Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14371 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Bientôt l’été is a videogame for two players. Two players who pretend to be lovers. They pretend to be lovers separated from each other by lightyears of deep space.

I don't know what this has to do with the literal translation of the title ("bientot" is soon and "l'ete" is summer) but I like the concept. Gonna totally play this with anyone who mistakes me for a female because of my avatar. ;)

#14372 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I don't know what this has to do with the literal translation of the title ("bientot" is soon and "l'ete" is summer) but I like the concept. Gonna totally play this with anyone who mistakes me for a female because of my avatar. ;)

Here I thought you was the candy cane.:shame:
Posted Image

#14373 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Anyone know what Cities XL Platinum is?

Its $30 but $4.50 for anyone that owns 2011 or 2012. Not sure if that 85% is intended or a glitch.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#14374 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I know, right? I wonder how games like this make it to Steam, while other higher-caliber games like this one are being required to go through the Greenlight process.

I'm infinitely more interested in the French art game than in Venetica.

#14375 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

They say on the Steam page that it's an intended sale, which is a huge discount. I'm guessing that if you have 2011/12, then it's basically the same game with a few extra buildings. It doesn't look that much different from the other two games, and the sale could only make sense that way.

http://store.steampo...1_7_7_151_150_1

#14376 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

They say on the Steam page that it's an intended sale, which is a huge discount. I'm guessing that if you have 2011/12, then it's basically the same game with a few extra buildings. It doesn't look that much different from the other two games, and the sale could only make sense that way.

By extension, I assume that means that people who own 2011/12 could buy the new one at a discount as gifts for others at the discount price.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14377 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Thanks Motoki and Spoony. I was more or less curious as to the why. Makes sense and I get it.

I'm also not particularly social... well it's not me mostly because I play at weird times and hours and can't be hemmed in with being in specific places at specific times.

#14378 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Tonight I start The Witcher series for the February thing. Any generic advice?

I haven't played Witcher 2, so this advice only applies to Witcher 1. Don't be afraid to use your potions. Your inventory will be overflowing with the materials to make them if you don't. I held onto almost all of the potions I found/crafted in case I ran into a really difficult enemy. I did run into difficult enemies, but I didn't need to drink 5 potions to defeat them, so I ended the game with more potions in my inventory than anything else. So drink up, but watch your toxicity.

Edited by DukeEdwardI, 07 February 2013 - 01:19 AM.
needless passive aggressive intro

#14379 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

So is this basically Cities 2013? Or is it an expansion to one of them? I read that 2012 was basically just 2011 with a few buildings so I skipped it (and by the way, I'm not finding Cities 2012 on the Steam store anymore). But I picked up Platinum anyway because I'm desperate for a city sim to hold me over until SimCity.

#14380 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

*Edit: sorta ninja'ed but the clarification on the 50 new buildings beyond 2012 and no extra DRM info is new.

So Cities XL 2012 got removed from the store and the new replacement is Cities XL Platinum.

http://store.steampo....com/app/231140

Owners of Cities XL 2012 or Cities XL 2011 can buy it at an 85% off discount, so for $4.50.

A rep from Focus said it's only 50 new buildings over what 2012 has so not much of an upgrade there but for those who only had 2011 there's a lot of new content because it has all the 2012 stuff + the new platinum buildings so it could be a good deal for those people.

http://steamcommunit...44689669209622/

Originally posted by Thierry:
Yeah, for Cities XL 2012 owners, it's only 50 new buildings.
For 2011 owners or newcomers, it's more worthy to buy the game especially the discount.

Platinum is not a new game but it replaces 2012.

Also he says there is no DRM except for Steam in this version. (The past versions had Securom)

Thierry [developer] 3 minutes ago
No DRM excepts the Steam one.

On a side note, if anyone has Cities 2011 or 2012 and would be willing to sell me a gift copy of platinum I wouldn't complain. :-P
Thanks Drabelincoln! :)

steam_sig.png

#14381 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

*Edit: sorta ninja'ed but the clarification on the 50 new buildings beyond 2012 and no extra DRM info is new.

So Cities XL 2012 got removed from the store and the new replacement is Cities XL Platinum.

http://store.steampo....com/app/231140

Owners of Cities XL 2012 or Cities XL 2011 can buy it at an 85% off discount, so for $4.50.

A rep from Focus said it's only 50 new buildings over what 2012 has so not much of an upgrade there but for those who only had 2011 there's a lot of new content because it has all the 2012 stuff + the new platinum buildings so it could be a good deal for those people.

http://steamcommunit...44689669209622/

Also he says there is no DRM except for Steam in this version. (The past versions had Securom)

On a side note, if anyone has Cities 2011 or 2012 and would be willing to sell me a gift copy of platinum I wouldn't complain. :-P
Thanks Drabelincoln! :)

Thanks for the info. I'm coming from 2011 so it seems like its not a bad deal for me.

#14382 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

If you were dropped from the group, it's not a lifetime ban or anything. I just had to see who was paying attention and actually wanted to be in the group. I intentionally did not post anything about it on here because I wanted to see who was actually using it.

Here's the deal: there was a lot of BS going on. We sorted it out and decided to implement a civility rule. We also decided to make a push to have the group actually be worth something more than a place to get free keys. To that end, we are running more discussions and events from the group page. We want people in the group who are going to participate in it. If you want to be a part of the group (again) then PM me. But only do so if you actually plan on being a part of a community there. We want to see people talking and playing games with each other.

You needed to /sign some thread or something stupid. I read the announcement after I got kicked since that's viewable, but I probably wouldn't have signed whatever discussion thread it was referring to. The idea of needing to sign something like that is stupid in my opinion. Not a big deal either way as I haven't participated in anything really. At least not enough for me to warrant wanting to get back in.

As for the pop-up stuff, what you're seeing is calendar scheduled stuff that was scheduled before you were booted.

I self-removed from the group, but still get constant "new comment" reminders even to threads I never subscribed to on BGCQ, I would love to turn them off, as I can't see the threads at all, and therefor can't click unsubscribe, any chance you could fix that Spoony?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#14383 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

To end all the suspense no I haven't bought CK Commercial: The Game yet and yes I have thought about it, but after reading various thoughts of people who bought it about how it has wonky controls, there's not much to it and a forced multiplayer requirement when no one has this damned game even I decided against it.

This isn't to say I won't gift it to Gilby and make him play it for Four for February though...:twisted:

I'm infinitely more interested in the French art game than in Venetica.

Honestly if you can get past the cartoony graphics Venetica is pretty decent. It's a hell of a lot more polished and put together than most stuff on Greenlight, which I realize isn't saying a lot but still.

If you really need an artsy farsty French game then go for Winter Voices. At least that has some meat to gameplay.

It's depressing as hell and a huge drudgery pain in the ass but that actually kind of works in a weird meta game sort of way to help you identify with the main character's plight and I rather like that game in spite of itself.

steam_sig.png

#14384 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Honestly if you can get past the cartoony graphics Venetica is pretty decent. It's a hell of a lot more polished and put together than most stuff on Greenlight, which I realize isn't saying a lot but still.

I realize it's a pretty polished game, as it got a budget release on 360 and PS3 over a year ago. I'm just not interested in that type of game, particularly when there are similar, even more polished games of its type in my backlog already.

#14385 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

I realize it's a pretty polished game, as it got a budget release on 360 and PS3 over a year ago. I'm just not interested in that type of game, particularly when there are similar, even more polished games of its type in my backlog already.

That's fair enough.

I just think it's silly that it's on Greenlight in the first place. Same for Grey Matter too. If it was published by some company other than DTP or if Atari and Viva Media (who own the US rights to those games) had got off their asses and promoted them better and actually put them on Steam, then they wouldn't even need to be on Greenlight.

At least Valve finally got their heads out of the asses about Drakensang: The River of Time and realized 'Oh gee if a game is already on Steam we probably shouldn't make DTP go through Greenlight'.

steam_sig.png

#14386 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

I wonder if they fixed all the performance issues with cities 201*, thats the only reason I never picked them up was that basically everyone complained how it only utilized a single core and had huge memory leaks; once you got above a certain population threshold the game slowed to a crawl

#14387 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

At least Valve finally got their heads out of the asses about Drakensang: The River of Time and realized 'Oh gee if a game is already on Steam we probably shouldn't make DTP go through Greenlight'.

I wish I had kept a tally running over the last 3 months for every time you brought up Drakensang: RoT.

#14388 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Gonna vote yes for Venetia. I mean it's bound to be in an indie bundle at some point, or $2.50 on sale. :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14389 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

I just think it's silly that it's on Greenlight in the first place. Same for Grey Matter too. If it was published by some company other than DTP or if Atari and Viva Media (who own the US rights to those games) had got off their asses and promoted them better and actually put them on Steam, then they wouldn't even need to be on Greenlight.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that new French art game on Greenlight, that's kind of par for the course. It just came out of nowhere being released on Steam. I would say all the games that have been "greenlit" look better than this one.

#14390 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Funny enough that reminds me I need to play Drakensang: The River of Time..Really enjoyed Darkensang:The Dark Eye...well all of it expect for the last battle which I ended up quitting and just watching the ending on youtube....Still amazing game up to that point. :cry:
Posted Image

#14391 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

lol... wishful thinking. I think COD is like the Madden of military shooters. We'll just get a different iteration. Maybe an entire version based on the zombie apocalypse by 2015.

I'd actually play that lol.

#14392 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I self-removed from the group, but still get constant "new comment" reminders even to threads I never subscribed to on BGCQ, I would love to turn them off, as I can't see the threads at all, and therefor can't click unsubscribe, any chance you could fix that Spoony?

Not that I know of. You can always come back. Everyone's been potty trained now ;)

logo.png

#14393 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Man that new Tales of Tales game on the store looks frigging hilarious. Those guys have their heads further up their own asses than Peter Molyneux and David Cage combined.

#14394 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Man that new Tales of Tales game on the store looks frigging hilarious. Those guys have their heads further up their own asses than Peter Molyneux and David Cage combined.

I'll probably pick it up in the summer sale, then again I have a soft spot for both Peter Molyneux AND David Cage!

#14395 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

On the plus side, Steam has a new contender for the Feb 14th daily deal besides "Dinner Date".

#14396 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

On the plus side, Steam has a new contender for the Feb 14th daily deal besides "Dinner Date".

The perfect game to spice up your long distance relationship with your French girlfriend.

#14397 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

The perfect game to spice up your long distance relationship with your French girlfriend.

who happens to be a fat, balding nerd from New Jersey

logo.png

#14398 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

who happens to be a fat, balding nerd from New Jersey

That speaks French.

#14399 BigSpoonyBard