Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14101 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hey man, not trying to bite on your idea but I created a 4 for February thread so that people could pair up and get this started

No worries man, you've saved me some trouble. :)

Of note, though, is that the "pick 4 for someone else/they pick for you" was a modifier the OP at NeoGAF did with his friend; it's not really required. That might be worth noting in the topic, as that might otherwise stop people from participating.

But thanks for making the topic, hopefully it does well. I'll whip together a shortlist of, say, the 10 or 15 titles I wouldn't mind going through, and seeing if I can tap someone to partner up. (Motoki?)

#14102 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

No worries man, you've saved me some trouble. :)

Of note, though, is that the "pick 4 for someone else/they pick for you" was a modifier the OP at NeoGAF did with his friend; it's not really required. That might be worth noting in the topic, as that might otherwise stop people from participating.

But thanks for making the topic, hopefully it does well. I'll whip together a shortlist of, say, the 10 or 15 titles I wouldn't mind going through, and seeing if I can tap someone to partner up. (Motoki?)

I really liked the idea of you picking for someone and they pick for you, but seeing how its just a fun challenge I think its open to however people wanna do it.

I created a list of my entire PC backlog, but I am kinda scared to let someone pick 4 games from it, so I may have to slim the options down a bit to like 20-25 games

#14103 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I created a list of my entire PC backlog, but I am kinda scared to let someone pick 4 games from it, so I may have to slim the options down a bit to like 20-25 games

So, Dark Souls for you, followed by Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim and Amalur! :lol:

#14104 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

So, Dark Souls for you, followed by Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim and Amalur! :lol:

Haha, Dark Souls is on the list, but probably wont make the final cut for my eligible titles, theres quite a few of other really lengthy games that wont be a option either

#14105 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Also, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is $9.89 thru Gamestop right now, activates on Steam.

I was quite fond of the original on PC pre-Steam, I'm looking forward to re-hone my skills and play a couple of games.
Are there any fundamental changes between Legendary and Chaos editions, and is the latter worth buying if you already own the former?

#14106 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

See above for Exhibit A on "why I'm not posting my entire backlog." :lol:

"What's that? Why yes, you should play through all of your sim games."

#14107 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

haha, I just whittled my list from like 250 games in my backlog to a list of less than 50 to choose from. I did try to keep a fair amount of variety though

#14108 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

See above for Exhibit A on "why I'm not posting my entire backlog." :lol:

"What's that? Why yes, you should play through all of your sim games."

That's why we should limit choices for (not overly long) story driven games... sims are ruled out by default, or maybe they could be choosen only if you can play them till obtaining a reasonable (still within the aforementioned play time) achievement.

#14109 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, this isn't for me. I have around 850 I've never played and don't want to go through them all and weed out multiplayer-only games and the like. Although I did "beat" Rusty Hearts by getting all but one or two achievements. Good enough.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#14110 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

That's why we should limit choices for (not overly long) story driven games... sims are ruled out by default, or maybe they could be choosen only if you can play them till obtaining a reasonable (still within the aforementioned play time) achievement.

I've edited the OP in the topic giving some basic rules. Any game is fair game, as long as it has a defined end point of some kind, or a set amount of content that can be gone through. You can also say no to someone who acts rather an ass and picks all 200+ hour games or the like. It's just for fun, so don't overthink it too much guys. :bouncy:

#14111 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

I've edited the OP in the topic giving some basic rules. Any game is fair game, as long as it has a defined end point of some kind, or a set amount of content that can be gone through. You can also say no to someone who acts rather an ass and picks all 200+ hour games or the like. It's just for fun, so don't overthink it too much guys. :bouncy:

Saw that you edited the OP, Thanks a ton. I knew someone would be able to set it up better than I had. Looking forward to see how this unfolds.

#14112 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

BL2 Shift key for 5 Golden keys. It's limited in number of redemptions!
53WTB-S9XKW-SWFT3-TJBJB-FWWZW

Thanks! I would have missed that.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14113 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I was quite fond of the original on PC pre-Steam, I'm looking forward to re-hone my skills and play a couple of games.
Are there any fundamental changes between Legendary and Chaos editions, and is the latter worth buying if you already own the former?

I think Chaos adds a new team or something quite underwhelming. Stick with Legendary if you already own it and play casually.

#14114 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Today's deal is Super Meat Boy at 75% off ($3.75 for game and $1.50 for soundtrack)

#14115 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Today's deal is Super Meat Boy at 75% off ($3.75 for game and $1.50 for soundtrack)

If someone doesn't have this game yet I highly recommend picking it up if you like a challenge (to say the least) :twisted: .
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14116 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

A Bunch of Surprise Games in the Steam Registry

Guys, if these entries are legit and they're not being added for some other, heretofore unknown purpose, then HOLY SHIT.
Posted Image

#14117 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Guys, if these entries are legit and they're not being added for some other, heretofore unknown purpose, then HOLY SHIT.

Wow, I am genuinely surprised by some of those entries.

#14118 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

King of Fighters and Halo 1-3? That interesting. The gem of the bunch is clearly Fast and Furious 6 though. That should be quality.

Edit: Cool, Fez and Lococycle are on there. I'll play those.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#14119 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

The indie stuff makes sense, but the Halo's seem kinda odd. They announced they were shutting down Halo 2 PC multiplayer this month, why would they do that if they were launching it on a new storefront which would substantially increase the playerbase?

#14120 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Cool. Based on those that I recognize, it makes sense. The most surprising one for me is Second Life... I suppose they need the exposure. Even Halo 3 makes sense to me, it's no longer a driving reason to get a (or replace your RROD'd) 360, so might as well monetize it on PC.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#14121 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

I have a recurring dream where I awaken on a crisp winter morning and fresh snow has blanketed the ground outside my bedroom window. I brew a cup of black coffee and check my email, only to find a notification that I have in fact been added to the Steam registry.

I do a search in the Steam client, then, after several minutes, exit out of the client, because it's taking too long. Instead I execute the same search on Steam's site in my browser, and find that while I am not a product for sale, I do have a community hub.

Eagerly, I look to see what's posted there.

A sole screenshot of a dog's erect penis.

Then I wake up.

#14122 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

The indie stuff makes sense, but the Halo's seem kinda odd. They announced they were shutting down Halo 2 PC multiplayer this month, why would they do that if they were launching it on a new storefront which would substantially increase the playerbase?

So it's going to change to Multiplayer going through Steam instead of being shut down. Microsoft doesn't have to run servers anymore, but still gets some sales from Steam. Steam gets a cut of sales of Halo games. Win-win.

#14123 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Heart of the Swarm for 30$ pre order from Newegg?

#14124 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Then I wake up.

Vhy don't you lie down on zis couch here and tell me avout your mudder...

#14125 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Heart of the Swarm for 30$ pre order from Newegg?

Shows up as $39.99 for me?

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#14126 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I have a recurring dream where I awaken on a crisp winter morning and fresh snow has blanketed the ground outside my bedroom window. I brew a cup of black coffee and check my email, only to find a notification that I have in fact been added to the Steam registry.

I do a search in the Steam client, then, after several minutes, exit out of the client, because it's taking too long. Instead I execute the same search on Steam's site in my browser, and find that while I am not a product for sale, I do have a community hub.

Then I wake up.

Ceci n'est pas une wang.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14127 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

This is not news; entries are added to the CDR all the time that end up being nothing. Final Fantasy 7 and 14 were both added to the database in 2011: http://cdr.thebronas...e:final fantasy
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#14128 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Shows up as $39.99 for me?

EMCYTZT2870 promo code, $10 off, works on these game pre-orders:
http://www.newegg.co...reOrder&x=0&y=0

#14129 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

EMCYTZT2870 promo code, $10 off, works on these game pre-orders:
http://www.newegg.co...reOrder&x=0&y=0

Thanks. I might have to bite on that. I really enjoyed the single-player on Wings of Liberty.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#14130 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Thanks. I might have to bite on that. I really enjoyed the single-player on Wings of Liberty.

^_^ When I first heard of that deal I was like, "meh." Now thinking about it, it is 25% off a Blizzard game (at release to boot). Looking at that list, Blizzard's $40 MSRP looks rather more favorable than the $50 and $60 launch prices.