Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#181 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Some of the new packs recently added to the CDR for the Holiday Sale:

2K Collection:
Spoiler

Ubisoft Collection:
Spoiler

Square-Enix Hits:
Spoiler

Daedelic Bundle:
Spoiler

Stardock Pack:
Spoiler

...and old standby franchise packs like Might & Magic, Tom Clancy Pack, Assassin's Creed, etc.

And then there was a Dead Rising 2+OTR+DLC Pack from Black Friday that was never used, so who knows about these. #-o
...and Sacred 2 Gold :bouncy:

#182 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

I just realized this was Gabe. >.>;;

Winter Sale, my wallet is ready! I just started PC gaming this year, built myself a beast of a gaming PC. I just hope there are unique things on sale that Amazon digital hasn't already given us.

Congrats! PC Gaming may require some initial legwork, but its well worth it.

#183 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Darn, should've waited with Stardock purchases for that pack, lol.

#184 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

It's always nice to know who the PERSONA fans are. For whatever reason, PERSONA3 fans are less vocal than the Persona 4 ones, and I regard P3FES to be the superior of the two games. That's just me, though.

Hahaha, that Daily Deal is hilarious. The people on Valve's staff know what they're doing.

I love the Persona series too I would have to say I like Persona 4 more though even though I played Persona 3 first.

#185 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have 200+ games on Steam. (yeesh!)

Come at me, Steam. Try to give a deal worth buying with the Backlog of Immense Proportions™
Posted Image

#186 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

It's always nice to know who the PERSONA fans are. For whatever reason, PERSONA3 fans are less vocal than the Persona 4 ones, and I regard P3FES to be the superior of the two games. That's just me, though.

Hahaha, that Daily Deal is hilarious. The people on Valve's staff know what they're doing.

I enjoyed P3:FES a lot. I can't think of another single player game that I've sunk ~100 hours into (I generally get tired of Bethesda games after about 50-60). I think I'll probably give P4 a shot later, but I need a nice long break right now.

#187 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

im really getting pissed at these Crusader Kings 2 sales. The CK2 Collection NEVEr includes all the dlc. whats up with that. I dont care about all those bonus songs and skins. I just want The dlcs that add to the campaign. bleh

pass
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#188 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Some of the new packs recently added to the CDR for the Holiday Sale:

2K Collection:

Spoiler

Ubisoft Collection:
Spoiler

Square-Enix Hits:
Spoiler

Daedelic Bundle:
Spoiler

Stardock Pack:
Spoiler

...and old standby franchise packs like Might & Magic, Tom Clancy Pack, Assassin's Creed, etc.

And then there was a Dead Rising 2+OTR+DLC Pack from Black Friday that was never used, so who knows about these. #-o
...and Sacred 2 Gold :bouncy:

These packs have no DLC like they used to in the olden (2011) days so it seems like they are going to nickel and dime you for that now.

Also none of the more obscure games. No love for Flora's Fruit farm! ;)

im really getting pissed at these Crusader Kings 2 sales. The CK2 Collection NEVEr includes all the dlc. whats up with that. I dont care about all those bonus songs and skins. I just want The dlcs that add to the campaign. bleh

pass

That's Paradox for you. How many different variations of the Magicka collection are there now?

#189 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

If that Ubisoft pack is $50-60 I might get it for Ass Creed 3, From Dust, and Anno.

If it's anything more, I will pass.

Also if you don't own that Square Enix pack, buy it please.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#190 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

The Stardock and Daedelic packs look kind of nice.

#191 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

The Stardock and Daedelic packs look kind of nice.

Yeah, I might grab the Daedelic pack depending on the price.

#192 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

From SG:

Free Strategy First Bundle (NON-Steam, no Steamworks)

Go here: http://www.strategyf...egy-bundle.html (it says 75, but will change to $50 in cart)
Apply PROMOCODE: HAPPYHOLIDAYS for $50 off.
Bundle includes:
Jagged Alliance 2
Disciples II Gold
Space Empires V
Dangerous Waters
Steel Fury
Razor 2
Iron Warriors

#193 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

If that Ubisoft pack is $50-60 I might get it for Ass Creed 3, From Dust, and Anno.

If it's anything more, I will pass.

Also if you don't own that Square Enix pack, buy it please.

I also think that Ubisoft pack looks sweet, even though I already own Assassins Creed II and Farcry 1 and 2.

#194 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

I have 200+ games on Steam. (yeesh!)

Come at me, Steam. Try to give a deal worth buying with the Backlog of Immense Proportions™

At best, that's a backlog of modest proportions. You've got a ways to go before "immense" can be handed out. ;)

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#195 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Depending on price, I might have to buy those fucking Tomb Raider games. I am talking 1-6.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#196 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

So... apparently there is new DLC for Rage called 'The Scorchers' that adds more outdoor areas, some items, and another difficulty level. Talk about out of left field... why did they even bother developing paid content for this? Cost is around $5... same as what they sell the base game for at this point.

Wow, this was a surprise, thanks.

Tell that to the folks who got the 4.99 Jade Empire in the last sale.

You Sir are a prophet. But don't fall for the current daily deal, it will be 80% off during the winter sale!! Valve knows how to troll.

Also if you like Gray Matter please vote for it on Greenlight.

Thanks Motoki, voted it up.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#197 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Depending on price, I might have to buy those fucking Tomb Raider games. I am talking 1-6.

It's entirely conceivable that the Tomb Raider Collection will be 75% off at some point during the Winter Sale, making the whole shooting match $15.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/18475/

#198 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

It's entirely conceivable that the Tomb Raider Collection will be 75% off at some point, making the whole shooting match $15.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/18475/

That's what I was thinking.. but the problem is most people probably have Legend/Anniversary/Underworld by now.

#199 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

Key is still active. It's for Adventures of Shuggy. I gave it to a girl as a present on Friday, but she's apparently an ungrateful bitch. ;) Someone should use it so it isn't wasted.

#200 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Congrats! PC Gaming may require some initial legwork, but its well worth it.

Thanks. Funny thing is, I've worked as a computer tech for many years, but never considered pc gaming. It was always consoles for me. Fortunately, steam makes the legwork minimal.

That said, I still really enjoy my consoles and I only play PC games if they support controllers to play on my HDTV.

#201 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Key is still active. It's for Adventures of Shuggy. I gave it to a girl as a present on Friday, but she's apparently an ungrateful bitch. ;) Someone should use it so it isn't wasted.

lol I didn't notice there was a key in that post. Just wondering though, how would you know if the key is still active? I thought it was impossible to check.

#202 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Is Stronghold 3 just as bad as everyone said it was when released, or did they patch it up?

Also, concerning the 75% off sale on Crusader Kings II, how damn annoying is it that the 3 DLC's you don't own are the only ones not discounted. They need to stop excluding stuff when a game goes on deep discount.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#203 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I've always wondered, why doesn't this Steam deals thread get stickied? Same with the Xbox live weekly deal and PSN weekly deals thread?

#204 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

lol I didn't notice there was a key in that post. Just wondering though, how would you know if the key is still active? I thought it was impossible to check.

When I go to redeem it, it says "Product Already Owned." I think that means it hasn't been used, right? Otherwise it would say "Duplicate Product Code?" I don't really know how the system works, if it checks whether the key is valid or not before checking if you own it. But I asked her if she used it yesterday, and she said "oh I forgot." That's what you get with stupid LoL fanatics. ;) If anyone who doesn't own the game tries to use it, maybe they'll be able to shed some light.

#205 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

When I go to redeem it, it says "Product Already Owned." I think that means it hasn't been used, right? Otherwise it would say "Duplicate Product Code?" I don't really know how the system works, if it checks whether the key is valid or not before checking if you own it...

Nah, I think it says Product Already Owned regardless if the key has been used or not. You can check if it's a duplicate on a Steam account that doesn't have Shuggy tied to it, but you risk activating the key if it hasn't been used.

#206 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I hate when you give someone a key and they don't bother to activate it and also don't bother to tell you.

It takes like a minute (literally a minute because Steam takes a dump when you put in a key but still) so it's not a big deal. And if you aren't going to use it then just say so right away.

My sister does that crap to me all the time. *grumble grumble* ;)

#207 Ozonekill

Ozonekill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I've always wondered, why doesn't this Steam deals thread get stickied? Same with the Xbox live weekly deal and PSN weekly deals thread?

I think CAG gets some money from places like amazon
Posted Image

#208 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think CAG gets some money from places like amazon

No.

Not in exchange for stickying threads.

#209 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is Stronghold 3 just as bad as everyone said it was when released, or did they patch it up?

Yes. It sucks. Seriously.

I feel like lobbying Valve to allow for trading and reselling of games just so I can give it to you so you don't waste your money on it like I did.

If you want to buy it buy it but then you must come back and tell me how much it sucked and how right I was. :lol:

#210 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is there a way to tell if a Steam key has been redeemed without actually redeeming it?