Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14161 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Did anyone get their keys yet for La Mulana or Leisure Suit Larry from the Groupees bundle? Waiting on them.

Silly question but I'm asking anyways, why would we get keys for games that aren't released yet?

Indie Royale keys have always appeared within 2-3 days of a Steam release, not before.

#14162 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Silly question but I'm asking anyways, why would we get keys for games that aren't released yet?

Indie Royale keys have always appeared within 2-3 days of a Steam release, not before.

La Mulana isnt even on Steam yet...id imagine once its available we will get our keys. Groupees has yet to not deliver

I think im actually gonna play la mulana...maybe this crappy laptop i have can handle it....it has been playing hotline miami like crap

#14163 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

La Mulana isnt even on Steam yet...id imagine once its available we will get our keys. Groupees has yet to not deliver

I kinda meant that I was expecting to receive them eventually, just not in advance of a Steam release. :)

Forgive me, it's late. That power outage didn't help :cry:

#14164 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

I kinda meant that I was expecting to receive them eventually, just not in advance of a Steam release. :)

Forgive me, it's late. That power outage didn't help :cry:

Oh no dont worry Im drunk. I m just posting and i probably wont remember anything tomorrow.

#14165 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Oh no dont worry Im drunk. I m just posting and i probably wont remember anything tomorrow.

you owe me ten quid, i'll remind you in teh morning

#14166 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

you owe me ten quid, i'll remind you in teh morning

i have 10 pence at my desk at work does that work?

#14167 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Halo 1 PC is one of my favorite games of all-time. MP in it was beyond epic

Nobody wished me happy birthday :cry:

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#14168 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

It was epic aside from issues of cheaters, host advantage and such.

I used to play the Demo version online for hours upon hours every day for a long time before the game came out.

#14169 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hippy bird day.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14170 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

I did. But I sent my happy birthday wish telepathically.

#14171 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

We used all our birthday wishes on MysterD several months ago in the Amazon thread.

They're all gone now.

#14172 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

We used all our birthday wishes on MysterD several months ago in the Amazon thread.

They're all gone now.

I kinda figured that lol. He's Tony's Robin.

thanks The End & Idiot. I can always count on you two :lol:

MrBonk - I just enjoyed how easy it was to hop in and play, no party system or anything lol. Maps were great and the mods were fun with the all sniper games. CTF Blood Gulch/Battle Creek just never got old. I had more of a problem on Halo 2 XBX 'cuz host and cheaters were just frustrating playing ranked games.

anyways I think Max Payne 3 has been downloading for 3 days straight now. 30GB is redikalous

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#14173 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

The Hitman Absolution Professional Edition is on sale for $16.99 at Green Man Gaming. On top of that, you can get $1 cashback or $2 in GMG credit. Steam required.

http://www.greenmang...nal-edition-na/

#14174 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

I was wondering, since I already own F:NV without any dlc... what will happen if I redeem a Ultimate key? I'm asking because steam says that I already own NV:U.

#14175 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I was wondering, since I already own F:NV without any dlc... what will happen if I redeem a Ultimate key? I'm asking because steam says that I already own NV:U.

You'll receive only all the dlc.

#14176 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

The Hitman Absolution Professional Edition is on sale for $16.99 at Green Man Gaming. On top of that, you can get $1 cashback or $2 in GMG credit. Steam required.

http://www.greenmang...nal-edition-na/

For us EU folks, it turns magically into €20.39... pity, since I would've bitten at €12/13... the times aren't ripe yet for it to become an integral part of my backlog...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#14177 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

For us EU folks, it turns magically into €20.39... pity, since I would've bitten at €12/13... the times aren't ripe yet for it to become an integral part of my backlog...

Just go for it. It was my 2nd GOTY, beat only by Sleeping Dogs.

#14178 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

€20 are pretty much $27-28

#14179 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Just go for it. It was my 2nd GOTY, beat only by Sleeping Dogs.

I know it's a good game but, backlog's size considered, it would be lucky if it'll be my 2015-2016 GOTY, so I'm delaying the inevitable by convincing myself that I'll never play it shortly... after all, the Humble Hitman Bundle will surely happen, right? :bouncy:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#14180 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

In my opinion it wasn't even that good, it's more like a splinter cell than a hitman game...

You'll receive only all the dlc.

Fair enough, I was worried about the "you already own this product, press next to install" without any dlcs.

#14181 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hitman Derpalution will be sub $10 within a few months. Squeenix looks like it's in trouble with the aggressive price slashes they've done recently.

#14182 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

I loved Hitman Absolution. It had issues; the stealth was brutally tough but not as satisfying as Splinter Cell or Mark the Ninja but on the whole I still enjoyed the ride.

#14183 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

I loved Hitman Absolution. It had issues; the stealth was brutally tough but not as satisfying as Splinter Cell or Mark the Ninja but on the whole I still enjoyed the ride.

For me it was "broken", especially when you compare it with the older Hitman. I played on purist and the disguise system was completely useless. I could've lived with something like H2 where you can't run in front of enemies without making them suspicious about you... but here they get suspicious even if you're surrounded by dozens of people. I don't know if they patched it though.

How's the stealth system in Mark of the Ninja? by the look of it I thought that it was simplistic, but I didn't installed it yet.

#14184 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hitman Derpalution will be sub $10 within a few months. Squeenix looks like it's in trouble with the aggressive price slashes they've done recently.

Lol not only do their prices drop so quick, but they can't seem to stop having major sales. In the past two weeks alone, they had a huge sale on their online store, there was the Steam Square-Enix weekend sale, as well as this weekend on GMG. Still waiting to see Kane & Lynch 2 at 75 percent off though (only decided recently that I'd like to get it) :cry:.

#14185 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

For me it was "broken", especially when you compare it with the older Hitman. I played on purist and the disguise system was completely useless. I could've lived with something like H2 where you can't run in front of enemies without making them suspicious about you... but here they get suspicious even if you're surrounded by dozens of people. I don't know if they patched it though.

How's the stealth system in Mark of the Ninja? by the look of it I thought that it was simplistic, but I didn't installed it yet.

I cannot imagine why anyone would play on purist their first time. Games are mechanical systems and it has to be nigh impossible to learn the systems by turning off all the information conveyance your first time. Once you figure out that thrown item distractions are mechanical and always have the same effect on the AI the game becomes a lot easier.

I don't know why they would patch it. That disguise system is entirely intentional and an integral part of the gameplay. The levels would be hilariously easy if a disguise just let you walk through.

Mark the Ninja was elegant. That's the way I would describe it. Sights, sounds, shadow, and acrobatics. It just works really well.

#14186 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

I cannot imagine why anyone would play on purist their first time. Games are mechanical systems and it has to be nigh impossible to learn the systems by turning off all the information conveyance your first time. Once you figure out that thrown item distractions are mechanical and always have the same effect on the AI the game becomes a lot easier.

I don't know why they would patch it. That disguise system is entirely intentional and an integral part of the gameplay. The levels would be hilariously easy if a disguise just let you walk through.

Mark the Ninja was elegant. That's the way I would describe it. Sights, sounds, shadow, and acrobatics. It just works really well.

Because it seemed the right difficulty to play. The levels weren't that easy with the first 4 Hitman, and there was a (working) disguise system.

#14187 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14188 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Birthday? That was on January 1, wasn't it? Isn't everyone's?

#14189 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

L.A. Noire Outtakes

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#14190 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Jeez what is it, indie month on Steam?

Half Minute Hero 66% off #3.39