Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! Limited Edition Pre-order at NISA

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
Just received this in my email:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives/NeptuniaV-PS3-Limited-Edition

It's that time again! Preorders are open for the third addition in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series-Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory!

neptV_horiz.jpg

With your help, our Online Store has been able to create a cool Limited Edition for this game that will be available exclusively at our Online Store! The preorder began on December 11, so please check it out!
With your purchase of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition, you'll snag the following:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory game for PlayStation 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory original soundtrack
Online Store exclusive: Hardcover 36-page art book
Online Store exclusive: Small Time Capsule Tin
Online Store exclusive: Large Time Capsule Tin containing all the items listed above

This rare collection can be found only at our Online Store and will be released on March 12, 2013! This set will not be available at any other time. We have already have had a large amount of this item preordered and encourage you to pick up your copy today! Once it's sold out, it's all gone!
All this can be yours for only $64.99 USD, so venture to our Online Store page to secure your copy today! You can "Press Start" on your adventure at: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition preorder page

Shipping is Free

Anyone ordered from their store before? I'm curious as to when I'll get billed.. is it:

A) Immediately

B) When the item ships

C) A hold will be placed against the funds but will fall off until the item ships

D) A hold will be placed against the funds but will fall off only to immediately be charged again in a cycle until the item ships

Edit: Nevermind.. icon on product page says the charge won't occur until the item ships.

[quote name='GBAstar']Anyone ordered from their store before? I'm curious as to when I'll get billed.. is it:

A) Immediately

B) When the item ships

C) A hold will be placed against the funds but will fall off until the item ships

D) A hold will be placed against the funds but will fall off only to immediately be charged again in a cycle until the item ships

Edit: Nevermind.. icon on product page says the charge won't occur until the item ships.[/QUOTE]

Unless you pay with paypal, IIRC, paypal will get charged immediately.

[quote name='Asgardian']Unless you pay with paypal, IIRC, paypal will get charged immediately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right. I think anytime you make a purchase with PayPal you get charged immediately. I certainly wouldn't buy something this far in advance with PayPal as you lose your buyer protection after 45 days of making payment.

[quote name='GBAstar']Anyone ordered from their store before? I'm curious as to when I'll get billed.. is it:

A) Immediately

B) When the item ships

Edit: Nevermind.. icon on product page says the charge won't occur until the item ships.[/QUOTE]

They do put an initial hold as you described in C, but won't be actually charged til it ships.

A) Immediately

B) When the item ships

Their store is on the ball too when it comes time for shipping. I usually get stuff in 2 days after the order ships, and that's with their free domestic shipping. Their paid shipping is brutal though, like $40 or something like that.

NISA is finally starting to put together some nice CEs.

A figurine or/and steelbook would be welcomed additions though.

This was in the Japanese niche games thread a while ago, wasn't it?

Anyway, like I said there, gonna have to pass as I don't play my ps3 often enough.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah you're right. I think anytime you make a purchase with PayPal you get charged immediately. I certainly wouldn't buy something this far in advance with PayPal as you lose your buyer protection after 45 days of making payment.[/QUOTE]

Actually you don't get charged immediately with Paypal. I paid on the 13th and no money has been withdrawn. The order status shows "Pending" at Paypal with an expiration date of April 12, 2013. So the funds won't be pulled until just before it ships most likely.

I pre-ordered this earlier because I don't want to miss out, like I did with the mk2 LE.

But this is one redundant special edition. I would have much rather taken a bigger artbook or small figurine then two lunchboxes.

It'd be nice if you could tell if the game would suck or not before purchasing the limited edition. It's an RPG and developed by Compile Heart. I'm going with "it probably sucks."

[quote name='kupomogli']It'd be nice if you could tell if the game would suck or not before purchasing the limited edition. It's an RPG and developed by Compile Heart. I'm going with "it probably sucks."[/QUOTE]

The game is out in Japan already. A google/youtube search would probably help.

[quote name='kupomogli']It'd be nice if you could tell if the game would suck or not before purchasing the limited edition. It's an RPG and developed by Compile Heart. I'm going with "it probably sucks."[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the series until I bought mk 2 when it went on sale. After playing a little bit of it, I have to honestly say that I don't think it's that bad. The battle systems reminds me more of Xenosaga. It actually makes me sad I passed up on the first one now. I did pre-order Victory, but not the CE of it.

Will pre-order this soon. Pretty lame CE, but at least it has the OST and an Artbook, which are my two favorite CE contents. Would have preferred a normal box instead of the lunchbox.

[quote name='outerfox']I haven't played the series until I bought mk 2 when it went on sale. After playing a little bit of it, I have to honestly say that I don't think it's that bad. The battle systems reminds me more of Xenosaga. It actually makes me sad I passed up on the first one now. I did pre-order Victory, but not the CE of it.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the first one was terrible, the second was a lot better but just okay. Hopefully the trend follows.

[quote name='outerfox']I haven't played the series until I bought mk 2 when it went on sale. After playing a little bit of it, I have to honestly say that I don't think it's that bad. The battle systems reminds me more of Xenosaga. It actually makes me sad I passed up on the first one now. I did pre-order Victory, but not the CE of it.[/QUOTE]

Is the first one hard to find now, or do you mean you're sad because you would have preferred to play it from the first game?

For $15 more I can't really complain.

and FYI when this thread first went live it was at 75% stock remaining and is now under 50%. If I had to guess I'd say they are making around 1,000 but I could be way off.

[quote name='barrit']Is the first one hard to find now, or do you mean you're sad because you would have preferred to play it from the first game?[/QUOTE]

I think he means it is hard to find the Collectors edition for the first one, which it is, because the regular edition for the first one had a reprint.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Will pre-order this soon. Pretty lame CE, but at least it has the OST and an Artbook, which are my two favorite CE contents. Would have preferred a normal box instead of the lunchbox.[/QUOTE]

I know that the standard edition of NIS titles always comes with a soundtrack. (Well, when ordering from them). It would be nice if they offered an edition that included the artbook as well and that be like, oh $5-10 extra, then it would go into a premium edition. But I'll take a soundtrack. :p

Also, I'm spoiled on Blizzard's artbooks in their CEs being like 200 pages books :\

[quote name='GBAstar']For $15 more I can't really complain.

and FYI when this thread first went live it was at 75% stock remaining and is now under 50%. If I had to guess I'd say they are making around 1,000 but I could be way off.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say. I pre-ordered this on the 11th, which I think is when it went live for pre-order. It may just be getting more exposure now though, which would explain the fast depleting stock.

Question, after ordering can you change the shipping address? In the process of moving, so trying to figure out where the hell I can ship it to if I order

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question, after ordering can you change the shipping address? In the process of moving, so trying to figure out where the hell I can ship it to if I order[/QUOTE]

Yea, about a week before they ship/charge your order, they will also send out a reminder email to log into your account and make sure everything is correct.

[quote name='mikemb402']Question never pre ordered from nisa...can I cancel if I decide not to get it?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can cancel an order if needed. You just have to email them the order # and say that you want to cancel it. It isn't as simple as a cancel button but they have been very fast when I have cancelled before.

[quote name='barrit']Is the first one hard to find now, or do you mean you're sad because you would have preferred to play it from the first game?[/QUOTE]

Hard to find/too expensive. I think all I've seen are imports. Maybe I haven't been looking in the right place, but I seem to recall seeing prices of like $70-80+ for the first game.

[quote name='outerfox']Hard to find/too expensive. I think all I've seen are imports. Maybe I haven't been looking in the right place, but I seem to recall seeing prices of like $70-80+ for the first game.[/QUOTE]

There was a reprint of the standard edition at gamestop before the 2nd game came out. You might find a new or used copy there for $30 if they still have any around you.

[quote name='outerfox']Hard to find/too expensive. I think all I've seen are imports. Maybe I haven't been looking in the right place, but I seem to recall seeing prices of like $70-80+ for the first game.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, I was going to bring up the UK import, but you may already know about it. Zavvi.com has Neptunia (UK Version) for £14.99 + .99 shipping, which would be $25.97 shipped. Decent price if you don't plan on buying any DLC. If you did plan on it, then you'd need a UK account and have to buy the UK PSN cards. I think there is a good amount of free DLC, but it's mainly crazy high level dungeons and you would need to grab it off the UK PSN as well.

[quote name='cgxcswim']There was a reprint of the standard edition at gamestop before the 2nd game came out. You might find a new or used copy there for $30 if they still have any around you.[/QUOTE]

^ that sounds like a better option. I import, but I try my hardest not to import a game that is identical to the US version unless I absolutely have to.

[quote name='cgxcswim']There was a reprint of the standard edition at gamestop before the 2nd game came out. You might find a new or used copy there for $30 if they still have any around you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was able to grab one for $24.99 and my gamestop still has two left I believe.

I have the original with the artbook, unopened and such, I'm not even sure if I want it. If anyone is interested I might part with it for a reasonable offer but I'm not sure maybe I will keep it haha

If anyone was wondering about how they ship items I figured I would give some insight - the three times I've ordered from them have been pretty darn good.

I've ordered 2 CEs in the past and both came in large boxes with the big bubble material, both were unharmed. I ordered 3 games during their online sale and the games were all wrapped in bubble wrap, and then inside a big box with the big bubble material on top of it.

They seem to cater to collectors in my experience, so even though the items may be prone to denting since they're lunchboxes, I wouldn't be worried at all.

they tried to charge my card right away, so might want to keep that in mind.

ill bookmark this and hopefully be able to get it on friday when i get paid. heres to hoping!

Got one to go with the other 2 LE's. I didn't know this was going to become a series. Is anything else coming out for the series?
Once I get this I suppose I'll finally sit down and play all three.
Thanks for posting this.

I went ahead and pre-ordered this. Still debating if i'm actually going to play it or resell it. I missed out on the MK2 LE but I own the first two games and MK2 is pretty alright.

NISA products are packaged very well. They don't charge until the item actually ships, even with PayPal It is authorization that causes funds to be put on temporary hold. It has only been about a week since they began taking orders for this item and there is only around half the stock remaining...

Last edited by a moderator:
NISA does have amazing customer service. I tried to call them and actually got a real person to help me out! That and they always always package items very well; I don't hesitate to order with them anymore. (Although they used to be horrible way back in the day, I'm glad they turned it around!)

I had 10 bucks in gift certificate codes, so that brought my order down to 55 bucks shipped. I'll be honest and say I have every intention of reselling the game.

[quote name='yokofox33']I had 10 bucks in gift certificate codes, so that brought my order down to 55 bucks shipped. I'll be honest and say I have every intention of reselling the game.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, it seems like most people preordering this are. Not surprising considering the massive price inflation for the mkII Limited Edition.

bread's done
Back