Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#15001 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Has hipster become a catch-all term for "things young people might possibly like?"

Because I don't think I would describe McPixel as "hipster humor," whatever that could possibly mean.

Motoki is an old man, he doesn't understand us cool kids.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15002 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Motoki is an old man, he doesn't understand us cool kids.

I'm not making an argument that people don't use the word hipster correctly. I'm making an argument that the word hipster has, in current usage, lost any sort of useful meaning at all.

#15003 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Looks like Anodyne is #99 on the greenlight list. Anyone know where this list is kept? Or is it for the devs only?

#15004 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Somewhat self-promoting here. I received an invite to the closed beta of Operation Smash, which is a Metroidvania style platformer scheduled to come out in the near future on PC/Mac/Linux. What I've seen of the game looks very polished, and the soundtrack has been extremely enjoyable. Anyway, long story short I'll be streaming my first play of the game around 9:30 Eastern (1 hour from posting) on my Twitch channel here:

Operation Smash is on Steam Greenlight along with a trailer for those who may be interested.

Edit: Make that 9:45

Edited by Genocidal, 16 February 2013 - 02:26 AM.

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#15005 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Looks like Anodyne is #99 on the greenlight list. Anyone know where this list is kept?

This is actually the plot to an upcoming film in which I've taken the script for Ocean's Eleven and replaced every mention of money with the words "greenlight list" and all of the character names with regulars from this thread.

A quick taste: Idiot is the gymnast.

#15006 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

This is actually the plot to an upcoming film in which I've taken the script for Ocean's Eleven and replaced every mention of money with the words "greenlight list" and all of the character names with regulars from this thread.

I am pretty flexible.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15007 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Anodyne, which is a retro zelda style indie RPG, is running a promotion where you can get it for $1 on its site via the Humble Store.

http://www.anodynegame.com/

The developer has promised Steam keys to existing owners if it gets Greenlit (Greenlight page here).

*Edit: apparently buying it just straight up gives the Desura keys now, or so I'm told.

-----

Also if you contact him @ anodynegame@gmail.com with proof of purchase you can request a copy of it on Desura.

I bought it for $1 this morning, forwarded a copy of the confirmation for that and had a Desura copy of the game gifted to me within a few hours.

It's actually technically TPB promo so you can apparently just (officially) torrent it, but I'm assuming if you want the Desura (and potentially Steam) keys you'd have to at least pay something. Anyway, I chipped in a buck and had no problem getting it for Desura when I requested it.

http://www.anodynegame.com/tpb.html

The promo ends @ 5am CST on 2/18 so should last through the weekend.

That last link does mention a bundle with Desura keys and the soundtrack coming "soon" so if you really don't want to fuss with making a request for a Desura copy of the game you can probably just check back later for that.

HOLY HELLS BELLS> the trailer sold me. looks so cool. thanks for bringing this to my attention. How has this escaped my wide swath of the internet. I'm so good at trying to keep up.

#15008 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Regarding the current Groupees Bemine Aniversary bundle, here is my thought process:

1. Wow 11 games + musics for $5? Great!
2. (3 seconds later) Wait a minute! You never listen to the musics included on those bundles, remember?
3. (Checked out iBomber's page) Oh, a tower defense game ...
4. (Checked out Eschalon Book II) Isometric RPG with, ummm, what's that new word? Hipster graphics?
5. (Livalink) Indie/One man band FPS, well ...
6. (Party of Sin) 7 guys to swap around, 4 more than Trine. More is better, right? Right? ...
7. (Major Mayhem) Not bad looking iOS/Android arcade-style game port? Could be fun.
8. (Dungeons: the Dark Lord) Mixed reviews. Not Dungeon Keeper, they said.
9. (Men of War: Squad Assault) Ah, now more like it. Reputed to be very hard game though.
10. (Two Worlds II) The main attraction in the bundle. Not Velvet Edition, though. Work with a controller, great!
11. (Edna & Harvey) Never can say no to a wacky adventure game. Charming graphic style.
12. (Planets Under Attack) Cool looking strategy game. May need to search for review/download demo ... Wait, controller support? Yesssssss.
13. (Mystery Game) Must be Skyram!
14. (Looking at backlog) *head hanging down with shame face*
15. But it is $5 only!!!!
16. Goto 14.

So, right now I am in this loop. Can someone please help me make a decision? Please?
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#15009 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Regarding the current Groupees Bemine Aniversary bundle, here is my thought process:

2. (3 seconds later) Wait a minute! You never listen to the musics included on those bundles, remember?
3. (Checked out iBomber's page) Oh, a tower defense game ...
4. (Checked out Eschalon Book II) Isometric RPG with, ummm, what's that new word? Hipster graphics?
5. (Livalink) Indie/One man band FPS, well ...
6. (Party of Sin) 7 guys to swap around, 4 more than Trine. More is better, right? Right? ...
7. (Major Mayhem) Not bad looking iOS/Android arcade-style game port? Could be fun.
8. (Dungeons: the Dark Lord) Mixed reviews. Not Dungeon Keeper, they said.
9. (Men of War: Squad Assault) Ah, now more like it. Reputed to be very hard game though.
10. (Two Worlds II) The main attraction in the bundle. Not Velvet Edition, though. Work with a controller, great!
11. (Edna & Harvey) Never can say no to a wacky adventure game. Charming graphic style.
12. (Planets Under Attack) Cool looking strategy game. May need to search for review/download demo ... Wait, controller support? Yesssssss.
13. (Mystery Game) Must be Skyram!
14. (Looking at backlog) *head hanging down with shame face*
16. Goto 14.

So, right now I am in this loop. Can someone please help me make a decision? Please?

dun lisen 2 spoderman, venum sez by it

bZ2g3eF.png

#15010 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

2. (Mystery Game) Must be Skyram!
3. But it is $5 only!!!!
4. (Remember you're a CAG, you live for bundles and deals of games you don't have, never mind if you'll never play them)

Fix'd.

#15011 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

I assume you mean of the human variety.

I can assure you, "sacrificing" a bucket of fried chicken doesn't work.

Spoiler

It's the best bundle in a couple months. It's not just that we'll all lose respect for you, but we're obliged to report this to Cheapy. You might get your CAG card suspended and be forced to buy all your games at GameStop full MSRP.

Spoiler

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15012 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

There is no inherent shame in having large game collection (played or not). Do we shun people with large book collections? Who have a lot of movies? Who have a lot of music?

My problem is I have massive physical game collection, digital game collection, book collection, music collection, etc...

bZ2g3eF.png

#15013 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

There will also be the regret when others are playing Two Worlds II and you are having to scour the Steam Trade thread to try to find a copy only to find the cheapest copy will cost you skyramz n all DLC.

#15014 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

I'm not making an argument that people don't use the word hipster correctly. I'm making an argument that the word hipster has, in current usage, lost any sort of useful meaning at all.

And who's to blame for that? Hipsters.

Pat, it's roughly the same price as an expensive cup of coffee or a drive-thru meal and the bundle will flow through your bowels much more slowly. And enjoyably.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#15015 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Anyone bought the greenlight bundle ( http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/ ) for $1 before the sale ended? What are the chances of the games in this bundle that will get steam keys in future?

#15016 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

buybuybuybuybuybuybuybuybuybuybuy!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#15017 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

(Looking at backlog) *head hanging down with shame face*

I just think of massive backlog like a hoard of glorious gems that I may (or may not) someday experience if/when I ever get the chance. My precious!

#15018 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

And who's to blame for that? Hipsters.

Such could be said of 90% of the world's problems.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15019 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Anyone bought the greenlight bundle ( http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/ ) for $1 before the sale ended? What are the chances of the games in this bundle that will get steam keys in future?

Probably like something good like 10

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#15020 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Depth Hunter is like an M&M, except instead of chocolate inside, it's poop.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15021 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Somebody doesn't like hunting deep for poop.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#15022 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

lol. gog added 1920*1200 to System Shock 2. absolute madness. so very impressive. gog needs to be supported in every way feasible. the company is just dynamite. i'll by 2 copies of system shock and 2 more of cyberpunk. KEEP! it up.

#15023 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

lol. gog added 1920*1200 to System Shock 2. absolute madness. so very impressive. gog needs to be supported in every way feasible. the company is just dynamite. i'll by 2 copies of system shock and 2 more of cyberpunk. KEEP! it up.

But does it activate on Desura?

#15024 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

My excitement about Bioshock Infinite makes me want to jump on one of the BSI/TR bundles on ebay for 60 dollars but I know if I get on there in a month they'll be going for 30-40. Cheap Ass vs Gamer again
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#15025 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

But does it melt in your mouth, not in your hand?

#15026 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

But does it melt in your mouth, not in your hand?

Wouldn't both do both if you waited long enough?

#15027 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

My excitement about Bioshock Infinite makes me want to jump on one of the BSI/TR bundles on ebay for 60 dollars but I know if I get on there in a month they'll be going for 30-40. Cheap Ass vs Gamer again

For $60, you'll still be even if they're going for $30 each. You can actually get one for below $50 if you're fast, persistent and lucky... I figure getting them for 60%+ off is low enough that even if they drop in price, they're not likely to go under 66% any time soon.

I just need to play them right away so I feel like I got in ahead of the curve :D

#15028 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Weird, today's steam updates are making Steam forget. It thinks I don't have Giana installed (played it last night, files are still there), and a 60+ other games. I said fine install Giana, and it said woah, trippy, there are files here, so it light up another and took it's damn time to cheak all my Giana files it forgot about. I hope I don't have to do this for the other 60_ games...

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15029 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

I would watch this. Make it happen.

#15030 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

But does it activate on Desura?

the term "activates on" is another way of saying DRM. i know i know. but it feels SO good. gotta hand it to gog for the TOTALLY drm free stuff. I love taking my files and installing them here, there, everywhere. laptop desktop. etc. its great. counterpoint, i suppose you can do this with steam if you have an internet connection.