Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#15091 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Anybody know what DRM the Sword of the Stars collection that's 2.50 on GamersGate right now uses?

It's listed as "Other."

Hoping it's Steam and unlabeled, but not holding my breath.

#15092 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

I've actually played it. It is just plain awful i.e. something I'm sure Motoki would be happy to get :D

I guess they had to come up with something after water-boarding was stopped.
Posted Image

#15093 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Anybody know what DRM the Sword of the Stars collection that's 2.50 on GamersGate right now uses?

It's listed as "Other."

Sword of the Stars 2 Enhanced is steam on gamersgate... and I found this:

http://forum.paradox...rd-of-the-Stars
Posted Image

#15094 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

It's listed as "Other."

It's a paradox game. Few (if any) paradox games sold through Gamersgate are steam versions. So I would guess that it's not steam. Can't say with 100% certainty, but I really doubt it.

57j.gif

#15095 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Amazon isn't really a good example for this though. Their deals are poorly advertised and unless you frequent a forum or community with Tony as a member then you might miss out on a lot of their deals.

In the digital world I think Humble Bundle definitely has a higher profile than Amazon even and even if you just consider HiB, I think the crossover is pretty big there.

Some devs can get past the indie bundle devaluation, but even with games like Giana Sisters there's a ton of people waiting for it to be bundled.

I don't think indie games are worthless and I think even the cheapest ass gamer would happily play full price if it's a great game they enjoy, but for those without a strong interest in a game, it's more of a wait and see approach even when it's on sale.

This. All of it. 100%

Spoiler
In a sane world, no. Indie games should be bundled and given away with real games like peanuts at a restaurant.

Actually, I'll buy an indie game on release that tickles my fancy. HM was THAT good. Exceed too. Magical Diary I bought too.

The only place I've gotten free peanuts is a on a plane.

http://www.gamersgat...Y/dirty-dancing

Did I just find a new Motoki game?

That's been featured at the top of the GG offers page for *days*. I guess we know who isn't a GG glitchstalker. ^_~

It's listed as "Other."

GG is almost always spot on on it's DRM descriptions; it it don't say it's steam, it's not steam. The recent exception I can think of is Vanguard Princess is actually DRM-FREE, DRM still says other, IIRC.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15096 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Five Guys and Texas Roadhouse are the two places I go that have them.

#15097 mujahid9

mujahid9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Do you realize that, quite literally, every modern shump on PC that is not MAME emulated is either fanmade, Sine Mora, or Jamestown? It isn't like Touhou, Ether Vapor, Exceed, Blue Wish, and the Gundemonium games aren't doujin works. Hydorah too. That's like telling me to give you a list of hack and slash action games but then telling me "No fan works or Devil May Cry games please."

If you at ALL like shumps in any meaningful way then you have an Xbox 360 or at least access to one, or you have MAME and are emulating a whole suite of them. If you don't, you still won't like SM because it's gimmicky, slow-paced, poorly balanced crap.

"Just being a curmudgeon" is a good line though. I'll have to save it for the next time people go into a reflexive Call of Duty hatred refrain.

I'LL DEAL WITH YOU LATER FLOWETTE.

Granted, if their art guys got behind a shump that had some better design to it, I'd be a much bigger fan.

1. yikes, so when you previously stated "a lot better" you were essentially referring to a bunch of rough amateur pc games that fundamentally play like CAVE/Treasure games (just way worse). No thanks.

2. your example using DMC is not really apt. If someone doesn't want to play DMC, but still wants something that wasn't created by a bunch of hacks (sorry), they can at least play Bayonetta, God of War, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, etc.

3. and your final point about buying a console - obviously someone can buy a 360 :roll:

it's okay to hate things, I was just wondering if you had any meaningful game suggestions.
fate marches with us!!!

#15098 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

That wasn't free either, the airline just conned you into thinking that it was. 8-)

#15099 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Spoiler
2. your example using DMC is not really apt. If someone doesn't want to play DMC, but still wants something that wasn't created by a bunch of hacks (sorry), they can at least play Bayonetta, God of War, Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Spoiler

You forgot Blades of Time. <prepares bonfire> :pitchfork:

That wasn't free either, the airline just conned you into thinking that it was. 8-)

No, it was free. That wasn't my credit card. :evil:

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#15100 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Noticed Brutal Legend's promo materials STILL disguise the RTS aspects. Kinda odd considering they are free of EA's yolk. I GUESS SCHAFER STILL WANTS TO LISTEN TO THE RICH PUBLISHERS.

1. yikes, so when you previously stated "a lot better" you were essentially referring to a bunch of rough amateur pc games that fundamentally play like CAVE/Treasure games (just way worse). No thanks.

2. your example using DMC is not really apt. If someone doesn't want to play DMC, but still wants something that wasn't created by a bunch of hacks (sorry), they can at least play Bayonetta, God of War, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, etc.

3. and your final point about buying a console - obviously someone can buy a 360 :roll:

it's okay to hate things, I was just wondering if you had any meaningful game suggestions.

So apparently you haven't played the games I recommended. Nor have you played Crimzon Clover (Still probably the finest shump I have ever played.), Suguri, Sora, Acceleration of Suguri... Hydorah and Satazius and Hitogata Happa are trying to be Cave games? This is absolutely news to me.

Also, "rough amateur pc games that fundamentally play like CAVE/Treasure games (just way worse)." That's Sine Mora. To a T.

On a related note, "like Treasure games?" They have made two shumps, as far as I remember: Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga. And those two could not possibly be more different from each other if memory serves. Except for Exceed 2 ripping off Ikaruga wholesale I find it weird to suggest that Treasure has a defined style.

My point about DMC is absolutely apt because not a single game you mentioned on that list has hit PC.

Also I cannot believe you are causing me to defend indie games. I hate you i hate you i hate yoooooooooou.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#15101 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Also I cannot believe you are causing me to defend indie games. I hate you i hate you i hate yoooooooooou.

That was his plan all along. You fell into a trap!

#15102 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

That was his plan all along. You fell into a trap!

Posted Image

#15103 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

If they could only get the rights to some of the old Star Trek games..... Elite Force,....Armada, ...Bridge Commander

I'd add Birth of the Federation and the Starfleet Command games to the list, too. Those would pretty much all be insta-buys for me.

#15104 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Today's deal is the Testament of Sherlock Holmes at 66% off ($13.59)

#15105 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

You're not looking hard enough. Every baseball game I've been too has free peanuts, well if you don't mind picking them up off the ground. :-#

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#15106 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Today's deal is the Testament of Sherlock Holmes at 66% off ($13.59)

Thanks for the update. I haven't heard anything about this title, though the screen shots imply that it has, at the very least, competent visuals. I don't believe I've seen any CAG's discuss it, though - How is the gameplay?

#15107 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Didn't see this posted anywhere; Euro Truck Simulator 2 is $15/$12 today on GMG and activates on Steam.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#15108 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

GMG has Trine for $1 AC GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS Crapsule client though.

You're not looking hard enough. Every baseball game I've been too has free peanuts, well if you don't mind picking them up off the ground. :-#

I find watching sporting events to be very dull.

#15109 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Gamersgate just added the Brutal Legend Pre Order:

www.gamersgate.com/brutallegend

Comes to $11.99 after discount for regular. $14.99 for the version with the soundtrack.

#15110 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

i just played that game Cargo Commander and theres a taunt button and when u press it, the guy just says fuk u. lolol. soo random but so funny lol
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15111 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

For those who ordered the Crazy Machine Bundle from the Indie Store:

My keys for Crazt Machines 1.5 and Crazy Machines weren't showing (Steam keys for Crazy Machines 2 and Crazy Machines Elements did show up). So I sent an email, this is the reponse I got back:

The serial numbers for those products are out of stock. Do you mind waiting a couple of days till we receive other keys from the publishers? If not, in alternative, we can offer you two of these other Steam games at your choice, instead of the two Crazy Machines games:

Helldorado

Mata Hari

Alter Ego

Cargo! The Request For Gravity

The Whispered world.

I told them I didn't mind waiting, and that I would post the email here to hopefully cut down on any duplicate emails asking the same question. Just an FYI.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#15112 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

The Free Indie Bundle #3 is out. Nothing jumps out at me, but I'm sure some CAGs would be happy to pay $0.00 for it.

Also, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey hits Kickstarter goal ahead of schedule

#15113 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

The Free Indie Bundle #3 is out. Nothing jumps out at me, but I'm sure some CAGs would be happy to pay $0.00 for it.

Also, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey hits Kickstarter goal ahead of schedule

Download time kills the deal. :D

#15114 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Good to see. I'm hoping Delver's Drop gets theirs as well. Although that will get made regardless of their Kickstarter. Here's their Greenlight page for Steam so that will hopefully get a couple extra votes.

#15115 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Download time kills the deal. :D

I know, right? It takes almost 30 minutes to download that 5 MB game on my 33.6Kbps modem.

#15116 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

For those who ordered the Crazy Machine Bundle from the Indie Store:

My keys for Crazt Machines 1.5 and Crazy Machines weren't showing (Steam keys for Crazy Machines 2 and Crazy Machines Elements did show up). So I sent an email, this is the reponse I got back:

The serial numbers for those products are out of stock. Do you mind waiting a couple of days till we receive other keys from the publishers? If not, in alternative, we can offer you two of these other Steam games at your choice, instead of the two Crazy Machines games:

Helldorado

Mata Hari

Alter Ego

Cargo! The Request For Gravity

The Whispered world.

I told them I didn't mind waiting, and that I would post the email here to hopefully cut down on any duplicate emails asking the same question. Just an FYI.

That's pretty generous of them. My keys did show up, otherwise I'd probably trade for The Whispered World and Alter Ego

#15117 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Even though I have no idea what the Fuck they're going on about, I really enjoy watching debates between RS and people.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15118 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

I know, right? It takes almost 30 minutes to download that 5 MB game on my 33.6Kbps modem.

:applause: My 250th post!

#15119 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Time to party like it's 1995!

#15120 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Time to party like it's 1995!

I never stopped.

I'd really rather the hangover doesn't catch up with me.