

• Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Majesty Gold - HD
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Faith
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Albion
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack

2. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

• Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka Collection
  • Magicka The Stars Are Left DLC
  • Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
  • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
  • Victoria II
3. Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

• Defenders of Ardania Battlemagic
  • Defenders of Ardania
  • Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty Gold - HD
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Powerful Lords DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
4. Paradox War Chest - $7.49 (2.49 after coupon) all Steam except Achtung Panzer contains:

• Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 - NOT STEAM
  • Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur Collections
  • King Arthur II
  • Victoria II
  • Victoria II: A House Divided - Expansion
Additionally, sometime tomorrow (when OPS is done making the bundles) these will go on sale:

Paradox 2012 Pack - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) I'll have to reconcile tomorrow what activates on Steam:

• A Game Of Dwarves
  • A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack
  • A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves
  • Crusader King Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC
  • Starvoid
  • War of the Roses - House of York Deluxe Edition
  • War of the Roses: House of Lancaster Armor Set DLC
  • War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane: Armageddon
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon): All Crusader Kings Content Amazon Digital Carries (Crusader Kings Complete + Crusader Kings II + DLC).

Cheers,
Tony

It would seem that all but the big pack are live as of now.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#13800 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Nice deals.

All I'm really looking for out of that stuff is CKII (Kind of more interested in the mods, so I don't even really care about the DLC).

If anyone is planning to get a pack and doesn't need CKII, I would gladly buy it off you.