Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#16081 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Okay, I'm behind. Someone wanna tell me what CAG 3.0 is all about?

Also, I finished The Walking Dead last night. Welcome to last year, I know. So great. I saw something hinting there was one more episode? A season 2?

Also, I've got Assassin's Creed III, but I've only finished Assassin's Creed II (not Brotherhood or Revelations yet). Can I go ahead to III, or storyline-wise, I'd be better to play Brotherhood and Revelations first? Just kinda itching to play III.

#16082 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Also, I finished The Walking Dead last night. Welcome to last year, I know. So great. I saw something hinting there was one more episode? A season 2?

Also, I've got Assassin's Creed III, but I've only finished Assassin's Creed II (not Brotherhood or Revelations yet). Can I go ahead to III, or storyline-wise, I'd be better to play Brotherhood and Revelations first? Just kinda itching to play III.

I'd say at least play Brotherhood. It was my favorite in the series both gameplay and story wise.
Posted Image

#16083 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I believe a second season is planned for The Walking Dead.

#16084 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Basically a forum upgrade. CAG is moving to an IPS Board. However it was announced like 2 or 3 years ago. Every time I see something about it, all I hear is "Soon" or "Very Soon". Apparently they work on the same time scale as Valve.

#16085 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I believe a second season is planned for The Walking Dead.

So, that means I have to finish S1 on my backlog??????

Is an awesome game... can't remember why stopped playing it...

Basically a forum upgrade. CAG is moving to an IPS Board. However it was announced like 2 or 3 years ago. Every time I see something about it, all I hear is "Soon" or "Very Soon". Apparently they work on the same time scale as Valve.

that Fuck number!!

#16086 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

IIRC there was mention of additional content being made available before season 2 begins to hit.

#16087 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

I just want to give people some info on Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

I just spent nearly two hours playing it. It's amusing: the dialogue is great, the characters are unique and interesting, and the gameplay mechanics are creative. You explore your town and talk to people, trying to recruit them to join your school club. You do a lot of the same actions over and over, socializing with the people you meet and reading magazines and going to movies to try to increase your skill level in conversation topics.

But here's the thing.

The game isn't intended to be completed in one playthrough. Much like Recettear, you're expected to play through the game multiple times to max up your abilities and thus make it easier to recruit the characters to your comedy club. Me, I'm just not doing that. As much as I enjoyed Recettear, I find it tedious and boring to replay the same conversations and story progression. The reward just isn't that high.

So yeah, two hours in, and I'm shelving the game, so to speak. Gonna move on to Magical Diary now.

#16088 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I just want to give people some info on Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

I just spent nearly two hours playing it. It's amusing: the dialogue is great, the characters are unique and interesting, and the gameplay mechanics are creative. You explore your town and talk to people, trying to recruit them to join your school club. You do a lot of the same actions over and over, socializing with the people you meet and reading magazines and going to movies to try to increase your skill level in conversation topics.

But here's the thing.

The game isn't intended to be completed in one playthrough. Much like Recettear, you're expected to play through the game multiple times to max up your abilities and thus make it easier to recruit the characters to your comedy club. Me, I'm just not doing that. As much as I enjoyed Recettear, I find it tedious and boring to replay the same conversations and story progression. The reward just isn't that high.

So yeah, two hours in, and I'm shelving the game, so to speak. Gonna move on to Magical Diary now.

Whoa, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club was published by Capcom? I wasn't expecting that.

Looking at the gameplay footage, I feel like the only thing missing from this title is a soundtrack composed by Shoji Meguro.

#16089 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

YES - play Brotherhood. ACB is awesome.

About ACR - I'm currently playing it. It's good, but it doesn't introduce much new to the series.

While ACB introduced NPC Assassins and a whole Multiplayer Component...
ACR just feels like tweaks to the series.
Oh, and ACR's Tower Defense and Portal-like puzzle missions suck.

I ain't touched AC3 yet.
And I don't think anybody's touched AC4: Black Flag yet. ;)

#16090 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Bought Hitman Absolution. I could not say no to $10.

I wish more things could go Steam levels of sales. Like that Camera Lens I just bought :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#16091 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I've completed AC2/ACB/ACR. They cover the story arc of Ezio. I understand AC3 has a new protagonist. Since you've played AC2 and thus have been introduced the AC Assassin/Templar rivalry, I don't imagine the further story elements/reveal of ACB & ACR is that key to AC3.

YES - play Brotherhood. ACB is awesome.

About ACR - I'm currently playing it. It's good, but it doesn't introduce much new to the series.

While ACB introduced NPC Assassins and a whole Multiplayer Component...
ACR just feels like tweaks to the series.
Oh, and ACR's Tower Defense and Portal-like puzzle missions suck.

Having completed ACR, my verdict is "more of the same" but lacking ponies and that compelling element. It's not bad by any means. Play/experiment and have fun with the expanded bomb crafting as soon as it's components open up. Don't worry there are plenty of bomb making components. ProTip: If you still have at least one bomb of a type and components for more you can quick-craft more of those without a table. (ACR in-game tutorials never mention this.)

The tower defense is lame, but you never have to win it after the lol-easy tutorial. You can just fail it then kill the captain -- Assassin Style. One you assign a master assassin to that den you'll never be faced with that again at that location. It's a perversely compelling reason to assign master assassins to your dens asap. You can get the win-3 achive by repeating the tutorial. TL;DR den defense is weak, but easily avoided.

The Portal-light crap is the Lost Archive DLC, dull portal-lite levels while you are slowly dribbled out bits of Desmond's past. I gave up on that halfway through. IMO, don't bother with it unless you're enjoying it. Youtubing it for the story bits would seem to be an option if you're that interested in Desmond's backstory.

Where AC:R's strength lies is in fleshing out more of the Assassins backstory. It finally explains what they mean by, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#16092 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition is $6 on GMG (steam key) with GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS if for some reason you don't own it already, like maybe that prison stint you don't like to talk about ^_~

Better deal:

the gamersgate deal looks like a better one to me

http://www.gamersgat...-edition-bundle

I'd forgotten about this as I checked GG last night before bed, and promptly forgot about it since I already own it.

Edited by asheskitty, 03 March 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#16093 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition is $6 on GMG (steam key) with GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS if for some reason you don't own it already, like maybe that prison stint you don't like to talk about ^_~

But, what if I bought DE:HR and Missing Link a while ago...? ;)

#16094 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

But, what if I bought DE:HR and Missing Link a while ago...? ;)

Maybe try "Had Nu Emu Sex" Revolution Augmented Edition?

Posted Image

Okay, it's not an Alpaca*... but still...

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16095 Bilbo1

Bilbo1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

#16096 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Nice.
Augmented Ed + Missing Link + the other 2 DLC's.
Yeah, that's the better deal.

#16097 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

I agree, especially for someone who has the 20%.

Now back to "Had Nu Emu Sex"...

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16098 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

i love sex with emo boys
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16099 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

I agree, especially for someone who has the 20%.

Now back to "Had Nu Emu Sex"...

Watching the Twilight Saga movies again...? :P

EDIT:

i love sex with emo boys

{SMH}
Ashes, what have you started here...?
{eyebrow raised}

#16100 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

So is anyone else wondering if Gabe is going to disappoint us with a "Had Nu Emu Sex" Revolution daily?

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16101 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

So is anyone else wondering if Gabe is going to disappoint us with a "Had Nu Emu Sex" Revolution daily?

I'm wondering if Jade Empire + Vampire: Bloodlines will be 95% off today on Steam. ;)

#16102 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Watching the Twilight Saga movies again...? :P

I prefer this version:

In this re-imagined narrative, Edward Cullen from the Twilight Series meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's an example of transformative storytelling serving as a pro-feminist visual critique of Edward's character and generally creepy behavior. Seen through Buffy's eyes, some of the more sexist gender roles and patriarchal Hollywood themes embedded in the Twilight saga are exposed - in hilarious ways. Ultimately this remix is about more than a decisive showdown between the slayer and the sparkly vampire. It also doubles as a metaphor for the ongoing battle between two opposing visions of gender roles in the 21ist century.

EDIT:
{SMH}
Ashes, what have you started here...?
{eyebrow raised}

I bear no responsibility for that. Absurd forms of bestiality =/= pedophilla.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16103 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

@Ashes

LOL @ :D
Well, that Remix was better than all 5 Twilight films put together :-x

I only liked the 1st and 5th Twilight film and thought those were decent.
The middle 3 films just flat-out sucked.

And about the deal for the day, you were....somewhat close:
Civ 5 stuff is on sale:
http://store.steampo....com/sub/25544/

#16104 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Actually, the daily is not bad. 75% off all Civ stuff including the newly released really we promise it's everything this time
Spoiler
Gold Edition of Civ V with the Gods and Kings expansion and all DLC for $12.50.

*Edited to add: Dammit, Civcity Rome is not on sale. That's the only one I don't have and no one else sells Steam keys for it.

steam_sig.png

#16105 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Actually, the daily is not bad. 75% off all Civ stuff including the newly released really we promise it's everything this time

Spoiler

*Edited to add: Dammit, Civcity Rome is not on sale. That's the only one I don't have and no one else sells Steam keys for it.

For CIV they like to use "complete" edition. Until you see "complete" assume there will be add-ons.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16106 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

And yet the Steam FP is still showing me the Serious Sam Bundle...

I never saw any of the Twilight films (I'm pretty picky on what parts of pop kulture I expose myself to.) Though they annoyed me, *another* character called Bella.

You see my main in WoW is/was a gnome mage, Bellamort (Beautiful death, though I was never sure if that referred to the death she caused, or her own -- back in Classic mages were real glass cannons. "Bella's dead" was heard commonly enough on vent to become a running joke/theme in guild, along with "Rezzing Bella". If something went slightly wrong with the Tank(s) I was next on the aggro list, and quite frequently aggro-capped/limited. Aggro management tools used to be far fewer.)

This continued my trend of names that pop kulture would (mis)appropriate. The pretty good Virginia based Darkwave band, Bellamorte, didn't bother me. Harry Potter fanfiction appropriated Bellamort to refer to fanfiction relating to a Bellatrix & Voldemort pairing.

Blah, how did I get on to this... oh right Twilight...

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16107 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

And yet the Steam FP is still showing me the Serious Sam Bundle...

I never saw any of the Twilight films (I'm pretty picky on what parts of pop kulture I expose myself to.) Though they annoyed me, *another* character called Bella.

You see my main in WoW is/was a gnome mage, Bellamort (Beautiful death, though I was never sure if that referred to the death she caused, or her own -- back in Classic mages were real glass cannons. "Bella's dead" was heard commonly enough on vent to become a running joke/theme in guild, along with "Rezzing Bella". If something went slightly wrong with the Tank(s) I was next on the aggro list, and quite frequently aggro-capped/limited. Aggro management tools used to be far fewer.)

This continued my trend of names that pop kulture would (mis)appropriate. The pretty good Virginia based Darkwave band, Bellamorte, didn't bother me. Harry Potter fanfiction appropriated Bellamort to refer to fanfiction relating to a Bellatrix & Voldemort pairing.

Blah, how did I get on to this... oh right Twilight...

Yea halfway into your post I assumed you were a Bellatrix x Voldemort diehard

#16108 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Spoiler

Weird, I'm pretty sure I picked up CivCity Rome for $1 a couple winter sales back.

I agree, the Civ 5 sale isn't bad, and their new Gold version is a lot better than the old GOTY version.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16109 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Weird, I'm pretty sure I picked up CivCity Rome for $1 a couple winter sales back.

Yep, you're right. According to Steamgamesales it was 99 cents two years ago (2011 Winter sale) but it hasn't been that cheap since and I missed it on that sale.

For some reason Tony has been able to work his magic and get Steam keys for almost every 2K game but this one.

The lowest it has been on Steam since that 2011 is $5. :cry:

steam_sig.png

#16110 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hm. I bought the Civilization V: Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World - Combo Pack in January, but the store thinks I do not own the Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack. It does seem to show up as "Scenario Pack: Ancient Wonders" in my DLC list, however. This is just a bug in the store, right?