Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14281 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Cities In Motion and all DLC (except 1) are on (secret) sale for 75% off, so fot those that picked it up in the bundle a month ago, now's your chance to collect the DLC for it. Note that the London City DLC doesn't show up in the DLC list on the front page and won't be bought by adding "All DLC" to your cart, the London DLC can be downloaded by buying the collection (w/ base game) or has to be manually added to your cart via this link: http://store.steampo...com/app/206720/

Buying the collection here: http://store.steampo....com/sub/15821/ is still the way to go as it's $12.49 and includes London, buying the "All DLC" then subtracting the only DLC that's not on sale (Design Quirks), and then adding London separately=$13.13.

Any of the DLC worth it?

#14282 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I've been loving War of the Roses, but having some really silly FPS issues. The game runs awesome maxed out at 60 FPS, but it will constantly flip-flop to 30 FPS. Even on the lowest settings with lighting turned off (lol...) it will constantly just decide to switch from 60 FPS to 30 FPS, then back, and back again, on and on for the entire battle.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14283 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I've been loving War of the Roses, but having some really silly FPS issues. The game runs awesome maxed out at 60 FPS, but it will constantly flip-flop to 30 FPS. Even on the lowest settings with lighting turned off (lol...) it will constantly just decide to switch from 60 FPS to 30 FPS, then back, and back again, on and on for the entire battle.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

It's your computer. It must stuck. You should just send it to me and buy a new one. Put skyrim on it before you mail it. Thanks.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#14284 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Looks like the Steam group Hookups is now back. Not sure how, all I knows is the guy that ran it had called Valve and spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and now it seems to be back up. Took like 3 weeks I think from when it was taken down.

#14285 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

It's your computer. It must stuck. You should just send it to me and buy a new one. Put skyrim on it before you mail it. Thanks.

Or send it to me, Im running a laptop that cant even handle hotline miami. I MAY be gettiing my gaming PC back tomorrow though

#14286 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

At least spell "suck" right!

And honestly, being able to play Battlefield 3 at 50-60 FPS, while WotR is a mess... That's the definition of silly.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14287 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

At least spell "suck" right!

And honestly, being able to play Battlefield 3 at 50-60 FPS, while WotR is a mess... That's the definition of silly.

Poorly coded maybe? Saints Row the Third was this way too. I mean I can run Battlefield at a steady 40 fps but SR3 doesn't go past 24.

#14288 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Snuggle Truck is the new IGN free game of the month. Woooooooooo!!!!

#14289 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Snuggle Truck is the new IGN free game of the month. Woooooooooo!!!!

I saw that

JMR7P-Z99WX-XH83K

#14290 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

id prefer gears than halo on pc

I want it all on PC - ALL of Halo series and ALL of Gears of War series.
And Fable 2 PC, as well.

#14291 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

I played Snuggle Truck for all of five minutes.

#14292 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

I saw that they announced The Witcher 3, which will be releasing in 2014.

http://www.gog.com/n..._two_for_50_off

Both of the first two are on sale on GOG, so might be a potential midweek madness or weekend sale to match, although they've been lower before.

I so can't wait for Witcher 3:
http://gematsu.com/2...-hunt-announced

#14293 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

So it seems the reason why all those deals groups on Steam got taken down is out now.

From the Hookups announcement

This was a long battle to get this group back. The things that are changing is that we can not post anymore Origin Deals Ever! That was the main issue they had with Hookups. Any deal that supports Steam and directs people to use Steam like all the Steam deals from GreenManGaming, GamersGate, and Amazon and other sites like that are ok. But we can't post any competitors like Origin.

TLDR
Can't post anymore Origin deals. They don't care about GMG/GG/GF deals for Steam, they just don't want Origin deals posted (games only for it or sales on it).

#14294 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Ninja'ed

TLDR; Valve and EA Frenemies forever.

Looks like the Steam group Hookups is now back. Not sure how, all I knows is the guy that ran it had called Valve and spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and now it seems to be back up. Took like 3 weeks I think from when it was taken down.

They just posted an announcement. The top thing of their new rules is no posting Origin deals ever.

Wait. Origin has deals? :-P

Seriously though, I'm kind of shocked that is one of the things that stirred the pot.

They did add the obligatory no Russian keys etc. but apparently he said the main issue was that Valve didn't like them posting Origin deals. :shock: I'm pretty flabbergasted at that. The whole EA/Valve war must be ramping up even more.

steam_sig.png

#14295 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Ninja'ed

TLDR; Valve and EA Frenemies forever.

They just posted an announcement. The top thing of their new rules is no posting Origin deals ever.

Seriously though, I'm kind of shocked that is one of the things that stirred the pot.

They did add the obligatory no Russian keys etc. but apparently he said the main issue was that Valve didn't like them posting Origin deals. :shock: I'm pretty flabbergasted at that. The whole EA/Valve war must be ramping up even more.

Sounds like Origin is making Valve nervous.....kinda sad honestly

#14296 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

When you've got a competitor that makes up outright lies and goes out of their way to try to destroy you, yeah, I'd ban them from everything I could as well.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#14297 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

When you've got a competitor that makes up outright lies and goes out of their way to try to destroy you, yeah, I'd ban them from everything I could as well.

I dont mind Origin

#14298 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

:applause:

76561197971332172.png

#14299 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Sounds like Origin is making Valve nervous.....kinda sad honestly

You don't stay on the top by being complacent

#14300 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Me and my friends played the heck out of that back in the day. We put a big piece of cardboard down the middle of the screen and put a team on each side to eliminate screen watching. We called it the Bond Divider, though it worked well for Perfect Dark as well.

CLUE - Goldeneye Edition
Spoiler

They had their first real deal two weeks back, Crysis 2 Max for $5, lowest price ever. In early fall I picked up NFS: ProStreet for $4 (the lowest it's ever been, I hadn't seen it for less than $20), which fills the hole in my NFS collection.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14301 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Might have been mentioned but the current Indie Game Stand game, McDroid, is also on Greenlight: http://steamcommunit...rchtext=mcdroid

#14302 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I dont mind Origin

It's not a horrible service, I don't mind it. I would never buy a non EA game off it though. I am not going to limit my gaming just because of one service unless it's that god awful. Luckily I haven't come across that yet.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14303 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

When you've got a competitor that makes up outright lies

What are you referencing with this?

#14304 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Hmm, nice price on Rayman Origins today.

#14305 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Might have been mentioned but the current Indie Game Stand game, McDroid, is also on Greenlight: http://steamcommunit...rchtext=mcdroid

Has anyone tried this? Worth $1? And is there any history of them giving out the Steam keys when (if) it's greenlit?

fs_overall.png

#14306 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

What are you referencing with this?

sounds like air-conditioned youth talk
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#14307 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Do we count when people were able to download the entire origin library for free? I only grabbed NFS Hot Pursuit for free but i thought I read that other people got like 75 games free

#14308 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

So i finally got to look at my steam account and noticed im no longer part of BGCQ. Been busy the last week or 2 playing Ni No Kuni. i didnt even notice of the "purge" reminders and all. My fault i guess. Anyway, thanks for the run and giveaways i won over there. Hope everyone enjoyed the games i brought to that group as well. Until next time i guess... or until a new group pops that will be as exciting and fun as how BGCQ started out to be. Cheers!

#14309 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

People use Origin aside from getting free games? Whoa...

And wait a minute, I only have 33 free games. Did I miss out on a bunch? I demand a 20% compensation for this!
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#14310 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

So i finally got to look at my steam account and noticed im no longer part of BGCQ. Been busy the last week or 2 playing Ni No Kuni. i didnt even notice of the "purge" reminders and all. My fault i guess. Anyway, thanks for the run and giveaways i won over there. Hope everyone enjoyed the games i brought to that group as well. Until next time i guess... or until a new group pops that will be as exciting and fun as how BGCQ started out to be. Cheers!

There was a change to the rules and everyone needed to comment to indicate agreement or be removed. I nearly missed it myself. Technically, I DID miss it myself as I commented after the posted deadline. There was never an announcement that went out or an effort made to tell people about it outside of visiting the group, so far as I saw.

I'm guessing you should just have to message Spoony and agree to the new condition in order to be reinstated.