Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14551 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Get me a copy off the black market for $0.75 Jake, kthx.

lol, even if i could, i wouldnt sell that trash to anyone.. the only reason i have it is cuz it was in the quakecon pack a few summers ago.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#14552 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

lol, even if i could, i wouldnt sell that trash to anyone.. the only reason i have it is cuz it was in the quakecon pack a few summers ago.

The game is so terrible even the black market refuses to keep it in stock!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14553 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hey everyone, just a quick heads up. I try to keep most of the Enhanced Steam talk in it's own thread (see my signature) so I'm not trying to derail the thread. :)

I just updated the Chrome version to 2.3 which adds an "Add to cart" button to the wishlist page. Why Steam doesn't already have this is beyond me. Some games are a little screwed up at the moment, but about 90% should be working.

If you don't already have my extension installed, again see my signature. Thank you everyone for your support, your feature suggestions, and your DLC categorization submissions!!!

#14554 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

The game is so terrible even the black market refuses to keep it in stock!

If I had never redeemed that game but knew what I did about everything about it now...

I would pay $2.00 for it.

#14555 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

The best part about Rogue Warrior is that it's over in 2 hours or so, so you feel about as dirty as watching a bad movie. I say go through the whole game only meleeing people to see the ridiculous kill scenes.

Even though I'm opposed on principle to playing terrible games on purpose, I might have to get this at some point. I read this Demo Dick guy's Wikipedia and it doesn't make him sound quite as bad as this game apparently does. However, I'm not sure I could live with myself in the morning if I paid even $2 for it. I'll have to find something to trade it for someday.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#14556 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

In all honesty, Test Drive Unlimited 2 doesn't sound so bad, but I have a bad habit of comparing everything to Blur - Now, nothing else will do.

In typical CAGly fashion, Activation Limits are good spending repellants.

#14557 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Definitely going to grab the CS games. lol Really late to this party but when you've got internet cafes in your area who can blame me?

#14558 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Front page hasn't been updated yet, but according to the News section, the daily deal is: Wargame: European Escalation - $34.99 $8.74

#14559 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

So I've spend a few hours in TDU2, earned two licences, completed one championship, and done some side activities and "missions". My verdict so far is, "Full of Win!"

The physics and handling are enjoyable and, so far, consistent. I turned all the driving assists off (like I always do). It plays a bit closer to the sim-side than most arcade racers. Traction management is important. Don't jam the brake or gas while turning hard. The drift handing model is quite enjoyable and responsive (similar to IRL). Heel & toe (or handbreak) into the drift, control your drift, turn in to regain traction and accelerate out. It has an enjoyable difficulty level, through if you know what you're doing you can easily ace events on the first try (so far at least).

Back to the driving assists bit. Some arcade racers and some sims have driving assists (traction control, stability control, ABS, etc). The way they are implemented varies a lot. In some games it's near impossible to drift with them on. On other games simply having the assists on makes the handling feel wonky or unresponsive. Like their real life counterparts, they are some automated junk that gets in the way between how you command your car to handle and how it actually does. I strongly recommend turning them off (usually full-on by default) and only turning them on (a little at a time) only if you're having trouble -- say constantly spinning out. I haven't played with assists on in TDU2 but I'd guess the physics/handing complaints in user reviews are related to the assists and the importance of traction management in TDU2.

It's a really interesting take on an open world racer. The last groundbreaking open world car game I played was AutoAssault (MMO).

TDU2 seems graphically ambitious. On my GTX 260, on defaults (medium, no-AA), I'm getting 45-60 FPS. (I used SweetFX to give me some SMAA.) It looks good on medium, even better on higher settings. It has some of most detailed (non-mod) road textures I've seen. =)

TLDR TDU2 is, "Full of Win!"

Edit: I forgot to mention, the game started with my pretty and rich lesbian partner giving me a Ferrari on my Birthday. ...like reality, it turned out that I was just daydreaming. I'd also give it bonus points for a racing game that allows you to choose a female avatar -- something a lot of racing games don't.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14560 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Bought TDU2 too, and with that review I'm even more secure I'm going to enjoy it! now it just have to finish the download.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#14561 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

So power went out last night at 7:35pm EST; and I'm FINALLY back in business today.
So, did I miss much in here or what?

EDIT:
Looks like I missed some TDU2 mania.
Maybe I'll see some of y'all playing it online today! ;)

#14562 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

So power went out last night at 7:35pm EST; and I'm FINALLY back in business today.

Thirty pages of an epic argument, covering such amazing topics as which spoilers from Wreck-It Ralph need to go under spoiler tags, how much Sony should be charging for Vita mem cards and whether it's their "right" as capitalists to keep the format proprietary, whether or not King's Quest 8 is canonical and even worthy of mention AS a King's Quest game, who would win in a fight between Cloud Strife and various iterations of Link, and which chain sells the best coffee. Sadly, all deleted now. Wish I'd saved it all.

Spoiler

#14563 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles is now $60 USD used at GameStop, making it all-but-official that no reprints are on the way. The Wii community is freaking out.

It occurs to me that another big name bundle would really liven things up around here.

#14564 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thirty pages of an epic argument, covering such amazing topics as which spoilers from Wreck-It Ralph need to go under spoiler tags, how much Sony should be charging for Vita mem cards and whether it's their "right" as capitalists to keep the format proprietary, whether or not King's Quest 8 is canonical and even worthy of mention AS a King's Quest game, who would win in a fight between Cloud Strife and various iterations of Link, and which chain sells the best coffee. Sadly, all deleted now. Wish I'd saved it all.

Spoiler

1) All of them - I haven't seen it yet and I only watch animated films for major plot points and nothing else.
2) 1$ per gigabyte, and there are no rules in capitalism, but if you were to put the non-rules down on paper it would look something like the Warsaw rules of Scrabble, which is a Scrabble rule-set my friends and I made up in college and I refuse to explain.
3) The first 1/3 is canonical, but once the giant frog shows up at the sky palace things really go off the rails. Don't forget to pick up the ashes from the fireplace in the old cottage, or you else you won't be able to finish.
4) Nintendo's lawyers would win that battle.
5) Surprisingly, Denny's.

Now you're up to speed.

#14565 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Front page hasn't been updated yet, but according to the News section, the daily deal is: Wargame: European Escalation - $34.99 $8.74

Awesome. Just the game i was looking for. Wonder why its not on frontpage?
Posted Image

#14566 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles is now $60 USD used at GameStop, making it all-but-official that no reprints are on the way. The Wii community is freaking out.

It occurs to me that another big name bundle would really liven things up around here.

I'm a PC gamer...any PC stuff happening that I miss'd yesterday? ;)

#14567 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

For anyone browsing looking for deals.

Dear Esther 1.36$ at GMG.

GOG has Square Enix deals.

The deals that are interesting to me this weekend.

#14568 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

So I've spend a few hours in TDU2, earned two licences, completed one championship, and done some side activities and "missions". My verdict so far is, "Full of Win!"

The physics and handling are enjoyable and, so far, consistent. I turned all the driving assists off (like I always do). It plays a bit closer to the sim-side than most arcade racers. Traction management is important. Don't jam the brake or gas while turning hard. The drift handing model is quite enjoyable and responsive (similar to IRL). Heel & toe (or handbreak) into the drift, control your drift, turn in to regain traction and accelerate out. It has an enjoyable difficulty level, through if you know what you're doing you can easily ace events on the first try (so far at least).

Back to the driving assists bit. Some arcade racers and some sims have driving assists (traction control, stability control, ABS, etc). The way they are implemented varies a lot. In some games it's near impossible to drift with them on. On other games simply having the assists on makes the handling feel wonky or unresponsive. Like their real life counterparts, they are some automated junk that gets in the way between how you command your car to handle and how it actually does. I strongly recommend turning them off (usually full-on by default) and only turning them on (a little at a time) only if you're having trouble -- say constantly spinning out. I haven't played with assists on in TDU2 but I'd guess the physics/handing complaints in user reviews are related to the assists and the importance of traction management in TDU2.

It's a really interesting take on an open world racer. The last groundbreaking open world car game I played was AutoAssault (MMO).

TDU2 seems graphically ambitious. On my GTX 260, on defaults (medium, no-AA), I'm getting 45-60 FPS. (I used SweetFX to give me some SMAA.) It looks good on medium, even better on higher settings. It has some of most detailed (non-mod) road textures I've seen. =)

TLDR TDU2 is, "Full of Win!"

Edit: I forgot to mention, the game started with my pretty and rich lesbian partner giving me a Ferrari on my Birthday. ...like reality, it turned out that I was just daydreaming. I'd also give it bonus points for a racing game that allows you to choose a female avatar -- something a lot of racing games don't.

Dammit, I knew I should have bought it.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14569 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Would anyone here recommend City's In Motion? I noticed it's down to $5 bucks.

#14570 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

It was just in the last Gala bundle. I'm sure you can find it for $1 from someone here, if not cheaper.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14571 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm sure you can find it much cheaper in the trade thread.

It was part of the last Indie Gala bundle.

Edit: Idiot beat me to it.

#14572 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Dammit, I knew I should have bought it.

Didn't I mention how underrated it is yesterday? ;)

#14573 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Didn't I mention how underrated it is yesterday? ;)

I didn't know you could make a female character yesterday!

bZ2g3eF.png

#14574 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

http://www.indiegala.com/

Edit: Beaten by everyone.

#14575 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Yes, the game-world textures and cars look outstanding.
I just can't run the game maxed-out on Very High on 1920x1080 - floats around 20-40 frames.
Though, I have it running on everything High on 1920x1080 - and that stays above 30 to around mid-40's.
My PC -> i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

Though, the character models - yeah, technically, they don't look so great. They're okay, I guess.

#14576 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I didn't know you could make a female character yesterday!

{Curious}
Why'd you hesitate on buying TDU2?

#14577 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Right, but would anyone recommend getting it? (Even if it was elsewere)

#14578 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

For those who are playing TDU2 - what songs do you like that are in the game?

Here's a few I like:

Hariba Radio
Passion Pit - "Little Secrets"
Ellie Goulding - "Under The Sheets (Jakwob Remix)"
Soho Dolls – "Right & Right Again (Alistair Whitehead Mix)"

Road Rock
Soho Dolls - "Bang Bang Bang Bang"

EDIT:
Tracklist of some of the tracks in TDU2 on Hariba Radio

Edited by MysterD, 09 February 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#14579 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

{Curious}
Why'd you hesitate on buying TDU2?

Student, no job, and the January Amazon sale killed me. I also have some other racing games to start/finish (Midnight Club 2, Burnout Paradise, Driver SF). TDU2 being like an MMO though... I would have tried it first, meh.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14580 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Student, no job, and the January Amazon sale killed me. I also have some other racing games to start/finish (Midnight Club 2, Burnout Paradise, Driver SF). TDU2 being like an MMO though... I would have tried it first, meh.

:( @ all of that.

What's cool about TDU2 is....you can play it either online or offline.
Separate profiles, though.

Just...if you do play offline, you won't have access to doing the MP-spots on the map.

{Though, I guess there's ways around it, if you check Steam Forums - and you can get offline profile online, with a lot of screwing around}.