Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14941 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Magical Diary!!! You have finally gone 75% off!!! I've been waiting for so long!!!!

#14942 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Magical Diary!!! You have finally gone 75% off!!! I've been waiting for so long!!!!

Wait what? Where? When did this happen? Is this part of the Linux thing?

I've been waiting ages for that game at 75% off.

*Edit: And bought

steam_sig.png

#14943 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

For those who haven't played it, I have only done one play through of the game but loved it. Amazingly good writing and characters and world, plus hands down the best romance writing in any game i've ever played.

For 75% off this game is a gem and a steal; anyone who likes choose your own adventure type games should buy it. Only issue for some may be even though you get to create a character it has to be female.8-)
Posted Image

#14944 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

For those who haven't played it, I have only done one play through of the game but loved it. Amazingly good writing and characters and world, plus hands down the best romance writing in any game i've ever played.

For 75% off this game is a gem and a steal; anyone who likes choose your own adventure type games should buy it. Only issue for some may be even though you get to create a character it has to be female.8-)

I think you just sold Idiotekque on it.

Even better if there are lesbian relationships.

steam_sig.png

#14945 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I think you just sold Idiotekque on it.

Even better if there are lesbian relationships.

:lol: Not that I remember, Though it does have a Incubus type character who I recommend going for ;)
Posted Image

#14946 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

:lol: Not that I remember, Though it does have a Incubus type character who I recommend going for ;)

I just checked the Steam community forum and someone said you could have relations with either gender though of course you have to play as a girl.

http://steamcommunit...39071334053738/

No, though you can have romantic relationships with either gender, your character is female. The creator, last I heard, was planning on making a male version as a seperate game that may or may not be released at some point.

steam_sig.png

#14947 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Well with this big sale on and the fact that I own neither of the Penumbra games it is a good a time as any to pick them up at 80% off. $4 for both games isn't too shabby.

#14948 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Prey retail keys have always activated on Steam. You can get a new physical copy for cheaper at Amazon, last I checked.

True but you have to find someone with unused keys or a new game. This is an option for those of us that don't want to hunt down a new physical copy.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#14949 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

I got Prey retail from gogamer.com (now defunct) for $1 around four years ago.

#14950 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I just checked the Steam community forum and someone said you could have relations with either gender though of course you have to play as a girl.

http://steamcommunit...39071334053738/

Well there you go! and at 75% off too 8-)
Posted Image

#14951 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

So I got Serious Sam 3 BFE at Christmas and it's supposed to come with classics 1 and 2 but they aren't in my inventory or gifts. Is there something I need to do to get them?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#14952 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

So I got Serious Sam 3 BFE at Christmas and it's supposed to come with classics 1 and 2 but they aren't in my inventory or gifts. Is there something I need to do to get them?

SS3: Deluxe Edition comes w/ SS:1st+2nd Encounter Classic Editions.
SS3: Regular Edition does NOT.

#14953 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

isthereanydeal.com has informed me of two sites dropping Lost Planet to 66% off in the past few hours. I hopes that's foreshadowing for a Steam deal tomorrow, since neither of those offered a Steam key.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#14954 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Wait what? Where? When did this happen? Is this part of the Linux thing?

I've been waiting ages for that game at 75% off.

*Edit: And bought

I checked the "View all specials" earlier today, it was only 2 pages long, now it 6, I remember they added games to the list for a while after the sale started with the Big Picture Mode sale a few weeks back (or more than a few). You didn't miss it the first time, if it wasn't for the Steam Client constantly emptying my Cart, I would have bought what I wanted a few hours ago, and not known more was added.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#14955 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I think defender's quest is as low as it was this winter? right?

#14956 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

I think defender's quest is as low as it was this winter? right?

It was $5 during the winter sale.

#14957 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

It was $5 during the winter sale.

f

#14958 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Treated myself to Magical Diary. I've been tempted several times in the past, but at 75% off that's a good entry point. There's always the danger that it'll end up in an Indie Royale but if it does, I've only lost the cost of a pint. The game itself looks very intriguing indeed.

Can't decide whether to bite on Giana Sisters, despite it being 73% off at GMG (after coupon). Ordinarily I'd be all over it but we've had a Groupees and Indie Royale this week, and with MD as well I've spent nearly ten quid this week.

Hmmmm.

*strokes imaginary beard*

#14959 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Can't decide whether to bite on Giana Sisters, despite it being 73% off at GMG (after coupon). Ordinarily I'd be all over it but we've had a Groupees and Indie Royale this week, and with MD as well I've spent nearly ten quid this week.

Hmmmm.

*strokes imaginary beard*

It can be only cheaper.

#14960 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

I just beat Giana Sister's adventure mode... I do believe this game is harder than Rayman Origins, for what it's worth. I've also beaten New Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3D land on 3DS, and this is (maybe obviously) much more difficult than those games. I felt like I really accomplished something by finishing the game, which is rare for me.

I don't know if I have the guts to go into Hardcore mode though :)

If you're a fan of platformers at all, I strongly recommend getting this game or Rayman Origins. If GMG has it for 73% off after coupon, I think that's an incredible deal :)
Posted Image

#14961 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Ok... could Motoki or BSB confirm that Magical Diary does indeed plays like a mix of Princess Maker and Class of Heroes (although I bet it would not be THAT difficult) and it is actually good, despite the amateur-ish looking generic animu style? I could be in the mood for some gifts... :bouncy:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#14962 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Ok... could Motoki or BSB confirm that Magical Diary does indeed plays like a mix of Princess Maker and Class of Heroes (although I bet it would not be THAT difficult) and it is actually good, despite the amateur-ish looking generic animu style? I could be in the mood for some gifts... :bouncy:

I just got to work so I won't be home for another 8 hours or so but if no one else replies by then I will try it out when I get home.

steam_sig.png

#14963 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'd point out there is a demo on steam.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14964 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I misread the title of Magical Diary and was disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be using sorcery to milk cows.

#14965 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'd point out there is a demo on steam.

Thank you, didn't noticed that, I'll try it when I get home in a couple of hours... I was just fishing for some opinions thinking that they could've already looked into it :)
Posted Image

#14966 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I misread the title of Magical Diary and was disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be using sorcery to milk cows.

I'm disappointed at the misrepresentation of magic in the quick, happy, shiny Disney way, rather than the real Dark Arts that take time, dedication, and sacrifice.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14967 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I think it goes without saying that I would be all over a game about magical cow milking.

steam_sig.png

#14968 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I think it goes without saying that I would be all over a game about magical cow milking.

Magical Dairy + indie Japanese developers = anthropomorphic cattles... I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going... :cold:
Posted Image

#14969 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Magical Diary has been in my backlog for ages. If I get a chance I will play it and report

Magical Dairy + indie Japanese developers = anthropomorphic cattles... I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going... :cold:

Your hands are so cold oneechan

Edited by Rsmobile, 15 February 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#14970 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

And now I want a game about an ordinary farmer with magical cows that produce mystical mammary secretions.

I'm disappointed at the misrepresentation of magic in the quick, happy, shiny Disney way, rather than the real Dark Arts that take time, dedication, and sacrifice.

I assume you mean of the human variety.

I haven't seen this posted on this site, so if anyone's interested, it's sort-of a Steam deal: Game Music Bundle has a new bundle available for the next ~6 days of BIT.TRIP soundtracks (and the new Runner 2 game if you spend $20--see I told you it's was somewhat Steam-related).
http://www.cheapassg...AAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Edited by warreni, 15 February 2013 - 05:43 PM.

698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.