Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14881 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

So many bundles today! Is Valentines day the new "gotta release a gaming bundle" day?

I picked up Groupees at $5, which is a very solid deal. I only had Two Worlds 2, so I was happy to pay the extra $$$ to get the other great games at that tier (and an extra copy of Two Worlds 2 for a friend).

Indie Royale - I've almost given up on. While obviously Serious Sam 3 is the draw, I'm just not that interested in it. And Shad'O looks kind of lame. The whole bundle just doesn't have anywhere close to the same amount of value as what is in Groupees.

Groupees = 9 games: 7 Steam, 2 Desura = $5
Indie Royale = 6 games: 3 Steam, 3 Desura = almost $6

Indie Royale is still a great deal if you were planning on picking up Serious Sam 3 anyway and hadn't already. (and don't have an 85% off coupon on Steam)

#14882 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

The Valentines bundle 2.0 is now live.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Serious Sam 3: BFE (steam)
Shad'O (steam)
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time (steam)
Lunnye Devitsy 2013
Wake

I can't justify the purchase for myself considering how low SS3 has been on Amazon, and that's the one I'd be interested in getting. Already own the other games from Galas, and Shad'O doesn't interest me.

Speaking of Gala, Indiegala COLOSSUS went live this morning:

• Supervision City Generator
  • Voxel Destruction
  • 7.62MM
  • Talisman Prologue
  • Darwinia (Steam)
  • Multiwinia (Steam) *BTA*
  • DEFCON (Steam) *BTA*
  • Uplink (Steam) *BTA*
  • Hearts of Iron III (Steam) *BTA*
  • Demigod (Steam) *BTA*
  • Mystery game for second week (Steam) *BTA*

All the Steam games have been recycled from previous bundles, except for Demigod. =\

#14883 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

My Twitter is blowing up with sale price drops. Looks like we're getting a mini-sale for the holiday.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#14884 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Aaah, nothing like R.U.S.E. @ 75% off for Valentine's Day. At least hitman would be more personal and sexy.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14885 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

My Twitter is blowing up with sale price drops. Looks like we're getting a mini-sale for the holiday.

Yeah, there were rumors of a week-long Linux game sale starting today:

http://img89.imagesh...34dca3bfdd5.png

Looks like it's true.

Edit: Ha! And now it's right on the front page - shopping time!

#14886 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Seems too soon for a new humble. Well official humble. Maybe a themed one or something. Not sure what they would put in it except newer indie games and seems too soon for that too.

#14887 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Finally. Unwritten Tales 75% off.

#14888 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, there were rumors of a week-long Linux game sale starting today:

Spoiler
Edit: Ha! And now it's right on the front page - shopping time!

And yet DWARFS!? is 0% off @ $10 and "This Edition of Dwarfs!? includes the new Free to Play edition, plus all of the modes that can be purchased separately." :lol:

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#14889 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

And yet DWARFS!? is 0% off @ $10 and "This Edition of Dwarfs!? includes the new Free to Play edition, plus all of the modes that can be purchased separately." :lol:

You just need to give the prices some time to settle: it's now at $2.50

Edit: Settle my ass! Now it's up to $3.40...

#14890 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Weekend Deals:

Torchlight 50% off
Castle Crashers 50% off

#14891 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Aaah, nothing like R.U.S.E. @ 75% off for Valentine's Day. At least hitman would be more personal and sexy.

Well, at least in the trailer the two guys have loving eyes for each other?

#14892 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ys I & II Chronicles+ finally released on steam

never played them, but that animation looks really good for late 80s games

Hand__Of__God.png

#14893 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Price has really dropped on RUSE. I bought it from Amazon for $5 six weeks ago and it seemed like a crazy good deal. At the time, the base price was $40. Now the base price is only $10 and the sale price is down to $2.50.

Obviously prices drop over time, but they don't usually drop from $40 to $10 in a matter of six weeks.

#14894 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Ys I & II Chronicles+ finally released on steam

never played them, but that animation looks really good for late 80s games

It's a port of the PSP/DS version of the game, which was remade and touched up. ;)

The Journey Down: Chapter One is $1.74 (75% off) and nobody on my friend's list has it or wants it? Is it that bad where both Motoki and anarchyoblivion haven't bought it yet?! ;)

#14895 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

The Journey Down: Chapter One is $1.74 (75% off) and nobody on my friend's list has it or wants it? Is it that bad where both Motoki and anarchyoblivion haven't bought it yet?! ;)

Check their Desura accounts.

#14896 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

It's a port of the PSP/DS version of the game, which was remade and touched up. ;)

On it!

#14897 Cojack426

Cojack426

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Looking to buy Book of Unwritten Tales and Journey Down myself. Already picked up System Shock 2 off GOG and I'll probably get the new Be Mine Bundle. This is turning out to be a pretty expensive day for games even for a cager like myself lol.

#14898 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Well, at least in the trailer the two guys have loving eyes for each other?

Right. We need more Yaoi RTS games =D

It was in an IR back in early summer, it very recently got on steam, I think most of us haven't gone back to retrieve our steam keys for it yet.

#14899 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So many bundles today! Is Valentines day the new "gotta release a gaming bundle" day?

I picked up Groupees at $5, which is a very solid deal. I only had Two Worlds 2, so I was happy to pay the extra $$$ to get the other great games at that tier (and an extra copy of Two Worlds 2 for a friend).

Indie Royale - I've almost given up on. While obviously Serious Sam 3 is the draw, I'm just not that interested in it. And Shad'O looks kind of lame. The whole bundle just doesn't have anywhere close to the same amount of value as what is in Groupees.

Groupees = 9 games: 7 Steam, 2 Desura = $5
Indie Royale = 6 games: 3 Steam, 3 Desura = almost $6

Indie Royale is still a great deal if you were planning on picking up Serious Sam 3 anyway and hadn't already. (and don't have an 85% off coupon on Steam)

Yeah, Groupees is a no brainer, and IR has let me down again.

Who knew that Valentines day would be a big day for bundles?
Posted Image

#14900 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Uh, I own The Journey Down but I got it way back from an Indie Royale and then they recently gave out Steam keys. If Steam is saying I don't own it well then Steam has Alztheimers.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the Clockwork Man bundle. Looks like $10 for the both of them is the cheapest it has ever gotten to. *Edit: of course I could probably get it cheaper on Big Fish if I wait for a sale there.

Also damn you Amazon for making 75% off Crusader Kings II seem friggin expensive! :-P

Technically, the PSP version was the port of the PC version which was a total remake of an older PC88 version. They also kind of mashed the two different updates of the PC remake from the late 90s/early 00s together. One has the UI frame and the other doesn't.

#14901 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Paradox never lets the 75% apply to their latest DLC. Those sneaky bastards.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#14902 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

At the price of the new IR I still say just grabbing TSE on sale is a superior deal.

A dollar for Talisman isn't bad even if it is a kinda lousy dice roller solo version of the board game.

Party of Sin for a dollar. I'll try that.

Still got one spot left on Sniper Elite Nazi Zombies edition for $9.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#14903 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

It was in an IR back in early summer, it very recently got on steam, I think most of us haven't gone back to retrieve our steam keys for it yet.

Thanks for reminding me! It was in the Summer Bundle. Went back and redeemed my key. And yeah, it doesn't show that I own it or that anyone else does, so it's just a hiccup on Steam.

#14904 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for reminding me! It was in the Summer Bundle. Went back and redeemed my key. And yeah, it doesn't show that I own it or that anyone else does, so it's just a hiccup on Steam.

Weird. I just did the same. I only show Zip as having it and randomdud wanting it.

What aren't you on my friends list? It's because of the solitude and cannibalism isn't it? ^_~

#14905 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Paradox never lets the 75% apply to their latest DLC. Those sneaky bastards.

Except they did let Tony bundle their latest DLC dirt ass cheap recently.

Of course then you have to rebuy the game and all the DLC you already own too.

#14906 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

FYI Desura keys for those who bought Cognition on Indie Gamestand are out. Check your "My Games" in your Indie Gamestand account if you got it previously.

#14907 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

FYI Desura keys for those who bought Cognition on Indie Gamestand are out. Check your "My Games" in your Indie Gamestand account if you got it previously.

Sweet thanks for the heads up

#14908 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Awesome - thanks for the heads up! I hope this gets Greenlit!

#14909 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Steam key for Journey Down is also now available at IGS for those of us who bought it there.

#14910 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Dead Island GOTY Steamworks $6.79 - 20% (GFDFEB20) at GameFly = $5.43