Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#121 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hmm, new thread.

Here's a picture of a platypus:

Posted Image

#122 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wow, a new thread pops up just after I go to bed and it's already 6 pages full.

I'm just gonna assume that it's mostly people saying stuff like "new thread smell" and that it's not worthwhile going back to read through.

It is pretty much everyone marking their territory and making the thread feel lived-in.
Posted Image

#123 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Wow, a new thread pops up just after I go to bed and it's already 6 pages full.

I'm just gonna assume that it's mostly people saying stuff like "new thread smell" and that it's not worthwhile going back to read through.

Bethesda stopped in and gave away a bunch of keys for Skyrim and Dishonored and dropped some pretty in-depth details about the future of those franchises.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#124 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Anyone have opinions on Endless Space? It's on my hit-list this sale, but I'm still on the fence about it. Thoughts?

#125 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I already have both Rage and Last Remnant but if someone wanted to they could buy two Rages and two Last Remnants from GG, get one of the last Remnants free $3.75.

If you use IAMANELDERGEEK on blue coins and then again on the games you can get all four for $13.30 or $12.35 if you happen to have 540 blue coins (about 54 cents worth) in your account.

I thought Rhode Island and Vermont were different states.

Well I'll be. So they are.

I still reserve the right to blame Vermont for my gaming disappointments.

#126 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Won't Amalur Complete Collection go on sale on Amazon in a few days, though? I recall reading that on the Amazon PCDD thread...

I've been playing this game on Origin and it runs really smooth. The game play and graphics are really good, but the story and main character feel empty. It's a tired story and the main character is bland. It might have to do with she doesn't have a voice. That didn't bother me in DA, but for some reason in this game it does. Despite it's flaws I really enjoy it. I only wish I had more time to play it- work and kids.
Posted Image

#127 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ahhh, that new thread smell...

Posted Image

#128 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Oh Snap new thread!

Posted Image
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#129 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

It occurs to me that we are just two days from when the Winter Sale is due to [allegedly] begin. Not to mention the fact that there is, supposedly, a new Humble Bundle due out by the end of the year.

Shoite, I think I'm excited.

#130 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

It occurs to me that we are just two days from when the Winter Sale is due to [allegedly] begin. Not to mention the fact that there is, supposedly, a new Humble Bundle due out by the end of the year.

Shoite, I think I'm excited.

Also Indie Royale, if they know what's good for them, should drop any second now. Otherwise they will get Steamrolled by the Steam sale. is up.

I grabbed it when I saw $4 before even looking at what it was because I almost never can catch that damned thing at $4. :-P

Surprisingly, I didn't have anything in this bundle because I passed on the Serious Sam games 800 million times that they've been on sale and in bundles.

Edited by Motoki, 18 December 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#131 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I already have both Rage and Last Remnant but if someone wanted to they could buy two Rages and two Last Remnants from GG, get one of the last Remnants free $3.75.

If you use IAMANELDERGEEK on blue coins and then again on the games you can get all four for $13.30 or $12.35 if you happen to have 540 blue coins (about 54 cents worth) in your account.

I was going to buy 4 copies of RAGE, but then that annoying 2 copies limit reared its head. :roll:

If anyone is actually interested in splitting 4 copies of RAGE (works out to $3.2/copy), I'll contact GG support to see if I can get that limit increased.

#132 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Indie Royale Xmas Bundle 2.0 is now live.. and it's pretty crappy..

#133 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I could do without the serious sam crap, but the rest looks good.

#134 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

I could do without the serious sam crap, but the rest looks good.

I own half of the games, and got Colour Blind free in the developer's giveaway. Double D was also free for a certain period of time in the LittleBigBunch bundle, which most people have probably forgot by now. Also, the Serious Sam titles are repeats from the Serious Sam Indie Royale bundle.

#135 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

They've even started to recycle games from their own bundles? #-o

#136 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I give it a whole-hearted...meh. And I don't own any of the games. Just not my things I guess. Color Bind does look interesting, though.

#137 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

<the odor on the internet resembles that of a new motor-vehicle>

<remark that ironically reminiscences about how late the summer sale was this year>

<everyone asks the same question about when the next major sale starts>

<Game of Thrones reference>

<Poe newbie remark>

#138 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Just remember guys, when the sale starts there will be one game you want that is 50% off for the entire sale. When the last day hits you will buckle and buy said game. It will be the daily deal for 75% off the next day.

#139 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just remember guys, when the sale starts there will be one game you want that is 50% off for the entire sale. When the last day hits you will buckle and buy said game. It will be the daily deal for 75% off the next day.

I'm secretly hoping for some crazy, non-standardised percentage discounts to come in and throw people off guard.

"When was the last time Jade Empire was 57% off?"

"Will we see Hydrophobia at better than 79% off?!"

Imagine the carnage :lol:

#140 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody buys games when they're only 50% off. :-s

#141 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Oh no, I missed the thread grand re-opening! Only two days from a major sale and there haven't been any dumb questions, amazing.

fs_overall.png

#142 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

I remember this guy on the forums always links this Steam sale guide for newbies. That should probably posted up in the OP.

#143 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

I remember this guy on the forums always links this Steam sale guide for newbies. That should probably posted up in the OP.

That would be BigSpoonyBard, I think.
Posted Image

#144 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Ah new thread smell. 3 more days, my body is ready...
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#145 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

So... apparently there is new DLC for Rage called 'The Scorchers' that adds more outdoor areas, some items, and another difficulty level. Talk about out of left field... why did they even bother developing paid content for this? Cost is around $5... same as what they sell the base game for at this point.

#146 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Picked up the new Indie Royale, but getting increasingly disappointed with their offerings...

#147 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Picked up the new Indie Royale, but getting increasingly disappointed with their offerings...

They're running out of games.

#148 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

They're running out of games.

I actually think I would have been less disappointed with a Desura-Only game sale with no Steam keys.

#149 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've been playing this game on Origin and it runs really smooth. The game play and graphics are really good, but the story and main character feel empty. It's a tired story and the main character is bland. It might have to do with she doesn't have a voice. That didn't bother me in DA, but for some reason in this game it does. Despite it's flaws I really enjoy it. I only wish I had more time to play it- work and kids.

I've read many people say the DLCs were a lot better than the main game so it might make sense to play those if the main quest gets dull.

#150 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

That Steam score site is awesome, Steam needs something like this. Without any sort of ranking or score level like the consoles have, I don't find Steam achievements worthwhile and just ignore them completely. Not that console trophies are worthwhile, but at least there is some level of motivation to go after them, for me.

I come at it from exactly the opposite angle. As long as there's no public score, and these separate sites exist just for the junkies who want to compete, I'm down for it. If they made it more visible, I'd probably say hell-with-it. Course I say that now...

you deleted a part of my soul along with it

I lol'd.

Re: Steamscore site

Once I got it to go through all my games, I looked through the scores and values for games. I seriously can't understand the formulas behind quite a few of the numbers. Examples: Borderlands 1 is worth roughly 3,500 total for all 80 achievements while Borderlands 2 is worth roughly 28,000; some games (Sleeping Dogs, Walking Dead) have scores go beyond the stated cap; some games are only worth a couple hundred (Secret of Monkey Island 2 versus Sonic CD) when they have the same number of achievements as other games. Why the Fuck can one game be worth around 8 times the score as another game? Steamscore needs some actual consistency and less wonky formula math before it's really worth checking, but it could be entertaining given enough time.

The formula's a work in progress, so I hear, and another thing that screws the values up is that new achievements are set to 1000 pts apiece until they're manually adjusted. When that Swords and Soldiers DLC came out this summer, I did the chvs real quicklike and they boosted the total score way over almost every other game—since corrected.

Didn't know that was even a possibility, I'll look into that, thanks!

Holy crap. The User CP is all I use here; too much to see otherwise.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image