Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#2581 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

[quote name='Mooby']Man now I feel like a dunce for buying $10 Skyrim![/QUOTE]

Makes me happy I only manged to snag a $10 Diablo 3 on that M$ sale.

[quote name='griffinup']If you guys are felling lucky, you can use coupon code IAMANELDERGEEK for an extra 5% off. Got this from the SD thread, so credit goes to them.[/QUOTE]

Not SD. Gamersgate thread here. Check my sig.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Haha... even as the server slowly claws its way through a hundred-thousand simultaneous buy requests, my souls screams "You could be betting 5% off this if you bought blue coins first!"[/QUOTE]

For the average CAG better to get the pack than risk it for a buck and change. For terminally CAG it's a matter of self respect (and fear of humiliation on the forums).

[quote name='Arben']I'm with the 2nd quote for now. I still haven't finished Torchlight 1. Every so often, I go back, figure out how my character works again, and then do a couple very similar levels where I'm assaulting renowned Giant Spiders in their homes while they're trying to have dinner or something until I'm reasonably sure I'm actually the villain, and then put it down for a few months.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight 2 is way better than Torchlight 1. Unless you're really in the swing of things in TL1, I'd recommend skipping it at this point. Also TL2 has co-op, if that appeals to you.

[quote name='MC Kage']Really wish they'd bring back the GTA Pack that people were talking about. I'll probably end up getting VC for $2.50 tho. San Andreas is a shit port...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='carl7117']what is so bad about it? the controls? i think a $5 price tag would justify that for me[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MC Kage']yep. tried using a 360 controller and I miss using triggers to drive lol. Camera almost intolerable too. It was $3.75 on Amazon during the Autumn sales[/QUOTE]

GTA:VC & SA were released on PS2 which didn't have triggers. They play even better on the PC (even w/o mods @ 800x600). I'm suprised and happy to hear it works with a 360 pad, that's some backporting. They supported DirectInput at release (Rumbepad 2/F510).

[quote name='Syntax Error']I wonder if this site will work in Lynx. Would cut down on the load times :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just turn off image auto loading. Images aren't the main load factor here though, I can report.

[quote name='MC Kage']I'm glad I bought OMD1 GOTY on GG a few weeks back, that's when I registered my account.[/QUOTE]

This is really setting apart the regular CAGs (who already have GG accounts and are used to how they work / have payment issues sorted out) from the seasonal CAGs.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Does refreshing that paypal link charge you multiple times or something? I'm worried since my history with PP has not been good.[/QUOTE]

Refreshing did not. I kept an eye on my paypal emails.

[quote name='Blade']I was given an order number but my Paypal account was never charged. No emails from either site. :([/QUOTE]

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersga...rderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersga...hop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgat...m/account/games

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2582 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Obviously, this will be the "Winter Sale" sale to remember! Sadly, not from Steam.

If I recall, it was the same thing last Christmas. That was the first time Amazon realized they needed to compete with Steam if they wanted to be a serious digital distributor. I know last year, I purchased roughly the same amount of games from deals on Amazon as I did on Steam, if not more.

Now GamersGate and GMG, and to some extent Origin, have been getting more serious about their deals as well.

#2583 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

You know, I have so much else to play, I actually don't mind waiting for the game to be ten dollars through the Steam store a year from now. I'm not going to work myself to death over this one.

#2584 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Appears to be dead. Getting an invalid product SKU when I try to add. Guess I missed out on that.....
Posted Image

#2585 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

I would gladly sell you some of my extra games but my activation keys won't load.

#2586 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

If I recall, it was the same thing last Christmas. That was the first time Amazon realized they needed to compete with Steam if they wanted to be a serious digital distributor. I know last year, I purchased roughly the same amount of games from deals on Amazon as I did on Steam, if not more.

Now GamersGate and GMG, and to some extent Origin, have been getting more serious about their deals as well.

I don't think GamersGate is getting serious about deals, I think it's having some serious issues and price glitches.

#2587 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

We've been betrayed by a fellow CAG. lol

http://slickdeals.ne...7-82-GamersGate

#2588 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

if i get these pending orders to go through id be happy to sell some of those game you all want.

#2589 Sokvichet

Sokvichet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Appears to be dead. Getting an invalid product SKU when I try to add. Guess I missed out on that.....

Site is still not loading here.

#2590 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

I'm mainly looking to get Skyrim out of this if anyone ends up with an extra.
Posted Image

#2591 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Would someone do me a favor and ask Tony to pricematch the Bethesda collection?

#2592 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Guys, i just got the gamersgate bethesda pack to go through on my phone like 45 mins ago. Thanks for the heads up and try with your phones. Also thanks to the bro who made me a xmas forum pic, looks totally dope.

Hand__Of__God.png

#2593 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

People gotta whore for that SD rep!

#2594 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

I went crazy on the checkout button once because I had the impression that it would load faster that way. ;) Went through Paypal checkout four times, but I only have one confirmation. For those guys who said they'd buy a pack, I'll let you know if I managed to actually get more than one.

#2595 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Would someone do me a favor and ask Tony to pricematch the Bethesda collection?

Amazon DVG doesn't sell Zenimax/BETHESDA games. :(
They have not inked a deal w/ them yet. :(

#2596 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Just do it anyway. ;)

#2597 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Guys, i just got the gamersgate bethesda pack to go through on my phone like 45 mins ago. Thanks for the heads up and try with your phones.

I bet if I reported that I got through on my microwave but it had to be a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave, I could get at least one of you to go to Walmart.

#2598 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

I went crazy on the checkout button once because I had the impression that it would load faster that way. ;) Went through Paypal checkout four times, but I only have one confirmation. For those guys who said they'd buy a pack, I'll let you know if I managed to actually get more than one.

Check your PayPal account, that is what really matters.

#2599 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

That's OK - after this is over, no one's gonna need to buy any Bethesda games any more...

#2600 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just do it anyway. ;)

Amazon doesn't price match any of the overseas digital sellers, like never, it's their policy.

#2601 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

I told you they ruin everything.

People just post there to get the rep like people put crap up on Steamgifts for credit.

Except the steamgifts credit is at least somewhat useful.

#2602 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

I bet if I reported that I got through on my microwave but it had to be a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave, I could get at least one of you to go to Walmart.

Thanks for the tip. I ran to Walmart, got a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave and OMG it let me checkout! Man those microwaves, how do they work?!

#2603 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Since people are already willing to sell their keys I might as well ask since the site isn't even loading at all.

Any item/items worth $40 on Steam (don't do paypal) for everything that was offered in that pack except Morrowind (already got it).....?
Might seem like a sucky deal but PM me if you are interested! :)

#2604 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just got the Bethesda pack and the games are showing in my library. Individual keys.

#2605 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Torchlight 2 is way better than Torchlight 1. Unless you're really in the swing of things in TL1, I'd recommend skipping it at this point. Also TL2 has co-op, if that appeals to you.

I agree that Torchlight 2 is way better than Torchlight 1.

#2606 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

So I have a pending order still that I am trying to complete again. If anyone wants to sell a Dishonored, I'll buy it for $15.

If these go through, I'll be selling them to you guys.

fs_overall.png

#2607 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hmm it may still be working. Just found two in my cart on a refresh.
Posted Image

#2608 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for the tip. I ran to Walmart, got a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave and OMG it let me checkout! Man those microwaves, how do they work?!

Thanks for Skyrim.

#2609 veb

veb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

*creys* I still can't get past checkout. *steps into bottomless hole of depression*

#2610 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hopefully GamersGate won't go bankrupt over this.