Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#1951 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

The Double Fine pack is $10. Pretty good deal, but I'd be buying Psychonauts for the 4th time. Amazon might come with that deal and individual codes down the line.

Amazon doesn't have Iron Brigade though, so I don't know if waiting potentially a long time is worthwhile to you to get separate codes. Psychonauts was in HIB5 and I would imagine it may be tough for you to get a decent amount for it if you were to try and resell.

#1952 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

and my wallet is safe again.

#1953 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

trading darksiders for bastion!

#1954 Heavenlywind

Heavenlywind

☆さくらちゃん☆

• CAGiversary!

re: buying Mission Runway

Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted Image

Left one...
Posted Image

#1955 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

It's not just $13 for Darksiders 2... it's the same Franchise Pack that's on Amazon.

- Amazon charges sales tax to many
+ Amazon also includes $5 credit towards Editor's Choice games (I already have 5 or 6 of those though)
+ Amazon gives you an extra copy of one of the DLC and a key for DS if you already own it

My only problem with the credits is that they're limited to one per purchase so you can't stack them up, and five dollars off of a $60.00 title isn't anything special.

Seriously: Darksiders II for $16.99, Franchise pack for $13.59, or everything THQ has on Steam for $24.99? Weird pricing...

Amazon has the same pricing. When I went to get the $13.19 deal, the first thing that came up was Darksiders II for $16.99 DD. It really is blowing my mind that Steam's pricing is playing catch up to Amazon.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#1956 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Has anyone played HAWX? I'm looking for a flight game and it looks good.

fs_overall.png

#1957 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I was interested in the Jack the Ripper one as well. I actually just ended up watching Dodger of Press Heart To Continue's gameplay of the entire game on youtube instead. I enjoy her stuff, so I probably ended up having more fun than actually playing it myself. (I realized after 15 mins of watching that it wasn't really my kind of game).

Thank you! I'll watch these videos, and hopefully I'll be able to make a decision.

I also watched some gameplay of I Am Alive, and it looks like it could be an interesting game for me, but also one I can wait to play. Not sure how I feel about the stamina/endurance mechanics yet. 75% off or bust!

As for today's dailies... meh. I have all the FEAR games, Psychonauts, and the only Tom Clancy game I want, and Darksiders II is cheaper over at Amazon. Dishonored is too much money for me right now for a game that'd just be tossed into the backlog.

Like others have already said, come on flash deals! You're my only hope today :P

#1958 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

My only problem with the credits is that they're limited to one per purchase so you can't stack them up, and five dollars off of a $60.00 title isn't anything special.

Not sure if you participated in the one they did January of this year, but all the games in the Editor's Choice got discounted at one time or another. They also added a number of games throughout the month. Some of the newer games probably won't get much of a drop and, yeah, $5 isn't going to make it a spectacular deal, but there were quite a few decent games I got for $0-$5.

76561197971332172.png

#1959 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Any chance Skyrim will go cheaper than $39.99? I missed the $23/28 GOG deal. :(

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#1960 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Spoiler

Left one...

I love the lion lady.

Pretty good chance I would say. Wait for a daily deal.

#1961 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Out of Curiousity is Ridge Racer Unbound showing on sale for you? It apparently was yesterday but only in the Euro region.

DMC4 is on sale here too though I bought it because 66% off + another 30% off on top of that is surely the lowest it will go, stateside anyhow.

Ridge Racer would've been £6.66ish yesterday? So £4.66 or thereabouts after the coupon? Didn't really catch my attention.

Now, Mission Runway on the other hand...

#1962 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Bedtime.

Picked up Dishonored x2 (also a copy for my brother whom just got home from Afghanistana 'bout 2 weeks ago) at the word of a few of you here. Probably wont get to play it for a few days. I'm at my gf's apt and have my crappy old laptop :( Looking forward to it :D

#1963 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I bought Torchlight 2 it may get cheaper some day, but meh.

#1964 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Ridge Racer would've been £6.66ish yesterday? So £4.66 or thereabouts after the coupon? Didn't really catch my attention.

Now, Project Runway on the other hand...

Ridge Racer is $50 at GMG for us in the US. :cry: Somehow the fact that I know it is drastically cheaper elsewhere makes me want it even though I'll probably not play it much...

Of course it cannot compare to the fabulousness of Mission Runway, however.

#1965 MC Kage

MC Kage

How is the game play of Orcs 2 compared to the first one? More of the same? New and improved? The Orcs 2 Complete Pack is also 75% off at $6.24 which I am thinking about getting since I already have the first pack.

Feels like more of the same. Then again I haven't played co-op on either so its a little bland atm. I like TD games tho.

Tom Clancy Franchise is cheaper if you buy them all individually. Who doesn't already own Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell game, anyway?

Me, at least on Steam. I might get AW & Vegas tho, both are two of my favorite next-gen shooters when I ran 360. Vegas MP was amazing, never tried to sequels to both so $2.50 is looking good. Horrible price for Future Soldier tho.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#1966 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

I'm still hoping to see The Walking Dead for 75% off <$10...I know it's wishful thinking and if it is discounted, it'll be the same $12.50 as always.

I finished it a few days ago and I would gladly pay full price for it (I bought it during the $12.50 sale at Amazon, which registered on Steam). It was a tremendously moving story, and I'm still reeling from it. For what it's worth, I haaaaate gore but I absolutely am in love with this game. Buy it, buy it, buy it.

#1967 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

snip....Now, Mission Runway on the other hand...

Stop that. Right now.

#1968 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Do the older splinter cell games still hold up well graphically on pc?

#1969 Bulkoth

Bulkoth

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

For the person asking for Nights into Dreams here it is for $7 steam activated.

http://slickdeals.ne...nto-Dreams-HD-7

#1970 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Yes. Even in the original one you can edit the edit the text file setting custom resolutions, very high shadows, textures, and models.

#1971 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

What is it missing?

Never mind, they updated it.

#1972 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I bought Torchlight 2 it may get cheaper some day, but meh.

Support dem awesome devs!
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1973 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Chaos Theory looks good.

#1974 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

They have a good deal on Forged $9.99 each and only $40.19 for the 4 pack you know because of the 23 cent convenience charge.
igame

#1975 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

More CAG cheer!

Blade: Posted Image
Sir_Fragalot: Posted Image
vince_carter: Posted Image

#1976 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm fairly certain it will be a daily or flash deal. I would expect $20-$30.

#1977 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Stop that. Right now.

Too bad you aren't my Steam friend (or at least under that name you aren't). You would have had a special 'gift' by now if you were...

Edited by Motoki, 21 December 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#1978 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

What would you recommend me in the Tom Clancy category? I'm planning to buy "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Edition".

#1979 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm surprised everyone here isn't busy playing Revelations 2012

#1980 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm too busy being dead what with the world having ended.