Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#16051 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Yeah, I play Dead Island with a controller because of the shitty port job. Looking around with the mouse is very, very choppy..

I actually played Dead Island with a KB/mouse - and was fine w/ the PC controls.
{shrug}

About the control-pad - even though I sucked at it, putting Dead Island in the "analog mode" was pretty cool...

#16052 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I'm glad I was able to get this thread back on topic.
{Harlem Shake}

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#16053 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

I'm glad I was able to get this thread back on topic.
{Harlem Shake}

You're also Harlem Shaking for the downfall of the regime?

Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#16054 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Can anyone tellme about the WotR player base?. I'm loving the game, but I'm reading about how many people hate it... and how the game is dead. I know NOW is different, maybe because the steam free weekend.

Is just that I don't want to buy a game I'm beginning to like... just to find is dead a week later... without a SP campaign :(

#16055 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Great. Now someone is going to edit the Coconut Queen dancing scene into a Harlem Shake video.

#16056 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Can anyone tellme about the WotR player base?. I'm loving the game, but I'm reading about how many people hate it... and how the game is dead. I know NOW is different, maybe because the steam free weekend.

Is just that I don't want to buy a game I'm beginning to like... just to find is dead a week later... without a SP campaign :(

Who said it was dead? Even in the slowest hours, I've always been able to find a few mostly full servers in my region.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#16057 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

To be fair, we in the Midwest (or Michigan, at least), just got New Belgium shipping to us this fall. People sort of flipped their shit at the time. I think that was a bit of an overreaction, but New Belgium is a really solid brewery, and their beer, at least at stores around here, tends to be surprisingly cheap for the quality.

With what's available from in-state breweries, it's tough for me to imagine anyone in Michigan flipping out over anything that shows up from out-of-state.

#16058 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

I liked Super House of Dead Ninjas a lot and normally I love the controller but the game is built in a lot of rapid d pad shifts. Keyboard works great for it if you can handle one. An arcade stick might work too but I am not used to one.

#16059 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Who said it was dead? Even in the slowest hours, I've always been able to find a few mostly full servers in my region.

Reading some posts on the steam forums. Also there's a lot of hate from players on Metacritic... maybe because it was too buggy/unbalanced at launch or something like that... Almost all bad reviews/hate are from last year

I usually don't care about critic (I love Clive Barker's Jericho), so that numbers doesn't matters to me, only the player base

#16060 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

Great. Now someone is going to edit the Coconut Queen dancing scene into a Harlem Shake video.

Are you volunteering?

Reading some posts on the steam forums. Also there's a lot of hate from players on Metacritic... maybe because it was too buggy/unbalanced at launch or something like that... Almost all bad reviews/hate are from last year

I usually don't care about critic (I love Clive Barker's Jericho), so that numbers doesn't matters to me, only the player base

Oh, right. The game was a pretty big mess when it first launched, from what I hear. It's gotten a lot better, but it's the sort of game where new content is added fairly frequently and free of charge (new weapons, armor, etc), so there's a lot of balance tweaking with each update to keep things "fair" and competitive. Right now people are criticizing the power of bows with the addition of fire arrows.

As for player base, like I said, it's not CoD, but it's still quite active.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#16061 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

I also liked Clive Barker's Jericho more than most critics did...
...but I didn't love it, though.

#16062 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

Oh, right. The game was a pretty big mess when it first launched, from what I hear.

That's pretty much every Paradox game. The CEO admitted in interviews that they didn't have enough money to keep games in development long enough to get rid of most of the bugs so they just released knowing it was too early and that the games were buggy.

He's said recently that they're in a better financial state now and going forward there should be less buggy releases. Supposedly.

I guess one good thing about backlogging games and/or waiting for cheap sales is that you remain ignorant of buggy messes releases and by the time you do play the game (if you do) it will hopefully have been all patched up. :-P

mdUFwSE.png

#16063 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

I also liked Clive Barker's Jericho more than most critics did...
...but I didn't love it, though.

Well, yeah, bad word choice... I "just" liked it too... :lol:

Really, I liked it for what it tried to do. It was short, and "a bit" repetitive... but all else was great. Is not at the same quality level as Undying, but it didnt deserve all the hate.

#16064 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

I guess one good thing about backlogging games and/or waiting for cheap sales is that you remain ignorant of buggy messes releases and by the time you do play the game (if you do) it will hopefully have been all patched up. :-P

This is the main reason I hardly ever buy games on release. The amount of patching sometimes required is pretty substantial. Skyrim or any other major RPG require at least 3-4 months before all the major issues are patched out. I like to wait until all those patches are out and by then, most titles can be had for 66-75% off.

#16065 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Okay someone made a game about romancing an Alpaca. No really. Well technically, it's a about a guy whose girlfriend turns into an Alpaca one day and he continues to romance her.

Paca Plus

A recent review is here: http://www.gamepodun...paca-plus-r2145

And the game can be bought (in English or Engrish anyhow) for $11 here: http://www.dlsite.co...d/RE083922.html

Posted Image

mdUFwSE.png

#16066 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Okay someone made a game about romancing an Alpaca. No really. Well technically, it's a about a guy whose girlfriend turns into an Alpaca one day and he continues to romance her.

Paca Plus

And the game can be bought (in English or Engrish anyhow) for $11 here: http://www.dlsite.co...d/RE083922.html

Ill pass Im more of a llama guy.
Posted Image

#16067 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Sometimes, I worry about Motoki

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#16068 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

it's a about a guy whose girlfriend turns into an Alpaca one day

Man, I HATE it when that happens. But what do you do?

and he continues to romance her.

True love knows no bounds.

I actually do want to play this now that I know it exists, but that's more than I'm willing to spend on a random VN.

#16069 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Sometimes, I worry about Motoki

Ya we may need to start an intervention thread.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#16070 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Paca Plus

Posted Image

Steam or desura I'm in

#16071 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

This is the main reason I hardly ever buy games on release. The amount of patching sometimes required is pretty substantial. Skyrim or any other major RPG require at least 3-4 months before all the major issues are patched out. I like to wait until all those patches are out and by then, most titles can be had for 66-75% off.

Not to mention the user made mods and patches really start to shine.

#16072 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Bought Ghost Recon the other day during one day sale. Man, seems multiplayer is dead

#16073 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Ya we may need to start an intervention thread.

Motoki: We are sick of seeing you kill your self with these horrible games. You are not the only ones affected by your actions. When you spread these games you get some poor souls to play along with you. After that they are no long the same. If you do not stop we will no longer just laugh and joke about your posts. We will be forced to try to hide them with pictures of cheeseburgers and pretend they never even happened. Please go get help...

Hows that?
Posted Image

#16074 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Nah, this one'll turn out to be the best game ever EVER, and before long all of our profile pictures will be Alpacatized.

#16075 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

How do you tell your girlfriend that you really just want to shave her and knit her hair into a sweater?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#16076 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

How do you tell your girlfriend that you really just want to shave her and knit her hair into a sweater?

Most girls nowadays shave anyways. Just tell her to save her shavings.

bZ2g3eF.png

#16077 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Most girls nowadays shave anyways. Just tell her to save her shavings.

I wouldn't wear that in pubic.

I mean, public...

By the way, that Alpaca game looks amazing. Right on par with Katawa Shoujo, if I dare say so...

#16078 Galwraith

Galwraith

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Paca Plus is no Hatoful Boyfriend. Or maybe I just have a thing for bishonen pigeons.

I'd vote for both of them if they were put on Greenlight, though.

#16079 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

I wouldn't wear that in pubic.

I mean, public...

By the way, that Alpaca game looks amazing. Right on par with Katawa Shoujo, if I dare say so...

It does have the one thing Katawa Shoujo was missing...

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#16080 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm not sure, if it was mentioned, because I've got lost during beer discussion, then a bit confused by that alpaca game. Anyway, the price of Rayman Origins has been permanently dropped to $19.99 / 14,99€ / £12.99.