Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#15181 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Expecting some major gains for my 8800GT!

I was expecting Crysis 3 PC to support Glide...

#15182 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

I just saw Fallout Collection was on sale!. I loved Fallout 2, but never played FO1/FO:T (don't know why). I'm thinking about getting them on Steam, but seems you have to do some work to get it working right. (high res, color problems...).

The GOG version are better?

Yes, Always.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#15183 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Yes, Always.

Thanks! The problem is that some say this could be the last sale on those games (maybe they would fade from steam), because Interplay is about to loose the rights.

On other things... I was trying Lucius. Is not a bad game... but is TOO SLOW!. Even load times are ridiculous. Everybody is talking about it and the developers didn't fix it. That means the game will stay as it is. Is a shame, it had potential. I think I'll eventually finish the game because I like The Omen, but is a bit of a pain to play.

#15184 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

I was expecting Crysis 3 PC to support Glide...

had to think for a second there, voodoo forever baby
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#15185 k04sm02

k04sm02

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have an extra code for Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition.
5Q98Q-20QZE-IJHXF
Enjoy.

Edit: Sorry, that should be the right one
Posted Image

#15186 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

I have an extra code for Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition.
5WBK4-MR68M-N96W6
Enjoy.

Not sure if intentional, but that's a key for Hearts of Iron 3. Tried to redeem it and already own it lol.

EDIT: Redeemed the new/corrected key. Thanks!

#15187 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

This is what everybody said on the last day of the Xmas sale when I asked about it.

Then everybody went out and bought it anyway.

'cept me.

*sobs uncontrollably into horse kebab*

There's only horse meat in that kebab, kinda a relief, innit?

I'm honestly hoping that you're joking.

CAGs tend to play older games and thus don't need newfangled cards.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15188 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

CAGs tend to buy games but not play them and thus don't need newfangled cards.

Fixed.

#15189 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Shaddup and play TSW!

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15190 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to upgrade and finally play Magicka sometime soon...

#15191 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

Shaddup and play TSW!

Is it $5.xx like it was once on GMG before? :P

#15192 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Is it $5.xx like it was once on GMG before? :P

Nope, but venum told me he would sell it to you for $5 because he's such a swell guy ;)

#15193 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

had to think for a second there, voodoo forever baby

Good luck prying my Matrox Mystique from my cold dead hands!

#15194 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Nope, but venum told me he would sell it to you for $5 because he's such a swell guy ;)

ei fekkin qil u spoderman

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15195 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Really enjoying Super House of Dead Ninja. Rather wish Adult Swim would give Westerado the same treatment.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#15196 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I don't know if its been discussed yet but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else was waiting for it. The Republic and other newer DLC for Crusader Kings II is finally on sale. It didn't have the 75% off like the game and the rest of the DLC had when the Linux sale started.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#15197 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

I don't know if its been discussed yet but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else was waiting for it. The Republic and other newer DLC for Crusader Kings II is finally on sale. It didn't have the 75% off like the game and the rest of the DLC had when the Linux sale started.

Smarter to ask around on the Amazon thread, since it was all in a huge bundle.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15198 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

8800 GT still runs everything I throw at it without much issue.

It was a solid card, and it may come as a shock to some, but graphics haven't been improving all that rapidly in the last half-decade.

But as to was I joking about getting gains from the new drivers?

Yes.

#15199 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

If you are running a 8800GT you are running games at a low res and/or not have any bells and whistles turned out. I had a 8800 GTX and that thing was dragging ass when I needed upgraded to a GTX 260

#15200 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

If you are running a 8800GT you are running games at a low res and/or not have any bells and whistles turned out. I had a 8800 GTX and that thing was dragging ass when I needed upgraded to a GTX 260

And/or you don't mind sub 40 framerates. I can't stand that.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15201 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Even Metro 2033?
{eyebrow raised}

#15202 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Even Metro 2033?
{eyebrow raised}

My 8800 ran Metro 2033 at medium-low fine.

#15203 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

Even Metro 2033?
{eyebrow raised}

I'm guessing some people have low standards. I have a computer (that I no longer use) that uses a 8800gtx and Metro 2033 runs like crap, no matter what its set to. The game is brutal, even for high-end PCs.

#15204 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm guessing some people have low standards. I have a computer (that I no longer use) that uses a 8800gtx and Metro 2033 runs like crap, no matter what its set to. The game is brutal, even for high-end PCs.

640X480 with the lowest settings possible? If it is still running like crap then I would probably say that either the graphics card is messed up, your view of crap is considerably different than most, or it isn't the graphics card that is making the game run like crap. EDIT: It could also mean the game was made terribly as well.

I always cringe when I see people get a new fangled graphics card yet are still running with a really old cpu and low amount of RAM especially when they use a resolution like 1280x720.

#15205 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

My standards are it runs smoothly.

Really not interested in how much anti-aliasing I can swing and such.

I'm also on a monitor that's 1680x1050, so that helps.

But most big budget games released in the last year or so still run fine at around medium settings.

I consider that a fine trade-off for still using a GFX card that I got for $140 in 2007.

#15206 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

640X480 with the lowest settings possible? If it is still running like crap then I would probably say that either the graphics card is messed up, your view of crap is considerably different than most, or it isn't the graphics card that is making the game run like crap. EDIT: It could also mean the game was made terribly as well.

I always cringe when I see people get a new fangled graphics card yet are still running with a really old cpu and low amount of RAM especially when they use a resolution like 1280x720.

The game was optimized kinda poorly. I don't remember the exact res that I ran it at, but I did try it at the lowest settings. I think I tried running it from 1280x720 up to 1680x1050. There wasn't anything wrong with my GPU, I just don't expect games like that to run "fine" on an old GPU, even on lowest settings. The same applies to Crysis 1.

#15207 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Running a game at 640x480 is like, the definition of crap, even if you're getting 100+ FPS.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15208 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

I just don't expect games like that to run "fine" on an old GPU, even on lowest settings. The same applies to Crysis 1.

Crysis 1, at least, ran great for me when it came out at a mixture of medium and high settings.

Again, though, 1680x1050.

I'll install Metro sometime soon and tell you guys how that turns out, though. :)

#15209 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Crysis 1, at least, ran great for me when it came out at a mixture of medium and high settings.

Again, though, 1680x1050.

I'll install Metro sometime soon and tell you guys how that turns out, though. :)

I have to know how you got it to run great when Crysis 1 came out lol. I had a 8800gtx when the game released in that time period and I don't think I got above 30 FPS with medium/high settings. It was more like around 20-25 FPS average.. and my max res was 1680x1050 back then (old/now dead monitor)

#15210 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

It was a solid card, and it may come as a shock to some, but graphics haven't been improving all that rapidly in the last half-decade.

But as to was I joking about getting gains from the new drivers?

Yes.

^_^ I know what you mean. I'm still running my GTX 260. I upgraded from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 a little over a year back with little consequence. (though my older 2209wa does support up to 76 MHz) I can afford to upgrade (whole computer at this point), I haven't run into a solid reason yet.

Hmm, interesting, since I'm still running a GTX 260. A core 216 555nm factory overclocked GTX 260, but that's probably splitting hairs at this point. That said, the GTX 650 Ti benchmarks quite similarly.

My old gaming PC AMD X2 3800 / 7900GT was no longer cutting it in early '09 (at three years old, iirc, when I got my current Phenom II 720 BE / GTX 260. Metro 2033 is very much a corner case, it's so poorly optimized it's used as a benchmark. The only game I own that I want to play and haven't found a happy compromise is Shogun 2 (another known problem child), sure, if I kick it's settings down it runs fine, but I'm talking happy compromise (looking good and staying over 30 fps).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.