Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#15961 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

I still find it funny that I'm one of the only PC gamers that uses a controller for any game that supports one.

#15962 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

I still find it funny that I'm one of the only PC gamers that uses a controller for any game that supports one.

You use a controller for FPS games if they support a controller? :error:
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#15963 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

I use a controller for everything as well, including FPS games. I am horrible with KB/M

fs_overall.png

#15964 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

I <3 my Steelseries Sensei mouse. Probably the best mouse I've ever owned and I've been through tons of mice (nearly one a year and then they die, the sensei is a year and a half old and works just as good as day one so far)

#15965 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

you're not

i don't even buy games that don't support controllers

Hand__Of__God.png

#15966 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

you're not

i don't even buy games that don't support controllers

http://www.cheapassg...line=1340313724

#15967 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

I always view the people that prefer controllers over keyboard/mouse to have tried it once and gave up on it thinking it was too difficult. It has a steep learning curve, but if you keep at it, you may find that you actually prefer KB/M over a controller.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#15968 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

I always view the people that prefer controllers over keyboard/mouse to have tried it once and gave up on it thinking it was too difficult. It has a steep learning curve, but if you keep at it, you may find that you actually prefer KB/M over a controller.

Yeah, this. You would have laughed at me playing MW3 multiplayer with KB/M the first time.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15969 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Yeah, this. You would have laughed at me playing MW3 multiplayer with KB/M the first time.

To be fair, that has nothing to do with your difficulty with the controls. I'd laugh at you for playing MW3 in general.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#15970 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

I tried playing Counter-Strike with a controller. Lol...

To be fair, that has nothing to do with your difficulty with the controls. I'd laugh at you for playing MW3 in general.

BURN! But sadly, it's true. I have some odd 500 hours in MW3 and I'm ashamed of every last one of them. :cry:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#15971 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I tried playing Counter-Strike with a controller. Lol...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The Horror!!!!!!!!!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Pretty much. I had a really hard time getting over that curve. Now I cant stand playing with a controller for any pc game. When I bought castle crashers and they kept the 360 controller stuff in it I just stopped playing.
Posted Image

#15972 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

Every time I turn it on, all the players float around aimlessly and have infinite ammo. I lost interest because of the hacking.

Blops 2, on the other hand... Good shit.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15973 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I personally prefer a controller most of the time, because I spend enough time hunched over the keyboard. When I'm gaming, I often want to kick back. I've put enough grrl-years gaming on the KB/M even excluding my isty bitsy WoW addictyears. I usually play FPS (not a big FPS fan though) with KB/M, though my 78 BL2 hours are mostly on controller solely. Certain genres I am unlikely to play unless it has controller support, including: Racing Games, Platformers, Shumps, ARPGs (notably excluding Diablo-likes), fighting games.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15974 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

One of the only times I'll recommend using a controller over KB/M is for Super Meat Boy.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#15975 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

I play platformers, racing games, and fighting games on a controller. Everything else on KB/M.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15976 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

If it has support for a controller, I use it.

There are rare exceptions. And I do KB/M for FPS games, but as everyone says "I like to lean back" (or lean forward in a more comfortable way.)

And my cheap desk setup is hell when it comes to ergonomics. I'd like to spend as little time in long, uninterrupted KB/M position as possible.

#15977 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

I feel like I can go back 10 pages and see the same list of posts about who plays what with what and when and how.

The life of the Steam thread:

Phase 1: Ooooh! New Thread! New Thread! Posting because of new thread!
Phase 2: When's the next sale? Is there a sale? When is it?
Phase 3: Steam sucks! Steam rules! You're both wrong! You're both right!
Phase 4: Keyboard and mouse! Controller! Controller sometimes, keyboard/mouse sometimes!
Phase 5: Posted Image
Phase 6: Is it time for a new thread?
Phase 7: When's the next sale? Is there a sale? When is it?
Phase 8: Steam sucks! Steam rules! You're both wrong! You're both right!
Phase 9: Keyboard and mouse! Controller! Controller sometimes, keyboard/mouse sometimes!
Phase 10: Is it time for a new thread?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#15978 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I feel like I can go back 10 pages and see the same list of posts about who plays what with what and when and how.

Phase 1: Ooooh! New Thread! New Thread! Posting because of new thread!
Phase 2: When's the next sale? Is there a sale? When is it?
Phase 3: Steam sucks! Steam rules! You're both wrong! You're both right!
Phase 4: Keyboard and mouse! Controller! Controller sometimes, keyboard/mouse sometimes!
Phase 5: Posted Image
Phase 6: Is it time for a new thread?
Phase 7: When's the next sale? Is there a sale? When is it?
Phase 8: Steam sucks! Steam rules! You're both wrong! You're both right!
Phase 9: Keyboard and mouse! Controller! Controller sometimes, keyboard/mouse sometimes!
Phase 10: Is it time for a new thread?

Replace the cheeseburger with breakfast meats this time.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#15979 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Phase 11: CheapLikeAFox feels like he can go back 10 pages and see the same list of posts about who plays what with what and when and how.

threadception?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#15980 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

I'd add a phase where people discuss that a ton of posts have been deleted, someone asks what was deleted, people recap, and someone doesn't post for a week from a temporary ban.

Maybe also a "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE UPDATE THE OP I DEMANDS IT THIS THREAD SUCKS AND YOU ALL SUCK" portion.

#15981 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Phase ??: RollingSkull and someone get into a srs bsns shmup/indie game argument.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15982 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Spoiler

You got the broad strokes down but missed intermediate phases like

"What's up with this greenlight bullshit! Valve is lazy! No, Gabe just likes Bad Rats more than Drakansang!"

and

"You are so full of shit, RollingSkull! Stop Trolling! But I think he's entertaining! I admire his opinions! ANIME!"

and, lest you forget,

"Origin is the worst. I think Origin is a totally fine client. Sure, the client's fine, but there aren't any sales! What about the free sale, lul?"

and

"Daily Deal is up. It sucks. Is Gabe Newell personally fucking with us on this? Actually, I think it's a good game. Worth the 2.50. I'm waiting for a bundle!"

#15983 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

You didn't hear? They patched it back in shortly after and there was much rejoicing

Spoiler

I don't know what the hell they were thinking by taking the dancing out. It's like they were trying to make the game respectable or something. The nerve!

They did?!? Praise be the Mayan Gods!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Rat-on-cat violence doesn't bother me too much.
Hm. Don't get me started on humans; I have a long list of them that should be spayed. Well, not literally-that would be scary. ;)

Just rats on two legs if you ask me.

Spoiler

I feel that is a thinly veiled guise to simply post more burger pics. I see right through your ruse. ^_~

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#15984 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

how about the phase were everyone just wants one encompassing PC game deals thread when everyone but steam has a sale.
Posted Image

#15985 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

theres one thing you wont find in last 10 pages..........a deal! :p
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#15986 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

u tel em sister

bZ2g3eF.png

#15987 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

...this is the steam thread... off season(al sale)

#15988 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

...this is the steam thread... off season(al sale)

What's that? Steam beer and seasonal ale? Now we've got a thread going.

Posted Image

#15989 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Okay, fine, here's a steam deal...

Tomorrow (Saturday) GMG will have a popular game on sale for 75% off, $12.50, this title shall be referrred to by it's anagram A Binomial Nut Shot. The 20% off code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS should bring it to it's lowest price ever.

#15990 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

What's that? Steam beer and seasonal ale? Now we've got a thread going.

Posted Image

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info