Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13951 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

GGG has Guild Wars 2 - $22 Only available in Europe/UK, as these are European server keys.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13952 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

GGG has Guild Wars 2 - $22 Only available in Europe/UK, as these are European server keys.

:cry:

BL2 Shift key. It's good until Feb 3rd - CTWBT-X5ZWC-9WRB3-BJ3B3-RWF96
PSA: There will be a BL2 max level increase within the next month or two.

#13953 kitara91

kitara91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm probably the only one who hated Spec Ops: The Line. Ammo is so scarce, and it gets so repetitive hiding behind cover and popping out to headshot enemies. The controls as a third person shooter were pretty bad. As for the story, it was ok for me. I'm honestly tired of this whole

Spoiler
type of story. I just noticed myself trudging through the game instead of actually enjoying it. I've also played my fair share of third person hide and shoot games, but this one I was just dreading to play.

totally agree on the ammo part.

#13954 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm back to Mafia 2. Left it in the middle some time ago... Forgot how awesome it is. I hated Mafia 1, but Mafia 2 is great.

Now that I think of it, hope The Godfather: the game reappears, that was a great game too. I only played the first one a long time ago

#13955 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

WalkonShadows helped me out with a key I was looking for so here is a short Steam giveaway for CAG's only to pay it forward.

http://www.steamgift.../2Xceh/starvoid

#13956 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

:cry:

BL2 Shift key. It's good until Feb 3rd - CTWBT-X5ZWC-9WRB3-BJ3B3-RWF96
PSA: There will be a BL2 max level increase within the next month or two.

Yeah, I was pretty excited when I saw $22, then I saw the "not for you, émigré."

Thanks for the shift key! =) I always feel a little dirty entering Facbook Shift Keys.

totally agree on the ammo part.

The Spec Ops: The Line discussion has taken a weird turn, imo. I think that was my first TPS (proper) (and I'm not much of a FPS player -- BL1/BL2 doesn't count ^_~). I didn't have any ammo problems. I swapped guns more often for changing my loadout and low on ammo that out of ammo. I never felt ammo constrained. I would note that Spec Ops tries aims to be more realistic than most games.

US infantry is quite limited by the amount of ammo they can carry. IIRC the guy with M249 depends on his squadmates to carry ammunition for him. These limitations become for significant for Special Forces. This limitation drives a lot of research into smaller/light ammo: plastic casings, plastic bullets, telescoping bullets, caseless ammunition.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#13957 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Played H&D since it was free to try it. And I REALLY liked it. Will certainly add it to my list of games to buy this year.

#13958 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Played H&D since it was free to try it. And I REALLY liked it. Will certainly add it to my list of games to buy this year.

You might want to keep an eye out for Painkiller: Black then. It's usual sale price is $2.50, but it was in recent bundle (IG?) so there should be cheap keys in the trading thread.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#13959 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Well, I tried to send it to him. He's not missing out because someone else asked for codes I offered to regulars of the thread because a lurker leeched what I posted, he's really missing out because of this:

"Blade has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

:( I cleared out some space if you are still inclined to send it CKII to me. I'll treat it right, mister! Promise!

#13960 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Apropos of nothing, my steam overlay has decided to stop working on at least some of my games (haven't checked more than 2). WTF. First noticed it with Borderlands 2, but it also won't work with SR3.

Saints Row 3 has also decided to become unplayable. I wanted to check out Whored Mode a little last night... my god, the FPS was at like 3 frames a second. Chugfest. I played 60 hours of this stupid game just fine. It's weird. I haven't changed anything on my computer. Bah.

Metro 2033 won't launch.

This is my lucky week :P

#13961 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Prototype 2 is only $15.99 which is more than twice what Amazon charged for both P1 and P2 about 2 months ago...lol

Edit:

And the Radnet DLC isn't included here either! Makes it $20.99 for both.

#13962 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Apropos of nothing, my steam overlay has decided to stop working on at least some of my games (haven't checked more than 2). WTF. First noticed it with Borderlands 2, but it also won't work with SR3.

Saints Row 3 has also decided to become unplayable. I wanted to check out Whored Mode a little last night... my god, the FPS was at like 3 frames a second. Chugfest. I played 60 hours of this stupid game just fine. It's weird. I haven't changed anything on my computer. Bah.

Metro 2033 won't launch.

This is my lucky week :P

For SR:TT try verifying the game cache.

#13963 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Prototype 2 is only $15.99 which is more than twice what Amazon charged for both P1 and P2 about 2 months ago...lol

Edit:

And the Radnet DLC isn't included here either! Makes it $20.99 for both.

Shame Amazon doesn't bring that pack back.

#13964 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

The Spec Ops: The Line discussion has taken a weird turn, imo. I think that was my first TPS (proper) (and I'm not much of a FPS player -- BL1/BL2 doesn't count ^_~). I didn't have any ammo problems. I swapped guns more often for changing my loadout and low on ammo that out of ammo. I never felt ammo constrained. I would note that Spec Ops tries aims to be more realistic than most games.

US infantry is quite limited by the amount of ammo they can carry. IIRC the guy with M249 depends on his squadmates to carry ammunition for him. These limitations become for significant for Special Forces. This limitation drives a lot of research into smaller/light ammo: plastic casings, plastic bullets, telescoping bullets, caseless ammunition.

and robotic pack mules

Guardian_owl.png

#13965 fbTurbine

fbTurbine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

and robotic pack mules

That is AWESOME :applause:
Posted Image

#13966 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

What happened to the cag steam group? It said that it was administratively disabled.

#13967 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Steam has shut down this group and other groups related to trading and good deals. A dick move on their part.

Just a heads up on the dick moves Steam does...lol

#13968 Veteranu

Veteranu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Trader's Guild was disabled too...

#13969 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm not surprised. They disabled Hookups a couple of weeks ago citing the same reasons even though it isn't in their TOS from what I read. It is a shame I really liked Hookups (got some great deals on preorders there). Looks like now Valve is cleaning house on other groups that do the same things.

#13970 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I guess they got pissed off at people pointing out that other places have better prices for games than them.
The only solution is to continuing buying games and steam keys from places other than Steam.

#13971 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Re: spec Ops

Spoiler

Make sure to go back and get all the intel items, it is all interesting story background information.

Ill have to go do those two as well. I have almost all the intel, I think I'm missing 3 or 4.

fs_overall.png

#13972 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

That's crazy bruh. Seve must be pissed

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#13973 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I guess they got pissed off at people pointing out that other places have better prices for games than them.
The only solution is to continuing buying games and steam keys from places other than Steam.

Given all the places you can get Steam keys from that cost less than anything Steam sells, even during their infamous sales, I've been wondering for a while now if Valve was going to clamp down at some point. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they instituted a small charge for each Steam key generated since they have to pay for the bandwidth (apparently Steam is something like the 4th biggest network bandwidth consumer in the world).

#13974 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Wow, total junk move, amazing!

#13975 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

That's pathetic. That just makes me want to shop elsewhere even more.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#13976 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Did anybody ever actually use the CAG Steam group? It was full of people I'd never heard of and the chatroom (on the few occasions I had the misfortune to use it) was full of people begging for Skyram.

It was symbolic, and nothing else, for me at least. If I want to look for deals, I come here. The unmoderated, heavily-swollen CAG Steam group is the last place I'd look.

On the plus side, today's the start of a three day weekend. Grump over! :D

#13977 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

I only beg for skyram here

makes me want to get DRM free games even more
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#13978 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Did anybody ever actually use the CAG Steam group? It was full of people I'd never heard of and the chatroom (on the few occasions I had the misfortune to use it) was full of people begging for Skyram.

It was symbolic, and nothing else, for me at least. If I want to look for deals, I come here. The unmoderated, heavily-swollen CAG Steam group is the last place I'd look.

It had definitely turned symbolic. But before the Steam Gifts thing it was a lot smaller and people did try to get group play going and they would announce good deals that would sometimes get to me before I got to CAG. That said, it's more the principle than anything else. I wonder if it has anything to do with their new marketplace where they want people to sell Steam inventory items through them.

#13979 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

So after a little bit of work I now have Alice Madness Returns on Steam complete with the Costume/Weapon DLC and a working copy of American McGee's Alice launchable thru Madness Returns. Very happy!

Also, page 700 :whee:

#13980 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

For whom?