Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#1831 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Torchlight II for %50 off is a flash deal.

#1832 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Haha, I never knew there was a game in the Divinity series called "Divine Divinity." I hope this title was created tongue-in-cheek. Maybe Dishonored's sequel can be "Dishonorable Dishonor."
Posted Image

#1833 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

New deals up.

Divinity Series
Orcs Must Die Series
Torchlight Series

So I own Divinity 2, OMD 1&2 and Torchlight 1&2

Well waiting till Dailies start :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1834 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

I have a friend looking for Torchlight 2, I think I'll recommend he wait for a daily deal in case it's a little cheaper.

#1835 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Haha, I never knew there was a game in the Divinity series called "Divine Divinity." I hope this title was created tongue-in-cheek. Maybe Dishonored's sequel can be "Dishonorable Dishonor."

Actually, I believe Divine Divinity (the first game in the series) is the best of all of them. The pack is a good price, but $2.99 for the first game is a steal. Unless of course you got it from GOG a few months back for $0.01.

#1836 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Orcs Must Die! is a great series. Was a mistake playing it right after Borderlands, though—weren't there any other damned voice actors?!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1837 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm hosting a TL2 4-Pack if anyone wants in...

#1838 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Meh, that "Community's Choice" isn't a choice at all. Half-Life 2, Bioshock, and GTA:VC have all been on sale a bajillion times. I own them all. I imagine everyone owns them all.

So which one do I vote for?

Meh. I guess I'll just pick the one I think is the best game... Bioshock again...

#1839 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Torchlight II for %50 off is a flash deal.

It's been cheaper, unfortunately.

Orcs Must Die Franchise for 75% off seems to be one of the better deals so far.

HL2, BioShock, Vice City Community Vote Deals?? Really Valve??? Beating dead horses?

76561197971332172.png

#1840 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well I bought Devil May Cry 4 from Green Man Gaming with that coupon floating around.

So Far:
Toki Tori
Devil May Cry 4
Posted Image

#1841 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Kind of disappointed the Forge got the community vote, but bring on the new daily deals!

Yeah I mean there's one indie game that I know is good and another that looks interesting and yet the unwashed masses pick the generic MMO. Good one.

I have a friend looking for Torchlight 2, I think I'll recommend he wait for a daily deal in case it's a little cheaper.

It was that price for the Fall sale last month and it's a fairly recent game still. I think that price is the end of the line for now.

I don't think we'll see 75% off until 2013. Also I don't think the Flash deals generally tend to get undercut later with a daily. I think that's just the lowest it will go.

4 pack is not a bad idea though. Cuts another $2.50 off.

#1842 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Meh, that "Community's Choice" isn't a choice at all. Half-Life 2, Bioshock, and GTA:VC have all been on sale a bajillion times. I own them all. I imagine everyone owns them all.

So which one do I vote for?

Meh. I guess I'll just pick the one I think is the best game... Bioshock again...

If Bioshock wins, I'll at least buy a copy for my girlfriend's laptop. I've already got three copies of Vice City, and two copies of Half-Life 2.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#1843 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Orcs Must Die Franchise for 75% off seems to be one of the better deals so far.

HL2, BioShock, Vice City Community Vote Deals?? Really Valve??? Beating dead horses?

It has? I bought it when it was a daily during the last big sale and it was only 50% off then too.

#1844 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Since when? I've never seen TL2 cheaper

#1845 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

If Bioshock wins, I'll at least buy a copy for my girlfriend's laptop. I've already got three copies of Vice City, and two copies of Half-Life 2.

But it's already $2.50 ($4.99 for 1 & 2) on Amazon.

#1846 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I was disappointed and frustrated with Dishonored. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but I bought it for the stealth and coming off Hitman, the stealth in Dishonored sucks, I feel. I gave up and bought Far Cry 3, will go back to Dis. later.

I also didn't like that if you die it reloads the last save and you lose any side progress you may have made such as collecting items or ammo or whatever. A lot of games will reset the mission you're on but keep your collectible progress. I found this really frustrating, at least it allows quicksaves but I don't always remember to use them.

I haven't touched Hitman yet. I still need to finish Blood Money before I can allow myself to move onto Absolution.

The Stealth in Dishonored just comes down to Dark Vision and Blink for me. Dark Vision to spot them, Blink to reach them, choke out and hide the body. I more love it for the immersion of the world and the characters. Although I try to stealth, I'm not above grabbing my pistol and mowing people down when I get caught, so it just doesn't effect me as badly as it might bother someone going purely for stealth.

Also, I feel like Dishonored gives you opportunities to play intelligently or recklessly and still have success. If I was a more patient person, I could get through without killing anyone, but I'm not, so occasionally I have to knife someone in the throat, but I still find meaningful progression in the level.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1847 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Exactly - this community choice thing is retarded and only goes to expose the "heard" mentality. If Bioshock 1 goes 75% off, it'll be $4.99 - the same price you can pay right now on Amazon to have both Bioshock 1 and 2 as Steam redeemable codes.

#1848 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Good sir, I was not aware. Thank you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1849 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

How much is Devil May Cry 4 on the GMG US store? It's showing as £1.69 for me, or £1.18 with the coupon. That's ridiculous. I don't even want it and I'm buying it.

#1850 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Sure I'm in.

#1851 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Since when? I've never seen TL2 cheaper

Pretty sure Gamefly had it for a little less.

76561197971332172.png

#1852 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Good sir, I was not aware. Thank you.

Be sure to select the correct one as there is a mixed DRM version on Amazon as well. This is the Steam only version. They also have Bioshock 1/2 budled with Spec Ops and Duke Nukem in their own separate bundles.

#1853 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Exactly - this community choice thing is retarded and only goes to expose the "heard" mentality. If Bioshock 1 goes 75% off, it'll be $4.99 - the same price you can pay right now on Amazon to have both Bioshock 1 and 2 as Steam redeemable codes.

I'll argue that it's more about putting possibilities in your head. I wasn't actively searching for Bioshock to be on sale, I already own it. It wasn't until Steam listed it as one of three options that I said, "Well, I can't use Vice City or Half-Life 2, but maybe Bioshock would be good for my girlfriend to play..."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1854 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Pretty sure Gamefly had it for a little less.

I don't think it has been. Either way, Gamefly hasn't beaten the 4 pack price.. because there is no 4 pack on Gamefly.

If you join a group buy it'll end up being $7.50, which is better than any price Gamefly has ever had.

#1855 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

What are people's opinions on the Introversion Bundle and Dungeons of Dredmor? I started buying PC games earlier this year and wasn't around for the Humble Introversion Bundle, and figure these games won't get bundled again.

I liked Uplink and Defcon despite not being very good at either. Keep in mind, however, that they've been in a HiB a while back so you may be able to find a cheap key.

There's no way that Torchlight II will be 75% off. It's currently 25% off, and they never go from 25% to 75% on sales, usually flash/deal of the day stuff is double the base percent off only. I doubt you can even hope for a 66% off.

I was expecting 50% off, but - like I said - unless the discount is 75% or more off I won't be buying it.

#1856 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'll argue that it's more about putting possibilities in your head. I wasn't actively searching for Bioshock to be on sale, I already own it. It wasn't until Steam listed it as one of three options that I said, "Well, I can't use Vice City or Half-Life 2, but maybe Bioshock would be good for my girlfriend to play..."

Yep. When I saw hl2 up for voting, I thought...ooh! If that wins, I can get that to add to the pile of games I wanna give to my sister when she gets a gaming PC (which, hopefully, is soon).

#1857 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

How much is Devil May Cry 4 on the GMG US store? It's showing as £1.69 for me, or £1.18 with the coupon. That's ridiculous. I don't even want it and I'm buying it.

$6.79, which comes out to 4.76 after voucher. GMG sure has been generous to their home country as of late.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1858 Bulkoth

Bulkoth

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

What is the best any one has seen Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for? I'm hoping to get it for < $10 to play it coop with a buddy and was wondering if the current 50% off $15 is as low as it is likely to go?

#1859 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

What is the best any one has seen Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for? I'm hoping to get it for < $10 to play it coop with a buddy and was wondering if the current 50% off $15 is as low as it is likely to go?

The #1 rule of Steam sales: If it's not a daily/flash/community deal - wait 'till the last day to buy it.

#1860 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I got it for $10 during the summer sale.