Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#15751 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

It's funny... for the past two weeks I kept looking at Dear Esther on Steam and kept saying "you can wait until its cheaper." Today I finally said "screw it, I'm gonna buy it for $10 anyways" only to see it went on sale.

You broke the #1 Steam rule: Don't buy anything unless it's on sale. :-(
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#15752 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

I have no clue what CAG 3.0 is since I'm always on mobile. I should check out the desktop site at some point.

#15753 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

With regard to finding the deals here, you basically skim the last couple of pages or so of this thread and if there's a deal someone is probably talking about it. People also tend to discuss deals for games from other sources that redeem on Steam like indie bundles, Amazon, Gamersgate etc which you'd miss if you just check Steam's page.

If you really want an at a glance listing of just deals on Steam games across the board from various sources (not just from Steam themselves) then Reddit Game Deals is probably a better place to look for that.

Spoiler

Totally agree with the first paragraph. Thanks I didn't know about the reddit thing, also lists console games....eew. My favorite at a glance sales listing is CheapShark, it's a script, not human input based, so don't solely rely on it, that said the script sometimes filters up interesting stuff that I haven't seem fleshbags mention. I tend to crosspost any particularly hot deals in the steam thread, for higher visibility.

I love collecting stuff. Welllll, except for the Assassin's Creed flags.

I liked flag collecting (in AC2/B/R). Collecting feathers in AC2 however was only for the pious (probably the same type who hunted down all 200 flying rats in GTA4), in AC:B they reduced it to 10 token feathers.

So I have a question. What is the best game on PC that is comparable to Gran Turismo 5? When I say comparable I mean cars of all different types and well races that are on racetracks and not just races on streets.

I been watching Top Gear lately and well I am in a I wanna play a real racing game mode :lol:. I will either get something on PC or just go for GT5 XL edition.

Check out GRID, I love it, tracks and some designated streets (not map-based), i.e. there is one track in San Francisco. I particularly love their rendition of Nürburgring and Istanbul Park. Great variety in car types from ricers, to muscle, to LMP-1&2. It has an enjoyable but challenging physics model that falls a little short of hardcore sim (e.g. Race 07 and assorted expansions) closest physics model is TDU2 with assists off. GRID (like Dirt) has like 7 difficulty levels, and three different damage effect levels iirc.

Edit: A little more forgiving than TDU2 with assists off, in the sense that you won't likely spin out, but it's got depth to to master to shave your time.

Edited by asheskitty, 28 February 2013 - 05:37 AM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15754 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

I have no clue what CAG 3.0 is since I'm always on mobile. I should check out the desktop site at some point.

All I know is its some big update (obviously). Last time I even heard about 3.0 was back in 2011..... Anyone want to send me to a link to fill me in or anything?
Posted Image

#15755 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Check out GRID, I love it, tracks and some designated streets (not map-based), i.e. there is one track in San Francisco. I particularly love their rendition of Nürburgring and Istanbul Park. Great variety in car types from ricers, to muscle, to LMP-1&2. It has an enjoyable but challenging physics model that falls a little short of hardcore sim (e.g. Race 07 and assorted expansions) closest physics model is TDU2 with assists off. GRID (like Dirt) has like 7 difficulty levels, and three different damage effect levels iirc.

Thanks for the input, ashes! I actually have GRID sitting in my backlog. Got it back in the winter sale with the coal giveaways and such. It was the only thing of value I won :lol:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#15756 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Totally agree with the first paragraph. Thanks I didn't know about the reddit thing, also lists console games....eew.

FWIW, there's very minimal console stuff there. It's like 10% console and 90% PC, whereas here it's the reverse.

The do love Nuuvem there though :roll: so there's that.

Once in a while you may even see something from a key reseller although they tend to frown on that and may remove those.

The bulk of the stuff there though is Steam/Gamersgate/Greenmangaming/Gamestop/Gamefly/GetGamesGo/Amazon. Tony does post there as do reps from GMG, Gamefly and GGG.

It's all manually entered by a human so that's helpful. I won't say they catch 100% of deals but somebody somewhere will post most of them.

steam_sig.png

#15757 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the input, ashes! I actually have GRID sitting in my backlog. Got it back in the winter sale with the coal giveaways and such. It was the only thing of value I won :lol:

^_^ Grats! I kinda wish I had it on steam. I'm pretty sure I bought it on D2D, hmm maybe that's enough of an excuse the next time it hits 75% off.... :lol:

FWIW, there's very minimal console stuff there. It's like 10% console and 90% PC, whereas here it's the reverse.

The do love Nuuvem there though :roll: so there's that.

Once in a while you may even see something from a key reseller although they tend to frown on that and may remove those.

The bulk of the stuff there though is Steam/Gamersgate/Greenmangaming/Gamestop/Gamefly/GetGamesGo/Amazon. Tony does post there as do reps from GMG, Gamefly and GGG.

It's all manually entered by a human so that's helpful. I won't say they catch 100% of deals but somebody somewhere will post most of them.

Aah, cool, 8-) I'll keep an eye on it. Yeah, there's a good reason I rarely stray from my subscribed PC threads on CAG, stands for Console Asshole Gamer right? =p :rofl:

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#15758 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

You broke the #1 Steam rule: Don't buy anything unless it's on sale. :-(

If that was always the case then people might wait for years for certain games to go on sale ;).
Posted Image

#15759 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

If that was always the case then people might wait for years for certain games to go on sale ;).

Sometimes it feels like we do.
Posted Image

#15760 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Edit: A little more forgiving than TDU2 with assists off, in the sense that you won't likely spin out, but it's got depth to to master to shave your time.

Thanks for reminding me that I actually need to remember to download and install GRID - which I've had for quite a while and never-ever downloaded, installed, and played.

#15761 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I wasn't participating in 4 for February, but I did finish The Room for iOS, at least that's one game down.

#15762 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

http://getgamesgo.co...command-edition

Anyone know if that includes all the dlcs? if so i might get it for only $12.50.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15763 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Anyone know if that includes all the dlcs? if so i might get it for only $12.50.

That comes with the Kill Hitler DLC. You have to buy the rest, but it usually cheap on Steam when it goes on sale.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#15764 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Here's a screen of CAG 3.0. http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

#15765 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

That comes with the Kill Hitler DLC. You have to buy the rest, but it usually cheap on Steam when it goes on sale.

Activating it gave me the Neudorf DLC, the Kill Hitler DLC, and an ambiguous "Rifle DLC".

I looked into it, since it's pretty poorly worded exactly what you get from it, and found something on the game's community website where a rep said:

Spoiler

So I'm thinking it gives everything but the recently released DLC, which is a great deal to me. It's less than what I'd pay for each individual item at 75% off, and Steam doesn't have a bundle deal currently, so I'm satisfied. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#15766 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

sweet
(And wooo CheapyD changed me name to match everything else!)
Posted Image

#15767 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

The Mash Bundle

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Guns of Icarus Online - for: steam (pc, mac and linux)
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise - for: steam (pc)
KRUNCH - for: windows, mac, linux, desura
Delve Deeper - for: steam (pc), windows, desura (+DLC)

http://www.indieroyale.com/

#15768 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hm. Does the 20% code work with this? It's tempting because I've been intrigued by that Kill Hitler DLC since it was announced.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#15769 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm probably decreasing my own odds of getting one by mentioning this, but just in case anybody forgot, the Dead Island reward on Raptr goes live in about 3 hours.

#15770 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Kill Hitler originally came with 2 rifles which were called separately as a different DLC pack. So you have the Kill Hitler pack and one more DLC level out of four (I think) total. That's not shabby.

Each DLC is one more single player level. Not huge but not a crumb. I've not been disappointed with any.

For the record, Kill Hitler is just one extra SP mission. The target could be anyone but in this case it is Hitler. He is definitely a tough target to take out as he has a lot of backup and actually moves quick from cover to cover.

#15771 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Spoiler

SSSSSHHHHH!

ahem

Nothing to see here. Move along. ;)

steam_sig.png

#15772 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Woweee, looks awfully "heavy"... One of the great things about CAG is how fast & light they are - I really hope the forums stay snappy.

#15773 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Woweee, looks awfully "heavy"... One of the great things about CAG is how fast & light they are - I really hope the forums stay snappy.

There's always the mobile site: http://www.cheapassg...com/?styleid=18

It works on the desktop too.

steam_sig.png

#15774 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Just FYI, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm is $30 (25% off) pre-order on Newegg again with EMCXVVM25. 25% off at release for a Blizzard (multiplayer) game isn't shabby.

#15775 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

There's always the mobile site: http://www.cheapassg...com/?styleid=18

It works on the desktop too.

Only do that on the desktop if you hate yourself.

Just FYI, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm is $30 (25% off) pre-order on Newegg again with EMCXVVM25. 25% off at release for a Blizzard (multiplayer) EXPANSION isn't shabby.

Fixed that for you.

#15776 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Oh just FYI TrackMania² Stadium is in open beta on Steam. I played it for an hour last night and enjoyed it for what it is -- a little racer with really zany tracks and an extremely simple physics model. It was designed for keyboard. Stadium supports a controller LS-steer, LB-brake, Rb-gas, with analog steering but still binary gas/brake. (It feels similar to a free predecessor TM: Nations Forever, on steam.)

#15777 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Sniper elite v2 nazi zombie army available for dl and install now!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#15778 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

So I just got an email from Indiebundle.org about their new "Eat My Dust" bundle of racing games. The price is a little steep (for a bundle) and most of the games are Desura, which I know will turn some people off, but I like racing games so I think I may get it anyway.

http://indiebundle.org/racing-bundle/

For $5 you get:

Headlong Racing - DESURA/DRM FREE, Windows
Little Racers Street - DESURA/DRM FREE, Windows
Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road - DESURA/DRM FREE, Windows & Linux

at the $7+ level you also get:

Metal Drift - STEAM, Windows

steam_sig.png

#15779 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition has been added to Onlive for $20.

It may seem like kind of a meh deal, but they are also giving a GOG DRM free downloadable copy with it. Might be nice for some people who say have a slower computer now but plan to upgrade at some point or even perhaps to try playing it on a Android tablet if you have a controller setup for it.

Onlive can be very YMMV in terms of connections but they do have an option to try it out first before you buy.

http://www.onlive.com/promo/witcher2

steam_sig.png

#15780 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

So I just got an email from Indiebundle.org about their new "Eat My Dust" bundle of racing games. The price is a little steep (for a bundle) and most of the games are Desura, which I know will turn some people off, but I like racing games so I think I may get it anyway.

http://indiebundle.org/racing-bundle/

For $5 you get:

Headlong Racing - DESURA/DRM FREE, Windows
Little Racers Street - DESURA/DRM FREE, Windows
Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road - DESURA/DRM FREE, Windows & Linux

at the $7+ level you also get:

Metal Drift - STEAM, Windows

Hmm, thanks for the heads-up. If the reviews look half decent, I'll probably bite. Metal Drift was in Groupees' BM4.